roc marciano

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Gurped Out

Post by Gurped Out »

FROM UNKUT:
Robbie: So whatג€™s next?

Roc Marciano: Iג€™m about to drop the Marcberg Reloaded ג€“ thatג€™s gonna be free for everybody thatג€™s fuckinג€™ with me. Iג€™m in the process of wrapping that up right now. So thatג€™s coming with it, just like Strength & Honor that I did in unison with UN Or U Out. Whenever I put out a project I give something away. Itג€™s gonna be like part two to that, like a double album real quick. Iג€™mma give another fifteen songs away, just on the strength. Like, ג€˜Boom, take thatג€™. Thatג€™s gonna be a free download.

Verge

Post by Verge »

This shit is shaping up to be the best rap album of the year so far. Not that
that's saying much, just sayin.

ruraloutfitter

Post by ruraloutfitter »

Gave the new album a quick spin, shit's HOT. Def. the best rap album i've heard this year.

Track 8, Panic is hard as fuck.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q2qokWDUkLU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q2qokWDUkLU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Brokewax

Post by Brokewax »

Ripped this from a set Pete Rock played on corrupt mob radio a couple months ago..I'd love to hear a full version of this
http://www.divshare.com/download/11098286-9db

ruraloutfitter

Post by ruraloutfitter »

^^need

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

Leaked yesterday.............there are good tracks. would have been waaaay better if he switched up the tempo on some joints tho'. The 1st 6 tracks sound like 1 long song. Roc spits, but replay value is low considering I've had the best joints like "Snow" for a minute. definitely had higher expectations....ahh well.

DLG

Post by DLG »

first rapper ever to admit to drinking andre champagne on record?

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Sebastion Shaw wrote:Leaked yesterday.............there are good tracks. would have been waaaay better if he switched up the tempo on some joints tho'. The 1st 6 tracks sound like 1 long song. Roc spits, but replay value is low considering I've had the best joints like "Snow" for a minute. definitely had higher expectations....ahh well.
This is what I feared and expexted, Ima check it out tho once I get off work. I think Robbie just overrated it cause he has such a man crush on Roc Marcy.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Tired & Broke wrote:
Sebastion Shaw wrote:Leaked yesterday.............there are good tracks. would have been waaaay better if he switched up the tempo on some joints tho'. The 1st 6 tracks sound like 1 long song. Roc spits, but replay value is low considering I've had the best joints like "Snow" for a minute. definitely had higher expectations....ahh well.
This is what I feared and expexted, Ima check it out tho once I get off work. I think Robbie just overrated it cause he has such a man crush on Roc Marcy.
Yeah, I think it'll hold up after multiple listens, though. Hopefully.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Thug's Prayer>>>>>>>>>>>

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

<object width="400" height="225"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id= ... llscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id= ... llscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object>

victoires de la rap :bow:

Gurped Out

Post by Gurped Out »

P.M. Please :cheers:

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

my boy just hit me up & told me the album leaked? Anyone have a link? If so hook that shit up

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

yo, robbie did NOT over rate this joint.
this shit is crazy.

Brokewax

Post by Brokewax »

Gurped Out wrote:P.M. Please :cheers:

Verge

Post by Verge »

sun ra wrote:<object width="400" height="225"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id= ... llscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id= ... llscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object>

victoires de la rap :bow:
:cheers: even when Im greezy and broke

DLG

Post by DLG »

Verge wrote:Thug's Prayer>>>>>>>>>>>
this is the track that stood out for me as well

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

nickwoj wrote:yo, robbie did NOT over rate this joint.
this shit is crazy.
Fam....Robbie said this shit is like Critical Beatdown.......I'm old enuff to remember Critical Beatdown and what that album was.........THIS IS NOWHERE in that galaxy and I'm a Roc Marci fan, peep the first post I ever put on Philaflava. It was one of the Prophesy remixes. Nobody wants this to be a banger more than me.

I have a few issues with it after listening to it again.

Roc rambles in a freestyle type of way thru most of the tracks.........the beats are not bangers, some sound like there aint even a baseline and there's too much of the same cadence the whole album.

I'm a fan of gritty HipHop and am around talented mc's from all over, I give this album a 6.5-7 out of 10.

Best joints

Snow
Thug Prayer
Jungle Fever( and really fucked with this 1 because the beat is up tempo and he should have had more of this vibe the whole album instead of the laid back wannabe pimp 70's type joints)

and that's an honest review.

Haitian Jack

Post by Haitian Jack »

for sum reason i wanna hear roc do a joint wit megalon/tommie gun

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The album is pretty good. I'm digging the fact it doesn't rely on guest appearances or a Premo track to really sell it. It's a throwback to the real albums by real rappers holding it down on their own.

The production is a bit bland throughout the album. I really wish it had that P Brothers (Boss Money LP) sound to compliment what Roc was trying to accomplish.

I won't call it album of the year either. For what it's worth both Freeway and Brotha Lynch Hung are better, not by much but they are.

This is definitely worthy of a purchase though. I'm pleased with the outcome.

Verge

Post by Verge »

A lot of the beats are 2 or 4 bar loops and some don't have drums besides the ones from the samples.
Or on some, the drums are understated/lower in the mix.
I like the simple gritty approach to the boards that Roc took here. He did the beats to showcase his rhymes. And the beats are still dope, imo. Some of them remind me of certain Wu joints where they would just let a sample rock with no drums.
I like this better than the Freeway joint and the only thing I heard off the Brotha Lynch was that one from the SLT90s comp, but I think Roc is ill so I'll probably put this as my top album of the year after a few more listens.
There IS NOTHING WACK ON HERE...... I think.
I also agree that a couple of P Brothers beats would have helped on this, but I like it as is, so far. We'll see how it holds up.

Verge

Post by Verge »

After that album with Arch Druids, a complete Roc LP with The P Brothers would be ideal.

Money Daniels

Post by Money Daniels »

Verge wrote:After that album with Arch Druids, a complete Roc LP with The P Brothers would be ideal.
:cheers:

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

so Roc did a whole album with those Arch Druid cats? I gotta hear that

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

Verge wrote:After that album with Arch Druids, a complete Roc LP with The P Brothers would be ideal.
Dope idea....them Arch Druids cats got the right beats to compliment this cat. Couple of those beats on here would have broken up the monotony. Remember Raekwon is a dude who can get monotonous without the right production. He won with Cuban Linx 2 because the beats were impeccable as well as the rhymes.

That said the shit I like on this album, I really like. I just gotta add it to the mix of shit I got from him and make a dope cd to ride to all the way thru.

Thun

Post by Thun »

DLG wrote:first rapper ever to admit to drinking andre champagne on record?
:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: / :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTOg_RGOEBg#t=3m18s

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

albums trump tight

beats kinda remind me of the 'all we got iz us' album
in their minimalism/ruggedness

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

yo does anyone have a mix of all of the Pete Rock produced joints?

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

I pretty much agree with a lot of what people are saying about "Marcberg".

It's sorta sedate, there isn't really anything that's going to get you to jump out of your chair energy wise. That said, the album flows really well. Marc is on point with the rhymes for the most part, and I agree it's nice to have an album with only one guest.

I hope the next album has a little more vigor, but I'm not unhappy with this one either.

A Pete Rock or P Brothers produced album would be fantastic.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]