OFFICIAL NBA 2010-2011 THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

eternalreflection wrote:jesus christ at that Wade dunk
That shit was crazy.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Positive A wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:jesus christ at that Wade dunk
That shit was crazy.
yeah, Durant was all hype off of his oop dunk and Wade goes down on the other end and just rises up.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

That Wade dunk was insane. And I'm about as far away from a Heat fan as one can get, but I'll be damned if this team isn't really fun to watch sometimes.

PEACE

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Lebron with a nasty dunk too

Chris Paul takes 2games off, and all of a sudden he's playing like vintage Paul, I think some team will find a way to keep him rested and elite over the next couple years

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Yeah as much as Paul isn't what he once was, surround him with talent and it'll work out just fine for you.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

OKC vs Denver going to be the best 1st round playoff series(though I guess all the east ones are meh, and the west 1/8, 2/7 probably meh too)

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

eternalreflection wrote:
Chris Paul takes 2games off, and all of a sudden he's playing like vintage Paul, I think some team will find a way to keep him rested and elite over the next couple years
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Reason wrote:the hornets should just rest cp3 two days in a row even if they have games as long as they'll make the playoffs. he was a fucking beast, vintage paul, with mad rest last night
:cheers:

only problem is playoffs...play him home games and rest him road game except elimination game? (obviously impossible as hornets will play him every game, just in theory)
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

LMAO DONALD STERLING CLAIMS HE DIDN'T KNOW OF ELGIN BAYLOR'S CAREER AS A PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!

Donald Sterling ignorant of Elgin Baylor?
EmailPrintComments
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling said during Elgin Baylor's wrongful termination civil trial Tuesday that he didn't know the accomplished basketball pedigree of his former general manager before hiring Baylor as vice president of player personnel in 1986, according to a Los Angeles Times report.

In response to a line of questions concerning Baylor's Hall of Fame playing career from Baylor attorney Carl Douglas, Sterling denied any knowledge of it, according to the Times report.

"I didn't know [about] that," Sterling said, according to the newspaper. "I hired him for $3,000 a month. I didn't really know what his role was. ... He was working in a mail-order company back then."

Sterling also testified Tuesday that Baylor determined his own annual salary and had free rein to do as he pleased with decisions concerning the coaching staff and player transactions, according to the Los Angeles Times report.

On March 4, Baylor dropped part of his wrongful termination lawsuit against the Clippers, according to multiple reports. While the former Clippers general manager dropped allegations of racial discrimination, he is still going ahead with claims of age discrimination against the team.

Team officials say Baylor resigned in October 2008 after 22 years with the team. But Baylor, who is black, claimed in his 2009 lawsuit that he was "discriminated against and unceremoniously released from his position with the team on account of his age and his race." Baylor, who is 76, claimed he was "grossly underpaid during his tenure with the Clippers."
Nets 2022

wheels

Post by wheels »

Jam Nelson with the foul to send this retarded game into OT

an-also

Post by an-also »

Dwight Howard's stat line is pretty insane.

9-12 for 31 pts, 22 boards

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i don't even really disagree or have thought about it much but i just asked popabitch who would he rather have

CHRIS BOSH or ANDREA BARGNANI

and he said BARGZ

LOLLOLOL

i dunno just made me laugh
Nets 2022

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Ate dinner at Emeril's at a table across from Mbenga and Anderson. As we were leaving the restaurant we walked by Rafer Alston and his non-factor girlfriend.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i've had enough regular season basketball me thinks

playoffs please
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Sacramento television station News10/KXTV reported Wednesday that a lawyer who represents the Maloofs received an application on March 3 from the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

That application gives the lawyer the exclusive rights to "Los Angeles Royals," "Anaheim Royals," "Anaheim Royals of Southern California" and the "Orange County Royals."

The lawyer, Scott Hervey, didn't want to say if he had done this on behalf of the Maloofs.

"I don't discuss client relationships," Hervey said.

Before moving to Kansas City, the basketball team played in Rochester and Cincinnati and were called the Royals.
Makes sense that they don't want to be called the Kings because of the hockey team.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Calm in the face of faggotry. St. Patricks day is officially Omer Double Double Day. Great game for him last night.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Brougham33 wrote:Image

Calm in the face of faggotry. St. Patricks day is officially Omer Double Double Day. Great game for him last night.
assuming you watched the game...

HOW SICK WAS THAT TWO HANDED DUNK ON TWO PEOPLE? he just gathered himself, bent his knees to get a max jump off two feet, and just rose over those fools and slammed it on em. asik is so fucking solid
Nets 2022

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

They should go with Southern Cal Royals or just California Royals.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

If I remember right from something I read a while a back, the city of Anaheim will not allow any team to move into their city and call themselves "Los Angeles". After the Angels fiasco, they put a clause in to protect against that from happening again.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Reason wrote:
Brougham33 wrote:Image

assuming you watched the game...
Now when I look at that picture it looks like Lopez can't handle Omer's swarthy eastern european essence. But yeah I watched it on and off at some shitty bar so I couldn't catch everything, my favorite Omer highlight was his up and down volleyball style block. Favorite quote from Joakim about Omer:
"We call him Cheese Toast because he likes a lot of cheese toast"

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^^

lol

Just watched the entire second half of this Knicks game and I gotta say this team is bad on defense and rebounding. So in the fourth quarter the few times they actually play high quality defense they don't box out and/or lobby for better position and they give up offensive rebounds including the monster putback by Wilcox to put them up by 2.

Seriously this team could use the hell out of a Chuck Hayes/Ben Wallace/Reggie Evans (specifically inexpensive because you would think they could have swung a Randolph for Brewer type deal for one of those types of guys. Jeffries is so inept on offense and not big enough on defense to make up for it and they ended up getting literally nothing for Randolph.
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

oh also, lol @ chicago tv announcers tonight. they were such homers tonight (which is fine) but it made me crack up

when d-rose was called for his 6th (AND OBVIOUS) foul, the tv guys went on a rant for the next few minutes about how rose wasn't getting superstar foul calls and that he was a superstar who deserved more calls blahblahblah

so visibly umad
Nets 2022

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Totally forgot the Pacers were playin the Bulls tonight with the NCAA's an all. Looked like a bad game to miss. Tyler was so pissed during that Celtics game...I knew he'd have a good bounce back game.

How did Collison play? Stat lines can be deceiving.

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

Props on Rick adelman tying Red Auerbach for that many wins. I hope he passes bill fitch next. Rockets are 10-3 since the all star break and breathing down the neck of the grizzlies.

I know they won't beat the spurs but if they can get a game or two that's a helluva season. Especially without Yao ming and all the injuries they had.

Nice win for the pacers. *nods head to reason*

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

can't believe tyler had the game he had while being guarded by noah at times too

i guess he's a legit 20 pt 10 reb threat now. wow. it's great to see his hard work pay off i gotta admit

and i also admit that i'm wrong about hating on that draft pick now i guess
Nets 2022

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Reason wrote:oh also, lol @ chicago tv announcers tonight. they were such homers tonight (which is fine) but it made me crack up

when d-rose was called for his 6th (AND OBVIOUS) foul, the tv guys went on a rant for the next few minutes about how rose wasn't getting superstar foul calls and that he was a superstar who deserved more calls blahblahblah

so visibly umad
funny since he was getting superstar treatment, 21fta for fucks sake

lol at Boston, and Lebron needs to play like tonight more often, just crushed Atl by himself

just 1 game but tonight showed just how much better Lebron is, I mean lol at thinking Rose is on his level

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

lol @ darryl morey trading chuck hayes to the knicks without ideas of trying to rape them

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

eternalreflection wrote:
Reason wrote:oh also, lol @ chicago tv announcers tonight. they were such homers tonight (which is fine) but it made me crack up

so visibly umad

lol at Boston, and Lebron needs to play like tonight more often, just crushed Atl by himself

just 1 game but tonight showed just how much better Lebron is, I mean lol at thinking Rose is on his level
You are a gigantic faggot that does nothing more than read box scores. You've probably seen Derrick Rose play maybe 5 times all season. You have the audacity to call anyone that doesn't salivate over the mere mention of Lebron James a "homer". Basketball isn't all about stat lines you dumb piece of shit. You are a faggot, and if you watched more than 5 Bulls games, you would see that Rose hardly ever gets the calls he deserves when he goes to the lane. This is mostly due to the fact that he doesn't flop around like a moron every time someone touches him. Dude gets hammered every time he goes to the rim, yet the refs don't call a foul cause he shakes it off, and most of the time makes the bucket. Dude should be averaging 20 fuckin free throw attempts a night.

And another thing, why do you place so much emphasis on stats during the regular season? Aren't you the one that always says that these games are meaningless? Oh, then you turn around and say that playoff wins are overrated. Make up your fucking mind you insatiable dick fiend. I'm pretty sure that you just form your "opinions" around whatever makes Lebron look better at the time. You are the worst part about the Sports Bar, you boring autistic fuck. I hope you and your loved ones die. Faggot.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Hayzoos wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:

so visibly umad

You are a gigantic faggot that does nothing more than read box scores. You've probably seen Derrick Rose play maybe 5 times all season. You have the audacity to call anyone that doesn't salivate over the mere mention of Lebron James a "homer". Basketball isn't all about stat lines you dumb piece of shit. You are a faggot, and if you watched more than 5 Bulls games, you would see that Rose hardly ever gets the calls he deserves when he goes to the lane. This is mostly due to the fact that he doesn't flop around like a moron every time someone touches him. Dude gets hammered every time he goes to the rim, yet the refs don't call a foul cause he shakes it off, and most of the time makes the bucket. Dude should be averaging 20 fuckin free throw attempts a night.

And another thing, why do you place so much emphasis on stats during the regular season? Aren't you the one that always says that these games are meaningless? Oh, then you turn around and say that playoff wins are overrated. Make up your fucking mind you insatiable dick fiend. I'm pretty sure that you just form your "opinions" around whatever makes Lebron look better at the time. You are the worst part about the Sports Bar, you boring autistic fuck. I hope you and your loved ones die. Faggot.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

People obviously didn't watch the Bulls game. LeBron > Rose based on what? Rose had 19 in the 4th including hitting 3 straight free-throws to send the game into overtime, something LeBron probably hasn't ever done. 21 FTs because he blows by the "defense" of Darren Collison and slams into Jeff Foster/Psycho T.

If you think that last foul on Rose was legit, you're insane. McRoberts arms go straight up to the rim while the ball stays on the floor. That's because he hits the ball and not his hands. It was a strip and considering the traffic that pass was made in, it was bullshit.

If you wanna talk about how Rose shouldn't have been at the line for 3 at the end, then I would probably agree with you. It was a make-up call/anticipated foul more than anything.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^^
i thought rose got his inside left arm and hooked it as he stripped

close

but yea that 3 ft was make up
Nets 2022