8)The God Of Rap
9)How Sexy
10)That Girl Is A Monster
11)Do Not Disturb
12)Take THat Ride
13)Mopped Up
14)Always Talkin Out Your Ass
15)Surgery

After single-handedly redefining ג€œwarpedג€ as the mind and mouth behind the Bronx-based Ultramagnetic MCג€™s, ג€œKoolג€ Keith Thornton, aka Rhythm X, aka Dr. Octagon, aka Dr. Dooom, headed for the outer reaches of the stratosphere with a variety of solo projects. A onetime psychiatric patient at Bellevue, Keithג€™s lyrical thematics remained as free-flowing here as they ever were with the N.Y. trio, connecting up complex meters with fierce, layers-deep metaphors and veiled criticisms of those who ג€œwater down the sound that comes from the ghetto.ג€

2008 will see the return of Dr Dooom, produced by KutMasta Kurt. This album will be huge! One of the more underrated producers and DJs in the West Coast underground, KutMasta Kurt initially made his name working with Kool Keith, during which time he first donned his trademark Mexican wrestling mask. Kurt began DJing in the Bay Area. As his reputation grew, local MCs began to approach him about producing tracks. Kurt bought some basic studio equipment and taught himself to use it. After a few remixes for the likes of Tim Dog, Buju Banton and Mic Geronimo, Kurtג€™s friendship with the groundbreaking, underappreciated Ultramagnetic MCג€™s paid off when, in 1994, ex-leader Kool Keith tapped Kurt to handle DJ and production duties for his new solo career. Kurt produced a couple of tracks on Keithג€™s landmark Dr. Octagon album, but their first full project together was 1997ג€™s ג€œSex Styleג€, the first album released under Keithג€™s own name. Kurt also helmed Keithג€™s album as Dr. Dooom, 1999ג€™s ג€œFirst Come, First Servedג€, and 2000ג€™s ג€œMatthewג€.

By the time ג€œMatthewג€ was released, Kurt had begun to build his own career apart from Keith. He provided remixes for the likes of the Beastie Boys, Planet Asia, Rasco, Luscious Jackson and Blackalicious, among others. He also formed his own label, Threshold, and in 2000 released the full-length album ג€œKutMasta Kurt Presents: Masters of Illusionג€, a collaborative project that featured Kool Keith and underground MC Motion Man.

Skip ahead to 2008 and the Dr. Dooom comeback. The album is titled ג€œDr. Dooom 2″ and itג€™s the type of release that everybody will be talking about.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

hope this is good
UBM CD COMING SOON

provoked15

Post by provoked15 »

it's not bad, his production is nice to hear as usual...

Album is as good as Ill Bill's Hour Of Reprisal.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I didn't like Hour of Reprisal
UBM CD COMING SOON

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

2008 rap needs Kool Keith back in top form

hope this catches on
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

provoked15

Post by provoked15 »

dude just needs to get back to his old shit.

DoogieHowitzer

Post by DoogieHowitzer »

Very good album. Somewhere between Dr Dooom's First Come, First Served and Keith's Diesel Truckers...

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

DoogieHowitzer wrote:Very good album. Somewhere between Dr Dooom's First Come, First Served and Keith's Diesel Truckers...
Everyone definitely trusts your tastes. Trust me.

binary

Post by binary »

"always talking out your ass" is fucking great, how does the rest compare?

DLG

Post by DLG »

has this leaked? :ethief: needs to step its game up

godmc

Post by godmc »

this is a solid album. it's not quite on par with past material - imo (e.g. call the cops, though the album does have its shining moments) , but i've only given it one listen. hopefully repeated listens will allow this to grow on me.

"how does the rest compare?"

if you're feelin' the out your ass joint, you'll appreciate the rest of the album.

"has this leaked?"

yes.

murderer

Post by murderer »

It's fucking terrible. Who knew? Motion Man does the only good verse on the whole goddamn thing.

godmc

Post by godmc »

murderer wrote:It's fucking terrible. Who knew? Motion Man does the only good verse on the whole goddamn thing.
you apologize RIGHT NOW.

:owens:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

DLG wrote:has this leaked? :ethief: needs to step its game up
have you looked closely? just about everything is in there as of today.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Is is better than Tashan Dorsett?
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

godmc

Post by godmc »

ardamus wrote:Is is better than Tashan Dorsett?

is is WAY better. you kiddin' me? shit.

nah, i'm just kiddin'. it's definitely better.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Philaflava wrote:
DLG wrote:has this leaked? :ethief: needs to step its game up
have you looked closely? just about everything is in there as of today.
It arrived after this thread.

got it though. solid effort.

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

I enjoyed it pretty much, but I don't think I will listen to this again soon.
the cover was made by jean cocteau? :lol: who did it?

DoogieHowitzer

Post by DoogieHowitzer »

vinylpops wrote:
DoogieHowitzer wrote:Very good album. Somewhere between Dr Dooom's First Come, First Served and Keith's Diesel Truckers...
Everyone definitely trusts your tastes. Trust me.
Well, choose to listen to it or not... It's no skin off my dick.

My voice is just one of many. And my tastes are varied. But whateva.