Rappers on PhilaFlava superior to Jay Electronica

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

he can... when he raps he doesn't need a microphone, the microphone needs him
And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ardamus wrote:I can't believe just because a few rappers that happen to post do not fuck with Jay Electronica on here has warranted this thread
Read the other thread.

There is an easily discernible animus toward Jay Electronica. The strongest detractors being rappers themselves.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Dusty Fingers wrote:he can... when he raps he doesn't need a microphone, the microphone needs him
This reads unnecessarily sensual.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

hired gun wrote:
Philaflava wrote:I didn't read all that shit but did Mindbender just say he can rap better than anyone on Planet Earth?
he puts his raps up against anyone on planet earth. What else is new.
Sometimes is not what you say but how you say it. Not sure how bold this is but I'd put a weak Jay Electronica track up against the very best Mindbender and I'm sure the majority would favor in Jay.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Philaflava wrote:
hired gun wrote:
Philaflava wrote:I didn't read all that shit but did Mindbender just say he can rap better than anyone on Planet Earth?
Sometimes is not what you say but how you say it. Not sure how bold this is but I'd put a weak Jay Electronica track up against the very best Mindbender and I'm sure the majority would favor in Jay.
About as bold as saying Dids has a basement occupied by chained-up, female, blonde twenty-somethings.

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Philaflava wrote:
hired gun wrote:
I need a shake my head emoticon.
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Dusty Fingers wrote:mindbender is so dope that everybody pretends he's wack
thanks if you're serious, and thanks if you're joking
don't twist it. I can't particularly rap/deliver as good as some of the greats (my endurance isn't as strong as Black Thought... I get too hype in shows, gotta work on my breath control), but bar for bar, I think I can hang with anyone. But I think everyone should think like this about their rhymes, so whatever.

Happy James Brown Day, everyone
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_rvNfCWoQM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_rvNfCWoQM&hl ... 6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Dusty Fingers wrote:mindbender is so dope that everybody pretends he's wack
thanks if you're serious, and thanks if you're joking
don't twist it. I can't particularly rap/deliver as good as some of the greats (my endurance isn't as strong as Black Thought... I get too hype in shows, gotta work on my breath control), but bar for bar, I think I can hang with anyone. But I think everyone should think like this about their rhymes, so whatever.

Happy James Brown Day, everyone
The real question, though, the only question: Why do you post more than you rap?

And I have to say, buddy, not that we don't deserve it because we are, in fact, Yankee assholes. However, your "F.A.I.L." song is a rather foul and abbrasive missive to us here in the lower forty-eight.

Bizz Bozak

Post by Bizz Bozak »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:bar for bar, I think I can hang with anyone.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Employee wrote:
ardamus wrote:I can't believe just because a few rappers that happen to post do not fuck with Jay Electronica on here has warranted this thread
Read the other thread.

There is an easily discernible animus toward Jay Electronica. The strongest detractors being rappers themselves.
I did and for the most part stayed out of it because of where the thread was going. I like Jay but don't put him on the level some of you guys do. I just think its fucked up to resort to rappers on here being jealous because they were like they don't get the hype. I know there's tons of artists out there you don't get what the hype it all about.

If I was like another blog that I check is the complete fuckin' shit and you guys were like "yeah, its aight but its not all that", should the rappers on here be like, "ah, fuck that, y'all jealous about the other bloggers", what would your response be to that?
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

ardamus, you just jealous of my hair.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

sean wrote:ardamus, you just jealous of my hair.
slug's fade is serious.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

ardamus wrote:
slug faded is serious.
fixedbound

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

sean wrote:
ardamus wrote:
slug faded is serious.
fixedbound
:leon:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ardamus wrote:
Employee wrote:
Read the other thread.

I did and for the most part stayed out of it because of where the thread was going. I like Jay but don't put him on the level some of you guys do. I just think its fucked up to resort to rappers on here being jealous because they were like they don't get the hype. I know there's tons of artists out there you don't get what the hype it all about.

If I was like another blog that I check is the complete fuckin' shit and you guys were like "yeah, its aight but its not all that", should the rappers on here be like, "ah, fuck that, y'all jealous about the other bloggers", what would your response be to that?
Cats should stop acting like his appeal is so definitely baffling and rooted in mystery.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

When I dislike another producer and act like I don't understand why other people feel him or her as much as they do, I know 90% of that is rooted in jealousy and self-hatred.

I'm gonna bet most rappers who feel apathy towards Jay Electronica do so for the same reason, whether or not they (can) admit it. After "Exhibit C", there should be no doubt about what he can do, what he brings to rap, and why he appeals to so many people.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Employee wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Employee wrote:
Read the other thread.

Cats should stop acting like his appeal is so definitely baffling and rooted in mystery.
Also, they should stop admitting to being jealous in no uncertain terms while Ardamus shuffles and cops pleas for them.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Can yall shut the fuck up? Yall keep telling us why we feel a certain way about shit and yall are just fucking ridiculous.

This entire site is a fuckin' high school. And every differing opinion is met with "if you don't like what I like then you're a faggot".

Bottomline, you're an insecure bitch if you can't deal with someone having an opinion different from yours. If you need everyone to agree with you and your viewpoints then something is seriously wrong with you.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

adoption is serious up in here up in here.

bottom line is that dude is dope.
and yes, his rapping imho, is doper than every rapper that posts here.

eat cack and puke on grandma merry new god.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Cash Rulz wrote:Can yall shut the fuck up? Yall keep telling us why we feel a certain way about shit and yall are just fucking ridiculous.

This entire site is a fuckin' high school. And every differing opinion is met with "if you don't like what I like then you're a faggot".

Bottomline, you're an insecure bitch if you can't deal with someone having an opinion different from yours. If you need everyone to agree with you and your viewpoints then something is seriously wrong with you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Thun wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:Can yall shut the fuck up? Yall keep telling us why we feel a certain way about shit and yall are just fucking ridiculous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance
Thanks. But I like calling people insecure bitches. Less syllables.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Employee, how do you find Jay compares to Illmatic-era Nasty Nas and Common circa '97?

Do you think he's better? Do you notice any similarities in style?

Just curious.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Thun wrote:
Employee wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Employee wrote:
Read the other thread.

Also, they should stop admitting to being jealous in no uncertain terms while Ardamus shuffles and cops pleas for them.
Talking shit about me as usual don't answer the question at all.

Fuck this, time to bring up old shit.
How about that time you made that thread about Blu, Thun? Remember that shit? Now, you don't mind that muthafucka now do you? But when you made that thread you were definitely on some "I don't get all the hype" shit.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Party Ardy's swan diving off that fence...

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

this.
Bizz Bozak wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:bar for bar, I think I can hang with anyone.
but I love this.
Employee wrote: The real question, though, the only question: Why do you post more than you rap?

And I have to say, buddy, not that we don't deserve it because we are, in fact, Yankee assholes. However, your "F.A.I.L." song is a rather foul and abbrasive missive to us here in the lower forty-eight.
dude, I barely post anymore. People still quote me and stalk me and bring my name up though. Don't blame me. I could post one brand new song a day for the next 3 months if I wanted to. No matter how much I reveal on this website, you don't know me when I'm offline, Employee.
'F.A.I.L.' is just a playful jab. I said nothing untrue or extreme. Just making observations, heyy.

"your symbol isn't a peaceful eagle, it's an arrogant vulture/ hustlers and charlatans are the high priests of American culture" is one of the harshest lines in the song, and I don't even think it's that bad.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

:icedit:

Fuggit.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

you should contribute, Smitty.

ironically, one of the verses I was going to put up was my verse from "My Savings Account" on Pip Skid's "lets just call you quits" album, but I didn't get to a studio in time.

peanuts and corn, yo. be part of the Canadian Hip Hop Takeover of 2010. It's gonna be a slobberknocker!!!

peace to all the rappers who publicly admit they are trying to be as amazing as possible. ain't no shame in wanting to create greatness, is there?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:Employee, how do you find Jay compares to Illmatic-era Nasty Nas and Common circa '97?

Do you think he's better? Do you notice any similarities in style?

Just curious.
Put it this way: There is no one on earth or any other planet or in any other solar system superior to Jay Electronica. His answering machine's outgoing message is the ether to Illmatic along with countless other classics.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Smitty wrote::icedit:

Fuggit.
That's faggot shit. Say what you wanna say and be done with it. MB can take it.