if these rappers were in the UFC who would win?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

freddie foxx
67%
treach
2%
wc
2%
ll cool j
3%
willie d
17%
melle mel
2%
50 cent
2%
busta rhymes
2%
rza
3%

Total votes: 58

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

assuming the UFC only consisted of these guys.

Versive

Re: if these rappers were in the UFC who would win?

Post by Versive »

whoever's gayest!

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Are we talking in their prime or the current 47 - 62 year old versions of the rappers you selected?
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

in their prime i guess

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Melle Mel

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Philaflava wrote:in their prime i guess

I'm going Foxxx then. All these guys obviously hit the gym, but if we're talking physical altercation, his reputation precedes him.

Sneaky pick might be RZA, could be the Royce Gracie of the bunch on the low.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Well no way its Melle Mel cos the footage of him being knocked out by Willie D in that early 90s rapper boxing tournament finally surfaced recently and it was a massacre. Besides, Ive heard a few UFC dudes say 'roids end up being a detriment so that rules out him and Busta.

I went with Willie but Im thinking I shouldve gone with Freddie. No one raps about beating people up that much without being tested a few times.

I know LL and RZA had kung fu lessons but are WC and Treach known for their fighting ability?

dubs

Post by dubs »

bumpy knuxx
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Wilie D has pro boxing experience. Went with him.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Foxxx or Willie D. Went with Foxxx cause I've seen him in person and I don't think he'd feel it if a truck ran into him at 80 MPH.
Last edited by Blockhead on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Cats are sleeping on

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Blockhead wrote:Foxxx or Willie D. Went with Foxxx cause I've seen him in person and I don't think he'd feel it if a truck ran into him at 80 MPH.
UFC :smugkid: mode activated: You shouldn't really judge a fighters ability based on physique. Case in point, Kimbo Slice being repeatedly made a bitch in MMA.

Willie D has boxing experience and more importantly knows what it's like to train hard. Teach him some basic takedown defence and ground game and he's got the best shot.

:smugkid:

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

^True, but Foxxx is also notorious for knocking people out. I mean, they don't call him "Bumpy Knuckles" for nothing. His size advantage on Willie D would be kinda crazy. Like 80 pounds.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Fredrick.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Freddie the Foxxx. LL might get his opponents scared due to his rampant sexuality - remember that Jamie Fox stand up bit on him?
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

Willie d.. easily ihmo

Rumor is that its mandated that if your on rap-a-lot you will train in princes gym...

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Someone on here posted that they were at a show and Freddie Foxxx smacked Fame from M.O.P, or something. Was that true? I lead a sad enough life to remember that about once a year.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Freddie Foxx being able to knock people out doesn't really come into play when facing someone who has actual training behind them. KO artists win about 10% of the time in MMA. If they don't knock you out in the first 2-3 minutes of the fight and you grind against em (nh x 1000000), and weaken their legs, their KO power is gone and they're forced to roll with you.

If Willie D has professional boxing experience, and could be taught how to do some basic submissions (arm bar, triangle, arm-triangle, maybe an Americana or Kimura or something for fun, etc.) he'd win. Assuming Freddie Foxx is all streetfighting and haymakers. If he has actual training, then it's a different story. Most of these dudes would get ragdolled against a real fighter, though.

Anyone with kung fu experience loses on general principle for thinking that shit works in a real live fight.

It's also sad to see so many people on here assume that a dude with a giant, muscular physique can actually fight. Punches come from torque, leg and twist power, not arms and chest muscles. Melle Mel would lose to a local amateur female BJJ white belt. Lmao. Get in the gym, fellas, get in the gym.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Moolah wrote:
Blockhead wrote:Foxxx or Willie D. Went with Foxxx cause I've seen him in person and I don't think he'd feel it if a truck ran into him at 80 MPH.
UFC :smugkid: mode activated: You shouldn't really judge a fighters ability based on physique. Case in point, Kimbo Slice being repeatedly made a bitch in MMA.

Willie D has boxing experience and more importantly knows what it's like to train hard. Teach him some basic takedown defence and ground game and he's got the best shot.

:smugkid:
Should've just quoted this post, didn't see it. But this, 100%.

The guys that train at my gym that look like Kimbo Slice, who walked around jacked, picking street fights before coming to train, allllllways get tapped by the Nick Diaz looking dudes who don't say shit.

Training and cardio >>>>> muscles, beating up NYC goons with no training.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

thread,
moved by duck muscles