OFFICIAL NBA 2010-2011 THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

eternalreflection wrote:yeah you are looking way too much at the Boston games, even with a bad loss they'll still have +8 ppg, the Lakers won the title last year at +4.7(and only 55 wins) now Miami has been quite flawed early, they've also had plenty of total domination
you do realize that point differential has been an inconsistent indicator of who the eventual champion in the nba is, right?

if your next statement is going to be that the nba champion is usually in the top 3-5 in point differential every year, i'm pretty sure my grandmother could've told me that.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

shannon brown >>>

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I've seriously been pissed about the Heat crowd all night. I just can't fathom the collective faggotry that drives people to skip watching one of the game's most talented teams ever play their conference rival. On their home floor. On a nationally televised game. On a fucking Thursday. Shit is disgusting. And beyond that, the fans that do go, show up late and leave early. This city doesn't even deserve a professional franchise, much less one of this caliber.

PEACE

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Captin Planit wrote:I haven't closely watched many Bulls games yet, but is Rose playing differently? The stats make it look like he's playing more like a true point guard, but I don't know if he's just getting those assists by chance...
Dudes are finishing off of his passes at a much better rate.

10 assists per game is some eye-popping shit.

I haven't been posting much in this thread, but I noticed that Ramen was criticizing Derrick's basketball IQ? I can't even remember the last time I saw Derrick take an ill-advised shot, and he's always looking to get people involved.

Watch multiple games, and then form an opinion.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

The Miami crowd is hilarious.....

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Positive A wrote:Wack.

It'll be interesting to see how they do in their next 5 games:

vs Toronto
vs Phoenix
vs Charlotte
@ Memphis
vs Indy

No seriously. I do think it will be interesting to see how they do in these upcoming games.

Ummmm I would say they win them all..

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Trademark wrote:
Positive A wrote:Wack.

It'll be interesting to see how they do in their next 5 games:

vs Toronto
vs Phoenix
vs Charlotte
@ Memphis
vs Indy

No seriously. I do think it will be interesting to see how they do in these upcoming games.

Ummmm I would say they win them all..
More than likely. But I can see Slow it Down/Defensive minded Charlotte causing a little trouble; Gasol/ZBo combo inside destroying Miami's pathetic interior defense; Indy can be trouble too. Its not that I don't think Miami can easily go 5-0 in this next stretch, but how they play some of the "less than stellar" teams in the league.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

:lol: at Pierce postgame tweet, "It's been a pleasure to bring my talents to south beach now on to Memphis."

It's always frustrating to see Kobe try to go into god mode and fail, and just as equally as frustrating to see Gasol being guarded on the block one v one by Harrington and to have him repeatedly refuse to make an aggressive move to the cup, instead kicking it out time and time again.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

VideoKilledThe wrote::lol: at Pierce postgame tweet, "It's been a pleasure to bring my talents to south beach now on to Memphis."
:lol:, hes the man.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

peanut butter wrote:I've seriously been pissed about the Heat crowd all night. I just can't fathom the collective faggotry that drives people to skip watching one of the game's most talented teams ever play their conference rival. On their home floor. On a nationally televised game. On a fucking Thursday. Shit is disgusting. And beyond that, the fans that do go, show up late and leave early. This city doesn't even deserve a professional franchise, much less one of this caliber.

PEACE
word atl and mia are ridiculous and notorious for fan indifference
Nets 2022

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

DWade saying that "it will be like February until this offense fully clicks" (not word for word, but that's the gist) is so pathetic. The "big 3" in boston went 20-2 in their first 22 games. So it literally took them no time to gel. Quit looking for excuses to explain your shitty start. Faggots.
the adjustments the big 3 had to make were easy, KG switched into a secondary offensive player while playing lockdown defense, Allen had to switch to a mostly spot up shooter but that's fine for someone with his shooting ability, Pierce basically played the same game

with Wade and Lebron you don't have clear roles or easy adjustments, so they'll have to try things out and find a good mix, while also finding the best way to utilize Bosh which is mostly get him playing like he did last year(and playing harder on D)

they can brute force the bottom half of the league, but the good teams aren't as easy to overpower and its there where time is needed, they need a more coherent offensive gameplan since they've looked lost and sloppy at times, it doesn't happen overnight

the next 5 games are all favorable, I see a 5-0 run being the standard and a 4-1 stretch being ok, if they go 3-2 it might be time to get worried

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Unless they do a trade they won't be able to stop a elite PG combined with good down low player all year. Also, them having zero post presence on offense is going to kill them too.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Roy Johnson wrote:
Captin Planit wrote:I haven't closely watched many Bulls games yet, but is Rose playing differently? The stats make it look like he's playing more like a true point guard, but I don't know if he's just getting those assists by chance...
Dudes are finishing off of his passes at a much better rate.

10 assists per game is some eye-popping shit.

I haven't been posting much in this thread, but I noticed that Ramen was criticizing Derrick's basketball IQ? I can't even remember the last time I saw Derrick take an ill-advised shot, and he's always looking to get people involved.

Watch multiple games, and then form an opinion.
Pretty sure he was just trying to bait me into saying something back like a faggot.

Derrick Rose >>>>

Once we get Boozer back its a fuckin wrap.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I will say before hand I have not seen much of Rose play, but from looking at his numbers he is scoring more and assists are up but he is paying a hefty price for it. His fg% is down, his 3pt% is at a horrible .240 and he is shooting it way more, and he is avg over 4 TOs a game. From just looking at numbers seems like he is just handling and shooting more, but is not actually improving that much. Again, this is just from looking at numbers so I could be off.

Also
ג€œFor myself, 44 minutes is too much,ג€ James declared. ג€œI think Coach Spo knows that. Forty minutes for D-Wade is too much. We have to have as much energy as we can to finish games out.ג€
Does this guy ever run out of excuses?? You knew coming here there is 3 good players and rest of team full of bums. Of course you going to play big minutes, especially vs. your division rival.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

naturalborn103 wrote:I will say before hand I have not seen much of Rose play, but from looking at his numbers he is scoring more and assists are up but he is paying a hefty price for it. His fg% is down, his 3pt% is at a horrible .240 and he is shooting it way more, and he is avg over 4 TOs a game. From just looking at numbers seems like he is just handling and shooting more, but is not actually improving that much. Again, this is just from looking at numbers so I could be off.
Yeah, Thibodeau has really encouraged him to shoot more three-pointers, and through 7 games, he has only nailed 6 of 25.

Minus the 3 point experiment, he's shooting an even 50% (59 for 118).

4 turnovers per game is actually great considering that he is heavily involved in damn near every play when he's on the court. His assist-to-turnover ratio is 2.5.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

It's really funny how after the game last night, LeBron blasted Spoelstra and said that 44 minutes is too much for him to play. He even complained about D-Wade's 40 minutes. LeBron's bitchmadeness just keeps shining. He'll be 26 at the end of the year and he just got done playing his 9th game of the year. Boston was winning from the jump and if he was to play less minutes, the score wouldn't have been so close at the end. But yet, he is bitching about playing 44 minutes?

The Miami roster has been flawed from the beginning. If 3 people are making the majority of the the salary cap and most of the other players are old and decrepid on vet minimums, you are going to have some issues.

They are going to get better, but as I've said from the get go, this team is not about to win a chip this year. Boston has been playing with their nucleus going on 4 years now. Not a fan of Orlando, but with them playing Lewis at the 3 more and giving more minutes to Anderson and Bass at the 4, that's only going to help them come playoff time. Miami has their work cut out for them, but their egos and other defiencies will kill them at the end.

Req

Post by Req »

LMAO@Bron, seriously, dude is the fuckin epitome of the spoilt athlete. You made your bed now sleeeeeeeep.
F.U. MOOLAH

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

they'll be better when Mike Miller comes back

Wade
Miller
Lebron
Haslem
Bosh

doesn't help there size in the middle but Miller is a good rebounding SG, Lebron will handle most the PG duties and him and wade can switch off on guarding the PG's, only sharpshooting ones with speed like deron williams will really hurt them
UBM CD COMING SOON

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

So after 9 games he has already thrown his coach under the bus for two of them.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

No way Rondo should have did this against Bosh. Bosh fuckin watched him do it, without putting Rondo's little ass on the floor. If he couldn't have got there in time, at least get a flagrant foul and watch him shoot the free throws in pain.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

why is paul millsap so fucking good

he doesn't have any weaknesses to his game
Nets 2022

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Reason wrote:why is paul millsap so fucking good

he doesn't have any weaknesses to his game
Co Fucking Signed. Millsap is godly.

Gregg Popabitch

Positive A wrote:Image
I want this poster.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Tonight may be the night where DeRozan takes a bit of leap. He's playing the best I've seen him.

Req

Post by Req »

OrLOLdo
F.U. MOOLAH

Fuckin' A

Post by Fuckin' A »

:ohsh: @ Kevin Love: 15 rebounds in the 3rd quarter alone. 27 for the game with 8:42 left.

EDIT: 31 pts, 31 reb, 5 ast :bow:
Last edited by Fuckin' A on Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gregg Popabitch

I hate my life.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Watching Beasley & Love right now is an amazing experience. This is why Basketball is the greatest sport.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

LOVE!
If that faggot Rambis keeps being funny with his minutes, I'm gonna go postal.

And fucking Beasley! I knew he'd score this year but this is some next level shit he's doing.