Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

odium-LSC

Re: Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Post by odium-LSC »

Just finished watching the Celtic v. Helsinborg champions league game. Celtic won 4-0 on aggregate. psyched about that.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Ajax stays getting put in Real's group, seeing them get bounced on that Lyon fixed shit last year was shameful and disgusting.

too bad for Dortmund was hoping to see them make it out of group.

A Porto Dynamo Kiev Paris Saint-Germain Dinamo Zagreb
B Arsenal Schalke Olympiacos Montpellier
C AC Milan Zenit St. Petersburg Anderlecht Malaga
D Real Madrid Manchester City Ajax Borussia Dortmund
E Chelsea Shakhtar Donetsk Juventus Nordsjaelland
F Bayern Munich Valencia Lille Bate Borisov
G Barcelona Benfica Spartak Moskow Celtic
H Manchester United Braga Galatasaray CFR Cluj

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

4 domestic champions from the 4 biggest leagues in Europe is in the same group (okay, so Eresdivision is actually the 6th best league or so, but it sounds more cool that way).

United's group is a joke as usual.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I agree, it's really stupid. It's nice to see some lower clubs advance and big clubs play a home and home but it's so uneven it almost ruins it for me.

It's not like Arsenal's group is all that tough either though.

On an unrelated note, QPR have had my favorite transfer window of any club in the world. Now if only they had a real manager...
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Req

Post by Req »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:4 domestic champions from the 4 biggest leagues in Europe is in the same group (okay, so Eresdivision is actually the 6th best league or so, but it sounds more cool that way).

United's group is a joke as usual.
uhh, Arsenal's group is a fucking cakewalk.
F.U. MOOLAH

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Lol at the prospect of NONE of Lloris, Willian, and Moutinho coming. Another shit window. Fuck, bros. is Levy retarded?

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

really looking forward to the chelsea/juve match

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Andy Carroll to West Ham. Hats off to the chairmen, and Sam and Kevin Nolan.

If we can get Benayoun too... Man.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Laudrup stays pillaging La Liga.

Moutinho and Lloris looks to be done but I won't believe anything until I see it.

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Dempsey ?!?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

b0mbs_of_death wrote:Dempsey ?!?
He's in. Fuck yes. Lloris too. The only thing delaying Moutinho was salary shit. I don't know what's happened there. I assume that's out now??

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:Andy Carroll to West Ham. Hats off to the chairmen, and Sam and Kevin Nolan.

Looks like you got him.

There's something interesting going on in West Ham. Love the striker/forward situation. Carroll, Cole, Maiga, Vaz Te...Formidable imo. Not world beaters by any stretch, but fucking legit.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

aaaahhh...so Pool has two forwards going into the year? one of whom is a completely unproven shrimp from serie A, and the other an erratic racist south american who blows 3 to 4 golden scoring chances every game. why would we need more than 2? its not like we having been lacking goals or anything!!!!???!?!?!?! smh

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Positive A wrote:
b0mbs_of_death wrote:Dempsey ?!?
He's in. Fuck yes. Lloris too. The only thing delaying Moutinho was salary shit. I don't know what's happened there. I assume that's out now??
So yeah, Dempsey and Lloris are finalized but Moutinho didn't go through. Also sold Dos Santos to Mallorca on a four years contract, retaining 50 percent ownership with no option to repurchase him :lol: Ah well, Vertonghen, Dempele, Lloris, Adebayor, Sigurdsson and Dempsey to Spurs? I'm pleased. I think if they can gel well then we're looking a fair amount more formidable.

In other Transfer News, Joey Barton got his year loan to Marseille, Berbatov to Fulham, Stephane Mbia to QPR, Michael Essien on a year long loan to Real Madrid and Nicklas Bendtner to Juventus on a year loan.

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

Being an arsenal fan these days is like living in a lolwhut? meme. Shit is disgusting, yo.

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Positive A wrote:
Y@k Bollocks wrote:Andy Carroll to West Ham. Hats off to the chairmen, and Sam and Kevin Nolan.

Looks like you got him.

There's something interesting going on in West Ham. Love the striker/forward situation. Carroll, Cole, Maiga, Vaz Te...Formidable imo. Not world beaters by any stretch, but fucking legit.
Benayoun and Jarvis providing the ammo too. Think that's a decent looking team now. We'll see. Was hoping to stay up this season, but my expectations are a lot higher now.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Word. I fully expect west Ham to win the world cup this season.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

jamrage wrote: Yeah, it's too much for a guy that doesn't seem to do what Spurs need right now...a goal scorer. Not the Fulham midfielder I would have made a move for either.
:smugkid:

Hell yeah, Dempsey! Love it.

Will Spurs go 4-4-1-1 now with Dempsey in a Rooney type role?

A very nice upgrade at keeper as well. Fuck yeah.

If Spurs still need a striker they can get one at the second deadline.

Other moves that haven't been mentioned:

Charlie Adam to Stoke.

Granero to QPR

Berbatov to Fulham

Maicon to City

Some very nice moves by West Ham, and what the fuck is Arsenal doing?
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Also, I have to say it was something else to see Falcao single handedly destroy Chelsea. Chelsea were never in the game, and looked like they couldn't care less. Athletico are a very good team indeed. What I'd give to have Falcao at Tottenham...

But I shouldn't be greedy.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Granero to QPR is a great move by them. Really solid player.

And yeah, the Super Cup demonstrated what an early goal will get you when facing a team like Chelsea. SMH. If Alexis scores that dink over Cech in the first leg of the CL semis.... I'm going to go drown a cat...

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Starting to fall out of love with Arsenal. Not because they're not good enough but because they're not doing enough to take the club to the next level. It's a glossy corporation run by silent businessmen who are interested in finances above sports. When Wenger goes the club will lose it's last bit of personality and character. We've made about a £100m in profits from the transfer-market in the last decade, probably the same amount that Spurs have poured down the toiilet in the same interval, that might be impressive in itself but why should the fans care and why should we even compare ourself to second-tier clubs when we used to be the elite of Europe. We'll still finish in the top 4 and have a few good games to remember from the season, but it's just demotivating to know we start this campaign without a chance to win anything. Not because we can't but because rich men with suits and cigars decided it doesn't matter.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Starting to fall out of love with Arsenal. Not because they're not good enough but because they're not doing enough to take the club to the next level. It's a glossy corporation run by silent businessmen who are interested in finances above sports. When Wenger goes the club will lose it's last bit of personality and character. We've made about a £100m in profits from the transfer-market in the last decade, probably the same amount that Spurs have poured down the toiilet in the same interval, that might be impressive in itself but why should the fans care and why should we even compare ourself to second-tier clubs when we used to be the elite of Europe. We'll still finish in the top 4 and have a few good games to remember from the season, but it's just demotivating to know we start this campaign without a chance to win anything. Not because we can't but because rich men with suits and cigars decided it doesn't matter.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Starting to fall out of love with Arsenal. Not because they're not good enough but because they're not doing enough to take the club to the next level. It's a glossy corporation run by silent businessmen who are interested in finances above sports. When Wenger goes the club will lose it's last bit of personality and character. We've made about a £100m in profits from the transfer-market in the last decade, probably the same amount that Spurs have poured down the toiilet in the same interval, that might be impressive in itself but why should the fans care and why should we even compare ourself to second-tier clubs when we used to be the elite of Europe. We'll still finish in the top 4 and have a few good games to remember from the season, but it's just demotivating to know we start this campaign without a chance to win anything. Not because we can't but because rich men with suits and cigars decided it doesn't matter.
They're an embarrassment. They have zero ambition and they're not even trying to hide it. Who the fuck cares about profits? Profits don't win you shit, you think fans care about how much money the club makes? Do fans see any of that money? The only time they do is if there's investment back into the club with purchases. Anyone who says "it's a good bit of business" is a fucking lemming. They don't have a legitimate plan to compete, I think all they care about is being just good and just cheap enough to make the Champion's League to collect the checks that go along with it without having to spend a penny more. They need a whole new board and a whole new philosophy. Wegner deserves part of the blame as well. He doesn't have the pocketbook that the other major clubs have (which is a travesty in and of itself) but the funds he has had, he's spent on guys like Joel Campbell, Park Chu-Yung or whom the fuck ever, Arshavin, Andre Santos etc. But if I was working in a situation like that, I would have told the board I'm walking. Instead he sticks around like a yes-man, going along with the whole bit like it's some sort of acceptable football philosophy. It hurts to say this but I hope Arsenal don't make the Champion's League (not that that's unlikely to happen). I hope they finish somewhere in the mid-table because it's the only chance of survival this club has.

Arsenal are a football club not an investment business. Start treating it like one.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

odium-LSC wrote:Word. I fully expect west Ham to win the world cup this season.
Not sure if you're taking the piss there, because West Ham did actually win the World Cup in 1966, as we love reminding everyone.

Fulham looked really poor earlier - clearly missing Dempsey and Dembele. Carroll had a great game and the match was enjoyable to watch - I await the "allardyce hoofball lol" comments.

Tickets for Norwich away arrived this morning. :stick:

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Fucking Tottenham can't hold a lead to save their life right now.

To draw with WBA and Norwich at home is hugely disappointing.

On the plus side, Dembele looked pretty good, and actually scored which is great. Freidel kept us in the game.

I know it's early but it seems to be a similar start to what Chelsea had last year with AVB. The players don't really seem motivated at all. Fuck it, bring Redknapp back!!!!

Hopefully Clint will get some game time soon.

I'm excited to watch West Ham the rest of the way, but that hamstring injury could keep Carroll out for a while. Shame, really because he looked good.

Speaking of injury, did anyone see Rooney's nasty gash last weekend? Here it is if you missed it, but it's kind of gory: http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en ... ,s:0,i:106

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:
Not sure if you're taking the piss there, because West Ham did actually win the World Cup in 1966, as we love reminding everyone.

Fully taking the piss. How the hell does a club win the world cup? West ham is a country?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

This was the worst Tottenham has played of the 3 matches thus far. Just brutal. Livermore poor. Gylfi WTF? Huddlestone? Jesus Christ. Just a train wreck out there today.

If not for Friedel, we wouldn't have gotten a point. He made crazy saves.

Dembele, though. That pull back to get the ball on his left. I came.

West Ham was the total opposite of what I watched a week ago. Fantastic and Andy was great.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

odium-LSC wrote:
Y@k Bollocks wrote:

Fully taking the piss. How the hell does a club win the world cup? West ham is a country?
No, fool. Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst, and Martin Peters were a significant reason why England won the World Cup in 1966. They all played for West Ham.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

West Ham is a country!! Yak Bollocks for a UN seat! Someone. Make this happen.

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

lol @ Per's yellow card...are you kidding me?