new Supreme Being Unit single - Supernova

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

http://www.divshare.com/download/6729297-fbc

Supernova by Conspiracy and Mindbender of The Supreme Being Unit
the first single off 'In Space, No One Can Hear You Rhyme'

enjoy.
this is a planetary premiere.
don't say i never did anything for you, haw haw
honestly, it's virtually the perfect time for this shit.
we've been waiting our whole lives for the stars to align.
it's almost the moment.

FYI: this was recorded in 2004, like the rest of the third SBU album. there are 16 more songs. this is the shortest, and probably most linear, relatively. there is nothing like this album in 2009 hip hop on planet earth, for better and worse.

ask the Iron Sheik how awesome and epic 'Aliens Vs. Predator' is.
ha.

this is the almost-final version. just to give you a hint of what's to come.
I saw Conspiracy yesterday and said "our time is now, if it was ever our time to rise and shine." Even in his half-delusional mindstate, he agreed.

"Supreme Being Unit makes music on an unknown level/
the kind that educates Gods and also controls Devils..."

:ff: & :ignore:
thank you to the good ones for listening and supporting SBU since 1995.
and haters, thank you for the energy and promotion. we couldn't do it without you.

back to building my new psychic soundwave pyramid :spidey:

stay tuned
love,
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Grizz Leroux

Post by Grizz Leroux »

this track is unlistenable. you guys are horribly off beat, conspiracy sounds like he's had a lobotomy and it just doesnt make me want to listen to any of your stuff. good try though.

FuhqUrDayUp

Post by FuhqUrDayUp »

What the fuck is this? Joke music right?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

FuhqUrDayUp wrote:What the fuck is this? Joke music right?
best first post ever
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

dirtybird

Post by dirtybird »

drizzle wrote:
FuhqUrDayUp wrote:What the fuck is this? Joke music right?
best first post ever
seriously ...I don't have any issues with you mindbender...but this is really bad

Dids

Post by Dids »

Conspiracy sounds like some weird melding Del/MF Doom/4 tons of cough syrup that is rapping holding his nose closed for no good reason.

I actually enjoyed Bender's verse. I like this beat.

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

this isn't THAT bad, but no 30 year old is listenin to this. this is for 13 yr olds who want to be on some next shit and rub it in their friends face
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

BlingRhames

Post by BlingRhames »

^ On some "I like way shittier shit than the shit you listen to," right?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

the beat is not bad at all, maybe the best i've ever heard you go over actually (not counting covers of course)

your verse isn't that bad either, just completely out of sync with the beat. you sound energetic and actually excited to be there, that helps

conspiracy sounds really really really bad though. the mumbling, the fact that it seems like he forgot half the lines - it's just a huge mess. the fact that the song starts with 2 1/2 minutes of that completely ruins it
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Mods? Move this to the sound lab.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

i want that beat. the mix on it is horrid; the drums sounded faded.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Moolah wrote:Mods? Move this to the sound lab.
he'll have to give feedback in sound lab. we tried this before, didn't go so well.......
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

step one

Post by step one »

theres something wrong about the fact that at the time of my post this is sitting in between threads on the new Red & Mef and the new Ghostface.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee wrote: Being that you live in Australia, when you're giving Thun that Dundee-Dome do his balls rest on your forehead instead of your chin?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

this song captured Conspiracy near the height of his struggles with his demons. that's why it's important to kinda keep how it is. (the final retail version will be mastered and have extra cuts on it... but this is an audio snapshot of a man's life).

my stuff, i'm mixing/mastering/tightening as much as possible before the final version drops. but Conspiracy has a name for this style of vocalism: "monster growl" or something like that, sorry, I'm not doing it justice. He has a name for this kind of vocal style, I forget it. He goes off beat way more than I even do, and layers his stuff wild style. ODB's one-take piecing together of the 'N!gga Please' album comes to mind... but Conspiracy is much less refined. The parallel exists though. Relatively.

every song on the SBU album is vastly different from the last. but this is a decent entry point. thanks for taking the time to listen and give feedback because

...this is love it or hate it music, BUT at least we made it music/ and we didn't make it industry, this is going to be interesting/ this'll be the end of me or i'm finna be an entity... Conspiracy the Cutslinger & Mindbender Supreme, we are not making songs no more, we're making history...
:grin:

Begging for a song to be moved is a childish reaction to something you don't like. Evolve yourself.

love,
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

BlingRhames wrote:^ On some "I like way shittier shit than the shit you listen to," right?
hey, we were all guilty of it at one point
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

"The sun is the source of free solar energy"

Know the ledge.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:"The sun is the source of free solar energy"

Know the ledge.
:lol:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:"The sun is the source of free solar energy"

Know the ledge.
when you have been to a universe with opposite rules, you will realize the depth of this jewel

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

i like the track.

will sound better with cuts.

bender, i heard some finalized tracks with cuts kicking it with weez the other day. they sound crisp. the beat changeups throughout some of the tracks are crazy.

every track is definitely different than the last one.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Balzac wrote:i like the track.

will sound better with cuts.

bender, i heard some finalized tracks with cuts kicking it with weez the other day. they sound crisp. the beat changeups throughout some of the tracks are crazy.

every track is definitely different than the last one.
word up, homie
yeah... I think that shit is gonna be appreciated in 2009 hip hop.
motherfuckers are not ready for it. neither are Mindbender and Conspiracy. :ff:
it's happening anyways. i dont give a fuck if some of these dudes can't wrap their head around it.
that's some of the best art in the world, shit you hate and can't comprehend.

Balzac, try to roll with Weez :cookiecookie: when he comes out here next month, I'm doing a show for him.

Canada is the fucking future of hip hop. I will die a happy man when I see the day this fact manifests globally.

peace to LBA

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:Conspiracy has a name for this style of vocalism: "monster growl" or something like that, sorry, I'm not doing it justice.
the jokes write themselves.

rhickey

Post by rhickey »

thread is a shining example of why ignoring mindbender doesn't pay

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Conspiracy rips this shit. :rockout:

aresem

Post by aresem »

this is some hot garbage, homie... im not gonna lie.

BusinessMan

Post by BusinessMan »

This track COULD be really good, but it's lacking in some areas.

The beat is ridiculous, i'm really feeling it. I actually like Conspiracies verse better than yours, but he needs to seriously tighten up the flow and stop sounding like a half-retarded down syndrome version of Bill Cosby. But at least the verse sounds decent, even being offbeat. Your verse is offbeat and also unlistenable.

With that said, follow the example set by this track, and you are heading in the right direction. I just don't understand why you guys can't seem to tighten up the fucking flow, when everyone tells you that this is the MAIN, if not the ONLY, problem you have. I honestly believe if conspiracy and you, who needs a bit more work than the former, tighten up your flows, the lyrics and creativity could truly shine through. I see something along the lines of Deltron 3030 if you put in some SERIOUS SERIOUS work.

Take that how you will, my good deed of the day i guess.\

EDIT: Just want to clear something up to prevent confusion. At this point, this is not even close to the edge of the same planetary solar system that the worst track on Deltron 3030 is at.
Get Money Bitch!

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Moolah wrote:Conspiracy rips this shit. :rockout:
of course. ain't no one like him in rap. i mean it when i say 'insane genius'
rhickey wrote:thread is a shining example of why ignoring mindbender doesn't pay
:lol: infact :rofl:
furthermore, I wouldn't dare dream of hitting :ignore: on anyone on :phila: .

just to tune out someone is a better punishment. Trademark, for example. why exert the energy to even press a button to ignore him? that would (essentially :grin: ) mean he has some kind of power over me, enough where I would have to consciously go out of my way to do something to make sure his powers don't affect me. never that! :rofl:

I don't need no steenkin' button to make some of these tossers piss off :ironmike:

love love,
Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:Conspiracy has a name for this style of vocalism: "monster growl" or something like that, sorry, I'm not doing it justice.
the jokes write themselves.
i try.
BusinessMan wrote:This track COULD be really good, but it's lacking in some areas.

The beat is ridiculous, i'm really feeling it. I actually like Conspiracies verse better than yours, but he needs to seriously tighten up the flow and stop sounding like a half-retarded down syndrome version of Bill Cosby. But at least the verse sounds decent, even being offbeat. Your verse is offbeat and also unlistenable.

With that said, follow the example set by this track, and you are heading in the right direction. I just don't understand why you guys can't seem to tighten up the fucking flow, when everyone tells you that this is the MAIN, if not the ONLY, problem you have. I honestly believe if conspiracy and you, who needs a bit more work than the former, tighten up your flows, the lyrics and creativity could truly shine through. I see something along the lines of Deltron 3030 if you put in some SERIOUS SERIOUS work.

Take that how you will, my good deed of the day i guess.\

EDIT: Just want to clear something up to prevent confusion. At this point, this is not even close to the edge of the same planetary solar system that the worst track on Deltron 3030 is at.
thanks! honestly, each track has its own story, insanity, and inspiration behind it. some other ones have only one vocal track, and Conspiracy sounds much different. You can hear his different mind states of his battle with his addition demons across various recordings in his career. It's very interesting if you pay attention. That is, care to pay attention.

but honestly, we're trying. (well, I know I am taking my music career more serious than ever, every new day.) life is hard as rapping alien drug addicts from Toronto, haw haw. there's no precedents to us, we're figuring it out by trial and error error error. I know that I've never been so good as a rapper. These songs were honestly all written and recorded in winter 2004 in about 4 days. Me and Conspiracy also did a 5 song EP last summer, and he sounds waaay different on that too. So do I. For better or worse.

Weez-L is polishing this album up, and DJ Nato is mastering it. Should shine like diamond shit when it's done.

Creatively, we're consistently inconsistent. Is that worth anything these days? :cookiecookie:
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

p.s. go see 'Watchmen'

kato

Post by kato »

conspiracy>>>Bender

bent

Post by bent »

ardamus wrote:
he'll have to give feedback in sound lab. we tried this before, didn't go so well.......
I didn't listen to the song and about half of the posts in thist hread are on ignore, but isn't sound lab the forum for :phila: posters to share their music?

M2C is for relevant hiphop music. Mods, correct this shit.