Fantasy Football: Week 12

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

naturalborn103

Fantasy Football: Week 12

Post by naturalborn103 »

I Just traded Steve Johnson, B Marshall, and M Floyd for Andre Johnson.. The guy had 0 depth at WR with Moss, Garcon, and S Smith (south) on his team.

Pick 3:
C Johnson vs. NE*
A Johnson vs. Tenn*
Fitz vs. SF*
V Jackson @ Indy

last 4 games Fitz has avg. 90 yards a game and has 3 TD. It is hard to bench him but I think V Jackson might have a big day on his first game back, all reports are he is in game shape already and is ready to go.

I was also thinking of offering V Jackson Fitz and Blount for Roddy White... What do people think?

ric

Post by ric »

recommend 2
steve johnson v. steel
Djack @ bears
Vjack @ indy

consider that my Ds are
steel @ buf
bears v. philly

if i drop the bears D and since i may not want to play steel this week, which D makes more sense to pick up?
A) redskins v. vikings
B) BROWNS v. carolina (its wierd to write that...its wierd to even think that)

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

When in doubt, pick up the defense playing Carolina.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Browns defense has been fairly productive in general this year. Easy choice there.

ric

Post by ric »

:cheers:

Nl5H

Re: Fantasy Football: Week 12

Post by Nl5H »

naturalborn103 wrote:I Just traded Steve Johnson, B Marshall, and M Floyd for Andre Johnson.. The guy had 0 depth at WR with Moss, Garcon, and S Smith (south) on his team.

Pick 3:
C Johnson vs. NE*
A Johnson vs. Tenn*
Fitz vs. SF*
V Jackson @ Indy

last 4 games Fitz has avg. 90 yards a game and has 3 TD. It is hard to bench him but I think V Jackson might have a big day on his first game back, all reports are he is in game shape already and is ready to go.

I was also thinking of offering V Jackson Fitz and Blount for Roddy White... What do people think?
you gave up too much for a j imo.... s. johnson and floyd combined are better than johnson.

now you have to suffer with starting ochocinco- great player in real life, not in fantasy.

you SHOULD try to make that roddy white trade.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

oh if its calvin.. i've never been high on him (even though he's good)...he's just a really good player on a really shitty team - that's a downer for me.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Yea, it is Calvin... But Floyd is probaly useless now V Jackson is back, Steve Johnson got to deal with some of worst weather in NFL, and B Marshall is a mess. I figure Johnson it was Johnson for A Johnson straight up since Floyd and B Marshall was probably never making it to my starting line up.

And how can you not be high on Calvin Johnson? He is on pace for 1156 yards and 16 TDs. In the redzone they throw it up to him more then any other WR.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I picked up Danny Woodhead figuring on a big game against the Lions. I sat Brad Smith. I am afraid to even open my account to figure out how many points I missed out on...FUCK.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

HipHoppin wrote:
Smitty wrote:I picked up Danny Woodhead figuring on a big game against the Lions. I sat Brad Smith. I am afraid to even open my account to figure out how many points I missed out on...FUCK.
People actually own Brad Smith? lol

Sorry, but if Brad Smith is on your roster and you were leaning on Danny Woodhead for production you must be hurting.
:lol:

I explained last week that the league I'm in gives points for Special Teams yardage. I started the season with Brandon Marshall, Austin Collie, and someone else as my WRs, but quickly figured out that the dudes returning kicks could do much more for me, more consistently (its also IDP, so Daniael Manning was picking up 25-30 pts a game for me when he was returning kicks earlier this season). All told, I missed out on 32 points from Smith on Thursday.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

FUCKING CHIEFS.

So far:

Jamaal Charles: 9 touches for 84 yards

Thomas Jones: 11 touches for 23 yards

It's been three months of this. Get Jones the fuck out of there.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Smitty wrote:
HipHoppin wrote:
Smitty wrote:I picked up Danny Woodhead figuring on a big game against the Lions. I sat Brad Smith. I am afraid to even open my account to figure out how many points I missed out on...FUCK.

Sorry, but if Brad Smith is on your roster and you were leaning on Danny Woodhead for production you must be hurting.

I explained last week that the league I'm in gives points for Special Teams yardage. I started the season with Brandon Marshall, Austin Collie, and someone else as my WRs, but quickly figured out that the dudes returning kicks could do much more for me, more consistently (its also IDP, so Daniael Manning was picking up 25-30 pts a game for me when he was returning kicks earlier this season). All told, I missed out on 32 points from Smith on Thursday.
No diss but that's fucking retarded. I'd never pay to be in a league like that.

ric

Post by ric »

75-75.
not a good game.
vjack goes out so im thinking FUCK
tolbert is out right now (my opponent has him)
colts d (opponents d) is getting scored on. i am lucky if i win this week.

i played Djack and Vjack
sat steve johnson and garcon

fucking hilarious how this shit works out. djack got me 2 pts

wheels

Post by wheels »

I probably won't start dude next week either

ric

Post by ric »

HipHoppin wrote:why would you bench Steve Johnson? see: other thread where everyone said wait on Vincent Jackson
legit guys get open more and rivers finds them or trusts them more or something and forces the ball to them more. look what he did with gates, perfect passes and catches in double/coverage and shit.

how am i supposed to know vjacks would go out of the game after 2 plays? 2 PLAYS!!!!! if he can go 2/3-30 im tied with my opponent. 3 DECENT CATCHES!!!! are they being cautious or was it freal? i missed the first qtr

and then with djacks i thought he would get shut down but may have been overconfident in the vick-desean connection. did he drop passes or was he just blanketed all night?

as for johnson i got lucky that i sat him and he dropped like 5 passes. heard about that endzone drop too. sucks for him. thought he would do well but thought vjacks would do at least decently and knew i didnt need to score that many points to win this game. just got fucked
well see how it goes with the calf. they are playing OAK so well see whether asamoghua can play and how open the pass d will be.
djack vs HOU
steve jo @ MN
is MN secondary still having problems?

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

HipHoppin wrote:
wheels wrote:
Smitty wrote:
HipHoppin wrote:

lol any league where Brad Smith and LaRod Stephens-Howling are averaging any more than 3 points a game is retarded
Its my first FF season, I'm quickly figuring out how unlike other leagues this shit is. It's all close homies so I ain't sweating it. I'm in 3rd place with a good shot at the money so I'm like fuggit.

Danny Amendola, Brad Smith, and Stefan Logan will start, and V Jackson, Steve Johnson, Austin Collie, and the others can rot on the bench. I got Vick and Matt Ryan at QB, Mendenhal, MJD, LT, & McFadden at RB, Tamme at TE. Fingers crossed.

ric

Post by ric »

HipHoppin wrote:
well see how it goes with the calf. they are playing OAK so well see whether asamoghua can play and how open the pass d will be.
djack vs HOU
steve jo @ MN
Steve Johnson is a better play than DeSean Jackson in my opinion b/c he sees like 10+ targets a game. Steve Johnson put up 13.80 yesterday in my PPR league even with his 5 drops. He has 59 receptions on the year to DeSean's 35. Am I saying he is better than DeSean Jackson? Hell no, but he is more dependable from a PPR fantasy standpoint. DeSean Jackson and Steve Johnson should be your weekly starters until VJax proves otherwise.
he has been gettting mad targets lately (not sure about the beginning of season) but his season stats as a whole are still pretty middle and perhaps do not reflect this. if he wasnt fitzps favorite guy in the redzone no one would give a shit about him for fantasy.

still though i agree with you
the plan for next week is steve johnson and dsean

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

ric wrote:
HipHoppin wrote:
djack vs HOU
steve jo @ MN
Steve Johnson is a better play than DeSean Jackson in my opinion b/c he sees like 10+ targets a game. Steve Johnson put up 13.80 yesterday in my PPR league even with his 5 drops. He has 59 receptions on the year to DeSean's 35. Am I saying he is better than DeSean Jackson? Hell no, but he is more dependable from a PPR fantasy standpoint. DeSean Jackson and Steve Johnson should be your weekly starters until VJax proves otherwise.
he has been gettting mad targets lately (not sure about the beginning of season) but his season stats as a whole are still pretty middle and perhaps do not reflect this. if he wasnt fitzps favorite guy in the redzone no one would give a shit about him for fantasy.

still though i agree with you
the plan for next week is steve johnson and dsean

um, look at the statement i bolded and ask yourself - is there any other reason to start any player on any team? by your logic i should still be playing a whole slew of players who will never see the light of day in my starting line up.

you have to start johnson and d jax...v jax is a non factor at this point. he might do something in 2 weeks. he might score a td next week, but 1 td means nothing.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

Smitty wrote:
HipHoppin wrote:
wheels wrote:
Smitty wrote:
HipHoppin wrote: People actually own Brad Smith? lol

lol any league where Brad Smith and LaRod Stephens-Howling are averaging any more than 3 points a game is retarded
Its my first FF season, I'm quickly figuring out how unlike other leagues this shit is. It's all close homies so I ain't sweating it. I'm in 3rd place with a good shot at the money so I'm like fuggit.

Danny Amendola, Brad Smith, and Stefan Logan will start, and V Jackson, Steve Johnson, Austin Collie, and the others can rot on the bench. I got Vick and Matt Ryan at QB, Mendenhal, MJD, LT, & McFadden at RB, Tamme at TE. Fingers crossed.
i dont care how your league scores, thats why you'll always be no better than 3rd.

ric

Post by ric »

sure its legit but hes not a premier, unstoppable, must have type reciever in non-fantasy football, thats all im saying. could another wr take steve johnsons place and put up similar numbers? as long as they werent drop fests, yes. he has a knack for getting open but its not like 50 yds/game is a tough thing for a secondary wr in a 3 wr offense where the qb is putting up 30-40 attempts/game

ric

Post by ric »

bad news for vjacks owners
cbs injury update wrote: News: Injuries suffered by Vincent Jackson leading up to his Week 12 return weren't reported until now, and they're expected to keep him out of action for at least two weeks. NBCSports.com reports that Jackson injured his groin in practice toward the end of last week, then strained his right calf in pregame warmups Sunday at Indianapolis while overcompensating for the groin injury, forcing him out of the game against the Colts. He underwent an MRI on Monday that revealed a strain in the calf, resulting in a likely deactivation in Week 13 vs. Oakland. ג€œThere is considerable swelling,ג€ coach Norv Turner said. ג€œThere is a lot of soreness. I think it would probably be hard for him to play this week.ג€

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

HipHoppin wrote:
ric wrote:sure its legit but hes not a premier, unstoppable, must have type reciever in non-fantasy football, thats all im saying. could another wr take steve johnsons place and put up similar numbers? as long as they werent drop fests, yes. he has a knack for getting open but its not like 50 yds/game is a tough thing for a secondary wr in a 3 wr offense where the qb is putting up 30-40 attempts/game

#7 overall WR in fantasy football... not sure what more you need from him... thread is entitled Fantasy Football
after reading most of ric's threads and getting flustered with his line of reasoning, i've decided ric needs to study the game more before he embarks on fantasy football...

wheels

Post by wheels »

I know dude's an easy target, but he's a fucking idiot sometimes, for real. You're almost guaranteed to see him post something asinine on every page of every football related thread.

I thought naturalborn's assertion that he does not watch football was just an attempt at an insult, but the longer I hang out in these threads the more I think he's right. That comment about Vick throwing while running to the right brought genuine laughter. I think this exchange is a good example of the absurdity that is ric's brain:
ric wrote:
HipHoppin wrote:why would you bench Steve Johnson? see: other thread where everyone said wait on Vincent Jackson
as for johnson i got lucky that i sat him and he dropped like 5 passes. heard about that endzone drop too. sucks for him. thought he would do well but thought vjacks would do at least decently and knew i didnt need to score that many points to win this game. just got fucked
He manages himself out of a W, but is lucky he benched a guy that would have given him the win because he.... dropped passes? Stevie was your meal ticket bro! We told you to sit VJ. Play the guy who will get you the most points, period.

This is now the ric appreciation thread

ric

Post by ric »

im just saying if he had got the 15 he was probably good for i would be kicking myself. the rationale to start vjack was fine even if the result wasnt not.

noting that vick seems completely unable to put the ball up isnt some ignorant shit. other qbs roll to their bad sides and still manage to pull out decent passes (see rothels). especially considering this dudes physical skills, youre saying its not a comparative weakness? at the very least, stop set your feet real quick and fire.