NBA 09-10 Playoffs: First Round Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Dirk had an incredible game one shooting 12-14 from the field plus a bunch of fts, so much so that Poppa employed a hack-a-dampier just to keep the ball out of his hands.

Westbrook's defense puts Rose to shame.

:lol: at ER having Paul in the top 5 but no Kobe. Deron is without question the best PG in the league, anyone who doubts that is living in the past.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Hayzoos wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:
Reason wrote:westbrook vs. rose is the new williams vs. paul
No.

I like Westbrook a lot, but no.
Westbrook will be better very very soon, if not already.
:rofl:
You ever heard of something called defense?

Also, Westbrook is a way better distributor and I love the way he scores. Using you body to get to the whole almost always ends up being the better method (Lebron).
VideoKilledThe wrote:Dirk had an incredible game one shooting 12-14 from the field plus a bunch of fts, so much so that Poppa employed a hack-a-dampier just to keep the ball out of his hands.
Yea, he did have a great game, but like usual it did not continue into the 4th quarter. I would bet money that his point per 4th quarter is way less then 25% of his ppg in the playoffs. It sounds weird, but when you think about it he is the only offensive superstar you can really make this bet about, which is a horrible thing.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

naturalborn103 wrote:I didn't see the Spurs-Mavs game but I just looked up some #s for it. Nowitzki disappeared like usual in the 4th. 36 points and only 4 in the 4th quarter. They will never win anything when their best scorer and super star player does not step it up at all in the 4th. This is why they lost vs. Nuggets last year, he avg like 36 points for the series and only avg like 4 points in 4th quarter.
Dirk was the leading 4th quarter scorer in the league this season.

Mother fucker went off all game.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Positive A wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:I didn't see the Spurs-Mavs game but I just looked up some #s for it. Nowitzki disappeared like usual in the 4th. 36 points and only 4 in the 4th quarter. They will never win anything when their best scorer and super star player does not step it up at all in the 4th. This is why they lost vs. Nuggets last year, he avg like 36 points for the series and only avg like 4 points in 4th quarter.

Where you see that? Lets see how he does in playoffs.. So far he has already disappeared in one game. He had 32 points going into 4th quarter while shooting the lights out, and only finished with 36.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pzjjyspnW6Y&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pzjjyspnW6Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

Bron Bron

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8nQ8TK6K5rI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8nQ8TK6K5rI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Hayzoos wrote:<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pzjjyspnW6Y&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pzjjyspnW6Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
JoNo is the shit. Cleveland indeed does suck, even harder than he described. I hope the Cavs don't win again so Cleveland fans can cry some more about how they have nothing to live for or enjoy.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Noah's the man.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Positive A wrote:

Where you see that? Lets see how he does in playoffs.. So far he has already disappeared in one game. He had 32 points going into 4th quarter while shooting the lights out, and only finished with 36.
Sorry...second behind LeBron. And I've only heard/seen this on broadcasts, so don't don't put too much weight on this at all.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Blazers signed Camby to 2 year extension.
The Portland Trail Blazers have signed forward/center Marcus Camby to a two-year contract extension, it was announced today by General Manager Kevin Pritchard. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Camby posted averages of 7.0 points, 11.1 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1.13 steals, 2.04 blocked shots and 31.2 minutes in 23 games (all starts) with the Trail Blazers this season. He ranked second in the NBA in rebounds (11.8), fifth in blocked shots (1.97) and eighth in steals-to-turnover ratio (1.04) for 2009-10.

ג€œPortland felt right to me since I got here and the support from the team, fans and organization has been incredible,ג€ said Camby. ג€œIג€™m looking forward to continuing my career as a Trail Blazer and think this team can do something special.ג€

The 6-11, 235-pound NBA veteran was acquired from the L.A. Clippers on Feb. 16 in exchange for Travis Outlaw, Steve Blake and cash considerations.

ג€œMarcus has been a great fit for us and is a big reason for our success,ג€ said Pritchard. ג€œHeג€™s one of the leagueג€™s top defensive players, a consummate professional and weג€™re thrilled to see him in a Trail Blazers uniform for at least two more seasons.ג€

Camby, 36, has averaged 10.4 points, 10.0 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 2.58 blocked shots in 14 NBA seasons with Toronto, New York, Denver, L.A. Clippers and Portland.

Portland went 17-6 with Camby in the lineup to grab the No. 6 seed in the Western Conference and finish with a 50-32 record.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

interesting. oden insurance i suppose but if oden can play healthily, it'll be even more interesting. i wonder if vanilla gorilla will recover and play too.

THAT'S IT I WANT TO SEE THE FOLLOWING LINEUP FOR THE FUCK OF IT:

BATUM 6'7 PG
ALDRIDGE 6'10 SG
CAMBY 6'11 SF
PRZYBILLA 7'1 PF/C
ODEN 7'0 PF/C
Nets 2022

Stunna7516

Post by Stunna7516 »

Positive A wrote:Noah's looks like Splinter from Ninja Turtles.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Hayzoos wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:he's wrong though, unless Paul is hurt longer, he actually has a support cast though

Deron is a very strong player, Paul is top5-6

Lebron
Howard
Wade
Durant
Paul

are the 5 most valuable commodities in the league
No Kobe?

Uhhhh... :naswtf:
Kobe's old, those 5 all have much higher longterm value
Also, does anyone think this season was the shift from Lebron being #2 to #1?
nah that happened 3years ago, the last 2 he's been on his own level, its pretty laughable how people have refused to accept the fact he's not only the best, he's the best by a huge margin

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Yea, he did have a great game, but like usual it did not continue into the 4th quarter. I would bet money that his point per 4th quarter is way less then 25% of his ppg in the playoffs. It sounds weird, but when you think about it he is the only offensive superstar you can really make this bet about, which is a horrible thing.
stop being retarded, the 4th quarter isn't magically worth 3times as much, he had a great game and saying anything beyond that is dumb

if he played worse in the first 3quarters they don't go into the 4th up 7, but that doesn't mean anything right?
at ER having Paul in the top 5 but no Kobe.
I was talking long-term, but before he got hurt Paul was better than Kobe this year anyway, Kobe is horribly overrrated he's very good an alltime great but he's slipping and the days of him being a top5 player are over(at best he'll contend for the #5 spot)

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

eternalreflection wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:he's wrong though, unless Paul is hurt longer, he actually has a support cast though

Lebron
Howard
Wade
Durant
Paul

No Kobe?

Uhhhh... :naswtf:
Kobe's old, those 5 all have much higher longterm value
Also, does anyone think this season was the shift from Lebron being #2 to #1?
nah that happened 3years ago, the last 2 he's been on his own level, its pretty laughable how people have refused to accept the fact he's not only the best, he's the best by a huge margin
:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry:

:rofl: @ you saying Kobe is "slipping". How exactly has he been slipping? Has his performance and output gone down in recent years? Since when is averaging 27 5 and 5 "slipping"? Dude had like 6 game winning shots this year too.

You are the worst poster on this site, faggot.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

er, you're not being fair

kobe is dinged up

not that it would derail him from the top 5 but if lebron had a broken/dislocated finger or two and whatever else problems kobe has, he wouldn't be able to do a few things that he's doing right now, take that james johnson posterization for example
Nets 2022

an-also

Post by an-also »

lol Noah. great clip

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

noah is the man. was on some serious :owens: when the question was asked.

oh and jennings needs to go and heat up at halftime.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Will Noah get fined for this? I thought the NBA is super pussy about any negative comments.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

eternalreflection wrote:
stop being retarded, the 4th quarter isn't magically worth 3times as much, he had a great game and saying anything beyond that is dumb

if he played worse in the first 3quarters they don't go into the 4th up 7, but that doesn't mean anything right?
Shut the fuck up, for real.. You are the only person in the world who thinks the 4th quarter is not worth more then the other 3.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Blowout.. Cs up 32.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

naturalborn103 wrote:Blowout.. Cs up 32.
Putrid performance by the Heat.

Geeked for both West Conf. games now.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

naturalborn103 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:

Shut the fuck up, for real.. You are the only person in the world who thinks the 4th quarter is not worth more then the other 3.
if a team is up 7 going into it, its worth less than the previous 3, so it depends on the first 3 to how important it is

the Celtics game another example where the 4th quarter is meaningless
Last edited by eternalreflection on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Reason wrote:er, you're not being fair

kobe is dinged up

not that it would derail him from the top 5 but if lebron had a broken/dislocated finger or two and whatever else problems kobe has, he wouldn't be able to do a few things that he's doing right now, take that james johnson posterization for example
James
Howard
Wade
Durant

are all clearly better than the form Kobe has been when healthy recently so at best he's #5 when healthy

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

ron ron's doo :naswtf:

an-also

Post by an-also »

besides a few games, most of the playoffs have been zzzzz

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

naturalborn103 wrote:Yea, he did have a great game, but like usual it did not continue into the 4th quarter. I would bet money that his point per 4th quarter is way less then 25% of his ppg in the playoffs. It sounds weird, but when you think about it he is the only offensive superstar you can really make this bet about, which is a horrible thing.
You consistently play yourself with Dirk because you hold 2 series against him. You said the same shit last year but it wasn't true and people (along with myself) put up numbers to prove it.

I'm going to do it again.

http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM

and every time afterwards, you say "well let him prove it again"...

and then we do it all over again.
Last edited by Gregg Popabitch on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gregg Popabitch

Reason wrote:

Lebron
Howard
Wade
Durant
Paul

:naswtf:

you realize paul is not the same anymore because of injuries right?
Dude, you are mad quick to say that type of shit.

You need to give the dude a year, at least.

You make him prove he's worse before you assume he's worse. Don't be a judge in a court of law because innocent till proven guilty is a concept that seems foreign to you. You might put some accused rapists away even though they might not have Kobe'd anyone.

Gregg Popabitch

eternalreflection wrote:
Reason wrote:er, you're not being fair

kobe is dinged up

James
Howard
Wade
Durant

are all clearly better than the form Kobe has been when healthy recently so at best he's #5 when healthy
Durant has been better then Kobe this year.....but Kobe in the previous 4 years was better then Durant this year.

Durant may be the scoring at an ill clip and be more "efficient" but Kobe has more facets to his game. Kobe in previous years was a much better defender. Kobe is also a much better playmaker/facilitator.

Gregg Popabitch

naturalborn103 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:

The 4th quarter isn't more valuable then the other 3 quarters. It's just more pressurized in a close game. That's a horrible way to think. By placing more value on the 4th quarter, you actually place more pressure on yourself during an already pressurized situation.

The 4th quarter isn't more valuable. Players who don't feel pressure or treat every quarter like any other quarter are valuable.