Philaflava Fantasy Basketball League (Free)

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Philaflava Fantasy Basketball League (Free)

Post by Philaflava »

Same rules as last year. Spots will fill up fast.

League ID#: 157421
League Name: Philaflava B-Ballin'
Password: larrybrown
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Tue Oct 13 10:15pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 3
Trade End Date: March 4, 2010
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 5
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Divisions: No
Playoff Seeding Options: All teams seeded according to overall standings
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Players Stat Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Assist/Turnover Ratio (A/T)
ADVERTISEMENT

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Anyone who was 30 GB last year is not invited to play this year. It doesn't make for good head 2 head and obviously you just aren't cut out for this shit. It's no fun when people have automatic byes.

7. Autonomous Marxists 60-128-1 .320 58
9. '95-'96 BULLS 61-123-5 .336 55
10. roy johnson 86-100-3 .463 31
11. FightingIrish 86-102-1 .458 32
12. And187 65-120-4 .354 51.5

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Philaflava wrote:Anyone who was 30 GB last year is not invited to play this year. It doesn't make for good head 2 head and obviously you just aren't cut out for this shit.
:lol:

:copy:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Anyone for once a week roster updates?

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Philaflava wrote:Anyone who was 30 GB last year is not invited to play this year. It doesn't make for good head 2 head and obviously you just aren't cut out for this shit. It's no fun when people have automatic byes.

7. Autonomous Marxists 60-128-1 .320 58
9. '95-'96 BULLS 61-123-5 .336 55
10. roy johnson 86-100-3 .463 31
11. FightingIrish 86-102-1 .458 32
12. And187 65-120-4 .354 51.5
LOL. You got a lot of nerve, man. 14 games under .500 ain't that catastrophic. It was a gay year, to be sure, but it's not like I haven't performed well in basketball leagues before, Gloss. It's my best sport, for Christ's sake.

Guess I'll have to look for another league to join. :owens:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i'm down either way, weekly or daily, but i prefer daily

but i understand if yall wanna do weekly
Nets 2022

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Daily roster options, without question. There's always gonna be some fluky shit that happens during the course of the week. Think about the people that draft Luol Deng, Jermaine O'Neal, Amare Stoudamire, etc. Oh wait, I'm talking about my team from last year.

:fail:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Roy Johnson wrote:
LOL. You got a lot of nerve, man. 14 games under .500 ain't that catastrophic. It was a gay year, to be sure, but it's not like I haven't performed well in basketball leagues before, Gloss. It's my best sport, for Christ's sake.
Roy Johnson wrote: draft Luol Deng, Jermaine O'Neal, Amare Stoudamire, etc.

:fail:
Nets 2022

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Here's my team from last year:

Devin Harris
Brandon Roy
Russell Westbrook
DJ Augustin
Ronnie Brewer
Michael Beasley
Luol Deng
Amare Stoudamire
Yao Ming
Jermaine O'Neal
Joakim Noah
Kevin Love

Plus some other homos like Chalmers, Conley, Outlaw, etc.

That could have been a really dope squad, yo.

I have a bad habit of stocking my squads with a lot of first and second year players. Drafted Beasley pretty high - not a good pick, by any means.

Would have drafted Derrick Rose, but I already had Devin Harris and Brandon Roy in the fold. I still ended up with Westbrook in the latter rounds, though.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Roy Johnson wrote:Here's my team from last year:

Devin Harris
Brandon Roy
Russell Westbrook
DJ Augustin
Ronnie Brewer
Michael Beasley
Luol Deng
Amare Stoudamire
Yao Ming
Jermaine O'Neal
Joakim Noah
Kevin Love

Plus some other homos like Chalmers, Conley, Outlaw, etc.

That could have been a really dope squad, yo.

I have a bad habit of stocking my squads with a lot of first and second year players. Drafted Beasley pretty high - not a good pick, by any means.

Would have drafted Derrick Rose, but I already had Devin Harris and Brandon Roy in the fold. I still ended up with Westbrook in the latter rounds, though.
half the team is 1st or 2nd year players, and every forward/center/big man you picked is either injury prone or a 1st/2nd yr player
Nets 2022

Mike BLAOWery

Post by Mike BLAOWery »

i dont' know about you, rzn

yao was tremendous last year

but i wouldn't have touched jermaine o'neal with a 10 foot pole.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Mike BLAOWery wrote:i dont' know about you, rzn

yao was tremendous last year

but i wouldn't have touched jermaine o'neal with a 10 foot pole.
yea nevermind on yao via hindsight, but you know the history

also add luol deng and amare to players i would nver draft along with jermaine
Nets 2022

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Reason wrote:also add luol deng and amare to players i would nver draft along with jermaine
Luol Deng had averaged 70 games per season over four years before 08/09. It ended up being an awful pick, don't get me wrong, but man, I couldn't pass up that 18 PPG/7 REB/2.5 AST/1.2 STL/48% FG/78% FT potential.

You'd have avoided Amare Stoudamire last year because he got poked in the eye? For real?

The Jermaine O'Neal pick was just my inner meathead callin' the shots. He's been one of my favorite players in the league for several years now. Plus, the 75% FT potential out of a PF/C slot really had me hoping that he'd play 70 games, which he did, but most of 'em were underwhelming. He's still only 30 years old, however, so I'd almost be willing to take a shot on him once again (provided that it's not one of my first 10 picks). Fuck the bullshit, son. :gyeah:

But yeah, I drafted a few too many first and second year players last season, but it was awfully hard for me not to be intrigued with what seemed like an overabundance of good young players.

rooski

Post by rooski »

Roy Johnson wrote:The Jermaine O'Neal pick was just my inner meathead callin' the shots. He's been one of my favorite players in the league for several years now. Plus, the 75% FT potential out of a PF/C slot really had me hoping that he'd play 70 games, which he did, but most of 'em were underwhelming. He's still only 30 years old, however, so I'd almost be willing to take a shot on him once again (provided that it's not one of my first 10 picks). Fuck the bullshit, son. :gyeah:
:naswtf:

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

rooski wrote:
Roy Johnson wrote:The Jermaine O'Neal pick was just my inner meathead callin' the shots. He's been one of my favorite players in the league for several years now. Plus, the 75% FT potential out of a PF/C slot really had me hoping that he'd play 70 games, which he did, but most of 'em were underwhelming. He's still only 30 years old, however, so I'd almost be willing to take a shot on him once again (provided that it's not one of my first 10 picks). Fuck the bullshit, son. :gyeah:
up yours, rooski.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Roy Johnson wrote:
rooski wrote:
up yours, rooski.
rooski is a pacers fan. we get to question anyone who claims JO to be a favorite player. for all intents and purposes, he was a bust and didn't deserve max money.

also regarding deng, 70 games a season = injury prone. you're missing 12 out of 82 games. that's a significant chunk - especially if all twelve are during your fantasy season...AND i base things off the season before the one i'm about to draft, and he played 60 something games that year

and yes i never wanted amare after his microfracture surgery. fuck his eye. i didn't want him and he was on my non draft list since he got that surgery

if you recall even that year managers everywhere held on to him all year and he came back and had like three amazing games and then was shelved for the rest of the year. i learned from that and refused. thank god too
Nets 2022

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Reason wrote:rooski is a pacers fan. we get to question anyone who claims JO to be a favorite player. for all intents and purposes, he was a bust and didn't deserve max money.
Jermaine averaged 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks for six consecutive years (2001-2007). He was the bomb on both ends of the court.

I can't believe you didn't know that, being a Pacers fan and all.
Reason wrote:also regarding deng, 70 games a season = injury prone. you're missing 12 out of 82 games. that's a significant chunk - especially if all twelve are during your fantasy season...AND i base things off the season before the one i'm about to draft, and he played 60 something games that year
I can live with Deng missing 12% to 15% of the season. It's not like he was that high of a pick.
Reason wrote:and yes i never wanted amare after his microfracture surgery. fuck his eye. i didn't want him and he was on my non draft list since he got that surgery

if you recall even that year managers everywhere held on to him all year and he came back and had like three amazing games and then was shelved for the rest of the year. i learned from that and refused. thank god too
None of this makes any sense. Amare's injury was of the fluky variety.

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Post by Snuggles the DESTROYER »

Rowdy Ronny Turiaf.

Its my goal to draft the 2004-05 Suns.

Yes, Casey Jacobsen. I don't care if he is in Germany.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

A few more spots left...

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

DEAR ROY JOHNSON,

STOP BEING A FUCKING DUMB FAGGOT.
YOU KEEP MENTIONING STATS AS YOUR BACKUP YET YOU ONLY MENTION THE ONES THAT HELP YOUR CAUSE. STOP BEING A DEFENSIVE FAGGOT. FIRST, IT'S NOT ABOUT NUMBERS ALL THE TIME, AND SECOND, YOU ARE NOT EVEN CONSIDERING THE NUMBERS THAT MATTER MORE. (LIKE HOW MANY FUCKING FINALS APPEARANCES LET ALONE TITLES DID JERMAINE O'NEAL BRING ME?)

I AM GOING TO USE CAPS LOCK BECAUSE YOU ARE BEING THE BIGGEST FAGGOT ASS RETARD IN RECENT SPORTS BAR MEMORY. PHILAFLAVA CALLED YOU OUT FOR HAVING A SHITTY TEAM AND INSTEAD OF SHEEPISHLY ADMITTING IT OR JUST TAKING AN L, YOU HAD TO ARGUE BY POSTING YOUR SQUAD WHICH ONLY CONFIRMED YOUR SHITTY DRAFTING ABILITY (LAST YR AT LEAST).
Roy Johnson wrote:
Reason wrote:rooski is a pacers fan. we get to question anyone who claims JO to be a favorite player. for all intents and purposes, he was a bust and didn't deserve max money.
Jermaine averaged 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks for six consecutive years (2001-2007). He was the bomb on both ends of the court.

I can't believe you didn't know that, being a Pacers fan and all.

DON'T FUCKING TALK ABOUT JERMAINE O'NEAL TO ME. I AGONIZED FOR ALMOST A DECADE WATCHING THIS FAGGOT BE OVERRATED. THE YEAR HE FINISHED 3RD IN THE MVP VOTING WAS A COMPLETE FARCE. VOTERS WERE DUMB FAGZ LIKE YOU WHO GO "OH MY! HE AVERAGED 20 AND 10 (EVEN THOUGH IT WAS BARELY 20 AND BARELY TEN IN BOTH CATS)! HE'S THE BOMB YO!"

you dumb fucking faggots. he got sonned EVERY FUCKING PLAYOFFS. kenyon martin? sonned him. dywane wade? sonned him. the entire pistons squad? SONNED him. EVERY PLAYOFFS HE WAS FUCKING SONNED. he was a weak faggot who shot WAY TOO MANY 18 footers. he shot 49% that year he went 3rd in mvp voting.

he was never a superstar despite dumb fucks like you saying he was simply becuase he barely averaged 20 and 10 in a big-man depleted year. YOU RELY WAY TOO HEAVILY ON STATISTICS AND YET YOU DON'T EVEN CONSIDER THE WHOLE PICTURE. he fucking played 77 games a year those first 3 years you quoted from 2001 to 2007. the lsat four years of that stretch he averaged like 45-50 games.

jermaine o'neal was an overrated injury-prone non-go-to-guy faggot ass bitch, and you keep defending your pick because you are most likely the same. if you really want to try to confirm that your pick of him was good after he played like 45 games a year the five years before you picked him and he steadily declined every year, then you truly are dumber than i ever thought

A LOT of the criticism i just threw on you was performance/playoffs based, but even statistically just for fantasy purposes, you would have to be the dumbest mutherfucker alive to draft JO too high because he was not only the definition of career decline but also SO INJURY PRONE HOW BLIND CAN YOU BE

Roy Johnson wrote:
None of this makes any sense. Amare's injury was of the fluky variety.
YOU ARE A FUCKING DUMBASS. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT HIS EYE INJURY YOU TERRIBLE-AT-READING MORON HE MISSED AN ENTIRE SEASON BECAUSE OF A KNEE INJURY AND MICROFRACTURE SURGERY. HOW IS THAT FLUKY YOU DUMB FUCK? GOD YOU ARE TOO DUMB NOT TO YELL AT. YOU WON'T ADMIT IT BUT I WILL SAY IT FOR YOU: ROY JOHNSON IS BEING UNREASONABLY DEFENSIVE AND COMPLETELY IGNORANT TO HOW MUCH OF A DOUCHEBAG HE IS BEING RIGHT NOW.

/endrant
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

stop confirming all the disses hayzoos put onto you about being an excessive stat guy. you really are too
Nets 2022

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

I think they have medication for that.

Still a damn good post, though, albeit not really from a basketball perspective.

Amare would have been perfectly healthy the last few seasons if not for fluke eye injuries, and as you know, he is extremely dominant when healthy. Shit, the 05/06 knee thing seems like ancient history. I couldn't pass him up at the #4 overall pick, especially after an incredible 07/08 season.

You're also underrating Jermaine O'Neal's Pacer career to the point where you come off as completely absurd.

But you know, it's hard to reason with crazy people.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

do not go to roy johnson for fantasy basketball advice. that's all i'm saying.
Nets 2022

rooski

Post by rooski »

haha

Reason went a little nuts, but he's right about O'Neal.

By the way, he shot 43% not 49% in 03/04. He never shot better than 48% as a Pacer.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Reason wrote:do not go to roy johnson for fantasy basketball advice. that's all i'm saying.
^ reason after he took his medication

But anyway, there are very few veteran players that have a clean history as far as injuries are concerned. You're gonna have to take risks at some point.

You are a complete fucking fraud for not knowing that Jermaine O'Neal was a really dope player for the better part of this decade, though. Seriously, what's wrong with you? Aside from being bipolar, that is.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

you're so blind and dumb if you really think jermaine was that good and i don't think you watched more than 1% of the playoff games jermaine played you defensive stubborn mule
Nets 2022

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Reason wrote:you're so blind and dumb if you really think jermaine was that good and i don't think you watched more than 1% of the playoff games jermaine played you defensive stubborn mule
Why do you think that Jermaine O'Neal made six consecutive all star teams from 2002 to 2007? Was it because of people like me that only watch 1% of playoff games?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Roy Johnson wrote:
Reason wrote:you're so blind and dumb if you really think jermaine was that good and i don't think you watched more than 1% of the playoff games jermaine played you defensive stubborn mule
Why do you think that Jermaine O'Neal made six consecutive all star teams from 2002 to 2007? Was it because of people like me that only watch 1% of playoff games?
so your first basis for an argument is ppg and rpg and bpg and NOTHING ELSE INTO consideration like his shitty playoff performances, his missing half a season for three or four years, and the fact that he shot from the outside too much hurting the team and killing the offense

and now your second basis for an argument is that he made six consecutive all star teams? are you fucking serious? you expect me to be swayed and reverse all those painful memories of JO coming up short or acting like a fucking clown and punching some fat chubby 5'9 drunk piston fan because he was a center in the east that had barely any viable big men let alone all-star caliber big men and he made all-star teams? really? you know the all-star game is voted by fans, right? dumb fans like you right?
Nets 2022

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

The medication is starting to wear off.

You should never, ever talk about basketball, reason. None of your points are valid, and when someone refutes your nonsense, you go ballistic like the fucking nutjob that you are.

LOL at getting upset just because someone praises Jermaine O'Neal, as if he wasn't a force on both ends of the court for the better part of this decade. You win at life.

Why don't you go mod yourself, faggot.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Roy Johnson wrote:The medication is starting to wear off.

You should never, ever talk about basketball, reason. None of your points are valid, and when someone refutes your nonsense, you go ballistic like the fucking nutjob that you are.

LOL at getting upset just because someone praises Jermaine O'Neal, as if he wasn't a force on both ends of the court for the better part of this decade. You win at life.

Why don't you go mod yourself, faggot.
hahahah you're a dumb defensive bitch and your e-breakdown is getting worse with each backpedaling defensive post. you are delusional. jermaine o'neal put up numbers. that is all you see and all you base your argument on. he was not a winner when it counted and made countless poor decisions at critical moments. YOU are being the unreasonable asshole who won't even acknowledge that he's not evena fucking pacers fan. i've watched more pacers games during o'neals career than you have watched nba games. YOU ARE THE ONE PEOPLE MADE FUN OF FOR TALKING ABOUT YOUR NBA2K8 RATINGS NOW SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU LIVING EMBODIMENT OF ANAL SEX
Nets 2022