Hard Knocks: NY Jets Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Fun fact: I live in the apartment complex where Dungy's son killed himself.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Tony Dungy is an idiot.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

damn cromartie got mad kids.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Nl5H wrote:damn cromartie got mad kids.
His attempt to remember all their names was hilarious.

PEACE

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

:lol: at Sanchez complaining about having to pay .59 cents for dipping sauce. You're a millionaire!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/At2-HSS3voc?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/At2-HSS3voc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ipDkGoxLtgA?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ipDkGoxLtgA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uOvv9K-5X0s?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uOvv9K-5X0s?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FesLLIz7S7Y?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FesLLIz7S7Y?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

elohim

Post by elohim »

Have a feeling(/hopin) Rex will be droppin a few more F-bombs in next Wednesday's episode after the first team offense's performance tonight.

:icedit:

Rex post game:
"I told John Fox, 'it looked like a pillow fight out there.'"

elohim

Post by elohim »

Jets & Mangold have agreed on a 7 year, $55 mil deal. It's not Revis, but really glad another of the 'core 4' is locked up long term. One less headache for a team that still has Harris, Cromartie, Edwards and Holmes all due for extensions at the end of the year.

Speaking of Revis, Tim Cowlishaw has been claiming on Twitter that Revis and the Jets have already agreed on a deal, but are waiting to reveal it until the next episode of Hard Knocks (article). Real skeptical about that, tho.

Also, thanks for reminding us you're still a fag, Tom. "Talk is cheap," indeed.
Tom Brady wrote:Honestly, I haven't turned it on. I hate the Jets, so I refuse to support that show. ... I'm sure it's great TV. I'm glad people are liking it. But that's just something that I have no interest in watching. I'd love to say a lot of mean things, but I'd rather not do that, either.
Rex Ryan wrote:Hell, he knows we hate the Patriots, so whatג€™s the difference?. ... It's great. Hey, join the club. ... My brother has a couple of Super Bowl rings so he loved Tom Brady. I donג€™t have them so I donג€™t like Tom Brady. I respect him, but I donג€™t like him.

elohim

Post by elohim »

Episode 3:
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=SJBZGUH0

Possibly my favorite so far...

'Fore we forget about the Dunge.... (:didntread: I know, but shit's pretty funny)

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/201 ... -ryan.html
Tony Dungyג€™s Visit To Camp Ryan

Mark Sanchez: Itג€™s really great you could come and visit us as we get ready for the season, Coach Dungy.

Tony Dungy: Yes, well Iג€™m looking forward to seeing just how business is conducted around here.

Sanchez: Oh, you donג€™t have to worry about that, Coach Dungy. Coach Ryan isnג€™t the brash loudmouth I think the media tends to portray him as.

Dungy: Oh really?

Sanchez: No, sir.

Dungy: So itג€™s all made up, is it?

Sanchez: Oh, yes sir. Most definitely.

Dungy: The swearing?

Sanchez: Coach Ryan may let his mouth get the best of him from time to time, but not more than most coaches Iג€™ve had.

Dungy: And what about the hookers? And the drinking? And the ritualistic animal sacrifices?

Sanchez: Total urban legend, sir. We donג€™t do any of that sort of thing around here. Itג€™s 100% football. No funny business.

Dungy: Really.

Sanchez: Yes, sir.

Dungy: Well, I certainly hope youג€™re right. Iג€™ll be making a full report of my findings here today.

Sanchez: You wonג€™t be disappointed, sir.

Dungy: And where is Coach Ryan? Iג€™m eager to meet with him.

(ground rumbles)

Sanchez: Oh, I think thatג€™s him right now. You might want to stand back.

(door flies open)

Ryan: HOW THE FUג€¦ UUUג€¦ UNKY CHICKEN YOU BOYS DOING?!

Sanchez: Hey, Coach.

Ryan: Well, well, well. Tony Dungy! Boys, did yג€™all say hey to Coach Dungy?

Everyone: Hey, Coach Dungy.

Ryan: Good to meet you, sir!

(offers Dungy his hand, Dungy ignores it)

Dungy: I plan on making a thorough inspection of the premises, Coach Ryan.

Ryan: Uh huh. Well, have a look around! Nothinג€™ queer round here, Tony! Mind if I call you The Dunge?

Dungy: Yes.

Ryan: Glad you like, Dunge. Anyway, you just go off and have yourself a look at the grounds. Iג€™ll stay here and address my boys.

Dungy: Actually, Iג€™ll stay and listen, if YOU donג€™t mind. I understand youג€™re quite the orator. Iג€™d like to see if you can inspire men without resorting to guttural language or explicit calls to violence.

Ryan: Ummג€¦ uhג€¦ okay. You sure? Cause we got a team chaplain, and Lord knows he could use someone to talk to around here.

Dungy: Iג€™ll stay.

Ryan: Suit yourself, Dunge!

Sanchez: How you doinג€™ today, Coach?

Ryan: Oh, men. MEN. Men, you would not believe the shג€¦

(looks over)

Ryan: ג€¦uhג€¦ PRAYER I had this morning!

Sanchez: Was it a big prayer?

Ryan: HUGE! Darn near clogged the church with it. Iג€™m tellinג€™ you, men. You start off the day with a PRAYER like that? A big, hulking PRAYER that breaks off and splashes you in the face? Thereג€™s no better way to start the day. I mean, you could hear me doing that PRAYER from Anchorage. Prayed like a CHAMP.

Dungy: So this was a prayer?

Ryan: MASSIVE prayer. Trust me, I was talking to God all the way through it! Now, men! First order of business today: BOUNTIES. Now, that Tom Brady has been talkinג€™ shiג€¦ ngles about us in the media. Well, I donג€™t like that sort of thing. NO ONE RUNS MY BOYS DOWN! Thatג€™s why Iג€™m putting a bounty on that man.

Ryan: And, by Bounty, of course, I mean Bounty: the delicious chocolate candy bar. From Europe, I believe. Itג€™s got dark chocolate AND coconut! Thatג€™s a real fine Bounty. Better than a Mounds, if you ask me! I want one of you to gift wrap a box and send it to Tom.

Sanchez: Really?

Ryan: Yep! Yep, thatג€™s exactly what I want! You send him a gift, to let him know that Rex Ryan believes that offering an olive branch is the dignified way to resolve any conflict! Be sure to include a few PRAYERS in the box for him as well. You got it?

Sanchez: Yes, sir.

Ryan: Second order of business: NICKNAMES. Cromartie, your new name is Dalmations.

Cromartie: Why Dalmations?

Ryan: Cause you got 101 of them! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(looks over)

Ryan: Oh, come on, that was funny.

Dungy: Thereג€™s nothing funny about the plight of African American children growing up without good fathers.

Ryan: Oh, Dalmations is a great dad! Arenג€™t ya, Dalmations?

Cromartie: Yes, sir.

Ryan: Just last week, I saw him let his three-year-old drive his Mustang! Now, you show me another dad that loves his kid enough to leave them alone with a fine, fine piece of equipment like that.

Ryan: Okay! Well then, time for the third order of businessג€¦

(looks at agenda and sees PUSSY listed third)

Ryan: Letג€™s just skip to the fourth order of business: The weekend. Now, we got the Redskins here on Friday night. So I thought, going with that theme, we all hit Foxwoods on Saturday. WHOג€™S UP FOR SOME INDIAN BLACKJACK?!

Dungy: Ahem.

Ryan: I meantג€¦ whoג€™s up for talking to some of the older Asian women there and having a serious and frank discussion of how gambling can negatively impact their lives and the lives of their children?

(looks at Dungy)

Dungy: (nods)

Sanchez: Sounds good, sir.

Ryan: Darn right it does! Sanchez, your new nickname this week is Enchilaג€¦ WORKY! Itג€™s Worky, because you work do gosh darn hard!

Sanchez: Okay, sir.

Ryan: Did you do any WORKING this weekend, Nacho? Any HARD, FORCEFUL working?

Sanchez: Well, I did some light crossfit exercisesג€¦.

Ryan: No, I meant WORK. You know, really just getting up and THRUSTING FORWARD WITH THE GREAT PLEASURE OF EFFORT?

Sanchez: Well, Iג€¦

Ryan: Oh! Oh! Oh, little Worky here went off and worked some poor co-worker half to death! THATג€™S GREAT HUSTLE!

(slaps Sanchez on ass, HARD)

Sanchez: Ouch!

Ryan: YOU TOO, DUNGE!

(slaps Dungy on ass, HARD)

Dungy: Coach Ryan! Control yourself!

Ryan: Sorry, sir. But when I find out one of my players has been working EXTRA HARD AND REAL LONG, and using some of our newer equipment and stretch bands to do it, I get very excited.

Dungy: Well, I think Iג€™ve heard enough. Iג€™d like to conduct that inspection now.

Ryan: By all means!

Dungy: (opens up field shed) What is this?

Ryan: Oh, that? Thatג€™s the voodoo doll. Yeah, I like to dress it up like that weekג€™s opponent and then we all take turns jerkiג€¦ er, HUGGING it. We hug it, to practice sportsmanship and let the other team know we mean no harm.

Dungy: You realize that voodoo dolls are used for black magic and are frowned upon by the Holy Bible?

Ryan: Well, we practice White Magic with it only. Sort of a creamy, milky white magic. No black magic of any kind!

Dungy: And what about these whips?

Ryan: Weג€¦ uhג€¦ whip ourselves if we feel we havenג€™t served the Lord well that day. Old Oklahoma school trick.

Dungy: And these?

Ryan: Those are candles.

Dungy: And who are these women in here?

Ryan: They work in PR. Must be some kind of event going on today. I donג€™t really control that stuff.

Dungy: Oh really?

Ryan: Yep!

Dungy: Do you want to know what I think, Coach Ryan?

Ryan: Sure do!

Dungy: I think you are a fraud. I think youג€™ve spent this entire day trying to deceive me, and I think you could barely muster the effort to do even that. I think you rely on unsound and immoral methods to train your men, and I do not approve. In fact, I plan on noting just that in my report. I think thisג€¦ unclean and UNHOLY way of leading men will do nothing but lead to their eventual demise. It is not an ethical way of doing business, nor will it prove an effective one. Thatג€™s what I think.

Ryan: Really.

Dungy: Really.

Ryan: Well, would you like to know what I think, Dunge?

Dungy: Iג€™m all ears.

Sanchez: Oh, shit.

Ryan: I THINK YOUג€™RE A FUCKING PIECE OF LOSER WHO SLEPT THROUGH A TITLE RUN THANKS TO HIS QB DOING ALL THE FUCKING WORK! I THINK YOUג€™RE A MORAL AMBULANCE CHASER WHO LOOKS FOR ANY GODDAMN NEWS ITEM TO COME ALONG SO YOU CAN SPOUT OFF AND SOUND LIKE FUCKING BILLY GRAHAM AND SELL BOOKS TO A BUNCHA CHURCH-GOING DIPSHITS!

Dungy: You better watch yourself, Coach Ryan.

Ryan: Oh, what are you gonna do, Dead Eyes? Tsk me to death? Iג€™ll run my fucking team my fucking way, and if you donג€™t like it, then youג€™d best get out of our fucking warpath. These men here? These men are fucking WINNERS. They fight! They kill! They fuck! Theyג€™re real fucking men, god dammit!

Dungy: Donג€™t take the Lordג€™s name in vain around me.

Ryan: GOD DAMMIT JESUS FINGERBLASTING MARY AND SHOOTING A LOAD IN HER FUCKING EYE! I donג€™t even know why I let you in here. GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY CAMP, EGGHEAD. FUCKING OUT!

Dungy: Youג€™ll regret this! This is all going into my report!

Ryan: You take that report, and you stuff it in your momג€™s musky twat! FUCK OFF, DUNGE! YOU ARE BANNED FROM HERE! FUCK THE FUCK OUT!

Dungy: (huffs, leaves)

Everyone: (cheers)

Ryan: Fucking asshole. FUCKING BRING IT IN.

(everyone brings it in)

Ryan: Men, this world is filled with uptight sacks of shit like that. People who judge others because they donג€™t have the BALLS to be real fucking men like you and I. And they know it. They hate that you men can fight and fuck as you please. They envy you. They hate you for your freedoms. And so they sit there and they fucking JUDGE. But I know better. YOU MEN ARE FUCKING WINNERS. Great big-dicked winners who win games and break legs and make shitloads of big strong babies. I donג€™t want you boys taking any shit from fuckfaces like THAT. And if you see that fucker come near this practice field again, you better goddamn tear his oblong head off. Thereג€™s a thousand bucks in it for you. YOU FUCKING HEAR ME?

Everyone: Yes, sir!

Ryan: We are going to fucking destroy the world this year. Weג€™re gonna make it our lifeג€™s work to show the planet that there are still men out there who have the sack to take what they want and not give a fuck what anyone else thinks. ARE YOU WITH ME?!

Ryan: ARE YOU READY TO KILLLLLLLLL?

Ryan: ARE YOU READY TO BEAT THE FUCK OUT OF ANYONE WHO QUESTIONS YOU?

Ryan: FUCKING HANDS IN!

(all hands in)

Ryan: FUCK DUNGE ON THREE! ONE TWO THREE!!

Everyone: FUCK DUNGE!

Ryan: That was great. I think I gotta go pray again.

Sanchez: You mean shit, right?

Ryan: YES I MEAN SHIT!

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

elohim wrote:Episode 3:
:cheers:

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

i really like that they focus on the bottom of the roster instead of just the superstars.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

elohim wrote:Jets & Mangold have agreed on a 7 year, $55 mil deal.
WAYYYYYYY too much $$ for a center. Any center.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^^^
at face value u r right but its so hard to judge these nfl 'tracts

how much guaranteed of that 55? thats what matters

it's kinda odd that the :fail:-loving jets have had four world class players since my fandom at two positions: 2 each at center and cornerback. (mawae/mangold & glenn/revis)

gpd i hope that cowlishaw rumor is true
Nets 2022

elohim

Post by elohim »

Reason wrote:how much guaranteed of that 55? thats what matters
Only $22.5 mil. It's also worth noting that the guarantee is against injury (surprisingly, no skill guarantee). It's not much more than what the Rams gave Jason Brown last year ($37.5 mil, 5 years, 20 mil guaranteed).

And fwiw, it's really an 8 year, $58 mil contract as Mangold will play out his rookie contract.

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

VideoKilledThe wrote:
elohim wrote:Episode 3:
:cheers:
what is this ireel action that keeps popping up when i try and watch?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Mangold is an absolute beast, money well spent.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Fun fact: I live in the apartment complex where Dungy's son killed himself.
I lived in campus lodge when that all went down. Crazy stuff.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

elohim wrote:
Reason wrote:how much guaranteed of that 55? thats what matters
Only $22.5 mil. It's also worth noting that the guarantee is against injury (surprisingly, no skill guarantee). It's not much more than what the Rams gave Jason Brown last year ($37.5 mil, 5 years, 20 mil guaranteed).

And fwiw, it's really an 8 year, $58 mil contract as Mangold will play out his rookie contract.
The problem is that it's a really goofy contract. It's 22.5 million guaranteed, but there's also a 10 million dollar option bonus before the 2011 season (which doesn't count toward the guaranteed money).

Basically, after two years he's guaranteed close to 40 of the 55 million.

elohim

Post by elohim »

PopeyeJones wrote:The problem is that it's a really goofy contract. It's 22.5 million guaranteed, but there's also a 10 million dollar option bonus before the 2011 season (which doesn't count toward the guaranteed money).

Basically, after two years he's guaranteed close to 40 of the 55 million.
:cheers: I didn't know about that. It's a fair enough argument, but the Jets think he's the best center in the league. So personally, I can't really be mad they locked him up long term for a marginal increase over what the highest paid center was getting.

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

how is d'brickshaw fergueson doing?

elohim

Post by elohim »

still illiterate wrote:how is d'brickshaw fergueson doing?
Ehh.. He's allowed a few sacks already in the preseason, but RT has looked a much bigger concern to me. I have no doubts Brick will be a brick when the season rolls along.

He obviously still got a much bigger deal than Mangold.

elohim

Post by elohim »

Episode was pretty great tonight. Disappointed there's only one more.

Couple Rex quotes:
There's a difference between having fun and being a jack ass. Our defense was a jack ass when we went to Hofstra, eating a bunch of fucking cheeseburgers before we go stretch. That's being a jack ass. You'll be a world champion, but not like this. We won't win it. We'll sit back and say, 'Why didn't we do it?' We didn't do it because where were our fucking priorities?
(a member of the team actually bought cheeseburgers from McDonald's for most of the D, dunno who that was right now). Santonio Holmes said some shit like "Damn, this is some ghetto ass team" during the scene when cats was eating the burgers. :lol:
How 'bout our offense? When are we going to put it together? Can we not run the ball down their throats every snap? Can we not throw it anytime we want to fucking throw it? Let's make sure we play like the fucking New York Jets, and not some fucking shit team. That's what I want to see tomorrow. Do we understand what the fuck I want to see tomorrow? Now let's go eat a god damn snack.
I'll try to post a link to it tmmo if i ain't beaten to the punch

craig

Post by craig »

tim cowlishaw is looking like a fool right now.

another funny quote was when he told d'angelo hall,"that's why my brother got rid of your ass!"

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

"Let's go eat a god damn snack." maybe my favorite quote of the season so far. I was laughing so hard when Rex said that.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Reason wrote: it's kinda odd that the :fail:-loving jets have had four world class players since my fandom at two positions: 2 each at center and cornerback. (mawae/mangold & glenn/revis)
curtis martin.

elohim

Post by elohim »

Here's the ep for anyone interested:
http://www.megavideo.com/?d=SOGF1SY0

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
Reason wrote: it's kinda odd that the :fail:-loving jets have had four world class players since my fandom at two positions: 2 each at center and cornerback. (mawae/mangold & glenn/revis)
curtis martin.
reading comprehension.

TWO EACH AT TWO POSITIONS.

elite. don't give me thomas jones. or adrian murrlol.
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

craig wrote:t
another funny quote was when he told d'angelo hall,"that's why my brother got rid of your ass!"
might be my fav moment yet

talking (reasonable but concise) shit to an opposing player for an unnecessarily hard tackle by telling him "YOU SHOULD'VE DONE THAT AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE"

had me rofl'ing like crazy
Nets 2022

BRAZ

Post by BRAZ »

Random Sample wrote:"Let's go eat a god damn snack." maybe my favorite quote of the season so far. I was laughing so hard when Rex said that.
:lol: that was priceless

id love to see hbo follow a team for a full season

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Reason wrote:
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
curtis martin.
reading comprehension.

TWO EACH AT TWO POSITIONS.

elite. don't give me thomas jones. or adrian murrlol.
I'm not going to argue the slippery slope of semantics.

BTW, would you really consider Aaron Glenn world class?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

that long walk coles had in his street clothes in that hallway was depressing as hell.