The Official MMA Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

i hope bas isnt trollin us...

Bas Rutten ‏ @BasRuttenMMA
I hear we still might c the JDS/Overeem fight? Haha, awesome. Let me get more info

johnathan willis ‏ @crunchless
that's a ridiculous message to send, having the man who just failed a drug test fighting for the title is bad juju #armyofdoom

i know it's freaking insane, cheating and maybe still fighting? But this is America, and crap like that happens, JDS can set it

straight though if it happens. Let me get more info first, but that's news I received.

Patrick Thorne ‏ @PhatPatDaKlepto
Let Reem keep juicing, and let JDS use brass knuckles. Seems fair to me.

u can't juice the jaw!

chris boyce ‏ @tsdstud
interesting... I'm pretty torn on it if ubereem is actually found to have been cheating though

He did, we know this now, but in America we heard the story of a burglar who injured himself while breaking in, got money from the victims, it's insane, the law is BS. Let JDS be the judge IF it happens

George H. ‏ @halitosisMMA
In fact, JDS could be Overeem's punishment

yes!

I think it's BS also, but we have heard crazier things. I thought the NSAC was simply gonna deny his fight permit maybe they still can, I

Just inform you guys of news that I heard, wanna keep you "in the loop". We will see, asaih something, I let u guys know

RichF ‏ @Liberty8691
they're going to let overroid fight? how's he going to wiggle out of this one?

I hear a "technicality" butlers just wait and c what happens, I let you guys know.

unknownpharoah ‏ @unknownpharoah1
c'mon Bas im one of your biggest fans but your clear dislike and agenda with @Alistairovereem is not a good look for you.

did exactly the same with anybody else who tested positive, if u r indeed a big fan, u should know that

tell me what I did different then I did with other fighters who tested positive? Would live to hear that

bas is mad

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

also for anyone interested, Nick Diaz is going to be fighting Braulio Estima in a bjj super fight in May... for those that don't know Braulio is like top 5 in pure bjj at the moment, he beat jacare last year in a superfight and has sub'd andre galvao and marcelo garcia more than once.. on paper Nick should get steamrolled.. hopefully he pulls an eddie bravo vs royler gracie.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

^yeah Nick is going to lose but I think Estima will take it easy on him and win on points.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FuqjmQxwgDg?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FuqjmQxwgDg?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

Moolah wrote:<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FuqjmQxwgDg?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FuqjmQxwgDg?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

HAHAHHAHAHAHHA

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Hey for those that don't know. Today's UFC is Facebook at 12:30PM EST and Main Card on Fuel at 3PM EST. It's not a nighttime card!

Official fight card

Preliminary card (Facebook)
Featherweight bout: Jason Young vs. Eric Wisely
Welterweight bout: Simeon Thoresen vs. Besam Yousef
Lightweight bout: Reza Madadi vs. Yoislandy Izquierdo
Middleweight bout: Francis Carmont vs. Magnus Cedenblad
Light Heavyweight bout: Cyrille Diabate vs. Tom DeBlass
Welterweight bout: Papy Abedi vs. James Head

Main card
Bantamweight bout: Brad Pickett vs. Damacio Page
Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. John Maguire
Featherweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Diego Nunes
Welterweight bout: Paulo Thiago vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
Middleweight bout: Brian Stann vs. Alessio Sakara
Light Heavyweight bout: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Thiago Silva

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Papy Abedi about to fight.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

:(

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

lol papy sucks :(

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

tehgiftofgab wrote:lol papy sucks :(
The entrance is worth it. I'm bummed about Thiago Silva and Paulo Thiago. Two of my favorites. I never pictured Silva for the type to stand around in the last round and just lose on points. He deserved to lose. No takedowns, no urgency, no anything. You can't become a champ with no game plan and a bad corner/team. And Paulo got smoked which sucked but there's nothing you can do about that. lol.

Also this week will be off the hook. On Friday (and it's gotten ZERO press) in Bellator is the Eddie Alvarez VS Shinya Aoki rematch. That's a PPV main event right there imo. I can't wait. And of course of Friday is Rashad VS Jones.

Bones

Post by Bones »

Champ Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans (for light-heavyweight title)
Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
Ben Rothwell vs. Brendan Schaub
Michael McDonald vs. Miguel Torres
Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
John Alessio vs. Mark Bocek

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Aoki vs Alvarez on Friday.
UBM CD COMING SOON

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Aoki vs Alvarez on Friday.

It's mad disrespectful i have to watch this on MTV2 in VHS Tape quality. Aoki is going to harness that redneck crowds power into the most vicious face crush you've ever seeen. :copy:

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

they just had the JONES VS EVANS press conference. They were real lovey dovey up there. I think they both got sick of the whole thing because the UFC forced them to do so much media. They both were just nice and didn't even seem to care. It looks like the rivalry is dead.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i need a backstory on this NOWISh
Nets 2022

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Reason wrote:Image

That was the 3rd round of the Cerrone/Diaz fight

In the pre-fight buildup Diaz was doing his usual trash talk and this got to Cerrone who tried to shake Diaz's hand before the fight and got a middle finger(Diaz disputed this story.)

During the weigh ins Diaz flicked Cerrone's hat off which angered him since it was a 1000 dollar Stetson. When they got into the ring Cerrone flipped Diaz off, then proceeded to get his ass handed to him for two rounds, Diaz gave him the birdie prior to the 3rd round seeing how demoralized the Cowboy was looking.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Reason wrote:Image

That was the 3rd round of the Cerrone/Diaz fight

In the pre-fight buildup Diaz was doing his usual trash talk and this got to Cerrone who tried to shake Diaz's hand before the fight and got a middle finger(Diaz disputed this story.)

During the weigh ins Diaz flicked Cerrone's hat off which angered him since it was a 1000 dollar Stetson. When they got into the ring Cerrone flipped Diaz off, then proceeded to get his ass handed to him for two rounds, Diaz gave him the birdie prior to the 3rd round seeing how demoralized the Cowboy was looking.
The Diaz brothers >>>>>

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Moolah wrote: The Diaz brothers >>>>>
Not gonna lie, that Jim Miller VS Nate Diaz match has me a little worried. :owens: I think that's a bad match up for Nate.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

While we're all waiting for new fights, check out dude I went to high school with fighting for a lightweight title in a small aussie mma comp. Shit plays out just like Silva v Sonnen :gyeah:

Sonny is a purple belt in BJJ.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HQnXMXBCLlw?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HQnXMXBCLlw?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Fight starts at 3:40

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

^^ hoooly shit that was fucking sick, cool use of rubberguard and sick gogo i love that kinda shit

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

bbatson1 wrote:they just had the JONES VS EVANS press conference. They were real lovey dovey up there. I think they both got sick of the whole thing because the UFC forced them to do so much media. They both were just nice and didn't even seem to care. It looks like the rivalry is dead.
i figured they didn't care..

there is wayyyyy to build up for this fight and they are milking every minute of it..

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

They're moving Silva VS Sonnen to UFC 148, July 7th in Las Vegas. I knew they would never do that fight in Brazil. :(

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

:wutang:

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Any way to watch the Aoki fight over the innanets?

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

^^^i second that request^^^^

and also aoki's gonna murder alvarez

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

bellator.com and spike.com broadcast the entire show prelims-main card on their site commercial free.

The only problem is i think it may not work outside of north america.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Your hero.

Let the photoshop explosion begin.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Moolah wrote:fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

if you block out the left half of that picture, you have just seen Anderson Silva naked

thats what i thought so at first on my iphoneezy, but then enlarged it wasnt as ghey

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

nh