Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

The Source

Saukrates, Kardinal, Marvel, F.O.S (Live) @ Rap City 1995

Post by The Source »

Saukrates, Kardinal, Marvel, F.O.S (Live) @ Rap City 1995

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q6iy7nE-Qgo

K-Funk

Post by K-Funk »

ayo , is that F.O.S. that released that maxisingle tape & vinyl called "Big black boots" ???

The Source

Post by The Source »

Nah man....

FOS was a crew of rappers from Toronto in the 90's.
It stands for Figures of Speech I beleive.

If you're up on Tdot hip hop, Marvel was the most famed one to come out of the clik as far as a I know.

Anyways peep my Youtube videos. Got a ton of vintage shit I've been ripping from my old vhs tapes.
Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?u ... nsDeep&p=r

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

The Source wrote:Nah man....

If you're up on Tdot hip hop, Marvel was the most famed one to come out of the clik as far as a I know.

Anyways peep my Youtube videos. Got a ton of vintage shit I've been ripping from my old vhs tapes.
Cheers

lord have mercy... IF ONLY Marvel was the most famed one out of the group. Maybe the most lyrical, but he got the least fame. Sauks and Kardi got way more money power and respect :sad:

good lookin out, this is frrrrrrrrrrresh
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Source

Post by The Source »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:

Cheers

lord have mercy... IF ONLY Marvel was the most famed one out of the group. Maybe the most lyrical, but he got the least fame. Sauks and Kardi got way more money power and respect :sad:

Yea eh?

I always thought Sauks and Kardi did their own thing.
I didn't realize they were members of FOS.
I thought FOS was about 3 mans...including Marvs.

Anyways, thanks for the schooling. I know that rollercoaster anywhere. That's in E-town. Mans died on that thing when it first came out!!!

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

saukrates & kardinal were members of the circle with marvel.. not FOS
Solitair wrote:HHC: I want to know about The Circle; who started it?
The circle was started by, Kardinall, Saukrates and Choclairג€¦ those are the point men. It was the coming together of Figures of Speech and Paranormal. Paranormal was Choclairג€™s crew, and Figures of Speech was our thing. There was YLook, Marvel, Lock Jaw, Tara Chase, Jully Black, myself, and Ro Dolla. We had the same interests, same musical connection and good friendship.

The Source

Post by The Source »

/\/\ Thats what I thought man!

Thanks for the clarification.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

The Source wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:

Cheers

Yea eh?

I always thought Sauks and Kardi did their own thing.
I didn't realize they were members of FOS.
I thought FOS was about 3 mans...including Marvs.

Anyways, thanks for the schooling. I know that rollercoaster anywhere. That's in E-town. Mans died on that thing when it first came out!!!
motherfucker, who are you?!!?! you get props over here with Mindbender!! :rockout: :ironmike:

yo, Figures of Speech was Sauks/Kardi/Marvel, but they hooked up with the Paranomal Crew which turned into the Circle Crew, and are about 10 deep, really. Not all as tight as they used to be, but its:

Kardinal Offishall
Saukrates
Marvel
Choclair
Ylook
Jully Black
Tara Chase
Ro Ro Dolla
Solitaire
a few others

they basically form the members of the most successful hip hop crew in :ohcanada: history. Infinite respect.

and you know this picture in my sig? that's where the name MINDBENDER comes from!! It ain't no G.I. Joe scientist bullshit, LOL. I grew up in Edmonton, and I lived there in 1986 when the Mindbender rollercoaster chopped off 3 heads in the loop-de-loop. :nut: :owens: :copy: :megaman:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pensive

Post by pensive »

random toronto question... Anyone got any tracks from 20 b-lo?? I remember always hearing this track from them on project bounce back in the day that was crazy and wondered what was up with them...
like 3 day old floaters at the bottom of beer cans, this odor is life's way of reminding you that your lifestyle is fucking disgusting - agent b

www.myspace.com/pensivebeats

klepto_ryder

Post by klepto_ryder »

What happened to this video? Anyone got it archived somewhere?

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

saukrates <3 <3 <3

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom International Inc.

:sad:

pen

Post by pen »

ehhh!

biggups to the circle and f.o.s.

ylook is the homie.
heard a few new sauks beats and they were allll fire.
kardi, chocs, saukrates, dj moves, sixtoo, a-trak, jr flo, kimo, redone, john smith, escrol, bender, empire, hustlemann, muzion, aspire, moka only, prev one, maestro, michie mee, patience, theo3, the bridge, dj drastik, flight distance, t-wrex, dl incognito, osa, dj kaem, nextra, kelron, STAY, loes, moss, bishop brigante, belly...

klepto_ryder

Post by klepto_ryder »

so nobody got it?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

pensive wrote:random toronto question... Anyone got any tracks from 20 b-lo?? I remember always hearing this track from them on project bounce back in the day that was crazy and wondered what was up with them...
I did an interview with them. O was beside me, P was in jail and we did the interview over the phone.

gyangsta.

check www.hiphopcanada.com for it and for music from them