AWWW SHIT - MICHAEL VICK WORKING OUT FOR THA PATRIOTS?

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

dat piff

AWWW SHIT - MICHAEL VICK WORKING OUT FOR THA PATRIOTS?

Post by dat piff »

Miami Herald is reporting that he's on the field and other sources earlier had him in Logan Airport

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/rollout/ ... riots.html

SOURCES: VICK WORKING OUT FOR PATRIOTS

Three years ago, the idea of Michael Vick and Tom Brady on the same roster would have been unfathomable. Today, it could become a reality.

Vick is currently working out for the Patriots staff at Gillette Stadium, a very reliable NFL source just told me. The source said, as of 3:30 p.m., Vick was on the field attempting to display that he remains one of the most athletic players the NFL had seen prior to his arrest.

Keep in mind, Iג€™ve kept a close eye on ProFootballTalk.com, and I also read Tom Curranג€™s comments about the matter (ג€œYou can rule out that Michael Vick is in the building with the Patriots now. You can also rule out that he was there earlier in the day or that he will be there later.ג€)

As a result, I have continued to peck at my source, asking the person multiple times in multiple conversations to check and re-check the information. And while I have the utmost respect for Curranג€™s reporting, Iג€™m now comfortable enough to go with this based on a forwarded e-mail I received from that source.

A second source has now also confirmed it.

Now for some background on what else has gone down today related to this story. But keep in mind, the information I learned is NOT a result of any interpretation of Bill Belichick's comment, but rather independent information that has nothing to do with the comments at all. Earlier in Foxboro, Belichick was asked whether he or the organization had ruled out signing Vick. Iג€™ll post below an excerpt from a story by Chris Gasper of the Boston Globe:

"Have we ruled it out? I don't know that it's ruled in or ruled out. I'm not not answering your question. I'm saying I don't think it's ever been put that way, so I can't really answer that."

The follow-up question was then whether he was interested in signing Vick.

"You know I think we would consider..." said Belichick, before seemingly reversing field. "We're coaching the players that we have on the field right now, so that's who is here. So, anybody who isn't here is there potential that they could be here? Yeah, there probably is. But right now they're not.

"We're coaching the 80 players that are here, so until we get somebody else we're coaching them. When we get somebody else in here, which I'm sure at some point we will, then we'll coach them and the players that are here. Who that's going to be? Right now, it's the 80 players who are here. That's all I can tell you."

When it was pointed out to Belichick that it didn't sound like he was ruling the 29-year-old Vick out, he repeated his refrain of coaching the players he had in camp.

"I'm coaching the players that are here that are on this team. That's what we do. I'm not coaching anybody else. I'm sure at some point somebody else will be here. I don't know who that is going to be. If I knew, they'd already be here."

Yes, this one could really go down. Soon. Stay tuned.
Last edited by dat piff on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

an-also

Post by an-also »

This is what i wrote a week ago :gyeah:
an-also wrote:Vick could be highly useful to the pats. Bellicheck could scheme some formation plays for vick for sure

citizen

Post by citizen »

bellicheck should do some kind of arkansas style two QB setup, where you never knew what was gonna happen

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

i'd be surprised if bob kraft let this happen considering the negative publicity this will generate. but i'm definitely not opposed to the idea.

dat piff

Post by dat piff »

Julius Seizure wrote:i'd be surprised if bob kraft let this happen considering the negative publicity this will generate. but i'm definitely not opposed to the idea.
Everybody hates us anyway, so I don't see it being that big a deal, we do live in a place where this shit would be acceptable... He would be a sweet ass backup... just in case Brady isn't as ready as he should be

Got news reports all over saying he is here and saying he isn't... Either way, I'm keeping my dog inside
ImageImageImage

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

no diggity

Elias

Post by Elias »

I hope Vick gets another chance to make a life for himself and use his talents. I would prefer he go to a team where he could flourish, in a system tailored to his skill set, but beggers can't be choosers.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

i can only see him being successful as a qb in a Vikings type system of run the ball every down
UBM CD COMING SOON

dat piff

Post by dat piff »

Think this news of him being with the pats was bullshit but hell it woulda been cool to have him as a backup
ImageImageImage

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

dat piff wrote:Think this news of him being with the pats was bullshit but hell it woulda been cool to have him as a backup
Yeah John Clayton reported that Vick was in bankruptcy court today.

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

It was complete B.S.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

some dipshit saw cleo lemon working out for the pats and had reporters believing it was vick.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Vick should go to Miami. He'd be a good fit in their wildcat offense.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.