This has to stop.

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

maclethal

This has to stop.

Post by maclethal »

Look, I started listening to hip-hop (I always called it rap though) in the mid-80s. My first actual hip-hop cassette tape purchase was Rob Bass and DJ Ez Rock "It Takes 2". It's the only thing my mom would approve of, but eventually I got my hands on shit like AMG, DJ Quik, NWA, and of course Ice Cube and Ice-T. My friends Marcus and Jo Jo's mom basically let them have the pad, so all we did was finger fuck girls and listen to rap.

My ENTIRE existence as a rapper I have always felt privileged and had a full grasp on where this culture came from, that it was BLACK music, BLACK style, BLACK influence etc. The white guys a part of this had to hone serious skills, go through some tremendous, and sometimes even violent, dues paying. And really earn their badge to hold a mic. I got my ASS kicked in highschool as a white rapper in KCMO. Battles were not just cute sporty battles.

I am turning 30 in 2 months and I am still a young'n to some of my older contemporaries who paved the way, or hung out with people in my older sister's class. So while I feel I have a legitimate place in hip-hop, I also respect my elders and salute them.

That's why shit like this makes me cringe and want to quit. I am at a high-point in my career, but I want to quit when I see shit like this.

http://fckyeahwhiterappers.tumblr.com/

I'm sorry. I just can't handle it. We need to commission Freddie Foxxx to run a microphone license board. To speak tritely and as cliche as possibly, the soul of hip-hop is truly dispossessed at this point. And will be so much worse. And is so much worse than rock n roll or the blues was. This is flat-out fucking MOCKERY.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

Dap

Post by Dap »

holy fucking shit theres some gay fuckers on that site.

ROFL @ LOGGY

YOUNG STEIN? ROFL

the more pages i go through the sadder this gets.

Nav

Post by Nav »

:omgracist:
Resolved Question
Does Biggie Smalls hate HipHop???

"Shoulda been a cop, Fukc Hiphop"

I've been wondering what he meant by this.
Additional Details
Rap sucks, HipHop is better

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Naw, he likes hip hop and rap. He was just referring to if he hadn't started rapping he would've been a cop.
So he's cursing it, not that he doesn't like it, just for the sake of it.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

"If I cut my hair, I'd look like Fergie,
But I would never tinkle in my pants" - Mac Lethal

PopeyeJones

Re: This has to stop.

Post by PopeyeJones »

maclethal wrote: I am at a high-point in my career, but I want to quit when I see shit like this.

http://fckyeahwhiterappers.tumblr.com/search/mac+lethal
Edited down and relinked for non-redundancies, focus, and clarity.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

Moolah wrote:"If I cut my hair, I'd look like Fergie,
But I would never tinkle in my pants" - Mac Lethal
:lol:

damn this mac miller show looks amazing :wtf:

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Meh. There are more rappers right now than ever before, many of them will innevitably suck and some of them will also be white. Rap isn't a little niche anymore, stop whining.

I have three friends who listen to your music. These three guys also think Mac Miller is the shit as well. One actually said that the two of you are very alike and that they like rap which caters to white people and stuff they think about. You should be grateful for the expansion and inclusiveness of contemporary rap-kulcha, no one benefitted more from it than you have.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Ironically you've jumped to the defense of the ultimate wigger shitface that is Hustle Crowe when us bitter cubicle-drones was clowning on him. You even gave an obnoxious little speech about why you and him are better than everyone here because you "follow your dreams" (underhandedly suggesting all of us want to be white underground rappers). Hypocrite.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Digs Darklighter

Post by Digs Darklighter »

i always thought white guilt and the white victim were bad, but white validation is much much worse

zombie

Post by zombie »

^^^shut up nerds

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Versive

Post by Versive »

Wasn't your last post on this board something about Tyler and OF learning to "know their place."

:arrow:

Dids

Post by Dids »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Meh. There are more rappers right now than ever before, many of them will innevitably suck and some of them will also be white. Rap isn't a little niche anymore, stop whining.
Or it's more that now that anybody with a PC and a tumblr can get their shit out there, we're just aware of everybody with a record button and a lack of impulse control.

Lot's of people making music and putting it out there is fantastic. The bulk of it will be horrible, but I can't see that being a bad thing.

Bad music shouldn't make good artists want to quit, it should push them to make sure they stand out in a landscape where it's a lot easier to get equal shine.

indianaJ0nes

Post by indianaJ0nes »

:lastweek: :lastweek: :lastweek:

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

I always find it interesting how uncomfortable white rappers are when it comes to other white people either rapping or (God forbid) listening to their music.

Mac is a pretty smart dude, so he has to be aware that the majority of his fan base is the "frat rap" crowd. These are the same douches who a few years ago got into Mac Lethal, Atmosphere and Sage Francis because they "kept it real" and "didn't rap about bitches" (which, of course, they did, but that's a different argument).

What I'm saying is that Mac Lethal and Mac Miller probably share the same fans, the only difference is that Miller seems to embrace it.

Oh, but just to clarify, that tumblr is fucking both :rofl: and horrifying.

zombie

Post by zombie »

I watched that Jake Miller video. LOL

I don't know. I don't really give a shit if these people like singing and making videos in their mansions. Let them be them.

Would you rather they be fake and talk about shit they don't do and film their videos in the barrios?

Rap is no longer exclusive to anybody anymore, and it's been that way for a while.

Just ignore it and laugh at them whenever you get the chance.

Hahaha white people.

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Versive wrote:Wasn't your last post on this board something about Tyler and OF learning to "know their place."

:arrow:
No.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Oh my god, a Tumblr about white rappers!

What was the point of this thread?

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

This white on white hate is what has to stop.

nobs

Post by nobs »

i just watched this Jake Miller video.

i threw up in my mouth. one set of nice titties in the video though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxz2kxYK ... ded#at=189

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I'd just like to say Admiral Crumple is appalled by this thread.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MsrfIAaf0Uo?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MsrfIAaf0Uo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Solo45

Post by Solo45 »

Site looks like a joke.

On a related note. The promo stickers you had kind of put you in the same league to me.
"Im A Rapper... But I Dont Really Like Rap
Mac Lethal 11:11 In Stores Now"
Considering the person I know with this sticker on their wall is also now a fan of Mac Miller... I can't help but :lol:

Solo45

Post by Solo45 »

nobs wrote:i just watched this Jake Miller video.

i threw up in my mouth. one set of nice titties in the video though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxz2kxYK ... ded#at=189
Trust Fund Rap?

Im sure the couple hundred JMT clones are wishing they copped cars instead of Kool G Rap / Sean Price features with their parents cash.

DJ Primate

Post by DJ Primate »

Solo45 wrote:Site looks like a joke.

On a related note. The promo stickers you had kind of put you in the same league to me.
Considering the person I know with this sticker on their wall is also now a fan of Mac Miller... I can't help but :lol:
I have this sticker. I drew all over it. It looks better now.

nobs

Post by nobs »

upon further inspection this site ISN'T a joke. because i was going to recommend this until i realized they might actually embrace it. i went to school with these kids and they are fucking herbs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6nMoz0L ... r_embedded

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

nobs wrote:upon further inspection this site ISN'T a joke. because i was going to recommend this until i realized they might actually embrace it. i went to school with these kids and they are fucking herbs...

What the fuck was that??? Is this what people are actually listening to?

I mean, like, this ain't some Lonely Island shit?

What the fuck!

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Solo45 wrote:Site looks like a joke.

I really disliked that promotion. Tongue-in-cheek or not it was in poor taste, and borderline :omgracist: . Commented on it here a couple times.

Mac, you have benefited from greater opportunities and push than most indie rappers, white or black, enjoy it dude. Life's too short.

Solo45

Post by Solo45 »

nobs wrote:upon further inspection this site ISN'T a joke. because i was going to recommend this until i realized they might actually embrace it. i went to school with these kids and they are fucking herbs...

hip hop needs violence back in the mix or something. shit got too safe when a white kid could rock curls in his video and a pussy can stunt in daddys car with extras from that "Friday" video in the mix.

golf wang.

nobs

Post by nobs »

Sylissez wrote:

What the fuck was that??? Is this what people are actually listening to?

I mean, like, this ain't some Lonely Island shit?

What the fuck!
Lonely Island is light years better than this.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

zombie wrote: Rap is no longer exclusive to anybody anymore, and it's been that way for a while.
As long as I live, there will be segregation in my musical preferences.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.