best jigga mayne post black album

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

best jigga mayne post black album

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

or

?

I'm taking kingdom come pretty easily. When I was hearing tracks leak I really thought it would be as good as black album. Didn't quite hold up to that, but tracks like 'oh my god,' 'kingdom come,' 'show me watchu got'.............. everything just blaze touched on this cd is gold. Really liked kanye's beat on do you wanna ride, that track is sequenced well too.

Dig a hole destroys dipset. bury yaself. (they put themselves in the air i just kick away the chair). Trouble is an amazing dre beat, sick verses all over. And minority report is maybe the best song about katrina. Album might be a little inconsistant, but to me it's a worthy successor to black album.

American gangster.... has some jams. I really don't like the production on some songs. The amelodic beat on 'no hook' practically ruins the song.

Blueprint 3...... I don't even hate it. I think it disappointed a lot of people, but hov's writing a new blueprint so.... good for him.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

There is what...........good songs between these 3 albums ?

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

I like Kingdom Come a lot more now than I did when it was first released. Can't say I ever throw on either of the other two now though.

step one

Post by step one »

they all suck. Kingdom Come is a mess, American Gangster is unbelieveably bland and BP3 is mainstream rap at its homosex worst.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Versive

Post by Versive »

American Gangster is the only one I enjoyed of those 3.

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

I think Kingdom Come is the best of these, and it went down hill with each release from there, but I like them all.

Thirteen

Post by Thirteen »

topic: best jigga maybe post black album

does not exist

even jay himself would admit that

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

:lock:

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

caught between Kingdom Come & American Gangster

i just feel like the misses on KC were more obvious than on AG and i remember more songs from KC but it felt like i was into American Gangster more at the time it dropped...wasnt so "im old yo" as Kingdom Come came off as

dont even remember BP3...

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

step one wrote:Kingdom Come is a mess, American Gangster is unbelieveably bland and BP3 is mainstream rap at its homosex worst.
This is basically how I feel. American Gangster got way too much praise when it dropped. Don't care enough to say which is better because none are all that good and I haven't listened to either of the 3 in awhile. Probably won't for a very long time either, if ever.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

how is it a mess? the skippable tracks are lost ones, anything, hollywood, beach chair. besides a small number of boring/cornball songs, you get a variety of great songs from bragging to sex shit to a message to his man in prison to disses to a song about katrina done with genuine feeling. over some of just's best beats, dre n kanye in top form.
1. Nas
2. Drake

step one

Post by step one »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:how is it a mess? the skippable tracks are lost ones, anything, hollywood, beach chair. besides a small number of boring/cornball songs, you get a variety of great songs from bragging to sex shit to a message to his man in prison to disses to a song about katrina done with genuine feeling. over some of just's best beats, dre n kanye in top form.
so by your own admission half the album is skippable/boring/cornball ?

theres never an occasion where it wouldnt be a better idea to listen to something else.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I guess Kingdom Come. That title track is great but honestly they're all forgettable IMO.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

I'm partial toward BP3. Was bored to tears by the other two.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

'Kingdom Come' was a mistake. 'American Gangster' by miles.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Philaflava wrote:they're all forgettable IMO.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:how is it a mess? the skippable tracks are lost ones, anything, hollywood, beach chair. besides a small number of boring/cornball songs, you get a variety of great songs from bragging to sex shit to a message to his man in prison to disses to a song about katrina done with genuine feeling. over some of just's best beats, dre n kanye in top form.
I don't think Lost Ones or Beach Chair are skippable at all.

I personally like AG the best of the 3. I really love that album and don't see how people can hate on it at all. The production is dope and it's Jay kickin what he kicks best. Roc Boys was a tremendous first single. Songs like No Hook, Say Hello, American Dreamin etc; are crazy. The last song, which is the title track, is dope as hell. The shit was Nas is crazy. The whole album is dope.

As far as KC, I just thought it was misunderstood a bit. Don't get me wrong, there are some straight up TERRIBLE songs on that album, but it does have some dope tracks.

The same can be said for BP3. It's probably misunderstood a bit, but there are some really good songs. Again though, there are some just TERRIBLE songs as well. I don't think AG has any terrible songs, as opposed to the other two having a bunch.

I.A.

Post by I.A. »

each album has a few good songs but i think theyre all trash imo

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

so how is this guy the "greatest of all time" again ?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Ya lost ones isn't that bad, I got sick of it for a while so sometimes I skip. Yo step one I said four tracks were weak not the whole album.

I can understand faulting the album for being inconsistent. I must have different criteria than you guys aka I have a skip button on my iPod...... If you never play this album then you're missing out on gems...... I would lose my will to live if I could never listen to the last verse of oh my god again......
1. Nas
2. Drake

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

There's a lot of filler on all of these (like most albums) but if you compiled the best tracks from these 3, it would be a great album.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

Show Me What You Got
30 Something
Trouble
Minority Report
Beach Chair

Hello Brooklyn 2.0
No Hook
Roc Boys
Success
Blue Magic

D.O.A.
Run This Town
On To The Next One
Already Home
Young Forever

step one

Post by step one »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:Ya lost ones isn't that bad, I got sick of it for a while so sometimes I skip. Yo step one I said four tracks were weak not the whole album.

I can understand faulting the album for being inconsistent. I must have different criteria than you guys aka I have a skip button on my iPod...... If you never play this album then you're missing out on gems...... I would lose my will to live if I could never listen to the last verse of oh my god again......
you said
the skippable tracks are lost ones, anything, hollywood, beach chair. besides a small number of boring/cornball songs,
which is about 6-7 tracks which is half the album. an album thats 50% listenable is not a good album by any standards.
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:I would lose my will to live if I could never listen to the last verse of oh my god again......
this is by far the gayest thing I have ever read on this forum ever which if you've been posting here for a while is quite a statement.

side note: AZ's freestyle over 'Show Me What Ya Got' is better than anything Jay has done since 2006.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

American Gangster was dope.

Blueprint 3 was pretty good for about a week.

Kingdom Come is one of the worst albums I've ever heard.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

American Gangster is a great album. It flows like a movie and Jay-Z sounds like who he is: a 40 year old rapper. People complaining that it wasn't "hype" are missing the point.

This track is smooth as fuck. Take Hov's listening instructions at the end and listen to this on a good system. This is what quality "grown man rap" sounds like:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kaa1N8exHmU?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kaa1N8exHmU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

step one

Post by step one »

Icesickle wrote:American Gangster is a great album. It flows like a movie and Jay-Z sounds like who he is: a 40 year old rapper. People complaining that it wasn't "hype" are missing the point.

This track is smooth as fuck. Take Hov's listening instructions at the end and listen to this on a good system. This is what quality "grown man rap" sounds like:
:arrow:
not the gayest thing I've ever read on this forum but its up there

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

the skippable tracks are lost ones, anything, hollywood, beach chair. besides a small number of boring/cornball songs,
note the period. cornball songs= those 4 i mentioned..... you guys invented the language no?

^ yeah icesickle party life is dope. american gangster has some good tracks. hello brooklyn 2.0, success, ignorant shit, blue magic etc. actually i think none of these albums are bad.

ps. that AZ freestyle is dope but not even close to the best thing AZ's done since 06.
1. Nas
2. Drake

step one

Post by step one »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
note the period. cornball songs= those 4 i mentioned..... you guys invented the language no?
4 skippable tracks + 'a small number of boring/cornball song' = half the album.

Ignorant Shit is entirely surplus to requirements being that it was old as fuck and the tagged on Sigel verse doesnt work. The fact he included a song that old on an album that was supposed to be based on/inspired by the movie proves that it was actually a load of shit flung together so he could get some free cross-promotion when the film came out.
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:ps. that AZ freestyle is dope but not even close to the best thing AZ's done since 06.
I said its was better than anything JAY Z had done since 06.

MF ZACK

Post by MF ZACK »

yeah, uhhh I like to pretend Kingdom Come just doesn't exist. American Gangster was dope, but BP3...well...D.O.A. is like the only fukwitable track (personally).

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

:lol:

But for real, American Gangsta shits on the other two. It's easily a 4 mic album IMO.