Raekwon, Ghostface and Mindbender rocking mics

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Raekwon, Ghostface and Mindbender rocking mics

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

yo dawg, i just want to share this wonderful moment with everyone so I posted it where most people can see so i stuck it in M2C, please let it chill

last night was beyond phenomenal.
NXNE was on, and it was cool. saw Kembe X from Chicago, chilled with the homie (don't sleep)
then saw Action Bronson at Dundas Square (meh, he was alright)
then saw Killer Mike DESTROY SHIT (he was fucking :ohsh: )
then came :bow: Raekwon and Ghostface :bow:

first, DJ ~Scratch Bastid :ohcanada: ~ comes out on stage and sets up his decks :ohsh: (instantly guaranteeing a classic show was going down... and it sure did.)
After playing the intro from Cuban Linx *already dead* they went IN on soooo many classics, like "Incarcerated Scarfaces", "Criminology", "Ice Cream", "Be Easy", "Glaciers of Ice", "Ice Water", "Mystery of Chessboxin", "Fish", "Surgical Gloves", "I Can't Go To Sleep", "Verbal Intercourse" (but they only performed Nas's verse, LOL), "Mighty Healthy", "Eye for an Eye" :ohsh: , "Nutmeg", "Apollo Kids", and "4th Chamber"... which was absolute fucking bananas insanity, without question. Then they brought out JD Era for a few songs, which he rocked properly. Then...

"We're going to pick 2 members of the audience to come up on stage and perform Method Man's verse and ODB's verse off 'Protect Ya Neck'." says Raekwon.

I'm like :spidey: :killacam: :ignore: "that would be fun..." so I started making my way up front. Then a RUSH of Def Jam proportions grabbed me from behind, a gang of random people were like "Mindbender! Mindbender!", chanting my name and literally forcing me thru the crowd onto the stage. Ghostface pointed at me and said "yeah, bring that n!gga on stage! Let him up!" But my shirt was off cause I was rocking so hard through the concert, and I had to put it on. So I turned slightly to put my shirt on before I went onstage, but the security guard didn't see Ghostface point me out. Chaos is born.

I'm literally like :ardy:

...a mob in the crowd pushing me from behind to go on stage, and security guards in front pushing me BACK into the crowd, saying "you can't go on! you're not who he was talking to!" In my head, I was like "I'm pretty fucking sure Ghost was pointing at me, son... and if you make me lose this opportunity to bless the mic with the gods, a fatal flying guillotine gon' chop off yo' fuckin head!" :nut:

I stayed relatively calm, but literally trapped in rugby scrum of madness... then I was like "YO, let me on stage! Ghost was pointing at me!" And the guard let the will of Allah do its magic. You can see Rae and Ghost surveying the ruckus before I go up on stage here... AND PERFORM OLD DIRTY BASTARD'S LYRICS TO 'PROTECT YA NECK':

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eSqOQl7WE2w?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eSqOQl7WE2w?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

the first minute is the chaos of me trying to get on stage, and you can hear the crowd shit. then the shit hits the fan

basically, I truly felt somewhat possessed by ODB in that moment. Right before it happened, I literally thought "oh my god, what if i fuck up and forget the lyrics to a song i've sung ten million times in the ONE moment in life it actually means the most? fuuuuuck me" (that's what i was thinking as i walked in a circle, rapping "cmon baby baby, cmoooon") but then... I just cleared my mind, and let my fucking :wutang: -heart take over.

:bow: :rockout:

here's a short version with some better sound, especially for "code red: DANGER!", but it misses my epic air guitar move that i bust when Rae says "I makes more noise than heavy metal" :ironmike:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJry3jsPuqU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJry3jsPuqU?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

still... it's been 24 hours, and i still can't believe it's a memory.
been getting lots of love from my Toronto peoples for this
there was between 8,000 and 11,000 people there, and it was quite fucking amazing.
and that's my little brother Ason Unique, ODB's son that i bring out at the end there, we always get together at :wutang: concerts, he was on stage at Rebel INS with me a few weeks ago too :bow:
but yeah... so I got to rock ODB's verse from 'Protect Ya Neck' with Raekwon and Ghostface last night.

there's a lot of it i can't quite recall as a memory, especially as i was performing... i swear my mind was purely hollow. i don't remember pointing at Rae when i said "shame on a nuh!" and i don't remember hearing the part where Ghostface says "they so hype, they flying past the music and shit!" HA HA HA, my life has been blessed with an infamous :sherlock: non-sequitur. Suuuuuuuuuuu :rockout:

oh yeah, the show kept going, and I barely remember what else happened because shit was so surreal. But I do remember they rocked a bunch more songs, such as Ason performing 'Shimmy Shimmy Ya', R.A.G.U. performing ALL of 'Triumph' until 'Rod Strickland' rocking every single fucking verse, all the way to Ghost and Rae's last two verse, singing 'What's Going On' (and Raekwon even taking a few minutes to stop and talk some street wisdom and knowledge god peace towards the gang members and the victims of the Eaton Center shooting that just happened across the street a week earlier. Then Scratch Bastid played 'What's Going On' by Marvin Gaye {a fucked up song to play on Father's Day :( truth be told :P} and everyone sung along. Shit was AMAZING), Also, they performed 'Daytona 500', and Ghost ended it all by spitting a few bars from 'One'.

but yeah, there's not much more I can say about it, except it was definitely a beautiful day in hip hop heaven. thank you for reading if you did. if not, it's still

:wutang: FOREVER
MOTHERFUCKERS!

http://exclaim.ca/Reviews/Nxne/raekwon_ ... on_june_17

http://www.nowtoronto.com/daily/music/s ... ent=187337

a toast, to dreams coming true :cheers:

i took this shot after performing.

and of course, this picture is just always awesome to enjoy. like life. SUUUU

Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dubs

Post by dubs »

word.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

:cheers:

That's fuckin' ill, man.

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

that's dope..
wasn't ghostface banned from canada until just recently?
illegal mind shoe lace

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

EichTurner wrote:that's dope..
wasn't ghostface banned from canada until just recently?
he was banned for 15 years (and Inspectah Deck said it was his first Canadian show in 15 years as well when he came). Ghostface Killah did his first show in Toronto at the Sound Academy (where the Young Jeezy shooting, GZA, Talib Kweli, etc. happened) about 2 months ago.

Ironically, I was up in the front row wylin the fuck out as usual, and they called 2 people up on stage to do 'Protect Ya Neck' there too, at Ghost's last show. A similar thing happened, and some heads in the crowd were screaming my name, but i wasn't in Ghost's line of vision, so he picked some other dudes.
I saw him backstage and we talked for a while, but at the end, i said to him "brother, next time you do that song in Toronto, I'd love to rock that shit with y'all. I would kill it." and he replied like "yeah, huh" just neutral, but he heard me out.

I didn't think they would do it again last night, to be honest. I forgot about missing my chance last time at Ghost's first show. But apparently it was meant to be. I don't know if Ghostface remembered me from last time he was in T.O., but he definitely was the god that created a space for me on stage last night to rep :wutang:

:cheers:

peace to :phila:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

^^ :lol: that would be funny if he remembered that.. yeah raekwon gives canada tons of love.. sounds like an extra ill show..
illegal mind shoe lace

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

this is fucking rad
we would all enjoy doing this
nh at we would all enjoy doing this
happy for u bro bro

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Re: Raekwon, Ghostface and Mindbender rocking mics

Post by Moolah »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:here's a short version with some better sound, especially for "code red: DANGER!", but it misses my epic air guitar move that i bust when Rae says "I makes more noise than heavy metal" :ironmike:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJry3jsPuqU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJry3jsPuqU?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

pretty fucking hip hop ... it's even more exciting knowing that you are you so the experience is not wasted on some lifeless opaque person who doesn't understand the nuances of life

you have joined the ranks of hip hop immortality
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

As much as you motherfucks like to bash Mindbender for posting here most of you would piss yourselves if you ever got this opportunity.

Peace to MB.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Kalel wrote:As much as you motherfucks like to bash Mindbender for posting here most of you would piss yourselves if you ever got this opportunity.

Peace to MB.
OK but what does that have to do with anything?

I don't think M2C should be a venue for people to talk about themselves. Especially not if the poster in question have multiple threads specifically designated for him to talk about himself. But it's up to the mods to make the right decision.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

nice one bender :cheers:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

bender is just living the dream.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Philaflava wrote:bender is just living the dream.
Pretty much, props to him.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

cool :wutang:
Last edited by Stieflkater on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

:ghostface:

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

:cheers: good shit, Mindbender! I like that strictly '89-style dance you're rocking at the beginning too. :ghostface:

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Sounds like fun MB. Congrats. You win more than Charlie Sheen.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

SMH.

Only in a country as soft as Canada could Ghostface's first performance for 15 years get bumrushed by an overexcited male groupie in an unbuttoned dress shirt and high-waisted jeans grabbing at the mic and not end up with showers of bottles raining down on the stage.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

that shit was dope mb

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Nice work Bender :wutang:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

why kalel gotta say all that?

Dap

Post by Dap »

""yeah, bring that n!gga on stage! Let him up!" But my shirt was off cause I was rocking so hard through the concert, and I had to put it on. "

fuckin LOLed at that

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

congrats bender, let the couple of haters hate...

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Word.. This is dope kid.

Rae and Ghost are pretty much the best shit ever and they always put on a dope show. Even last year in Brooklyn Rae was dolo and he just went in for like an hour and 20 mins.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i would have asked if the clan secretly scoffs at U God.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

thekeentwo wrote:this is fucking rad
we would all enjoy doing this
nh at we would all enjoy doing this
happy for u bro bro
i think keentwo and employee are both fantastic!

:bow:
ALASKA wrote:that shit was dope mb
thanks fam-o, you always been one of the bros that inspired me to go for the gold

peace to Alaska
Reggie wrote::cheers: good shit, Mindbender! I like that strictly '89-style dance you're rocking at the beginning too. :ghostface:
:rofl: :cheers:

gots to.
CRASH DDZ wrote:Sounds like fun MB. Congrats. You win more than Charlie Sheen.
:dog: :bunny: :ugod:

yeah, Charlie Sheen needs to roll with YOTMB for a week, we could compare notes :gyeah:
Dap wrote:""yeah, bring that n!gga on stage! Let him up!" But my shirt was off cause I was rocking so hard through the concert, and I had to put it on. "

fuckin LOLed at that
ha ha, yeah. i was covered in s :wutang: eat and happiness

CYYYYYYSED
Hair of the Dog wrote:congrats bender, let the couple of haters hate...
:rofl: I will.
if this happened for anyone else, i'd be just as happy for them. don't hate, congradulate
i've seen Wu members many, many times and never got to rock with any of the original 9 (performing 'Shimmy Shimmy Ya' with Killah Priest a few times is wonderful though)
I'm just eternally glad my turn came and I did ODB's son proud :bow:
thank you my friends (and enemies)

SUUUUUU

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

on stage angle

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBmZBxXtFmY?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBmZBxXtFmY?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

ha ha, me rocking "I Can't Go To Sleep" with my shirt off

http://vimeo.com/44277106

:epic: :wutang: moment

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

this
Myjah wrote:I went to this Soundset last weekend, which was a blast. I was literally front row, on the railing for Ghostface Killah and Reakwon. They finally said they wanted a girl to com up and do meth/odb's oart in protect ya neck, and looked right at me. Thankfully, there is no way in hell I'd get on stage a butcher odb in front of 20,000 people.

Anyway. Next time I see em ask if I can go UGod's part.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

mindbender making rae look uncomfortable

Rob Sonic

Post by Rob Sonic »

Fucking Awesome
NICE CAT!