NBA Draft/Offseason Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

eternalreflection wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:yeah, but seriously this isn't legit in a $5 Fantasy league let alone the NBA

Kobe forces Shaq out of LA, gets gifted a top10 player for free wins 2 rings, they drop off again, get gifted the 3rd best player in the league at .70/$1

so gay
Long as it isn't cheating or breaking any rules a owner can do whatever he wants. The NO thing was unique and nothing to do with this.

If Howard is 3rd best player, who is 2nd? And Peyton Manning doesn't count...
Durant

Its really close but if Dwight is healthy and gives a fuck, which he likely will, he should move back into the #2 spot
I remember when you said Durant was not even close to the top. Howard is still easily number 2 to me.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Him playing with a real pg is going to be scary..
Howard ranked 6th in the NBA in points created (via shot and pass) in the post last season at 14.9 per-game... among TEAMS.
And last year was his 'down' season..

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Gregg Popabitch wrote: I refuse to put Mitch Kupchak in the top 5 GM category when he gets gift wrapped awesome trades like this.
That's BS. Look at that lineup...to call him anything less than a top 5 GM is absurd. Plus even if you can somehow justify not giving him props for getting Dwight, then you at least need to acknowledge the work he did in keeping Pau.

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

peanut butter wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote: I refuse to put Mitch Kupchak in the top 5 GM category when he gets gift wrapped awesome trades like this.
That's BS. Look at that lineup...to call him anything less than a top 5 GM is absurd. Plus even if you can somehow justify not giving him props for getting Dwight, then you at least need to acknowledge the work he did in keeping Pau.

PEACE
Sorry to be making this my personal blog, but I really want to know where trade talks started out at.. Did Lakers say, "We will give you Josh McRoberts and 2028 2nd round pick.", and then Magic felt great they moved all the way up from that? None of us have been in backroom, but you would imagine you never end up where either team first offer starts at. Got to wonder how horrible the Lakers original starting offer was.

And I bet Denver and Philly thought it was prank call when they heard what they were supposed to do to be part of trade.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

lol @ that noam schiller tweet.

Brokewax

Post by Brokewax »

Mitch effectively took Bynum/draft picks/the vet min and turned them Howard, Nash, Jamison, and Jodie Meeks. :bow:

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

GOOD RIDDENCE IGGY

MOST FRUSTRATING PLAYER TO WATCH EVER

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

LOL JODIE MEEKS ISN'T REALLY WORTH MENTIONING BRAH

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Brokewax wrote:Mitch effectively took Bynum/draft picks/the vet min and turned them Howard, Nash, Jamison, and Chris Duhon. :bow:
UBM CD COMING SOON

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

The more I think about it, the more it makes me mad just purely as an amateur arm-chair GM. Not only did they not get anything worth any value back, but they took on two fucking horrible contracts and still have Turkoglu on the books. Looking at their roster, they might be the worst team in NBA history. WHAT DID YOU ACCOMPLISH WITH THIS DEAL! I AM SERIOUSLY SO CONFUSED! I DON'T UNDERSTAND!
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brokewax

Post by Brokewax »

Mo Cheeks wrote:LOL JODIE MEEKS ISN'T REALLY WORTH MENTIONING BRAH
He is when you have Steve Blake playing back up to Kobe :err:

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Isn't Jodie Meeks a solid shooter?

on a team where people have to worry about Kobe, Dwight, Nash, and Pau.....having a shooter out there means something.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Mo Cheeks wrote:GOOD RIDDENCE IGGY

Wow... Iggy was one of the most unappreciated players in basketball. Top 3 perimeter defender in league, and might be the best.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

naturalborn103 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:yeah, but seriously this isn't legit in a $5 Fantasy league let alone the NBA

Kobe forces Shaq out of LA, gets gifted a top10 player for free wins 2 rings, they drop off again, get gifted the 3rd best player in the league at .70/$1

so gay
Long as it isn't cheating or breaking any rules a owner can do whatever he wants. The NO thing was unique and nothing to do with this.

If Howard is 3rd best player, who is 2nd? And Peyton Manning doesn't count...
Durant

Its really close but if Dwight is healthy and gives a fuck, which he likely will, he should move back into the #2 spot
I remember when you said Durant was not even close to the top. Howard is still easily number 2 to me.
because in 2011 it wasn't close, then Durant was playing better and Howard slacked off

he should be motivated now, but until he shows it I'd leave him at 3, pretty massive drop after the top 3

best possible lol outcome for the season

Kobe out injured, Lakers still beat a healthy Miami in the Finals, with Dwight LA could copy much of what Dallas did vs Lebron to shut him down

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:Isn't Jodie Meeks a solid shooter?

on a team where people have to worry about Kobe, Dwight, Nash, and Pau.....having a shooter out there means something.
On that team he'll do well. He'll be the non-bork version of Vujacic.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

naturalborn103 wrote:

Wow... Iggy was one of the most unappreciated players in basketball. Top 3 perimeter defender in league, and might be the best.
he was being paid to do much more than defend, and his defense is overrated as fuck, he would get owned in crunch time

that being said I appreciated what he did but he set the franchise back big time and its not all his fault

he was killer in the playoffs last year but it waas time to move on

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

everyone always defends Iggy wit the "if he was on this team" argument

the fact of the matter is he wasn't, he was paid to be the #1 option

he still makes rookie mistakes in his 8th year, fadeaway three points in crunch time- never drove to the lane to draw the foul (minus the great play vs Chicago in the playoffs) when he did that it was like dude this is what we have been saying

solid player yes, but nowhere near a leader, horrendous decision making, poor to avg shooter, terrible free through shooter

he brought excitement to the arena with his dunks but would follow it up with three bonehead mistakes

time for ET and Jrue to shine

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Philaflava wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:Isn't Jodie Meeks a solid shooter?

On that team he'll do well. He'll be the non-bork version of Vujacic.

When Doug relied on JOdie off the bench it seemed like he was ice cold, hence the reason he was in the starting lineup over Turner for a good part of the year (terrible decision if you ask me)

Hes an avg shooter, misses alot of open shots

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Yea, Iggy was overpaid, but his defense was not overrated. He also is a great passer.

Turner on the other hand I think is horrible. He can't shoot and is too slow to get by people. Only good thing about his is can board up. The sooner 76ers get over the fact they drafted a bust at 2 and stop trying to thrust him into a big role the better.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Mo Cheeks wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:

he was being paid to do much more than defend, and his defense is overrated as fuck, he would get owned in crunch time

that being said I appreciated what he did but he set the franchise back big time and its not all his fault

Iguodala is basically a more perimeter Shawn Marion. He's an athletic freak with virtually no individual offensive game and relies on his athleticism to get by. His stupidity offensively far outweighs his "Top 3 perimeter defensive" ability which is LOL at best. He sucks but fits in well with Denver because of their transition game.

Saying he was "paid more to do than defend" is really pretty dumb. He is who he is, if Philly didn't know what type of player he was when they threw all that money at him, that's they're own damn fault. He's never been a viable offensive option. Anyone who can't see that should probably be GM of the Magic.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Do you count passing as individual offensive game? And how is better perimeter defender then him? Only people you could argue are Lebron and Tony Allen IMO.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

stupidregister wrote:
Iguodala is basically a more perimeter Shawn Marion. He's an athletic freak with virtually no individual offensive game and relies on his athleticism to get by. His stupidity offensively far outweighs his "Top 3 perimeter defensive" ability which is LOL at best. He sucks but fits in well with Denver because of their transition game.

Saying he was "paid more to do than defend" is really pretty dumb. He is who he is, if Philly didn't know what type of player he was when they threw all that money at him, that's they're own damn fault. He's never been a viable offensive option. Anyone who can't see that should probably be GM of the Magic.
:roll: you're just plain wrong. iggy is top 5 in his position at ballhandling, passing, finishing in the lane, and hitting foul shots.
Nets 2022

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Iggy was a great player just not a great guy to build around. He is a piece, not a centerpiece. I think the system was not great for him. DC knew it and that is why he realized ET is the guy who was going to replace him last year.

He's lack of consistency in scoring and lack of charisma (leadership) never worked in Philly. He was never truly accepted kinda like McNabb. He'll do great in Denver. Sixers will be much better too.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Why do people think Turner is good? He is pretty much everything you complain about Iggy about plus none of the positive Iggy has.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Don't care how it happened. I'm happy LA got Howard. Kobe gets 7 rings and retires. :D

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

naturalborn103 wrote:Why do people think Turner is good? He is pretty much everything you complain about Iggy about plus none of the positive Iggy has.
He got much better last year. I agree that he has been unimpressive for a majority of his short career, and will likely never become the type of player you want to take with the #2 overall, but he showed some real development last year. It will be interesting to see whether he continues to grow next year, or takes a step back in Iggy's absence.

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I'm much more interested in Thad young development.

I don't see good future for turner. A slow guard with no jumper and not good d. Only thing I like about him is he can board up.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

naturalborn103 wrote:I'm much more interested in Thad young development.
I agree 100%

Best case scenario, what type of player do you see him becoming? Like who would he be comparable to?

PEACE

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

stupidregister wrote:
Mo Cheeks wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:

JFC I just agreed with StupidRegister

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

IGGY SUCKS peace out faggot