Official NFL Offseason Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

VideoKilledThe wrote:I care about the 40 times, and the bench press, but it's by no means the be all and end all. Game tape > Combine results. It's all popcorn in the pan, some of them pop, some of've don't.

There are so many variables that go into a player succeeding, it's foolish to get so excited every year, but that's what makes the NFL, and sports in general, great, the chance that this year could be the year your team drafts that guy who changes everything.

I was so excited we got Crabtree last year, and look what happened with that. This could be his year though...
yeah I think Crabtree is gonna be just fine, was a good pick

I actually talk Niners cause one of my friend is a die hard fan

I got like 6-8 real good friends and only 1 is an Iggles fan

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Mo Cheeks wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:No one has mentioned that Tebow ran a 6.66 in the cones?
you are Tebows # 1 fan, 99% of your threads in this forum are about him
No, I am Tebows number one hater and you better believe when his 8 wonderlic comes out I will be posting on that too.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

VideoKilledThe wrote:I care about the 40 times, and the bench press, but it's by no means the be all and end all. Game tape > Combine results. It's all popcorn in the pan, some of them pop, some of've don't.
Close but it goes combine medical tests >game tapes> combine interviews> combine physical events for BCS conference players.

For non BCS and Div2 and down the combine is at least as important if not more so as game tape.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Cromartie to the jets for a 2011 3rd round pick which could change to a 2nd

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

nice move IMO

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

good luck with that.

an-also

Post by an-also »

panthers cut delhomme

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Cromartie is a great fit for the Jets. Big, physical CB who likes to play man coverage. With Revis on the other side and the Jets blitzing scheme you better believe a gambling CB like Cromartie will have plenty of int opportunities. I could easily see him returning to Pro Bowl form.

For a 3rd rounder is a great deal, and if it does get knocked up to a 2nd that means he played great so you can't even really be mad at that.

The Jets look more and more dangerous with every move they make. Bringing in Rex and Bart, drafting Sanchez and Shonn Green, building around Revis, trading for Braylon and Cromartie, not to mention they have one of the best O-lines in the game...props to them.

Somewhere Tom Brady is pissed...

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

an-also wrote:Cromartie to the jets for a 2011 3rd round pick which could change to a 2nd
Cromartie is a 1 year rental who hasn't been playing good for a while. I don't think Cromartie playing at the level he has been playing at is worth a 2nd round pick. If he does play to his potential it could be ugly and Ryan will go even more crazy with the blitzes. The one thing that will kill them is if they over blitz and the RB gets past first line of defense you already know Cromartie isnt going to save them from the long run.

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Cromartie is a great fit for the Jets. Big, physical CB who likes to play man coverage.
um, no.

i dont know a single charger fan who is sad about cromartie leaving for this very reason. the guy makes deon sanders look like ray lewis.

while this is the most recent, and most publicized bitch move of his, he was being doing this kind of shit for three years now:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=for ... age=1&pc=4

like i said before, goodluck with him, all kinds of potential if he learns how to play with pads. but he will certainly not be missed

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

ummm...by physical I meant a guy who likes to play bump and run.

His lack of tackling has been well documented.

Charger fans should maybe stop crying about Cromartie not wanting to get his jersey dirty, and start wondering why the rest of their defense was getting completely destroyed at the line of scrimmage.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Giants need to sign Antrelle Rolle and draft Rolando McClain right now.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:Giants need to sign Antrelle Rolle and draft Rolando McClain right now.
co-signed on Rolle. Imagine a healthy KP coming back and playing with Rolle again... :ohsh:

As for MLB, McClain is nice, however, I heard that Kirk Morrison can be had from the Raiders for a 3rd round pick.

I haven't watched many Raider games, but looking at his numbers he looks pretty solid. What are your thoughts on him?

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Antonio Cromartie :naswtf: :owens: :rofl: :lol: :blaowarrow: :wtf: :err: :ghey: :shittylikesometp: :lbass: :fail: :thebest: :cas: :ignore: :winter: :epic: :puke:

He's Drew Coleman if Drew Coleman was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time 10 times one year.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Chester Taylor reaches agreement with Bears on a four-year, $12.5 million deal that includes $7 million gtd in year one

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Taylor and Peppers :ohsh: ????

The bizarro Bears. Last season Cutler, now this? Ted Phillips was just talking last week about how they didn't want to make any big moves. Also, looks like the Bears are going to get rid of Greg Olsen for a draft pick cause Martz doesn't think he will fit in. All in all, I'm happy. This is upcoming season is pretty much it for Lovie and Jerry Angelo, so fuck it, they might as well go for broke.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

starting in 2 or 3 years the bears are going to be a ugly team for a long time.. I thought they need a offensive line before anything else, it wasn't all Forte's fault

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Big Ben with another sexual assault.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

So glad the Bears locked so much money into that heartless faggot.

Good move with Taylor though. It should make Forte a lot better.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

an-also wrote:panthers cut delhomme
THIS, IS WHAT THE FUCK IS UP! :gyeah:

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Bears lose anyway, they got Mike Martz, and they fucking suck

an-also

Post by an-also »

blastmaster wrote:So glad the Bears locked so much money into that heartless faggot.

Good move with Taylor though. It should make Forte a lot better.
Not looking forward to facing Peppers and Allen 4 times a year. TT better get the O-Line mess figured out this offseason. We have a potential Top 5 qb in the league for the next decade. He needs to get protected.
Last edited by an-also on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Ravens acquired WR Anquan Boldin and a 2010 fifth-round pick from the Cardinals in exchange for third- and fourth-round picks in this year's draft.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Fuck if i want kirk morrison for if you can get rolando mcclain. Dwight, you can't be serious, right?

rooski

Post by rooski »

an-also wrote:Ravens acquired WR Anquan Boldin and a 2010 fifth-round pick from the Cardinals in exchange for third- and fourth-round picks in this year's draft.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

:owens: :owens: :owens: :owens: :owens:

:owens: :owens: :owens: :owens: :owens:

an-also

Post by an-also »

so did the bears really give Peppers a 91 mil contract with 41 guaranteed ???

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:so did the bears really give Peppers a 91 mil contract with 41 guaranteed ???
they sure did. it seems like a reckless move, but the bears had to do something. when they sold the farm to get cutler, then the gaines adams trade, they had to acquire talent somehow.

my problem is peppers disappears for 3 games until he has a multi sack game.

i thought the bears should try to improve their OL or secondary before DL and running back.

it's even more :naswtf: that they paid chester the way they did. there are a plethora of good backup running backs in the league.

7 mill guaranteed for the first year??
94 rushing attemps for 338 yards at 3.6 yards per carry, 1 TD, and 30 years old

seems like too much money for a change of pace back.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

The Cardinals lose 4 starters Kurt Warner, Boldin, Antrelle Rolle, and Dansby.

Great news for Niners fans.

GLUS

Post by GLUS »

buffalo wants larry foote, he will prolly end up in washington or arizona tho

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

You guys are right - Peppers and Taylor got too much money. Meanwhile, the OL and secondary are the foremost team weaknesses.

This is still very exciting, though. :gyeah:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?