Atmosphere - Family Sign

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

sean wrote:
maclethalcuntfucker wrote:I think a lot of people downplay Slug's hood roots. Before I met him, I always heard a dude who may rap about intelligent shit, but still went to school with mostly black and latino folks, would cut a person's face if it came to it, and had pimp in his blood when it came to women.
you must be talking about a different "slug."
if dj wicked was still here he would school you.
nkbbq is dope btw. sorry i didn't reach out yet to tell you that.
Ha, word. I'd explain myself but it would distract from the point of your new album.

Thanks, hope you listened on headphones or speakers, and the order didn't get fucked up like it has for some. Was way more cathartic than expressing a current state of life/mind. Anyways, back to your LP:
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

sean wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:Sluggo got trees on stage and shit. Like legit trees.

Not human shade trees. Fuckin' trees, man.

/CSB
was 420 bro.
I was surprised at the visibility from behind the sound booth to the stage. There was no thick cloud of smoke, nor even a light fog.

For a rap show on 420, the aroma was shockingly faint. Step it up, Columbus.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

maclethalcuntfucker wrote: Anyways, I think a lot of people downplay Slug's hood roots. Before I met him, I always heard a dude who may rap about intelligent shit, but still went to school with mostly black and latino folks, would cut a person's face if it came to it, and had pimp in his blood when it came to women.

A lot of people don't understand that though. Either way, to this day Atmosphere has always been more street rap than art rap for me. Can't explain it.
I donג€™t get it. Sure, when he attempts to tough talk he exudes humor while doing it. I donג€™t think Slug wants to be mistaken as a douchey kinda of rapper. Plus he almost always over- annunciates certain words to make sure the listeners doesnג€™t disconnect. On the first listen this album left me doing a :naswtf: because of the expectations we as listeners put on artists. I thought the typical Ant sound was gone. Bars were missing on tracks. It just left me unsure. I guess thatג€™s sorta what ג€œJust For Showג€ is about, the artist growth and the listeners acceptance?

Either way, Iג€™m thoroughly enjoying this album with each listen. With the exception of two tracks I stated earlier, I am a fan of every track. Even ג€œSheג€™s Enoughג€ has become more likable despite the rather unpretentious lyrics. It does seems like wifey nagged him just enough to force him to do the track.

The writing is just as good if not better than ever before. And the storytelling is extremely entertaining too.

Solo45

Post by Solo45 »

I liked the record at first.
But honestly the more I listen to it the more I pick out of it.
Good ass record.

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Philaflava wrote:
maclethalcuntfucker wrote: Anyways, I think a lot of people downplay Slug's hood roots. Before I met him, I always heard a dude who may rap about intelligent shit, but still went to school with mostly black and latino folks, would cut a person's face if it came to it, and had pimp in his blood when it came to women.

A lot of people don't understand that though. Either way, to this day Atmosphere has always been more street rap than art rap for me. Can't explain it.
I donג€™t get it. Sure, when he attempts to tough talk he exudes humor while doing it. I donג€™t think Slug wants to be mistaken as a douchey kinda of rapper. Plus he almost always over- annunciates certain words to make sure the listeners doesnג€™t disconnect. On the first listen this album left me doing a :naswtf: because of the expectations we as listeners put on artists. I thought the typical Ant sound was gone. Bars were missing on tracks. It just left me unsure. I guess thatג€™s sorta what ג€œJust For Showג€ is about, the artist growth and the listeners acceptance?

Either way, Iג€™m thoroughly enjoying this album with each listen. With the exception of two tracks I stated earlier, I am a fan of every track. Even ג€œSheג€™s Enoughג€ has become more likable despite the rather unpretentious lyrics. It does seems like wifey nagged him just enough to force him to do the track.

The writing is just as good if not better than ever before. And the storytelling is extremely entertaining too.
?
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Became is fucking awesome. Only heard the album one time through but so far so good.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

maclethalcuntfucker wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

?

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Philaflava wrote:

ג€œSheג€™s Enoughג€ has become more likable despite the rather unpretentious lyrics. It does seems like wifey nagged him just enough to force him to do the track.

with all the metaphors jam packed in the album are you sure Shes Enough is about a lady?

zombie

Post by zombie »

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Thread is now about Bateman.

zombie

Post by zombie »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Philaflava wrote:

?
That was really two post in one. My first sentence was directed towards you, the rest was just my take on the album.

Also I don't know if "She's Enough" is about a girl or not, but it's not really that unfathomable given the simplistic approach and lyrics.

zombie

Post by zombie »

Neuro wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

ג€œSheג€™s Enoughג€ has become more likable despite the rather unpretentious lyrics. It does seems like wifey nagged him just enough to force him to do the track.

with all the metaphors jam packed in the album are you sure Shes Enough is about a lady?
are you saying shes enough is about a fleshlight

indianaJ0nes

Post by indianaJ0nes »

Philaflava wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

?
That was really two post in one. My first sentence was directed towards you, the rest was just my take on the album.

Also I don't know if "She's Enough" is about a girl or not, but it's not really that unfathomable given the simplistic approach and lyrics.
song is more funny than anything, "she wanna eat so we went to domingis; she want a ring, got me measurin tha fingazzz"

i lol everytime

as far as the shows go, i might go to the red rocks

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

sean wrote:don't be sad dids.
watch the "she's enough" video.
it'll cheer you up!

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9boD5WIUGTw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed>
Little kid has more swag than everyone on this board. Sean included.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

you said swag.

swaggot.

i'm up in your city, eating all of your sandwiches.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

sean wrote:you said swag.

swaggot.

i'm up in your city, eating all of your sandwiches.
You just mad cuz u couldn't get a puheace.

I'm finna come through. Let the bol cook yo.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

you are on the list + 1

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Finna be a party at the Factory.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

Sylissez wrote:Finna be a party at the Factory.
troof. a lot of rapper friends will be in the audience this evening.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

sean wrote:
Sylissez wrote:Finna be a party at the Factory.
troof. a lot of rapper friends will be in the audience this evening.
they still have the pool tables in the back there? i seem to recall pool tables in the back.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

i think i saw one. or maybe it was a poker table. not sure.
i don't see things well. unless it's food. i see sustenance.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

thank the jeebus bunny you see at least one. cause i really thought i'd imagined it for a while.

#drugs

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

rarely post here anymore, but just wanted to pop in and say excellent job to sean. really good music. haven't met anyone that's heard it say one negative thing.

arguments ensue about the best song (brighter days imo) but then i imagine that's about the best compliment you could get.

excellent job.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

thanks, the wiper.
i appreciate that.

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Philaflava wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

?

Phil on Phila.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Slug raps songs good.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

right on. i'm glad you made it out.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Sylissez wrote:Slug raps songs good.
More specifically... I believe Slug has the best segues, contextual crowd interaction (not just put your hands up "make your hands scissors and let's cut these puppets"), lyric switches, and he reframes the songs every tour.

Don't think I seen you phone it in once in 11 years. Props yo.

Also...Grieves is damn good live too. That guy budo played 59 instruments during the set. Hate all you want. They will be here a long time.

Blueprint has the best live show voice. He's singing now too and it's dope. He def sings in that low register that all non-singing ass rappers do but I feel like he has a really dope singing voice that is gonna get better. Not sure I wanna see him play instruments onstage but I respect the growth. New songs are raw, ima check the album.

I didn't see musab but yeah man great show.

Thanks

Good meeting you Sylissez

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

Neuro wrote:uuuuuhhhhhhhhhh

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HBfGnM1Er9g?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed>
:lol: Good luck selling the album now Sean. What are you going to do without the co-sign from this alternative hip-hop expert? Game over.