NCAA March Madness First and Second Round Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Nl5H wrote:and thank goodness the whiney hansborough lost. fuck their entire family... fucking bitches.
Tyler Hansbough at Cameron Indoor Stadium: 4-0

Shyste502

Post by Shyste502 »

:owens:

I've been MIA andhadnt seen this thread at all.

Most disappointing loss for me since Ball St in 1990. I never really get down about a loss but this one fucking stung. I hardly even watched any of the tourney until i turned on Pitt Butler last night. I opted for yard work on Saturday afternoon.
I'm not sure what to make of the Big East's performance. IS the conference as a whole that overrated?

wheels i wish i could tell you good luck but the cat fans have taken their assholery to another level around here

hustler

Post by hustler »

my final four are still alive :)
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

No homo
Hoody Shankz

Post by No homo »

^^ Buuut you probably chose Duke and therefore will not be...

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Anyone pick FSU over ND cause I did?

I didn't pick anything else correctly it feels like though.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Shyste502 wrote: wheels i wish i could tell you good luck but the cat fans have taken their assholery to another level around here
I'm sorry to hear that man. I don't really have a lot in common with the natives, so to speak. Up here most cat fans are transplants, and it's kind of a bonding thing (nh) when I meet one, and they usually know their shit.

When I'm back home all anyone wants to do is bash Louisville or Tennessee, and trying to engage somebody in a conversation about basketball is pointless.

I don't think the big east was overrated. Everybody who made it absolutely deserved to be there, especially in a 68 team field. Anybody who's out by now either lost to a team who played a great game, or was another big east team.

wheels

Post by wheels »

I don't know where else to put this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6243862

Looks like Pearl got canned, as predicted.

Kid That's Lifeless

Not surprised.

wheels, did you see Billy Gillispie got hired at Texas Tech?

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Texas Tech is not a good job. It's in a part of Texas that is at a huge disadvantage for recruiting. DFW has a good portion of the basketball talent in Texas and Lubbock is too far away and barren, even for Texas standards.

Oklahoma has the potential to be a good job in the Big 12 with the right coach. I think Capels got a raw deal and had to adjust to the fact that he had two players (Tiny Gallon & Tommy Mason-Griffin) leave school because they thought they were pros. Gallon was drafted by Milwaukee in the 2nd round but was promptly cut. The remaining OU talent was not enough to have a good season.

Oklahoma would have been the more attractive job for Gillepsie, but he already had ties to TT and was already in cohoots to take the gig.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Gillispie wasn't really in a position to turn anyone down. Not that TT would have been able to land Pearl necessarily, but they've got to feel like they jumped the gun a bit.

Oklahoma has to be looking at buzz williams, right?

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Yeah Buzz is the rumor. Don't know too much about his background or how well Marquette could be next year, but I do know that O.J. Mayo's little brother, Zach just committed recently though.

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Gotta work Thursday during the UF game. Hope they dont mind me in scrubs at the bar eating lunch about 2:15.

Kid That's Lifeless

b0mbs_of_death wrote:Gotta work Thursday during the UF game. Hope they dont mind me in scrubs at the bar eating lunch about 2:15.
:naswtf: Games don't start until about 7:15 for the 2nd weekend.