2009 Official Boxing Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

i agree 100% with everything you just posted

The Aluminum Falcon

just picked up fight night round 4 the other day, shit is pretty serious.

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

errr emmm ummm what the hell happened to victor ortiz. this dude was on the road to achieve HUGE things. He just caved and when he got hurt he just gave up. maidana deserves all the accolades he deserves after this fight

The Aluminum Falcon

Ortiz fucked himself over by fighting maidana's fight, he could have boxed maidana but after the knock downs he was looking for the knock out. I havent seen a lot of ortiz fights but im assuming he hasn't been cut that much (or at all) before. The bottom line is he gave up, he got frustrated and accepted defeat, even before the round when his corner was asking if they should stop it he said nothing.

Maidana is a fucking WARRIOR, he gets knocked down three times and comes back for the W. Yeah he has flaws, wide looping punches, but he has heart and is a "viscious" fighter on the inside, I'm happy to hear he will most likely get another big fight and take on the winner of kotelnik (however you spell that shit) or kahn. Maidana deserves that win, and he won some fans last night. He is by no means a perfect fighter and will be exposed down the road but hes got heart and he's tough as nails.

exciting fight.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

BRAZ

Post by BRAZ »

That would be nuts but Jean Pascal has got to be in there to.
Did anybody here see his last fight against Diaconu...fight of the year so far

The Aluminum Falcon

bringinoutbangerz wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/ind ... rafael_dan
if this comes off, holy shit!
:ohsh: A potential pavlik vs abraham bout , and every other fight this would line up. Lets hope these greedy ass promoters can agree to this.

mud

Post by mud »

Anyone see the the Sturm fight?

Supposedly Sturm got a fucking gift and a half.

One judge scored it 117-11 to Sturm, Eastsideboxing scored the complete opposite!
"Catch me in the corner not speaking"

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

yeah i want to see the sturm fight . i heard he got a gift as well. he woudl get wrecked by pavlik

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:Ortiz fucked himself over by fighting maidana's fight, he could have boxed maidana but after the knock downs he was looking for the knock out. I havent seen a lot of ortiz fights but im assuming he hasn't been cut that much (or at all) before. The bottom line is he gave up, he got frustrated and accepted defeat, even before the round when his corner was asking if they should stop it he said nothing.

Maidana is a fucking WARRIOR, he gets knocked down three times and comes back for the W. Yeah he has flaws, wide looping punches, but he has heart and is a "viscious" fighter on the inside, I'm happy to hear he will most likely get another big fight and take on the winner of kotelnik (however you spell that shit) or kahn. Maidana deserves that win, and he won some fans last night. He is by no means a perfect fighter and will be exposed down the road but hes got heart and he's tough as nails.

exciting fight.
Man, how lame was Victor's after fight interview. "I want to be able to function after I retire from boxing"...what? So thats why you lost? It wasn't the fact that your defense was weak? Cordova would've given him is first loss if they didn't call the fight early.

EarForGoodMusic

Post by EarForGoodMusic »

He sounded pretty bitchmade when he was sayin how he didnt deserve to be getting beat up. Maidana has made a fan out of me the same way Chris John did the first time i saw him fight.

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

i hope Randall Bailey and pulls through vs Juan Urango for Urango's title on the 28th of august. gonna hit that one up at the hard rock in south florida. cant wait for that shit

The Aluminum Falcon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGMyuUkF

PACQUIAO COTTO 145 NOVEMBER 14

:megaman: <<<<for the record I don't know what this means but it seemed strangely appropriate.

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

cannot wait for the fight . i think cotto will suprise alotta heads and pull out the w. cant wit though its gonna be a doozy

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

first of all, fuck yeah. Top Rank gets shit done. I can't believe how they are manuvering Manny through the weight classes, cleaning each of em out. I think Cotto takes too many punches, cuts too easily and will lose a close, bloody decision. I am highly curious to see how Manny takes one of Miguel's body shots though.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Fucking cysed.

I agree with BoB, on one hand I can't see Cotto taking Manny's rapid onsalught to well, but then again Cotto's heavy body shots might slow him down. 3 years ago this would have looked like a complete mismatch in my eyes, but this new version of Pacquiao is hard to bet against. Either way, great fucking matchup.

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

pacquiao will be the favorite. i wonder by how much tho

The Aluminum Falcon

Im happy theres no belt on the line in this fight, dont get me wrong its a great fight but its not at 147, I dont think anyone should fight for belts at catchweights. 145 is still VERY dangerous for the pacman despite what you hear from all these bich ass pac bashers/ floyd fluffers, but its good for boxing and the boxers. Cotto earned this payday and so did Manny, can't wait to see this shit and am EQUALLY excited to see the 24/7.

on a side note has there been any talk of potential undercard bouts?

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

yeah im not a huge fan of catchweight but i guess it makes for bigger fights even though there is some compromising going on.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

haven't heard anything about undercards, although the big PPV shows lately have been hosting some serious lame-o ones recently. SInce it's top rank, i'd suspect Matyev Korobov, or some other type of prospect. It would be cool if JuanMa Lopez could hop on, but that's doubtful as he headlines shows now.

Speaking of JuanMa, I was hopeful him and Yuriorkis Gamboa would get together soon, but with Gamboa pulling out of his Latin Fury tune-up, it looks doubtful.

waaaay too many pull-outs/postponements this year

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Per the gawd Dan Rafael:
One fight Arum mentioned to me as a possibility for the Cotto-Pacquiao undercard is a lightweight title match between Edwin Valero and junior lightweight titlist Humberto Soto, who plans to move up in weight. That's a can't-miss fight.
:gyeah:

The Aluminum Falcon

bringinoutbangerz wrote:Per the gawd Dan Rafael:
One fight Arum mentioned to me as a possibility for the Cotto-Pacquiao undercard is a lightweight title match between Edwin Valero and junior lightweight titlist Humberto Soto, who plans to move up in weight. That's a can't-miss fight.
:gyeah:
I'll watch it, hope it happens.

:bow: Showtime Super Six Tournament

Froch Vs. Dirrell ,Abraham Vs. Taylor and Kessler Vs. Ward.

this tournament is crazy, I shouldnt make any predictions but Im going Dirrell, Abraham and Kessler for the first round.

I couldnt tell you who would take the whole thing, but i will tell you who i see hitting the canvas, FROCH. Froch is going to get :copy: sooner than later. I can't see that guy winning the whole thing no way.Who do you guys have in the first fights and who can you see taking it?

I've heard the last two fights may actually be on tv in the US for free :ohsh:

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Abraham got the easiest draw by getting softbatch choke artist Jermaine Taylor. I predict KO. Pretty sure Dirrell outpoints the slow Froch. Kessler has been MIA for a minute now. Ward is no sloutch. It will be a close decision for Kessler.

Methinks this tourney causes everyone in the world to love super middles, then bitch-ass Calzaghe comes out of retirement to face the winnar (my pick: Abraham).

mud

Post by mud »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:Im happy theres no belt on the line

Oh but it is....

http://www.examiner.com/x-5699-NY-Boxin ... y-Pacquiao

mud

Post by mud »

New Floyd interview...

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... 9R6MdmuZ84

And how about Hopkins saying he'll fight the winner of Dawson/Johnson!

The Aluminum Falcon

:thebest:

anyways,Hopkins Vs. Dawson is a very watchable bout, hope it happens,it would be a great test for dawson. But im thinking B-Hop's old ass wins it.

mud

Post by mud »

Peace to Aluminum Falcon by the way....the more boxing heads on this shit, the better.

The Aluminum Falcon

mud wrote:Peace to Aluminum Falcon by the way....the more boxing heads on this shit, the better.
:cheers: that gatti sig has had me transfixed multiple times, right uppercut, left hook, right hook and his head bouncing off the canvas.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

mud wrote:
The Aluminum Falcon wrote:Im happy theres no belt on the line

Oh but it is....

http://www.examiner.com/x-5699-NY-Boxin ... y-Pacquiao
I got to say Pac fans are the worst, actually I should say that filipinos who stay on the nuts of their country man are the worst.

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

the belt isnt officially up yet. cotto doesnt want to pay the sanctioning fees(it wasnt in the contract) so it might not be up . i dont think it should be since the fight should be at 147 if the belts up. im sayin if cotto's belt is up, pacs should be too. but then again thats the nature of the business