sigh... Dre himself says "Detox: November/December"

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

sigh... Dre himself says "Detox: November/December"

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

The six year wait for Detox may be coming to a close, as Dr. Dre has confirmed plans to release his highly anticipated third solo album by the end of the year.

After years of fine-tuning and direction changes, the legendary producer finally feels the project is ready for mass consumption.

ג€œIג€™m just now, over the last couple months, starting to feel that itג€™s going to be right and itג€™s something I can be proud of, and everybody is going to love it,ג€ Dr. Dre explained to USA Today. ג€œIn a perfect world, Iג€™m shooting for a November or December release.ג€

Recording for the project began in 2003, and tentative dates were announced every single year afterward, only to see the album constantly pushed back due to Dreג€™s perfectionist demeanor.

Like its predecessors The Chronic (1992) and The Chronic 2001, many expect Detox to raise the bar for producers in Hip-Hop.

For Dre, itג€™s simply about making great music, and hopefully the accolades come.

ג€œIג€™ve never set out to do that,ג€ states Dre. ג€œI just make the music feel the way I want it to feel and I donג€™t put it out until Iג€™m totally happy with it. Then it does what it does...Iג€™m going to put this record out, promote it, and then become a hermit,ג€ Dre explains. ג€œIג€™m going to stay in the studio and produce. All I want to do is sit in the studio with that person (a new artist) for a year and try to create another masterpiece.ג€

For guests, Dre has confirmed collaborations with Nas, Lil Wayne, and Jay-Z.

On the business end, Dre also disclosed a venture with Monster, a leader in audio/video accessories, called Beats by Dr. Dre. Dre, Interscope head Jimmy Iovine, and Monster have developed high definition powered isolation headphones available on Friday (July 25) exclusively at Best Buy and Apple stores for $349.95.

Iovine and Dreג€™s goal was to create a product that duplicated the clarity of recording studios.

ג€œDre and I have been developing these headphones for awhile and in Monster we found a partner that could work with us to crystallize his vision and develop them to the quality he expects,ג€ Iovine said. ג€œBeats By Dr. Dre is yet another example of Interscopeג€™s commitment with its artists in developing new avenues to experience music.ג€

For more information visit the official website www.beatsbydre.com.

Detox is tentatively scheduled for a November or December 2008 release.
:killacam: :larry: :naswtf:

there's being a perfectionist... there's OCD... there's hyper-obsessive insanity... and then there's Dr. Dre's approach to releasing hip hop.

at least people will talk about it for years, cause ain't NO way he could meet many people's impossible expectations for this album now.

he better have a new Biggie and Tupac song featuring Satan and God on that shit or something beyond special
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Detox will be wack.

artMajor

Post by artMajor »

Combo7 wrote:Employee will be wack.
and so will Detox

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

cant check for this. i'll be too busy watching harry potter in nov/dec
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

artMajor wrote:
and so will Detox
You did cover art for Gentle Jones.

You were born a faggot, raised a faggot, exist as a faggot and will vacate this mortal coil one fine day a faggot.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Employee wrote:
artMajor wrote:
and so will Detox
You were born a faggot, raised a faggot, exist as a faggot and will vacate this mortal coil one fine day a faggot.
you talkin bout Dre?!?! :rofl:

ba dum PSSH

wonder if there will be any more double entendre gay gangsta rap lyrics on 'Detox'

"get that ass up for the Doctor!" - Eminem with 50 Cent on 'One More Time' :lol:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

artMajor

Post by artMajor »

Employee wrote:
artMajor wrote:
and so will Detox
You did cover art for Gentle Jones.

:arrow:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

attn: mindbender...please refer to "another nas thread"...kthanxbye

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

the day i walk into a best buy and see detox in the rap section is the day i will believe its actually dropping
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

thebigk

Post by thebigk »

What's up with those Dre headphones.. too expensive

and I don't believe Dre.. fuck that

HellRell'sToiletAdventure

Post by HellRell'sToiletAdventure »

Last edited by HellRell'sToiletAdventure on Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

pestilence

Post by pestilence »

I don't really know who's with me and don't really care... but I could give a fuck to ever hear dre rap again...

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

i still listen to Chronic 2001 on the regular and be happy when this album drops...

IF this album drops...

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

i got "Smokin Weed for hours" on single so fuck it, if he releases it great....other than that it'll get there when it gets there.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

I couldnג€™t help but laugh when I saw the USA Today article about Dr. Dre and the music industry myth which is his forthcoming LP, Detox. In the article, Dre says,

ג€œIג€™m just now ג€” over the last couple of months ג€” starting to feel that itג€™s going to be right and itג€™s something I can be proud of, and everybody is going to love itג€¦ In a perfect world, Iג€™m shooting for a November or December release.ג€

Bullshit. The reality is, Dr. Dre has been hinting at the release of this album for almost ten years. Itג€™s long overdue. Itג€™s overdue to the point that I donג€™t think anyone outside of the music industry even cares if it ever comes out. Really, how many new fans that have been turned on to hip-hop in the past ten years even know who Dr. Dre is? Itג€™s like when I was a kid, you could tell me all about the greatness of this one and that one before me, but as much as I respected them, I didnג€™t buy their records or get into what they were doing just because. They had to make something I liked right now. How many Soulja Boy or V.I.C. Get Silly fans do you think Dre can appeal to? I donג€™t even think the average Lil Wayne fan could get with a Dr. Dre record right now.

With the direction that hip-hop has moved in, I donג€™t see Dre fitting into the current paradigm, and I donג€™t know that he has the cultural or musical relevance anymore to get with the times. Heג€™s a looming figure, but he doesnג€™t put out enough material to keep himself relevant, and the projects he has been involved with over the past few years havenג€™t really lived up to expectations. The Big Bang anyone?

He keeps talking about Detox like itג€™s some musical masterpiece, which Iג€™m sure on a technical level it will be, that heג€™s this big perfectionist, and blah blah blahג€¦. I think heג€™s just waiting for the current tide of kiddie rap to pass by so he doesnג€™t have to worry about catching a brick, which is very possible with the way hip-hop fans treat their elder statesmen. The reality of it is, kiddie rap ainג€™t going anywhere, and pop rap hasnג€™t even met its full potential just yet. What, you thought Fergie rapping on a Nelly song was a rarity? Thatג€™s about to be the norm. Get ready.

But seriously, if Iג€™m Dre, I just man the fuck up and keep it real with the people, with his fans, and just come out and say that Iג€™m taking forever with this project because I think I might come out and people just wonג€™t give a shit the way they used to. That I stood by the wayside while hip-hop became a buffoonery show (see: Rick Ross) and nearly died, and I pretty much did nothing but make records and keep them locked away on a hard drive somewhere.

Put your money where your mouth is Dre. No more talk. Put a record out, any record. Just do it.

Because while the whole aura and mystique of Detox was once a cool thing, something that added to the anticipation, now itג€™s just making you look bad. A running joke. A myth.
word.

bigzizzo#1

Post by bigzizzo#1 »

bullshit!
i take seven mc's ...ya'll should kno the rest!

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
I couldnג€™t help but laugh when I saw the USA Today article about Dr. Dre and the music industry myth which is his forthcoming LP, Detox. In the article, Dre says,

ג€œIג€™m just now ג€” over the last couple of months ג€” starting to feel that itג€™s going to be right and itג€™s something I can be proud of, and everybody is going to love itג€¦ In a perfect world, Iג€™m shooting for a November or December release.ג€

Bullshit. The reality is, Dr. Dre has been hinting at the release of this album for almost ten years. Itג€™s long overdue. Itג€™s overdue to the point that I donג€™t think anyone outside of the music industry even cares if it ever comes out. Really, how many new fans that have been turned on to hip-hop in the past ten years even know who Dr. Dre is? Itג€™s like when I was a kid, you could tell me all about the greatness of this one and that one before me, but as much as I respected them, I didnג€™t buy their records or get into what they were doing just because. They had to make something I liked right now. How many Soulja Boy or V.I.C. Get Silly fans do you think Dre can appeal to? I donג€™t even think the average Lil Wayne fan could get with a Dr. Dre record right now.

With the direction that hip-hop has moved in, I donג€™t see Dre fitting into the current paradigm, and I donג€™t know that he has the cultural or musical relevance anymore to get with the times. Heג€™s a looming figure, but he doesnג€™t put out enough material to keep himself relevant, and the projects he has been involved with over the past few years havenג€™t really lived up to expectations. The Big Bang anyone?

He keeps talking about Detox like itג€™s some musical masterpiece, which Iג€™m sure on a technical level it will be, that heג€™s this big perfectionist, and blah blah blahג€¦. I think heג€™s just waiting for the current tide of kiddie rap to pass by so he doesnג€™t have to worry about catching a brick, which is very possible with the way hip-hop fans treat their elder statesmen. The reality of it is, kiddie rap ainג€™t going anywhere, and pop rap hasnג€™t even met its full potential just yet. What, you thought Fergie rapping on a Nelly song was a rarity? Thatג€™s about to be the norm. Get ready.

But seriously, if Iג€™m Dre, I just man the fuck up and keep it real with the people, with his fans, and just come out and say that Iג€™m taking forever with this project because I think I might come out and people just wonג€™t give a shit the way they used to. That I stood by the wayside while hip-hop became a buffoonery show (see: Rick Ross) and nearly died, and I pretty much did nothing but make records and keep them locked away on a hard drive somewhere.

Put your money where your mouth is Dre. No more talk. Put a record out, any record. Just do it.

Because while the whole aura and mystique of Detox was once a cool thing, something that added to the anticipation, now itג€™s just making you look bad. A running joke. A myth.
word.
It is a running joke or a myth, but if you think this shit wouldn't go platinum in under a month you're buggin', and if you think people who started listening to rap in the last 10 years don't know who Dre is you're retarded. 50 Cent was built by Dr. Dre.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:

word.
It is a running joke or a myth, but if you think this shit wouldn't go platinum in under a month you're buggin', and if you think people who started listening to rap in the last 10 years don't know who Dre is you're retarded. 50 Cent was built by Dr. Dre.
I dont' think it won't sell, but I do agree that Dre probably feels less confident than he ever has about releasing a product.

I bet all these hipsters and most of these new school kids PRETEND they know their Dre and won't ack dumm when Dre drops something official off Detox.

and I also agree that hip hop has suffered drastically because Dre's been fucking around FOREVER, waiting years to do nothing when all these fools who don't know shit about art make 5 mixtapes a week and flood the market with schwag shake bud, as Dre bogarts his Cannabis cup chronic music.

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

who the fuck cares... give me the seventh seal
And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

ardamus wrote:the day i walk into a best buy and see detox in the rap section is the day i will believe its actually dropping
and even then, i wont believe its out. itll most likely be a placeholder with the cover, and no disc inside, similar to when they run out of new movies at blockbuster.

Kelron

Post by Kelron »

aresem wrote:now this is what i wanted the Re-Up Gang shit to sound like:

http://videos.onsmash.com/v/paiWVQHlrqkVkhVE
Well at least we know the headphones are real
"the plot thickens like the Dickens giving whoopins and lickins when you're not looking"

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: and I also agree that hip hop has suffered drastically because Dre's been fucking around FOREVER, waiting years to do nothing when all these fools who don't know shit about art make 5 mixtapes a week and flood the market with schwag shake bud, as Dre bogarts his Cannabis cup chronic music.
No, :ohcanada:

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

IT'LL COME OUT
BEWARE WHAT YOU ASK FOR BECAUSE YOU JUST MIGHT GET IT

play 'natural born killers' by dre&cube,nuckaz.....
AMC
www.conspiracyscreations.com
everybody sharing all the food, liquor, drugs, and money for free spiritual knowledge and PUSSY....
extraterrestrial illumination has been discovered!(Really.)
top 10-BUSTA-RZA-AZ-REDMAN-NAPTRON-APATHY-ABSTRACT RUDE-BLACK THOUGHT-DR DRE-SCARFACE (and Supernatural as a bonus 11*)
2010 C

bigzizzo#1

Post by bigzizzo#1 »

Dusty Fingers wrote:who the fuck cares... give me the seventh seal
im with you dre is overrated as fuck to me anyways
i take seven mc's ...ya'll should kno the rest!

ANUBIS5

Post by ANUBIS5 »

I've actually been waiting really patiently for this ever since those videos with Knocturnal started surfacing around 2001 that he said were going to be songs on the album. I'm sure they aren't anymore but none the less Dre's music is timeless. Probably one of the only CD's I will buy this year.

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

man in all truth we can only hope.....I for one think it'll prolly drift well into 2009 maybe even 2010.....that's just me though.....

I think he's really skeptical about letting Bishop Lamont play the Role that The D.O.C. and Snoop played on the first one or that Eminem played on the second one....I think he was planning on letting Game handle that, and I think that woulda been the correct decision (say what you want about that nikka, he can spit like nobody's business) but all these problems with 50 happened and that just killed their professional relationship....

I think Dre ain't wanna be in between those two knuckleheads' problems.....he learned how easilly petty shit can turn into senseless recklessness from his days at Death Row when his mans Suge Knight started beefin wit his friend from out east named Sean Combs.......

I think Dre is just quickly becoming allergic to big, stupid, ego's.....I think that's smart basically, but I also think that it sure as hell did throw a wrench into what he was planning for his album after his initial plans (having Denzel Washington have a vocal presence on the album that would play out as a storyboard of sorts, a la Sticky Fingaz's Black Trash album or Prince Paul's A prince Among Thieves album) fell through.

No matter what happens i am thankful for the fact that Dre is a perfectionist and that he also is the type of cat that will never sellout....he's not gonna make some pop/club dance track for the single, he's gonna have the people in the club rockin to some westcoast g shit....he'll get it correct, we all know that, and it will eventually come...the fun was in the waiting with the first two, this one is just so sorely needed right now that it's torture waiting for it rather than gleeful suspense.....

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

"In a perfect world" means its gonna come out first quarter 2009.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."