UFC 73: Stacked (July 7th) Discussion

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

shazzb0t

Post by shazzb0t »

L. Nelson wrote:LOL.

okay, but I was never thrilled about Franca getting this title shot in the first place. I think he's :roll:

agree to disagree.
who would ahve been better though?

ADR

Post by ADR »

you're opening a can of worms, about to make me list all the LW's from all around the world.

but in the UFC, I would've brought Tyson Griffin right in to fight Sherk off the bat.

FightOn

Post by FightOn »

manwhore wrote:post ya email address if you want an invite to a website where you can download every mma ppv that comes out.

i have a limited amount of invites though.

and dont go posting the address on any public forums please.
Hook me up:
nomadharris@gmail.com

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

FightOn wrote:
manwhore wrote:post ya email address if you want an invite to a website where you can download every mma ppv that comes out.

Hook me up:
nomadharris@gmail.com
cleanhobo@yahoo.com
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Chuck Earns Cheese

Post by Chuck Earns Cheese »

most boring ufc ever

sherk showed that he is limited.

penn will be uncontested if he fights at 155

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

L. Nelson wrote:you're opening a can of worms, about to make me list all the LW's from all around the world.

but in the UFC, I would've brought Tyson Griffin right in to fight Sherk off the bat.

Yeh that IS a very good choice , Tyson Griffin, is someone that totally slipped my mind...lets see Dana fuckin that one up .

inK

Post by inK »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

there should be no draws in ufc.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Anyone got a link to the nog fight?
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

tylerdurden224@yahoo.com
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Nevermind got the nog fight on dailymotion

ADR

Post by ADR »

Look at the Anderson Silva/ Nate Marquardt title fight,

http://www.mediafire.com/?8gcn5j05p9t

two things stand out to me about this

- Near the end of the fight, Anderson Silva hits a switch and gains dominant position on Marquardt. It's slick as fuck

- Once he's in position to throw strikes, he's calculating. Look at him wait and pinpoint a moment until he sees an opening. As opposed to Melvin Manhoef's chicken with its head cut-off routine.

He's definitely fun to watch and a rematch with Franklin in Cincinnati is something I might drive out to see.

The_Kernel

Post by The_Kernel »

L. Nelson wrote:Look at the Anderson Silva/ Nate Marquardt title fight,

http://www.mediafire.com/?8gcn5j05p9t

two things stand out to me about this

- Near the end of the fight, Anderson Silva hits a switch and gains dominant position on Marquardt. It's slick as fuck

- Once he's in position to throw strikes, he's calculating. Look at him wait and pinpoint a moment until he sees an opening. As opposed to Melvin Manhoef's chicken with its head cut-off routine.

He's definitely fun to watch and a rematch with Franklin in Cincinnati is something I might drive out to see.
Yea man that switch he pulled was very smart. He answered a lot of questions about his ground brought up in the Lutter fight with this one. Completely neutralized Marquardt on the ground while staying calm and creating openings.

What always impresses me about his striking is not just how accurate he is, but how painful his strikes look, makes me wince sometimes watching him work those elbows and punches.

kato

Post by kato »

Cleanhobo wrote:
FightOn wrote:

Hook me up:
nomadharris@gmail.com
cleanhobo@yahoo.com
kato.1982@hotmail.com

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

sorry kato all my invites are now used up.

ADR

Post by ADR »

- A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION...
Monday, July 09, 2007 - by Al Yu - MMAWeekly.com

[quote]ג€¦inefficacy.

in

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

^^

word man, ultimate fight night 10 was a great show.

ADR

Post by ADR »

Post-UFC 73 quotes from Dana White
July 9th, 2007 by Sam Caplan

Gary Herman and Erik Sommers from 15rounds.com have a full list of quotes attributed to UFC president Dana White that he made following UFC 73.

Some of the highlights include:

Regarding HBOג€¦

ג€œI am very confident that weג€™ll have an HBO deal very soon.ג€

On a Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva main eventג€¦

ג€œWould like to make the Wanderlei Silva vs Chuck Liddell for September.ג€

In regard to a rematch between Tito Ortiz and Rashad Evansג€¦

ג€œThey will not fight other opponents before the rematch (Rashad and Tito).ג€

When asked about Prideג€¦

- ג€œWe need a TV deal to get Pride going. Japan and the U.S. both.ג€

- ג€œWhen we bought Pride, we were going to put on events. We have to get this thing straightened. They have contracts and they need to fight.ג€

One of those guys who needs to fight is Hayato ג€œMachג€ Sakuraiג€¦

ג€œHayato Sakurai is joining the UFC. Weג€™re ready as soon as he is. Heג€™ll fight at 170.ג€

On Mauricio ג€œShogunג€ Ruaג€™s debutג€¦

ג€œShogun will be in the UFC in Anaheim.ג€

What titles will be at stake between Dan Henderson and Quinton ג€œRampageג€ Jackson?

ג€œHenderson vs Rampage will be for both belts. It is a unification bout. Undisputed champ.ג€

In regard to a possible showdown between Cro Cop and Nogueiraג€¦

ג€œCro Cop said if he beats Cheik Kongo he wants Nogueira.ג€

Whoג€™s next for Sean Sherk?

ג€œB.J. Penn is next for Sherk. In November.ג€

How about an update on Fedor?

ג€œHope to have Fedor fighting in the UFC at the end of 2007 or early 2008.ג€

In order to read the full list of Dana quotes as well as quotes from Anderson Silva, Hermes Franca, Tito Ortiz, and Rashad Evans at 15rounds.com, just click here.

The_Kernel

Post by The_Kernel »

Is anyone else getting tired of Tito blatantly trying to sell rematches for all his fights? It seems so damn contrived

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

:lastweek: . but rampage always brings the :lol:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1762019

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

The_Kernel wrote:Is anyone else getting tired of Tito blatantly trying to sell rematches for all his fights? It seems so damn contrived
To me atleast Tito has become irrelevent in the LHW division. Things will only get worse for him as shogun and wanderlei will debute in the next few months and the addition of Hendo aswell.

The_Kernel

Post by The_Kernel »

Prophecy wrote:
The_Kernel wrote:Is anyone else getting tired of Tito blatantly trying to sell rematches for all his fights? It seems so damn contrived
To me atleast Tito has become irrelevent in the LHW division. Things will only get worse for him as shogun and wanderlei will debute in the next few months and the addition of Hendo aswell.
Wanderlei's definitely lost some of his sparkle with the back-to-back losses to Crocop and Henderson, but I at least one thing is certain about a fight between him and Liddell, and that's that one of them is gonna be brutally KO'd. Winner: the fans

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

The_Kernel wrote:
Prophecy wrote:
Wanderlei's definitely lost some of his sparkle with the back-to-back losses to Crocop and Henderson, but I at least one thing is certain about a fight between him and Liddell, and that's that one of them is gonna be brutally KO'd. Winner: the fans
yeah im just glad this is finally happening. cant wait!

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

So what do you guys think about the Nog/Herring match, theres alot of people out there saying it was a work/job?

The_Kernel

Post by The_Kernel »

Prophecy wrote:So what do you guys think about the Nog/Herring match, theres alot of people out there saying it was a work/job?
I say a lot of people are really stupid. I think Herring just felt like Nog's abilities on the ground would stifle his attempts at finishing and that if he stood him back up he could land another bomb. This fight showed how much heart Nog has, cause that was a vicious kick he took, and he came back in the next rounds looking no worse for wear.

I still think Herring's a good fighter, and I'd be interested in seeing him fight Sylvia in the future, now that Sylvia is basically out of title contention for the time being.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

I wonder why Shogun never fought Fedor. Arn't they in the same weight class?

The_Kernel

Post by The_Kernel »

Russian wrote:I wonder why Shogun never fought Fedor. Arn't they in the same weight class?
no they're not, Shogun's lightheavy, Fedor's heavy. it'd still be a good fight in any case as I'm sure both of them could make around 220

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

The_Kernel wrote:
Russian wrote:I wonder why Shogun never fought Fedor. Arn't they in the same weight class?
no they're not, Shogun's lightheavy, Fedor's heavy. it'd still be a good fight in any case as I'm sure both of them could make around 220
agree

so who do you think would win?

I would loove to see this.

Why i say.

Facts.

Fedor beat Ricardo Arona. But almost lost.
Shogun destroyed Ricardo Arona.
Mark Coleman beat Maricio Shogun Rua
Fedor destroyed Mark Coleman.

i love MMA :)

The_Kernel

Post by The_Kernel »

Coleman did get the win against Shogun, but in the most fluke-ish way possible, so I don't give it much credence.

kato

Post by kato »

Russian wrote:
The_Kernel wrote:
agree

so who do you think would win?

I would loove to see this.

Why i say.

Facts.

Fedor beat Ricardo Arona. But almost lost.
Shogun destroyed Ricardo Arona.
Mark Coleman beat Maricio Shogun Rua
Fedor destroyed Mark Coleman.

i love MMA :)

I think shogun has a good chance of beating fedor. If Hunt can almost submit him with a kimura, then surely shogun can actually finish it if he gets the oppurtunity.

I also think Couture can beat Fedor right now if they were to fight in august/sept.
Last edited by kato on Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.