2. J-Live
3. DJ Quik
4. Brother Ali
5. W.C.

bigzizzo#1

Post by bigzizzo#1 »

redman -dope as fuck very original top 20 of all time
j-live- one of the better underground mc's the best part was dope
dj quik - a decent mc but a better producer qiute possibly the best producer from the west
brother ali- if he isnt the best underground mc it doesnt take long before he is mentioned in the discussion
wc - a legend. the low profile album and aint a damn thing changed are both great
i take seven mc's ...ya'll should kno the rest!

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

1. The only rapper you know thats too funny and thugged out in one breathe.
2. Great at moments and sometimes falls short. His production on the Hearafter was upsetting. Oddisee and Fire Dept. should handle his shit from now on.
3. Hands down truly talented. Anyone else who thinks otherwise is smoking rocks.
4. Knows his hip hop and makes good music. A co-sign from Rakim and the golden era heads is a good look.
5. The real underrated O.G.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Redman- top 10, one of my favorites

J-Live - decent rapper...like his first 2 albums, everything else is unlistenable due to boredom

DJ Quik- great producer with some very good albums

Brother Ali- decent, never really been a fan

W.C.- pretty good rapper with some great material

Lyrical Gymnastics

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

1. Redman - listening to Tonight's Da Night once a day is a must.one of my favorite emcees.
2. J-Live - I like his older material.a great MC but an awful producer..Then What Happened is unlistenable in my opinion.
3. DJ Quik - not familiar with his work..
4. Brother Ali - one of the few white emcees I can listen to..
5. W.C. - I heard a few cuts..hmm

Combo7

Re: Speak about these rappers #2

Post by Combo7 »

1. Redman - Easily top ten all time, when he's in top form nobody can touch him. Red Gone Wild is much, much better than it's given credit for. The only flat-out bad songs were the ones featuring those Gilla House schmucks, and that wasn't too many.

2. J-Live - Was cool around the time The Best Part dropped, his follow up was kind of okay too. Immediately and inexplicably started putting out garbage after that and became too boring and corny to listen to.

3. DJ Quik - I think he's got a great voice, pretty good writer too. I haven't heard most of his recent shit so I have no idea how he's aged since the 90s.

4. Brother Ali - Annoying as fuck. Horrible voice and irritating "swagger." Tries way too hard.

5. W.C. - I thought he was done after his Def Jam abortion of an album, but Guilty By Affiliation was pretty nice. He can become annoying after long periods.
Last edited by Combo7 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mud

Post by mud »

1. Redman - Top 10
2. J-Live - Whatever
3. DJ Quik - Never really checked out the dude.
4. Brother Ali - Whatever
5. W.C. - The Bow Down LP is a favourite. Just Clownin' has to be one of the greatest westcoast tracks of all time.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

1. Redman - In my top 10 favorite MC's. I wish I could subscribe to a service that would send me a cd every month of new Redman material.
2. J-Live - Above average live performer, below average album performer.
3. DJ Quik - Don't care
4. Brother Ali - flow is pretty much unfuckwittable. makes solid albums.
5. W.C. - don't care

citizen

Post by citizen »

1. Redman-seriously one of the best ever, everytime i hear a verse of his i want to hear more
2. J-Live-unfortunate casualty of the underground hiphop, stuff like "dont play" is ridiculous good, but all songs kinda end up being the same
3. DJ Quik-okay
4. Brother Ali-no interest
5. W.C.-never heard a wc verse that didnt impress me, his verse on the militia remix is sick

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Philaflava wrote:speak about these rappers #2

1. Redman
2. J-Live
3. DJ Quik
4. Brother Ali
5. W.C.
1- Funk Docta Spock is one of the illest emcees of all time. Crazy style and delivery. Original concepts. Great ear for beats (most of the time).
2- A talented lyricist who is boring as fuck and puts me to sleep every time.
3- Been pimpin' since pimpin's been pimpin'. Balance and Options and Rhythm-Al-Ism are the best albums.
4- hahaha, ever seen that movie POWDER? Naw, hes hit or miss, but i like him.
5- Curb Servin' is a classic.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Redman... Reggie Noble is one of the few MCs to make me laugh out loud, and has succeeded in doing so for a decade now. I owe him some fresh ganja plant for all the joy he's brought me and mine over the years.

J-Live...generally a snoozefest, but I did enjoy the bootleg version of "The Best Part" that never officially dropped back in the day. But then again, I was listening to Last Emporer around the same time, and thinking he was good too so my judgment was probably misguided. "Wax Paper" and "Them That's Not" are great songs though. I'd bet he's a cool teacher too.

DJ Quik...my favorite gangster rap artist ever.

Brother Ali...is The Truth.

W.C...drastically under appreciated. Deserved the success that Mack-10 got post WestSide Connection. And "Ghetto Heisman" is an excellent album, too.

PEACE

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Redman - Funniest rapper of all time. Amazing live performer. Strong catalog, especially his early work and the blackout album with Meth. "We leave ya haircut like a blind barber, cut it and gave you a line with fine markers"

J-Live - Had a spark when he started but now he's just garbage. Needs to stop producing beats.

DJ Quik - Doper than dope. Responsible for a lot of classic music. Very consistent. Underrated everywhere but on the internet.

Brother Ali - Solid rapper, doesn't do a whole lot for me but I respect his talent and listen to his shit from time to time.

WC - Big fan. For years my only knowledge of dude was the westside connection album but in the past 5 or so years I've come to celebrate his entire catalog. Top 5 sickest flow in the west.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

1. Redman - Top 5 favorite. Great lyricist, charisma, flow, total package.
2. J-Live - Ill lyricists. Wax Paper is one of my all-time favorites. Can be boring over a long period of time.
3. DJ Quik - Needs to make beats again. Has the illest dis line in history.
4. Brother Ali - I would say slept on, but I guess what needs to be said is that he doesn't get the shine he deserves.
5. W.C. - Just don't like. Always came off like a bootleg Cube to me.

Post by 360 »

1. Redman - None can hate, regardless of how retarded he gets. OG Redman is one of the goats
2. J-Live- Dude is dope in a simple way. The fact that he is a school teacher makes him even cooler.
3. DJ Quik- OG Cali kat. Never was much into the west but I show respect where it's due.
4. Brother Ali - Good dude. Dope rapper. I don't know him personally,but my room mate is real cool with him and when ever he comes to ny he stays at my crib.
5. W.C.- Faggot

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Cash Rulz wrote:3. DJ Quik - Has the illest dis line in history.

Left out the G cuz the G ain't in you? I was :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: when I heard that. So simple but so effective.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Redman: One of my favourite MC's, a top 20 MC of all time. Time 4 Sum Aksion is one of my all-time favourite tracks.

J-Live: Never cared about him.

DJ Quik: Has some great beats and great tracks to his name. Heartz of Men and Down Down Down (the beat in the chorus made me go :ohsh: when I first heard it) are among my favourite beats.

Brother Ali: For some reason, couldn't really get into him.

W.C.:Whenever I think of Dub C, I think of the cripwalk he did on the Up In Smoke tour first.

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

Redman - funk doctor spock HAHA! one of the funniest on the mic ever. "red gone wild" was a great offering last year, but if you have an album out like "muddy waters".. you know nothing will ever compare/transcend it - the production was just my taste and overall it took redman to another level for me. he's responsable for me understanding why the majority of this forum likes extra size : "I love a fat chick with a body enormous / It ain't about the weight yo it's how they performin" HAHA! second comes "whut!" and right after "dare iz a darkside" - killer albums but I'm missing the samples. his live show was the best ever! he jumped from a 10 m stage on the crowd, just crazy!

J-Live - cool person, intelligent rapper. always liked his production, used to listen to all his stuff, but got bored in time.. favorite track is probably the one produced by prince paul & roy ayers "the day I fell off" - should I dld "then what happened"? how is it?

DJ Quik - dope producer from what I've heard. didn't follow him closely, tho. OST was my shit.

Brother Ali - incredible rapper, he did put a shasow on me live, he killed it!

W.C. - didn't listen to any of his albums, but from what I've heard from his cuts with ice cube, he's ok.

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

1. Redman- One of hip hop's best personalities of all time. Dope live, underrated rapper and I enjoy most of his stuff.

2. J-Live- Has a tendency to make very boring albums, but what made me a fan of his was seeing him Live. Rapping on the 1's and 2's at the same time was dope. Had a lot of energy and I just appreciate what he can do on the mic, boards and on the tables.

3. DJ Quik- Dope producer. Not familiar with the raps.

4. Brother Ali- One of the leaders of the new generation of MCs. Has never made a bad album. Commanding voice, stage presence, outlook and lyrics. One of my favorite artists.

5. W.C.- Underrated.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

sun ra wrote:
J-Live - cool person, intelligent rapper. always liked his production, used to listen to all his stuff, but got bored in time.. favorite track is probably the one produced by prince paul & roy ayers "the day I fell off" - should I dld "then what happened"? how is it?
:cheers:

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

1. Redman - I wish he still put out classic albums, but he's easily one of the greatest of all-time and his live shows continue to be amazing. Amped to see him and Method Man (again) on the 26th when they come back to Toronto. Dare iz a Darkside is my fav album of his by far.

2. J-Live - Just straight up boring. Sad too, cuz he seemed to have potential back when his first 12"s came out. And The Best Part had a slew of bangers, although in large part due to the ridiculous group of producers he assembled for it. Was solid live the two times I saw him in the early 00s. Everything from the second album on was such a snoozefest though.

3. DJ Quik - Agreed with Cash about him having the illest line in a dis song. Safe + Sound is my fav of all his shit. The most recent one, Trauma was pretty dope too, surprisingly. Incredible producer.

4. Brother Ali - Can't get into his shit for some reason, although he had some reggae-sounding joint a few years ago that I thought was dope. I think it's his voice and the sing-songy shit he does once in a while that turns me off.

5. W.C. - Underrated to an extent, I think. Not as big of a fan as many on here are though. And the dude who said his Def Jam album was an abomination is buggin'. It had some joints on it.

Lid

Post by Lid »

sun ra wrote:
J-Live - cool person, intelligent rapper. always liked his production.
first person i've ever seen say that.

redman-top 10

jlive - great mc, shit prducing, needs to work with producers and stop makin his own beats

Dj Quik - favorite west coast producer bsides battlecat, makes good albums

brother ali - dont give a fuck really, he average

w.c. - classic

Lid

Post by Lid »

00P
Last edited by Lid on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

fucking english :lol: not his, but the production he gets.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

1)redman: great mc with many not so great albums. but one of the more listenable guys still around from the early 90's
2)j-live: very skilled with bad taste in beats. he's kinda like an underground black thought but happier.
3)dj quik:i respect him but i never bumped his shit much. he hit 2nd to none with some dope beats though.
4)brother ali: the best albino rapper ever. sprry krondon!
5)w.c.: i can't say i've checked for him in a long time but i always like his older shit. he can flow his ass off and crip walk at the same time.

AthenA

Post by AthenA »

1. Redman - Never been a HUGE fan, but I recognize his skill and appeal.
2. J-Live - The Best Part was ill, and that was that.
3. DJ Quik - Dude is a Legend, used to do some sick drops for The Beat back when Theo was there.
4. Brother Ali - I really like his music, but didn't feel the last album all that much.
5. W.C. - Forever underrated, one of the nicest out the westcoast ever.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Blockhead wrote:4)brother ali: the best albino rapper ever. sorry krondon!
krondon gets slept on
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

ardamus wrote:
krondon gets slept on
never heard of him. more info please.

godmc

Post by godmc »

sun ra wrote:
ardamus wrote:
krondon gets slept on

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Krondon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krondon

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

sun ra wrote:
ardamus wrote:
krondon gets slept on
Krondon & Saafir - Let's Smoke

http://www.zshare.net/audio/1821115866817104/

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

360 wrote:4. Brother Ali - Good dude. Dope rapper. I don't know him personally,but my room mate is real cool with him and when ever he comes to ny he stays at my crib.
:larry:
360 wrote:5. W.C.- Faggot
:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: