Korg ES-1 & sampling in general

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

gabeosx

Korg ES-1 & sampling in general

Post by gabeosx »

Does anyone have a Korg Electribe ES-1 sampler? What do you think of it? Any tips or good tutorials you've found? Any advice to offer? I just picked one up on eBay and waiting for it to arrive. The only things I've been able to find online are the manual and the quickstart guide

Any tips on sampling in general? Any guides you can point me to?

Digital Fiend

Post by Digital Fiend »

Cool the es-1 is easy to use,as are the whole line of electribes :),you should have no problem learning it quickly :),they are very user friendly,as for advice on sampling.Hmmm i guess all i can say is Use Your Imagination :) :)..and you will surprise yourself :)..and if you have alot of time try doing your works in Step recording using the sequencer option,it makes for more tightness :)

M:akai

Post by M:akai »

you must be really happy ^

Digital Fiend

Post by Digital Fiend »

i would be too if i got a new piece of equipment :)..god its been a while

gabeosx

Post by gabeosx »

What do you guys use to slice your samples? The ES-1 has a built in slicer, but there's no LCD to show you whats happening, so I think I might want to do it on my computer.

I'm playing around with ReCycle and it seems really easy... enter the BPM, enter the # of bars, choose the start, and it can cut it out.

So basically, I put that on the memory card, set the sampler to the same BPM, slice it so it goes into each pad, and all is well?

Digital Fiend

Post by Digital Fiend »

gabeosx wrote:What do you guys use to slice your samples? The ES-1 has a built in slicer, but there's no LCD to show you whats happening, so I think I might want to do it on my computer.

I'm playing around with ReCycle and it seems really easy... enter the BPM, enter the # of bars, choose the start, and it can cut it out.

So basically, I put that on the memory card, set the sampler to the same BPM, slice it so it goes into each pad, and all is well?
Or what you could do,and this is what i used to do,You can play your track on a program like AcidPro (or which ever you use),and drag your beat and melody down on one track of the program,THEN,hit record on the Program and throw your samples in REAL TIME,that will make a separate track,But it will be on beat,then you can fuck with it from there,or keep doing that in separate tracks on your program,You can just go in your PC from your Mixer or even better yet your ES-1...the possibilities are endless dude :).i hope you understood this :)..it is kinda hard to type it out to explain,at least it is for ME