Official 2012 MLB Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

capable_keL wrote:kinda impressed by the way tampa bay rolls with this swagger. i might have to put them ahead of my royals and tigers because they are what a real ball club looks like
https://twitter.com/RaysJoeMaddon/statu ... 7758539776

:copy:

Brawl is on for tonight.

citizen

Post by citizen »

Big Breeze wrote:Too many Cardinals that matter have been on the DL.

Once they get healthy, we will jack 1st place back.
oh, ok. thanks for the info.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Paul Konerko deserves more respect. He's a god damn ball player

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
capable_keL wrote:kinda impressed by the way tampa bay rolls with this swagger. i might have to put them ahead of my royals and tigers because they are what a real ball club looks like
https://twitter.com/RaysJoeMaddon/statu ... 7758539776

:copy:

Brawl is on for tonight.
i'm locked in on your club and realizing you've been around a better type of baseball than most and thus deserve room to enjoy the better team or the team ball purists would pick every time
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:Paul Konerko deserves more respect. He's a god damn ball player
a career .863 ops player with over 400 homers without steroid whispers? fucking kudos to konerko

:cheers:
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Chipper Jones has faced a host of nasty pitchers over his 18-year career, from Curt Schilling to Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez to Justin Verlander, but he said the young Nationals starter Stephen Strasburg is the nastiest of them all.

ג€œHeג€™s got the best repertoire of pitches that Iג€™ve seen on any one single pitcher,ג€ Jones said Friday.

Strasburg takes on the Braves and Mike Minor on Saturday.

Jones called Strasburg a hybrid of Kerry Wood in his prime and Verlander, with a similar fastball and breaking ball. But the difference to Jones is how good Strasburgג€™s change-up is.

ג€œVerlanderג€™s got a good change-up, but his is a circle change that just kind of fades away,ג€ Jones said. ג€œ(Strasburgג€™s) is a 90-plus mph split that falls off the table. When youג€™re going up there getting geared up for 95, 96 mph and he throws you 90 and the bottom drops out of it, itג€™s a pretty lethal combination.ג€
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

props to adam jones btw, the once uber-prospect turned formidable matt kemp-lite pro who was the major piece for the orioles to obtain in the bedard trade

oh yea, props b/c he just signed a 85 million dollar deal for the next 6 years...smart deal by the O's as every metric points towards jones being able to be kemp-lite for a while
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

damnit. bryce harper is a mormon
Nets 2022

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:Paul Konerko deserves more respect. He's a god damn ball player
he is crazy good. he lacks the charisma that the media likes otherwise he'd be way more popular. imagine if he played for the yankees or red sox?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Philaflava wrote:
he is crazy good. he lacks the charisma that the media likes otherwise he'd be way more popular. imagine if he played for the yankees or red sox?
and he keeps getting beaned in the face and coming back the next day

i like that

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Yeah, who the fuck peaks in their mid-30s without the benefit of steroids? Konerko's performance this season has been mind-boggling. The nerve of this guy to fuck with Josh Hamilton's triple crown.

He couldn't leg out a hit if his life depended on it, and meanwhile, he's gonna enter June with a .400 average.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

konerko keeps on keepin on. he's the melky of the AL

:bow:

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

he's got old man strength and veteran savvy

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

ok guys that's enough. don't make it untrendy to dig konerko too soon
Nets 2022

Kid That's Lifeless

Dude has been the MVP of my fantasy league with my friends from HS. Got him in the tenth round.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

bryce is legit
Nets 2022

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Dude has been the MVP of my fantasy league with my friends from HS. Got him in the tenth round.
what league?

Kid That's Lifeless

capable_keL wrote:
Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Dude has been the MVP of my fantasy league with my friends from HS. Got him in the tenth round.
what league?
The league I'm in with my friends from high school. I'm mediocre in :phila: leagues, but :copy: ing that one.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Here's a statement just released by George Brett on getting passed today by Derek Jeter for No. 14 on the all-time hit list with 3,155 hits:

"Iג€™m always kind of bummed out when guys pass you because you had your own place in the records book for a while, and I had that one there for a while. But a guy like Derek comes around and passes you, really, I think it all depends on the type of person that did it. I have the utmost respect for him. Iג€™ve only met him one time, very briefly, but for a guy to play as long as he has in New York, and Iג€™ve never heard one bad thing said about the guy, heג€™s definitely a team player, heג€™s a clutch player. Heג€™s been the backbone of this organization for a long, long time and when a guy like that passes you, Iג€™d like to shake his hand and look him in the eye and say congratulations.ג€
Nets 2022

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

capable_keL wrote:
what league?
The league I'm in with my friends from high school. I'm mediocre in :phila: leagues, but :copy: ing that one.
nice

dominating non phila leagues means nothing to be anymore

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J_VAjuuR0QU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J_VAjuuR0QU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Nets 2022

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

capable_keL wrote:
capable_keL wrote:
what league?
nice

dominating non phila leagues means nothing to be anymore
:copy: :cheers:

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

i'm just glad no one wanted him more than auto-draft did.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

mike trout vs bryce harper will be a debate we discuss for the next twenty years. shit is crazy. they're both so fucking good at such a young age.

two things are clear as fuck: trout is a better stolen base threat and is a better fielder by far when using UZR (although trout's arm isn't as much of a threat as harper's and harper has held cats to sticking to their base and not attempting to tag up or holding cats to singles when they'd normally get doubles, etc. shit that uzr doesn't incorporate enough imo)

but then some other shit is clear too: harper has a better eye (not by a big margin). he's fucking 19 years old (a full year and two months younger than trout by the way) and has the highest bb% of all rookies while having one of the lower k% rates.

all the comparisons won't be fair until next year imo. trout had his major league debut and subsequent growing pains done last year and is now raking. harper had his debut and growing pains but showed much more results at a quicker/younger stage than trout, so i don't think it's fair to throw harper under the bus and just definitively say trout is better...it's even more absurd to me that buster olney has no problem quoting a scout who says trout will be the best player in the game by next year or listing stats that justify why olney thinks trout is one of the best already, all while ignoring bryce harper who is on a team that is winning more who has comparable/better offensive stats than trout in equal sample sizes (both with about 27 games and 120 PA...only don't forget trout had 40 games/135 PA under his belt from last year already)

BB%/K%/ISO

12%/16.2%/.238

vs.

10%/23.9%/.189
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

matt moore vs chris sale...so far a sick pitching dual...

sale is nasty! crazy 3/4 delivery that looks closer to sidearm and just filthy stuff
Nets 2022

wuk

Post by wuk »

sale just left with 15 Ks... was a pleasure to watch today.
ryebread mixes. <--------download

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

wuk wrote:sale just left with 15 Ks... was a pleasure to watch today.
i guess the elbow is ok then?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

The debate we should have for the next 20 years is Mike Trout vs Tim Salmon vs Kevin Bass.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Positive A wrote:The debate we should have for the next 20 years is Mike Trout vs Tim Salmon vs Kevin Bass.
Mike Carp want in on that one too

Tim Lincecum is currently the worst pitcher in the Giants starting rotation

PEACE