What aspect of hip hop makes you the most ashamed?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Money Gripp

What aspect of hip hop makes you the most ashamed?

Post by Money Gripp »

:killacam:

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

when da lench mob calls me a devil
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

The fact that I still actively listen to it and buy CDs. The fact that I know who Kid Cudi or Bernard Dolan are. The fact that Pete Wentz would get serious rotation if he recorded a rap album. The fact that I am able to blog about anything Hip Hop related.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

^^^ I, too, am ashamed of my ongoing participation, however small and tangential, in a musical form that went from being one of the most interesting and progressive to one of the least interesting and regressive.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

imagine how making it feels.
:shutter:

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Blockhead wrote:imagine how making it feels.
Do you ever start to make a song and then imagine some European wigger saying

"Fook youu, Dod, I em not going to serve compolsurry milli tary service. I em going to spend ze rest of my life immersing myself in the ennui and aesthetic of Amerrycan producer Blookhead!!!"

and then just go :owens: ?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Money Gripp wrote:
Blockhead wrote:imagine how making it feels.
Do you ever start to make a song and then imagine some European wigger saying

"Fook youu, Dod, I em not going to serve compolsurry milli tary service. I em going to spend ze rest of my life immersing myself in the ennui and aesthetic of Amerrycan producer Blookhead!!!"

and then just go :owens: ?
not really but logging onto myspace and reading comments and messages makes me :err: on the regular.

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

rappers don't try anymore, yet i continue to purchase albums.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

the general disrespect of women and "other" people makes me ashamed.

i'm glad that i ALMOST don't have to make excuses for myself when i say to someone who's like 50 years old "yeah, I'm into hip hop"
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:rappers don't try anymore, yet i continue to purchase albums.
Okay, that's on you, buddy.

The last hip hop album I purchase was something Ghostface-related a couple years ago.

No one puts any effort in into their records anymore so my thinking is "why should I give you my money when I'm just gonna burn the best tracks and then toss the CD into oncoming traffic?"

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The people it attracts.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

that these cd's are still in my collection

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Philaflava wrote:The people it attracts.
THIS :nut:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i'd say this was hypocritical elitism of the worst sort if i didn't feel exactly the same way
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Nathan Blaze

Post by Nathan Blaze »

This thread.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

drizzle wrote:
i'd say this was hypocritical elitism of the worst sort if i didn't feel exactly the same way
Pretty much.

And it's not elitism but I think in any music where authenticity is vital, there should be some sort of hierarchy/pecking order.

When people like senorhaha become the norm rather than the exception, you got a real fuckin' problem.

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:i'm glad that i ALMOST don't have to make excuses for myself when i say to someone who's like 50 years old "yeah, I'm into hip hop"
Thirty-two years old, everyone. These words were written by a thirty-two year old man.

ACTHEPD
Location: HiphopPhilosophy.com Radio ... HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com

Post by ACTHEPD »

People who think that Supersonic was HipHop when they heard it ... people who think that biting/biters are HipHop ...
myspace.com/theprogramdirector
HipHopPhilosophy.com
HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com
Martin wrote:i gotta be honest. acthepd is by far the biggest self aggrandizing faggot (outside of mindbender) on this website but he does have damn good taste and mixing skills
SCARLENE wrote:THAT LOCATION SUCKS...ONLY REASON I NOTICED YOUR STORE WAS I AM USUALLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC THERE, & OH MY GOD ACS STORE IS RIGHT THERE

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

ACTHEPD wrote:People who think that Supersonic was HipHop when they heard it ...
You mean the J.J. Fad song? :naswtf:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Money Gripp wrote:
drizzle wrote:
Pretty much.

And it's not elitism but I think in any music where authenticity is vital, there should be some sort of hierarchy/pecking order.

When people like senorhaha become the norm rather than the exception, you got a real fuckin' problem.
to clarify (and this is not a shot at mg or phila personally) i meant fans as much as the musicians themselves.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

thats pretty much it.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

drizzle wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
drizzle wrote:
Pretty much.

to clarify (and this is not a shot at mg or phila personally) i meant fans as much as the musicians themselves.
My attitude differs depending on the person.

If some 17 year-old kid is listening to La Coka Nostra and asks me if I like rap, I won't be a condescending dick and I'll try to talk to him about the "good shit" without being arrogant.

But I have no patience for some 25 and up cockend who still doesn't get it and probably never will. Fuck 'em.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

the people who complain about it but yet are still fans
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

drizzle wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
drizzle wrote:
Pretty much.

I'm talking more about the fans. For instance, I'd never marry my wife is she was some hip-hop head all into Dipset or Wu-Tang. I don't really have friends who know much about hip-hop and I kinda like it. Not that I want everybody to be like me, but the typical hip hop head is a real douche bag.

The best kind of hip-hop fans are the ones who you'd never be able to tell were even into hip-hop. They don't go out of their way to prep the role of tweak an affected voice.

I think this is why I was always drawn to the type of folks who liked De La or ATCQ than those who liked Wu-Tang or Snoop Dogg.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

ardamus wrote:the people who complain about it but yet are still fans
That's dumb. Do you like every movie Al Pacino is in? Do you watch ever Spike Lee movie and have to like it? Art is suppose to be judged.

ACTHEPD
Location: HiphopPhilosophy.com Radio ... HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com

Post by ACTHEPD »

suckers who say "i dont buy music, i make it" ... guarantees their music sux ...
myspace.com/theprogramdirector
HipHopPhilosophy.com
HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com
Martin wrote:i gotta be honest. acthepd is by far the biggest self aggrandizing faggot (outside of mindbender) on this website but he does have damn good taste and mixing skills
SCARLENE wrote:THAT LOCATION SUCKS...ONLY REASON I NOTICED YOUR STORE WAS I AM USUALLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC THERE, & OH MY GOD ACS STORE IS RIGHT THERE

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Philaflava wrote:
That's dumb. Do you like every movie Al Pacino is in? Do you watch ever Spike Lee movie and have to like it? Art is suppose to be judged.
Let me re-phrase before you hit me with another one of those dickhead fence-sitting jokes, another "he's like everything phrase", or another one of your commentary on my comments. People who complain way too fuckin' much; to the point, you don't even know if they fuck with it. You'd think by the way some people complain about the shit, they'd give up and stop being fans. Thats all I'm sayin'.......
Last edited by ardamus on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

ardamus wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Let me re-phrase before you hit me with another one of those dickhead fence-sitting jokes or another one of your commentary on my comments. People who complain way too fuckin' much. You'd think by the way some people complain about the shit, they'd give up and stop being fans. Thats all I'm sayin'.......
Ok, got it. You're talking about Money Gripp. Don't mind him, he just hates everything in life.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Philaflava wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Let me re-phrase before you hit me with another one of those dickhead fence-sitting jokes or another one of your commentary on my comments. People who complain way too fuckin' much. You'd think by the way some people complain about the shit, they'd give up and stop being fans. Thats all I'm sayin'.......
Ok, got it. You're talking about Money Gripp. Don't mind him, he just hates everything in life.
:lol: cool.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Philaflava wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have high standards for everything, yo!!!