Rick Ross "Teflon Don" Album

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Random Sample wrote:You can say what you want to say about Rick Ross, but the dude knows how to pick beats. There is only one beat that I don't like, on this album and it isn't that bad. I just don't dig it. I wish more rappers had his ability to pick beats.
Agreed. Dude also knows how to pick what guest appearances on which tracks.

starks

Post by starks »

vermillion wrote:
starks wrote:
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Yes. Excellent but blasphemous flip, if he hadn't gotten Rae on it a lot of people would be buggin.
:larry:

1. flip is dope. don't see how its blasphemous
2. no one would give a fuck if it was a solo track
People would, and some people still will.
who, exactly

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

this album is fucking awesome.

I like how short it is. But every song is a full sized maximum amount thorough and well written crafted piece of gangster rap lyricism in an artistic fashion.

Ricky Rozay will get eternal love from me. On dope (rhymes)

I almost wanna grow the same beard. He ain't cut that shit ONCE!

and also, the guest appearances are all (some) of the classy, "hot" musicians in the urban music industry since 2005-2010....

good to have those bonus tracks for TEFLON DON.

9 out of 10.

this nigga knows how to make Barry White/Teddy Pendegrass/Issac Hayes levels of black soul music when he uses his discression to pick and choose the beats for his international industry releases. He is pretty perfect, and, that cop shit, well......he could say he was undercover in babylon as a black soldier. Infiltrate the system to rob and scan it then go back to doing "illegal" activity in the country...

props and love to my boy, Rick Ross. I been with him since day 1.

if he goes pro-black, and raps investment ideas, he will be 1000% better than perfectest

i bet these lyrics last with longevity past 2017

I wanna hear DREAM TEAM. he is getting the busta rhymes treatment from me.....and he is also IN a group with busta..alrite!

1 time bredren. blaze the weed

C
www.conspiracyscreations.com
everybody sharing all the food, liquor, drugs, and money for free spiritual knowledge and PUSSY....
extraterrestrial illumination has been discovered!(Really.)
top 10-BUSTA-RZA-AZ-REDMAN-NAPTRON-APATHY-ABSTRACT RUDE-BLACK THOUGHT-DR DRE-SCARFACE (and Supernatural as a bonus 11*)
2010 C

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

MB's head just exploded nigga
UBM CD COMING SOON

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

starks wrote:
vermillion wrote:
starks wrote:
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Yes. Excellent but blasphemous flip, if he hadn't gotten Rae on it a lot of people would be buggin.

who, exactly

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Bonus tracks

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DAQ475E0

10. Rick Ross - Aston Martin Music (Extended) Ft. Drake & Chrisette Michelle
12. Rick Ross - Audio Meth Ft. Raekwon
13. Rick Ross - Mafia Music 2 Ft. Christte Michelle
14. Rick Ross - Sweet Life Ft. John Legend
15. Rick Ross - Supper High (Remix) Ft. Wiz Khalifa & Curren$y
The extended version of Aston Marin Music is the version on the album.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

^No.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

^Didn't listen, but I'm speculating cuz the version I downloaded last week is around 4min's long and the version that came with the album is 30 seconds longer. Does the version you put up there have a Drake verse on it? If so, :arrow:.

Comedy Quaddafi

It does and it's a 7 minute version.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:It does and it's a 7 minute version.
:copy:

Patches O'Houlihan

Post by Patches O'Houlihan »

Hey does anybody know where I can get these hats Ross rocks? He has that Heat hat in aqua in the B.M.F. video, anyone anyone....bueller?

I think its a 59fifty but I cant tell for sure
A new era has begun and it goes by the numbers 1,3,6

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Random Sample wrote:You can say what you want to say about Rick Ross, but the dude knows how to pick beats. There is only one beat that I don't like, on this album and it isn't that bad. I just don't dig it. I wish more rappers had his ability to pick beats.
:cheers:

starks

Post by starks »

vermillion wrote:
starks wrote:
vermillion wrote:
starks wrote:

who, exactly

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Patches O'Houlihan wrote:Hey does anybody know where I can get these hats Ross rocks? He has that Heat hat in aqua in the B.M.F. video, anyone anyone....bueller?

Go here: Shoe Gallery Inc

They brought out the same Heat fitted (59fifty/New Era) in 3 different colorways: Miami Dolphins, Florida Marlins, and Florida Panthers. They're dope, they also got some funny ass LeBron tee's all over the place.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Drastik wrote:
Patches O'Houlihan wrote:Hey does anybody know where I can get these hats Ross rocks? He has that Heat hat in aqua in the B.M.F. video, anyone anyone....bueller?

They brought out the same Heat fitted (59fifty/New Era) in 3 different colorways: Miami Dolphins, Florida Marlins, and Florida Panthers. They're dope, they also got some funny ass LeBron tee's all over the place.
Ahh the Alife of South Beach. Where wigs, UM students and cholos gather to cop the latest sneaker worn by Rick Ross, DJ Khaled or Turtle. Yeah I been there to see the hype and I'm pretty confident in saying the average Fulton Street shop shits on this Gucci Mane version of a sneaker store.

Patches O'Houlihan

Post by Patches O'Houlihan »

Drastik wrote:

YES Shoe Gallery!! Done, thanks!
A new era has begun and it goes by the numbers 1,3,6

Req

Post by Req »

His best album so far

very dope
F.U. MOOLAH

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Philaflava wrote:
Drastik wrote:

Go here: [url= Gallery Inc[/url]

Ahh the Alife of South Beach. Where wigs, UM students and cholos gather to cop the latest sneaker worn by Rick Ross, DJ Khaled or Turtle. Yeah I been there to see the hype and I'm pretty confident in saying the average Fulton Street shop shits on this

Gucci Mane version of a sneaker

store.
lol, first of all this is on the mainland. Second of all, you were probably shitting ur preppy jew hanes no fly-zones by driving through the area. the fact you said "south beach" proves you've never set foot in over town. goddamnit you're getting more annoying and pompous each day, gloss. fuck.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

"My top back like JFK, they want to push my top back like JFK!"

step one

Post by step one »

HipHoppin wrote:
Last night I cried tears of joy
What did I do to deserve this
Young, rich muthafucka still uneducated but dammit a nigga made it
God damn a nigga made it
Crib bigger than a church Lord know I'm blessed
Five different lawyers Lord know I'm stressed
I'll punch you in the face get you 300k
Ask Vlad now he back to makin minimum wage
Another victim of my criminal ways
I wanna walk in the image of Christ
But that bitch Vivica nice

ROSAY!!!
is this meant to be an example of Ross's 'mazin writin-n-rappin skillz?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Comedy Quaddafi

Yeah, please stop quoting him to prove hes dope, especially Escobar :grin:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7IfMVJ2QkFo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7IfMVJ2QkFo&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Funniest interview. I can safely say I wouldn't be able to stomach the company of this demented walrus.
- MB

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Drastik wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Drastik wrote:

Ahh the Alife of South Beach. Where wigs, UM students and cholos gather to cop the latest sneaker worn by Rick Ross, DJ Khaled or Turtle. Yeah I been there to see the hype and I'm pretty confident in saying the average Fulton Street shop shits on this

store.
lol, first of all this is on the mainland. Second of all, you were probably shitting ur preppy jew hanes no fly-zones by driving through the area. the fact you said "south beach" proves you've never set foot in over town. goddamnit you're getting more annoying and pompous each day, gloss. fuck.
i thought the majority of the board would appreciate the analogy better. but you've been annoying and a horrible poster since you started. if you aren't talking about weed you're spewing lies after lies. you're daf piff with a different zip code and minus the photoshop skills.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

I've never heard a Rick Ross song before. Someone :upload: a youtube or two of his best.

Req

Post by Req »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Yeah, please stop quoting him to prove hes dope,
agreed, we should be quoting the Drake verse on the extended mix of Aston Martin music instead:

"I miss Memphis Tennessee, my cousins, my dad
the simplistic beauty that all of them southerners have
I'm halfway across the world with dozens of bags
FEELIN LIKE ALL FOUR MEMBERS OF COLOR ME BADD"

:rofl:
F.U. MOOLAH

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Philaflava wrote:
Drastik wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Drastik wrote:

store.
i thought the majority of the board would appreciate the analogy better. but you've been annoying and a horrible poster since you started. if you aren't talking about weed you're spewing lies after lies. you're daf piff with a different zip code and minus the photoshop skills.
EXPOSED

Thun

Post by Thun »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Yeah, please stop quoting him to prove hes dope, especially Escobar :grin:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7IfMVJ2QkFo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7IfMVJ2QkFo&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Funniest interview. I can safely say I wouldn't be able to stomach the company of this demented walrus.
I hate to admit but I'm almost inclined to take this guy's music more seriously after watching this interview. I like his attitude.

GhostDog

Post by GhostDog »

Philaflava wrote:
:cheers:
I totally agree. This one advantage he has over just about every other mainstream rapper.

Another thing I'll add, as much as Rick Ross subject matter leaves to be desired, he's got a dope flow, charisma, and is funny.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Thun wrote:
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Yeah, please stop quoting him to prove hes dope, especially Escobar :grin:

I hate to admit but I'm almost inclined to take this guy's music more seriously after watching this interview. I like his attitude.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6PzUz_6WmXE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6PzUz_6WmXE&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Moolah wrote:I've never heard a Rick Ross song before. Someone :upload: a youtube or two of his best.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-4TM16OJVc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-4TM16OJVc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
This is a classic interview.

starks

Post by starks »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote: <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7IfMVJ2QkFo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7IfMVJ2QkFo&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
:rofl:

nahright says jeezy and ross are about to get into it

now i know a jeezy vs ross poll would might epitomize low level boarding, but id like to know who p prefers