Got $10,000?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Got $10,000?

Post by Employee »

$10,000 you get an Ep! a 5-7 song project where you get to work with del on the concept, vibe and the content! with your executive producer credits. Come spend a day with SIr DZL and add your 2cents on the project you want DeL to make! Real Talk!

(The 3k and 10k offers will have to be interviewed before Del can agree to move forward, Do to The Jerks and Dobalinaג€™s in the world! If you are seriously interested email Deltronfans@gmail.com subject ( Serious Business)

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

that's a lot of shrooms

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

future of hip-hop? ras gets his album paid for buy fans, now del is giving bedroom producers boners.

starks

Post by starks »

all of these types of practices are shameful

can't make a living off music? get a fucking day job

LadyDeathStrizzy

Post by LadyDeathStrizzy »

word ^

This shit is getting outta hand.
word to yo motha....

myself

Post by myself »

It's just a different way of doing things. If someone is willing to pay, that's up to them. If no one wants to, maybe that's the best way to end these things if you don't like that. If someone else does, who cares?

This kind of shit has been going on since art existed. There have always been artists with no support from the market who manage to get wealthy individuals to fund their lifestyle. And rappers were doing it way before Ras. Rockers have been doing this shit as well.

Dap

Post by Dap »

i dont know what to even think of this shit. i mean deltron 3030 was great to me and he's sunk this far? at the same time, if there's some dope ass creative up and coming producer out there and he makes some great beats, why not do it?

Gurped Out

Post by Gurped Out »

del is burnt, anyone listen to the new album yet? Any good?

Versive

Post by Versive »

nah

Renessis

Post by Renessis »

myself wrote: This kind of shit has been going on since art existed. There have always been artists with no support from the market who manage to get wealthy individuals to fund their lifestyle. And rappers were doing it way before Ras. Rockers have been doing this shit as well.

I don't think many people are comfortable with the idea of rappers doing this so blatantly. Makes it feel like its missing something from the equation, but I can't put my finger on it.

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

starks wrote:all of these types of practices are shameful

can't make a living off music? get a fucking day job
:larry:

What's shameful about these practices? Unorthodox, surely, but shameful? Really?

I don't think it's that bad a thing. If record companies aren't going to fund shit, then I don't see the big deal with going directly to the people who are interested in the record to help with funding.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

There is a reason why nobody is willing to fund Ras Kass or Del, obvious reasons.

For most bedroom producers it shouldn't be all that hard to come up with 10K. Usually they're duos. Most live at home with their parents and pay no rent so surely this project is destined for project fail before it even starts. Del hasn't been nice in years and unless an album is being produced by SD50s, Automator, El-P, Prince Paul or Domino + A-Plus, Del will not produce an album even worth downloading.

I speak to the truth and nothing but the truth so help me Rakim.

rawunkut

Post by rawunkut »

^ ^ rakims my god too but how do you know about every producer and his lifestyle? do you have any industry experience? or just being cynical cuz that's what message boarders do?

i'd like to see the rest of this post above, but it does look like del is hungry for cash.

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

rawunkut wrote:^ ^ rakims my god too but how do you know about every producer and his lifestyle? do you have any industry experience? or just being cynical cuz that's what message boarders do?
same way we know this post means uz a faggot

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

Renessis wrote:
myself wrote: This kind of shit has been going on since art existed. There have always been artists with no support from the market who manage to get wealthy individuals to fund their lifestyle. And rappers were doing it way before Ras. Rockers have been doing this shit as well.

I don't think many people are comfortable with the idea of rappers doing this so blatantly. Makes it feel like its missing something from the equation, but I can't put my finger on it.
yeah, patrons were a very common thing in arts especially painting and still are to some extent. it was kind of a win-win situation, the artist obviously could live doing what he loved, and the patron could achieve some reputation in his class. kinda like charity donations from famous people nowadays.

furthermore the difference is Del and Ras have been sucking for quite some time now. the patron thing was usually for people who haven't made it yet and couldnt yet live through their art. not for some washed up has beens who have obviously not been able to manage the money they made throughout their 15+ year careers.

i don't really see the win-win in this situation.
not really sure what this 10000$ should go to. labels give advances to pay producers studio time and engineers...

im not really sure but it seems to me at least 9700$ would go to Del's weed habit.

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote: im not really sure but it seems to me at least 9700$ would go to Del's weed habit.

might be able to finally square away that deepfriedjellol debt aswell...

Renessis

Post by Renessis »

Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:
Renessis wrote:

yeah, patrons were a very common thing in arts especially painting and still are to some extent. it was kind of a win-win situation, the artist obviously could live doing what he loved, and the patron could achieve some reputation in his class. kinda like charity donations from famous people nowadays.

furthermore the difference is Del and Ras have been sucking for quite some time now. the patron thing was usually for people who haven't made it yet and couldnt yet live through their art. not for some washed up has beens who have obviously not been able to manage the money they made throughout their 15+ year careers.

i don't really see the win-win in this situation.
not really sure what this 10000$ should go to. labels give advances to pay producers studio time and engineers...

im not really sure but it seems to me at least 9700$ would go to Del's weed habit.
Yessir, you hit the nail on the head.
Patrons is/are the terminology I was having troubling formulating.

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

Dick ryders would have been acceptable as well

Falside

Post by Falside »

My nomination.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jArvonHLz98&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jArvonHLz98&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>