Shit we don't have to dispute...

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Shit we don't have to dispute...

Post by Philaflava »

Kool Fash was most definitely the best out the trio.

Grand Puba was not missed on "In God We Trust."

5Ft (Black Moon), Freaky Tah & Jarobi are some of the most insignificant members of any rap group.

Add on.

Thun

Post by Thun »

JuJu was better than Kool Fash.

Grand Puba is always missed when he's not there.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Thun wrote:JuJu was better than Kool Fash.

Both Jamar and Sadat held It God We Trust down nicely. Also, you're out of your fucking mind if you think Junkyard is better than Al Tariq. Contrarian.

Jayou Ayen

Re: Shit we don't have to dispute...

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Philaflava wrote:1. Kool Fash was most definitely the best out the trio.

2. Grand Puba was not missed on "In God We Trust."

3. 5Ft (Black Moon), Freaky Tah & Jarobi are some of the most insignificant members of any rap group.

Add on.

1. I don't who was the best, but nothing was better than the 3 of them together.

2. Puba would have made the album even better. More Puba = Less Jamar, and that is always a good thing.

3. Freaky Tah was insignificant, but at least he did something. Why were Pretty Lou and Spigg Nice even in the group?

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

what would we do though if we didn't argue over completely unprovable theories and inconsequential trivia?
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Philaflava wrote:

Both Jamar and Sadat held It God We Trust down nicely. Also, you're out of your fucking mind if you think Junkyard is better than Al Tariq. Contrarian.
Even though Jamar and Sadat held it down, I can't help but think how much better the album would have been with Puba. Even though they followed up One For All well, Puba was definitely missed. As for The Beatnuts, Al Tariq might be my favorite, but it's not a big enough difference for me to disagree with someone.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Philaflava wrote:

Jamar and Sadat were fine on the follow-up. Grand Puba would still have improved on it.

No, I'm not. JuJu has a smoother voice and funnier/better lyrics. I'm not alone on this.

Thirteen

Post by Thirteen »

T.R.O.Y./These forums are slowly but surely changing hip-hop itself

Thun

Post by Thun »

drizzle wrote:what would we do though if we didn't argue over completely unprovable theories and inconsequential trivia?
In film, weightlifting, or music?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

don't forget shoes and regional cuisine

Thun

Post by Thun »

drizzle wrote:don't forget shoes and regional cuisine
I don't want to contemplate such a world.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

an unexamined meme is not worth retweeting

Thun

Post by Thun »

drizzle wrote:an unexamined meme is not worth retweeting
:lol:

John Wayne couldn't even stand the reign of the tech!

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Les was BY FAR my favorite Beatnut. I dunno if I'd say he was the best but easily the most interesting and entertaining.

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

dunno, Puba's style and voice wouldnt fit too well over most of the IGWT beats imo. a little bit too dark.
i love that album as it is.

all three of the beatnuts weren't destined for soloing. they were best when compelmenting each other.
while i really like god connections i also see it as very forgettable in the big picture - it wouldve been way better with the others on boardnot only on production.

freaky tah did enough for the lost boyz to split after his death and cheeks going solo...
but probably that really was because he realized that the others did even less. still i liked him as a hypeman and theres no denying that afterwards evereything went downhill for Cheeks.

by all means neccesary is the best bdp album

strictly business is EPMDs best album

Bizz Bozak

Post by Bizz Bozak »

Jayou Ayen wrote:3. Freaky Tah was insignificant, but at least he did something. Why were Pretty Lou and Spigg Nice even in the group?
Freaky Tah was pretty great with the adlibs and 123 was dope! Always wondered if the other 2 guys made beats or what.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:dunno, Puba's style and voice wouldnt fit too well over most of the IGWT beats imo. a little bit too dark.
He ripped it on similar beats on Fat Joe "Watch the Sound" and on Strickly Roots "Begsnofriends". Plus, many of the beats on IGWT -- Love me Or Leave Me Alone, Travel Jam, Black Star Line, Steal Ya Hoe, etc. aren't exactly dark.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote: strictly business is EPMDs best album
I'm probably alone on this, but I prefer Business as Usual most days.

Thun

Post by Thun »

vermillion wrote:
You're not alone in this. J-Zone has advanced this as an "unpopular opinion." I agree with it - Business As Usual sees them perfect their style. 4th album is somewhat underrated as well.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Mindbender will never have a career in hip hop outside of

"crazy canadian fan who shows up at EVERY show!" - Drake

Mindbender will NEVER have a place in the history of hip hop, when/if people remember him it will be due to how much of a dick riding transexual he was. They will talk about the "bra photo," Drake calling him a Stan, and his horrible music. WE WILL NEVER dispute about the quality of his music, it will always remain less than garbage. If anticon is the punchline of rap music, mindbender is the joke, the absolute, the infinite of terrible music. There is no "well he really cared." The fact he "really cared" while so many others didn't give a shit and look like platinum artists comparatively? There is no dispute.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Trademark wrote:Mindbender will never have a career in hip hop outside of

"crazy canadian fan who shows up at EVERY show!" - Drake

Mindbender will NEVER have a place in the history of hip hop, when/if people remember him it will be due to how much of a dick riding transexual he was. They will talk about the "bra photo," Drake calling him a Stan, and his horrible music. WE WILL NEVER dispute about the quality of his music, it will always remain less than garbage. If anticon is the punchline of rap music, mindbender is the joke, the absolute, the infinite of terrible music. There is no "well he really cared." The fact he "really cared" while so many others didn't give a shit and look like platinum artists comparatively? There is no dispute.
Thread ain't about faggots, you.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Love how this thread went on to become a thread of disputes.

PF4L.

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Gucci Mane is wack.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Philaflava wrote: 5Ft (Black Moon), Freaky Tah & Jarobi are some of the most insignificant members of any rap group.

Add on.
Also have to include DJ Yella and Arabian Prince

Req

Post by Req »

Bizz Bozak wrote:
Jayou Ayen wrote:3. Freaky Tah was insignificant, but at least he did something. Why were Pretty Lou and Spigg Nice even in the group?
Freaky Tah was pretty great with the adlibs and 123 was dope! Always wondered if the other 2 guys made beats or what.
Spigg Nice was the DJ, no idea what Lou did other than look like a handsome devil
F.U. MOOLAH

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

vermillion wrote:
:michael jackson emoticon: YOU ARE NOT ALOOOOONE

'Business As Usual' is one of my favorite albums of all time, and is totally the best EPMD album ever made, sorry to any other opinion. "I'm Mad" is one of the illest fuckin songs. Also, where do you think I got "Rap Is Outta Control" from? :cheers:

~Eminem can only rap about like 3 subjects, but he does them on a world-class level.

~Nas is the most important ghetto griot in all of hip hop, even though he isn't perfect. (if it ain't Nasir, who's the closest one?)

~Gucci Mane IS wack (but i heard one song where he can rap half decent... the intro to his album, he was styling... but then i heard a song with him and Pharrell and... let's not talk about him anymore)

~95% of the new generation of rappers don't have what it takes to make a classic.

good night.

holy shit, Trademark, you are amazing.
Moolah, you bitchride my ego pretty fascinatingly, too.
keep up the good work, fellas
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EndsAll

Post by EndsAll »

Al Tariq's better than the other 2 by far. I do not want to hear solo joints from JuJu (I love Big ju the German, but the last few Beatnuts albums weren't "Street Level").... "God Connect" was the sh!t, stop frontin...
I'm just glad V.I.C. didn't remain the 3rd Beatnut for long whilst Cool Fash was doin a bidski.... V.I.C.'s interview on the Crate Diggin DVD alone would turn everyone off from anything he ever touched....

"IllMattic" sounds like no other Nas record. Why?
How can one go from Extra P, Preem, Pete Rock, Q Tip to f*ckin TRackmasters? I never understood that and I will never understand why this cat gets by releasing music less than his 1st release.... I stopped when "It was Written" really let me down. F*ck post "Illmattic" Nas, really.

All EpMd records were great, one way or another. Have your favorites all you want, but every album they released I'd have my personal "joints"......

Jarobi was a main reason why ATCQ existed, he didn't rap or dj, but he did provide a lifetime full of hype man styles and bugged, hobo style of dress and dance (lol).... The KCR reunion show reveals that Jarobi used to camp out at the station and answer the phones for years.....

Vinny from Naughty By Nature, Tomahawk Funk from Funk Doobie, & Sen Dawg from Cypress should never, ever, ever, ever, ever form a group......Or release solo records....

Also, what the f*ck was that really, really awful Grand Puba album where the cover design was him sitting in a Discovery LandCruise? That was/is the worst album I have ever bought!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Thun wrote:JuJu has a smoother voice and funnier/better lyrics. I'm not alone on this.
never even thought this was a question

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

[quote="EndsAll"]

"IllMattic" sounds like no other Nas record. Why?
How can one go from Extra P, Preem, Pete Rock, Q Tip to f*ckin TRackmasters? I never understood that and I will never understand why this cat gets by releasing music less than his 1st release.... I stopped when "It was Written" really let me down. F*ck post "Illmattic" Nas, really.

[quote="EndsAll"]

It Was Written is a classic. If you don't like anything nas has done post illmatic, I don't like you.

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

mos def cannot sing

badu destroyed common

badu destroyed andre

mos def cannot sing
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit