Kareem ג€œBiggsג€ Burke Pleads Guilty To Drug Charges

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Escobar305

Kareem ג€œBiggsג€ Burke Pleads Guilty To Drug Charges

Post by Escobar305 »

North Bergen rap mogul Kareem ג€œBiggsג€ Burke pleaded guilty Thursday to federal drug charges, admitting he plotted to sell more than 100 kilograms of marijuana.

Burke, 38, a co-founder of Roc-A-Fella Records, which launched the career of the superstar rapper Jay-Z, admitted his guilt before U.S. District Judge Laura Taylor Swain in Manhattan.

Burke pleaded guilty to a single count of conspiracy to distribute, and to possess with intent to distribute, more than 100 kilograms of marijuana, in connection with his participation in a massive pot trafficking ring. As a result of the plea, he faces a mandatory minimum sentence of five years and up to 40 years in prison when he is sentenced May 18.

Under his plea agreement, Burke is also required to forfeit $660,000, his residence, $15,000 in cash that was seized from his home when he was arrested last year, and his 2010 BMW.

Burke was among more than 50 people who were arrested in late 2010 for their alleged membership in three separate but interconnected marijuana trafficking cells that distributed drugs from South Florida to New York. Leaders of the cells depended on each other, and on the same transportation network, to supply customers in New Jersey and New York, authorities said.

The 18-month investigation, dubbed ג€œOperation Green Venom,ג€ was conducted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcementג€™s Homeland Security Investigations directorate and the Drug Enforcement Administration, with assistance from police agencies in New Jersey, New York, Florida, Maryland and North Carolina.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/excl ... EFAWLITOiN

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Where is Jay-Z as this happens? :naswtf:

So Dame Dash goes thru hard times and Hov is gone, and now Biggs too? :bunk:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

It was all good just a week ago

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

Jayz can't be messing with you if you're still trying to move weight in 2k12

step one

Post by step one »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:Where is Jay-Z as this happens? :naswtf:

Whats it got to do with jay z? They stopped working together years ago. These dudes are adults and are responsible for themselves. If i get arrested tonight im not expecting someone i havent rolled with in 8 years to come get me.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Piff Tannen wrote:Jayz can't be messing with you if you're still trying to move weight in 2k12
Yep. Kinda have a feeling Jay saw that shit and was like "ok, I'm good".
step one wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:Where is Jay-Z as this happens? :naswtf:

Whats it got to do with jay z? They stopped working together years ago. These dudes are adults and are responsible for themselves. If i get arrested tonight im not expecting someone i havent rolled with in 8 years to come get me.
Well, the only thing I can think of is over the years is how they were able to operate for so long thru Jay-Z's career and what kind of knowledge Jay, Dame, and etc. who was affiliated with Biggs like that. Even though they stopped working together, that doesn't mean Jay didn't know what was up and dipped.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

Yeah true, but you do that shit to get out of the hood, if you started rocafella with jay and dame and didn't learn anything about legitimate business, that's on you

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Piff Tannen wrote:Yeah true, but you do that shit to get out of the hood, if you started rocafella with jay and dame and didn't learn anything about legitimate business, that's on you
Yeah thats why I think thats why Jay and Dame kept their distance. They saw that fool was hot and stayed away.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

Exactly

'yo Biggs, you goin with us to the Grammys?'

'nah dog, I got these bricks to break down. Gotta get this money in the skreets.'

'o word. Peace nigga'

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

rocafella records was started off drug money

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Wait.. Dame Dash went through hard times?

Saw that guy in October with a Bentley, a driver, and a model on each arm outside a club in Brooklyn. A year before that I was at a Fader party at some art gallery in Tribeca that he apparently owned and lived above. He came down to watch Arab Muzik or whatever play a set in the basement.

Hard times my ass.

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

Dumb.This dude already had milllions.

myself

Post by myself »

Well, I am glad Homeland Security is keeping me safe from these terrorists, at least.

Versive

Post by Versive »

myself wrote:Well, I am glad Homeland Security is keeping me safe from these terrorists, at least.
This.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

Escobar305 wrote:rocafella records was started off drug money
we all know that, we're saying it shouldn't still have anything to do with drug money 15 years later

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Stoned Starks wrote:Wait.. Dame Dash went through hard times?

Saw that guy in October with a Bentley, a driver, and a model on each arm outside a club in Brooklyn. A year before that I was at a Fader party at some art gallery in Tribeca that he apparently owned and lived above. He came down to watch Arab Muzik or whatever play a set in the basement.

Hard times my ass.
Dame DID go thru hard times. Tax man audited hi
I think, he lost DDMG music label, he got divorced, he lost his Pro-Keds licensing deal... Dame tasted some hard knock life in his post-Jay-Z existence. The press kept reporting how he looked like he was ballin going ham, but reality wasn't what it looked like.

He ain't broke but he ain't Vol. 2 level no more.

And I say that to say: why the fuck does Biggs have to resort to selling drugs again? You would think that however Rocafella as a three-headed partnership had ended, they would have worked out something that took care of this. :naswtf: :kanyeshrug:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

niggas just dont learn sometimes

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Stoned Starks wrote:Wait.. Dame Dash went through hard times?

Hard times my ass.
Dame DID go thru hard times. Tax man audited hi
I think, he lost DDMG music label, he got divorced, he lost his Pro-Keds licensing deal... Dame tasted some hard knock life in his post-Jay-Z existence. The press kept reporting how he looked like he was ballin going ham, but reality wasn't what it looked like.

He ain't broke but he ain't Vol. 2 level no more.
We need a :combo7: emoticon.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

A Kid wrote:It was all good just a week ago
:lol:

Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

mandatory minimum of five years...for fuckin pot.

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:

And I say that to say: why the fuck does Biggs have to resort to selling drugs again? You would think that however Rocafella as a three-headed partnership had ended, they would have worked out something that took care of this. :naswtf: :kanyeshrug:
Uh, they did work something out.

Jay-Z bought Biggs and Dame out of Rocafella for like $75 million. As said many times to you in this thread: 40 year old multimillionaires shouldn't need Jay-Z to coddle them and rub their bellies every time they have a problem.

The financial ruin both of them ended up immersing themselves in is honestly a testament to why Jay split from them.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

step one

Post by step one »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:Dame DID go thru hard times. Tax man audited him
Getting hit with a tax bill for a load of shit you should've paid in the first place doesnt qualify as 'hard times'. Its just a result of greed and/or stupidity.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

step one wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:Dame DID go thru hard times. Tax man audited him
Getting hit with a tax bill for a load of shit you should've paid in the first place doesnt qualify as 'hard times'. Its just a result of greed and/or stupidity.
This

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

I am not exactly sure why people seem to assume that he must have been broke to be doing this.

Don't most people sitting at the top of a major trafficking organization have "enough" money to quit.

I think that at that point, it's rarely about some concrete sum of money that is yet to be reached.
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

regardless, it was dumb as shit, thats something we can all agree on

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Piff Tannen wrote:regardless, it was dumb as shit, thats something we can all agree on
when keeping it real goes wrong: the Rocafella to Rikers Retirement Edition

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

perabigail wrote:
A Kid wrote:It was all good just a week ago
:lol:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

LOL @ someone about to sell 100 kilos of trees being broke.. and who measures trees in kilos?

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

I knew it.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

The Frankest wrote:I knew it.
then why didn't you warn him?! :killacam: