Artists You Love That People Passionately Hate

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

maclethal

Re: Artists You Love That People Passionately Hate

Post by maclethal »

Waka Flocka Flame
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Julius Seizure wrote:why? - not a good rapper, obviously an acquired taste, but has a weird knack for writing beautiful, simple, melancholic pop melodies. has made better music than doseone, even though it used to seem like he was riding dose's coattails. reaching quiet was surprisingly one of my favorite live music experiences, and i have seen all kind of shit over the years.
interesting pick. i agree that reaching quiet was really good and didn't get the praise it should've gotten. don't think he's made better music than dose but within that scene, it was underrated.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Julius Seizure wrote:phife - the disrespect he gets from some of :phila: 's ethno-musicologists is misguided imo. it's as if he doesn't have hundreds of lyrics that are permanently seared into all of our brains. his shit was light, whimsical - the perfect counterpart to tip. sure, some of it felt corny at the time, some of it has not aged well, but his work on the tribe albums is forever worthy of respect.
:leon:

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

Myka9 thinks he was abducted by space aliens so I would take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Also, I hate Waka Flaka Flame and every dubstep dj ever.
"You gonna let a cheeseburger do that?" Yeah, I like to instigate

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Common is apparently the only one who fits this but then again, that's only in the PF universe because outside of here, I don't see him as loathed by others.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

common is loathed by heteros
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I remember talking to an old associate of mine from college about how much he hated Aceyalone. Even went to go as far to say he'd battle him and he was better. It made me :lol: considering how :meh: he was rapping at the time. And how little time he put into the work in comparison. There were a few other people who told me they couldn't fuck with him either but they never acted like that about it.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

ardamus wrote:I remember talking to an old associate of mine from college about how much he hated Aceyalone. Even went to go as far to say he'd battle him and he was better. It made me :lol: considering how :meh: he was rapping at the time. And how little time he put into the work in comparison. There were a few other people who told me they couldn't fuck with him either but they never acted like that about it.
Personally, I agree with your old associate. But I never dug any of the Freestyle Fellowship.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

"Love" may be a bit too strong, but I genuinely feel Copywrite is unfairly shitted on @ the :phila:

Sure he's a punchline rapper yadda, yah, but he was pretty dope at being that. He had a damn good run from the MHz shit til The High Exhaulted.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Cash Rulz wrote:
ardamus wrote:I remember talking to an old associate of mine from college about how much he hated Aceyalone. Even went to go as far to say he'd battle him and he was better. It made me :lol: considering how :meh: he was rapping at the time. And how little time he put into the work in comparison. There were a few other people who told me they couldn't fuck with him either but they never acted like that about it.
Personally, I agree with your old associate. But I never dug any of the Freestyle Fellowship.
You're from the east coast so a lot of people from there I've met that have heard of Aceyalone always felt the same. A few people from the west and other places, too, but not as much as people from the east.

Post by 907 »

The Afronaut wrote:"Love" may be a bit too strong, but I genuinely feel Copywrite is unfairly shitted on @ the :phila:

Sure he's a punchline rapper yadda, yah, but he was pretty dope at being that. He had a damn good run from the MHz shit til The High Exhaulted.
Totally agree, thought about adding him but like you said, I don't "love" his shit, but I do think he gets unfairly shitted on.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

That's a pretty cool Qwel story.

TheTed

Post by TheTed »

Julius Seizure wrote:don't think he's made better music than dose but within that scene, it was underrated.
I think Alopecia is as good as anything dose has put out either on his own or with Subtle/ 13&God/ Themselves

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Cash Rulz wrote:
people talk so much shit about Acey... but uh, who actually made some kind of history? :killacam:

"you don't gotta like it, RESPECT IT" :bow: :cas:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Yeah, uhhhh, respect what????

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

MC Homeless wrote:
That's a pretty cool Qwel story.
:omar: explain.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

why? are great. they def do not make rap music tho

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

ackbar wrote:why? are great. they def do not make rap music tho
thread title: ARTISTS You Love That People Passionately Hate

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

MC Homeless wrote:Myka9 thinks he was abducted by space aliens so I would take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Also, I hate Waka Flaka Flame and every dubstep dj ever.
Whoops, read the thread title backwards. :copy:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Cash Rulz wrote:Yeah, uhhhh, respect what????
the fact that Aceyalone was a standout member of one of the greatest rhyming quartets of all-time. OF ALL-TIME!!!
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

:spidey: :ohsh:
MC Homeless wrote:
MC Homeless wrote:Myka9 thinks he was abducted by space aliens so...
...I LOVE HIS MUSIC EVEN MORE NOW AND FUCKING :bow: TO THE ASTRAL GOD MYKA

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:Yeah, uhhhh, respect what????
the fact that Aceyalone was a standout member of one of the greatest rhyming quartets of all-time. OF ALL-TIME!!!

No nigga.

GentleJonesReturns

Post by GentleJonesReturns »

this one track alone is enough to justify anyone claiming acey as a favorite

dude just murders beats i wouldn't battle him

thatkidnero

Post by thatkidnero »

GentleJonesReturns wrote:this one track alone is enough to justify anyone claiming acey as a favorite

Haha. Good lord, what fucking year is that from?

Also, I think Petey Pablo is the shit. Which kinda feels like a sentence I created.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

i wouldn't go so far as to call him an "artist" per say...but i got love for the based god.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

nacho picasso : i mean it seems to me nobody give a fuck about him not think that people hate him but...... he isnt so all over the place like he should be.... he is very dope anyone agree?

Boothe

Post by Boothe »

Don't know if passionate hate applies, but people are usually dumbfounded by my appreciation of...

The Mighty Ha.

GentleJonesReturns

Post by GentleJonesReturns »

hellriser wrote:nacho picasso : i mean it seems to me nobody give a fuck about him not think that people hate him but...... he isnt so all over the place like he should be.... he is very dope anyone agree?
he got some tracks i fuck with he is funny and beats by bsbd woooo

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

siLLy KiD wrote:i wouldn't go so far as to call him an "artist" per say...but i got love for the based god.
he does lots of weird and questionable things. and if there are any places in the world with the most weird and questionable things known to mankind,
they'll be found in an art gallery.

based god is truly an arteest.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Boothe wrote:Don't know if passionate hate applies, but people are usually dumbfounded by my appreciation of...

The Mighty Ha.
Da Dirty 30 album was my shit. Wish they got to do more.