The Official MMA Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

damn

Bones

Post by Bones »

bring in fedor

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

Bones wrote:bring in fedor
beg to differ, but JDS would drop that mother fucker...

Bones

Post by Bones »

i meant bring in fedor to fight big country, he's the benchmark of the heavyweight division

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

So GSP is entering the world series of poker? How about you fight somebody faggot.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Ramen wrote:So GSP is entering the world series of poker? How about you fight somebody faggot.
He just started his first phase of his rehab at the end of December. From someone who has had 2 ACL reconstructions, that knee isn't ready yet......
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Im just saying its been forever, and to see that in my news feed is insulting to the fans.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Ramen wrote:Im just saying its been forever, and to see that in my news feed is insulting to the fans.
He started his first phase in December (which is basically passive motion stuff which is you laying in bed while you recover while a machine works your quads and hammys by electrical pulses). Even if he has the best possible outcome with his rehab he would've been available by July at the earliest. Anyone who is getting mad over this has no clue what rehabbing a ACL reconstruction is like and is an idiot.
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

ACL good for knee? me dumb you smart.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Ramen wrote:ACL good for knee? me dumb you smart.
Yes because it's that and not how much rehab you actually need to put in to feel comfortable just doing everyday shit yet alone compete at the highest level of a sport. 6 months is the best case scenario for him which means at the absolute earliest he would be back at the end of June (a quick google search reveals he started his first phase of rehab around Christmas). The WSOP is the first week in July........

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DNtXyPwRfCo?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DNtXyPwRfCo?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Image :larry:

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

mark hunt vs jds, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

What do you guys think will happen? Dana is saying Cain VS Mir will happen and they won't make a new main even until Reem's NSAC hearing April 20 somthing..??

I really feel like it's going to be JDS VS Hunt now.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

bbatson1 wrote:What do you guys think will happen? Dana is saying Cain VS Mir will happen and they won't make a new main even until Reem's NSAC hearing April 20 somthing..??

I really feel like it's going to be JDS VS Hunt now.
kinda agree, but can also hear dana just saying that because of the politics of having to wait for horsemeat having to wait to appeal. A hunt vs jds fight would be stylistically pretty awesome....but still see hunt getting dominated. Are best option is still mir vs jds...in which case jds wins easily and cain gets next.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Hendo's looking for a title fight...

:spidey:

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

tehgiftofgab wrote:mark hunt vs jds, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
:cheers:

WAR HUNT

Kid That's Lifeless

How do you sell Hunt though? He's got highlights, but he's 8-7 in MMA and doesn't have any recent top tier wins. Actually, you could just loop the butt drop on Wanderlei in commercials and I'm sure people would be intrigued.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

I don't know if it's the greatest option. He's kinda got a underdog cult following type thing but he's def not a "big name".

Regardless, let's appreciate his highlights.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqqqFTkZ-80?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqqqFTkZ-80?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Kid That's Lifeless

Yeah, Hunt's the dude.

Scrap the Russow squash match and book Werdum against JDS.

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

inside mma yesterday was some funny shit.

bas was like steroids are for losers with josh barnett chillin right next to him..

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

AXEWOUNDFISTER wrote:inside mma yesterday was some funny shit.

bas was like steroids are for losers with josh barnett chillin right next to him..
'

that was awkward but Josh is a master of changing the subject. It was def the elephant in the room. Josh was pretty quiet the whole time. Rogan is cool too. He said Josh should be in the UFC because it would rob the fans of good fights if he wasn't and gave a lot of props to Bellator. I do appreciate him for his ability to acknowledge other things besides the UFC. Also Kenny Rice is just the absolute worst host of any show ever in the history of EVERYTHING.

Kid That's Lifeless

bbatson1 wrote:
AXEWOUNDFISTER wrote:inside mma yesterday was some funny shit.

'

that was awkward but Josh is a master of changing the subject. It was def the elephant in the room. Josh was pretty quiet the whole time. Rogan is cool too. He said Josh should be in the UFC because it would rob the fans of good fights if he wasn't and gave a lot of props to Bellator. I do appreciate him for his ability to acknowledge other things besides the UFC. Also Kenny Rice is just the absolute worst host of any show ever in the history of EVERYTHING.
Might be the only thing you and Chael Sonnen agree on.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Bring on Hendo for the shot against JDS

He has wins of Big Nog and Fedor at HW.

If he loses it doesn't hurt his LHW title aspirations much like the Shields fight at MW didn't hurt him(besides people thinking he was a clown for getting wrestlefucked by Shields.)

He has a heavy chin and likes to throw em so it will still be a killer fight, and he's a big name so you don't lose too many sales from Overeem being dropped off.
UBM CD COMING SOON

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

joe, bas and barnett are the shit.. schevello(sp) is annoying as fuck and kenny does suck lol

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote: Might be the only thing you and Chael Sonnen agree on.
lol. Absolutely. If we ever had to have a civil conversation it would probably be about how much Kenny Rice sucks. :cheers:

Also.. haven't been online today so i haven't checked the websites to if it's reported but i'm hearing that Reem will use a TRT defense during his NSAC hearing and a lot of people are saying his defense is pretty legit and the UFC legal team is now working on the assumption he'll be licensed. It's getting interesting.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

i hope the next episode of the reem is alllll about this!

Kid That's Lifeless

I NEED TRT

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

bbatson1 wrote:Also.. haven't been online today so i haven't checked the websites to if it's reported but i'm hearing that Reem will use a TRT defense during his NSAC hearing and a lot of people are saying his defense is pretty legit and the UFC legal team is now working on the assumption he'll be licensed. It's getting interesting.
:cheers:

I'm hoping this all works out somehow and the card goes ahead unchanged.

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

I'm sure reem will still fight.

and if they don't allow him to fight hopefully he doesn't throw people under the bus like cyborg has..