The Official MMA Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

BJ Penn is the biggest faggot in human history.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

I'd like to see Florian win but can't see how he'd beat Penn.

here's some bullshit right here:

http://sherdog.com/news/news/update-fed ... ardy-18663
Multiple sources have told Sherdog.com that the California State Athletic Commission will not license Josh Barnett after a positive test result.
:fail: x 1000

madtapes

Post by madtapes »

Tom Atencio has confirmed that Barnett will not be fighting on the Aug 1st show. Rumor is tha they are looking at Vitor Belfort as a possible fill in, which is pretty ridiculous considering Belfort fights at 185.

Looks like Affliction just got Shamrock'd.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

madtapes wrote:Tom Atencio has confirmed that Barnett will not be fighting on the Aug 1st show. Rumor is tha they are looking at Vitor Belfort as a possible fill in, which is pretty ridiculous considering Belfort fights at 185.

Lashley was also rumored, but I don't know how authentic that is.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

RIP Affliction.

Much respect to Vitor if he does step up to fight Fedor.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

Mousasi should take the fight, he can at least get close to Fedor's weight

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

vitor fights at like 185 his walking around weight is prolly just about 200 he's way to small that likes anderson silva size right there

lashley is atleast big, they should just get overeem that would put asses in the seats and be a legitimate HEavyweight fight(i have overeem ranked 3 or 4 switching with lesnar every other day) and I don't think Dream(or whover he's fighting with) would be too mad about a split in PPV revenues esp. since they do shit for ppvs in the us.
UBM CD COMING SOON

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

Overeem would be great but I don't think it could happen, he was set to defend his strikforce belt but had to drop out cuz he hurt his hand in an altercation at an amsterdam club :ironmike:

Any worthwhile heavyweight is tied up with something else, what's Jeff Monson up to

kato

Post by kato »

Vitor is not going to fight fedor.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Sad developments.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

kato

Post by kato »

kato wrote:Vitor is not going to fight fedor.
wrong!

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

Prophecy wrote:Sad developments.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

BigCat8 wrote:
madtapes wrote:Tom Atencio has confirmed that Barnett will not be fighting on the Aug 1st show. Rumor is tha they are looking at Vitor Belfort as a possible fill in, which is pretty ridiculous considering Belfort fights at 185.

That's more I like it. Lashley is 5-0 this year.

madtapes

Post by madtapes »

Drastik Da God wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:

That's more I like it. Lashley is 5-0 this year.
Despite all his recent shit talking about how he is ready to take on "A" level guys (namely Lesnar) Lashley has already come forward and stated that he would not take this fight if it where offered. Can't blame him, he was barely able to beat Clay Guidas shittier, out of shape brother (whom, if I recall tried out for a recent season of TUF and didn't even get in the house).

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Monson would have been good, I would put my money on him subbing Fedor.

Probably would have got knocked out though.

madtapes

Post by madtapes »

Looks like Atencio just announced that the show is canceled. Things aren't looking good for the future of Affliction.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

Wow major bummer

ape9

Post by ape9 »

madtapes wrote:Looks like Atencio just announced that the show is canceled. Things aren't looking good for the future of Affliction.

Weak

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Damn but on the bright side if Affliction does fold due to this Fedor really has now where to go IMO. Dana needs to step up and make him an offer he can't refuse.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

damn Barnett with the EPIC FAIL. Dana's about to announce that Affliction will be able to sponsor at UFC shows again, so no more putting on events. Also Tito is back in the UFC.

madtapes

Post by madtapes »

Latest from the rumor mill states that Atencio and White have struck a deal that will see Affliction shirts back on UFC broadcasts and in return White gets a shot at the remaining contracts within Affliction.

Seems doubtful to me since Affliction had such loose contracts that would allow their fighters to fight elsewhere, which White would never go for.

kato

Post by kato »

kato wrote:
wrong!
you're wrong!

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

kato wrote:
kato wrote:
wrong!
you're wrong!
lol, heard vitor is helping bj penn get ready for his fight now

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Damn. Completely missed this development until a few minutes ago. Hope the UFC considers picking up on Gegard Mousasi. This also once again sparks the "SIGN FEDOR!" campaign. Now with very good reason.

madtapes

Post by madtapes »

BigCat8 wrote:Damn. Completely missed this development until a few minutes ago. Hope the UFC considers picking up on Gegard Mousasi. This also once again sparks the "SIGN FEDOR!" campaign. Now with very good reason.
Going to be interesting to see what happens with Fedor from here. On the one hand I can see the UFC still refusing to give into his contract demands, on the other hand I dont think there is anyone left who could pay him as much as the UFC would.

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

Since AFFLICTION's ghost Strikeforce should throw all thier chips in a Fedor-Rodgers basket.

kato

Post by kato »

madtapes wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:Damn. Completely missed this development until a few minutes ago. Hope the UFC considers picking up on Gegard Mousasi. This also once again sparks the "SIGN FEDOR!" campaign. Now with very good reason.
Going to be interesting to see what happens with Fedor from here. On the one hand I can see the UFC still refusing to give into his contract demands, on the other hand I dont think there is anyone left who could pay him as much as the UFC would.
DREAM?

Elias

Post by Elias »

I would watch a Fedor v. Rogers fight. That's intriguing. Fedor to the UFC is MORE intriguing but its a safe bet that Strikeforce could do, Fabricio Werdum, Alistair Overeem, and Brett Rodgers. I also think they could pull in King Mo too and of course Monson.

Those fights minus Werdum and Monson are all fights I wouldn't mind seeing. ;) But the UFC has Fedor v. Randy, Fedor v. Lesnar Fedor v. Mir Fedor v. Shane Carwin, Fedor v. Cain. A rematch with Cro cop. So many different options.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

im hoping cro cop goes to LHW
UBM CD COMING SOON