The Official MMA Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Jay Hieron is in discussions with Strikeforce to fight Nick Diaz, and Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Gegard Mousasi has been moved to the August 15th Carano vs. Cyborg card. Now I'll get to see Mousasi fight without paying a cent for it- Affliction folds, I benefit (well, kinda). The fight will also be for Bablu's Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Title.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15648/renato- ... aug-15.mma

Elias

Post by Elias »

wow. that's awesome. Great news!

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:im hoping cro cop goes to LHW
Honestly I think Cro Cop wouldn't make it far at 205, the talent is a lot deeper at LHW than HW

Elias

Post by Elias »

Who knows with Crocop. I haven't really seen the old CroCop for more than a few years. If he is Crocop circa 2000 I think he's devastating. If not...not.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Rumors are that on Friday UFC will announce the signing of Fedor.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

yup
A source close to Fedor Emelianenko's camp has confirmed exclusively to FiveKnuckles.com, rumors that UFC President Dana White will announce the signing of Emelianenko at a press conference scheduled for this Friday.

The information was first broken by the LA Times.

Our source tells us that a fight between Emelianenko and Brock Lesnar is in preliminary discussions for UFC 103, which is set for Dallas, TX on Sept. 19 and would be for Lesnar's UFC heavyweight title.

Emelianenko (30-1) is currently considered by most MMA insiders to be the world's greatest heavyweight fighter. The former PRIDE heavyweight champion is virtually unbeaten, his only loss coming via disqualification against Tsuyoshi Kohsaka in a fight that was later avenged in brutal fashion. He's defeated a who's who of MMA stars and champions including former UFC champions Andrei Arlovski, Tim Sylvia, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (2x), Mark Coleman and Kevin Randleman. Emelianenko was scheduled to face his third former UFC heavyweight champion in a row at Affliction: "Trilogy" before opponent Josh Barnett tested positive for steroids which essentially canceled the fight, the show, and Affliction's promotion aspirations.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

holy shit

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

SuperFeen wrote:holy shit

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

God i hope this is true.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

kato

Post by kato »

Russian wrote:i too was excited for Fedya, until

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15663/report- ... source.mma
I can't believe M1 fools...

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

Fedor is actin like a bitch, nobody gives a fuck about m1.... strike force aint gonna make it.. No one cares about his sorry ass prospects who can't even beat mark coleman.... I know he's the greatest and I'm a huge fan of his.... but come the fuck on already...you aint bigger than the sport... And no one else besides the ufc can give him close to what he wants.. And lmfao @ his mgr talkin bout suing affliction... This is a bunch of bullshit, get in tha cage or go blow some snow

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

Aleksander already wants to put distance between Fedor and his jew manager, but evidently Fedor is standing by dude. At least publicly. Can't wait til Friday.

ape9

Post by ape9 »

its whatever.. I wish Fedor best of luck on what he decides to do here on out... but dude needs to fight in the UFC

I hope BJ takes a win but Kenny is a beast...

and I got Anderson by Decision..

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

Russian wrote:http://sherdog.com/videos/recent/Strike ... Works-2033

lets all hope this wont happen
Word.
It'd be like LeBron signing a 5-year deal with the Bobcats.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Aleks needs to put a hit out on his brothers manager.

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

Ramen wrote:Aleks needs to put a hit out on his brothers manager.
Not a bad idea.
Aleks is actually Vory V Zakone, no?
But the contract/control/etc, likely lies with Finklechtein's organization, not himself.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

Good read.
Dana White should have never let one Jew with Chutzpah to downgrade his view of Russians.

On some real sh!t, I think this whole thing will eventually boil down to Fedor and Vadim settling for:
1. a larger share of PPV dollars
2. a guaranteed 3-4mil per fight
3. minimal M-1 promotion, limited to Fedor's gear and entrance Graphics. Bruce Buffer will introduce Fedor as fighting for M-1 Global.
4. Minimal undercard fights for Red Devil/M-1 fighters.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

jew not jew, this dude is trying to make money just like Dana White

Elias

Post by Elias »

Jew has nothing to do with it.......money does. I'm not sure why Fedor stays with Finklestein.....except for the millions he has made him while NOT signing for UFC. However, his options look a bit more limited now. I doubt Strikeforce has "Fedor" money.

Lesnar made $400000 for his fight with Mir.

Fedor made 600,000 for his last two fights....although it is rumored that he actually made a million for each fight.
1.6 million for each fight but the money was sent to Russia instead of paid here. If that is true, then he's doing well. That said, however, Fedor by NOT coming to the UFC right away will still probably pull a 3 fight contract worth 1.5 million. Even if he gets beat he can fight Brock, Randy Cotoure, and rematch Cro Cop. If he beats Brock though, then it's probably Randy for sure and then Shane Carwin or Cain V or something.

Either way, he's not hurting for money---I would like to see Aleksander E. in the UFC though. Why is he not fighting in the US or at all outside of Russia? anyone know?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Elias wrote:I would like to see Aleksander E. in the UFC though. Why is he not fighting in the US or at all outside of Russia? anyone know?
Ruskie has HEP.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Ramen wrote:
Elias wrote:I would like to see Aleksander E. in the UFC though. Why is he not fighting in the US or at all outside of Russia? anyone know?
Ruskie has HEP.
:lol: seriously?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

yep plus the swastika tatted on his knee isn't good for his marketing

ummm I think Fedor can find big money fights anywhere, Overeem vs. Fedor would do good numbers and Fedor already makes somewhere around 1.2 million a fight.

Besides Fedor vs. Brock what other big fights could UFC offer him, esp. cus they want to pay him based off ppv revenue fedor vs. carwin, fedor vs. Santos, Fedor vs. GG, none of those are big drawers Fedor vs. Crocop would prolly do bigger numbers for the UFC and cro cop is washed up
UBM CD COMING SOON

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:yep plus the swastika tatted on his knee isn't good for his marketing

ummm I think Fedor can find big money fights anywhere, Overeem vs. Fedor would do good numbers and Fedor already makes somewhere around 1.2 million a fight.

Besides Fedor vs. Brock what other big fights could UFC offer him, esp. cus they want to pay him based off ppv revenue fedor vs. carwin, fedor vs. Santos, Fedor vs. GG, none of those are big drawers Fedor vs. Crocop would prolly do bigger numbers for the UFC and cro cop is washed up

you know

I can close my eyes and see Fedya in place of Cro Cop getting KTOed by Ganzaga. Shit can happen to ANYONE.

TKOs like that can break a fighter, Cro Cop is a prime example.

I am scared for Fedya if he joins UFC.

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

Russian wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:yep plus the swastika tatted on his knee isn't good for his marketing

you know

I can close my eyes and see Fedya in place of Cro Cop getting KTOed by Ganzaga. Shit can happen to ANYONE.

TKOs like that can break a fighter, Cro Cop is a prime example.

I am scared for Fedya if he joins UFC.
They can make aleks wear a neoprene knee sleeve to cover the tat, or they could explain it has different meaning in russian prison.
All for another Fedor vs. Cro Cop i nthe UFC this time.

And word, that Gonzaga KO was :ohsh:, he's the most underrated HW in MMA right now. Tendon strength/speed.

And don't be too worried , everyone else in the UFc will be so shook of Fedor walking into the ring, that Fedor will have a better chance to end fights earlier than he already does.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

i see brock overpowering him though, and that scares me