***NBA 2012-2013 SEASON THREAD***

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

peanut butter

Re: ***NBA 2012-2013 SEASON THREAD***

Post by peanut butter »

Shoutout the Kings announcers for their unfailing homerism. Kyrie just shook Jimmer with the dribble at the top of the key, but got his shot blocked at the rim by DMC, and the guys on the call just said that Jimmer did a good job of getting help from his teammates on defense.

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

And only moments afterwards, the guys give Jimmer credit for having a "good, low center of gravity" and "getting into a defensive stance" as Kyrie cashes a jumper off the dribble on him.

PEACE

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Pronay wrote:Image
Is this real life or is this just fantasy

an-also

Post by an-also »

Pronay wrote:Image
:lol:

alpha

Post by alpha »

:ohsh:

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Yeah, that is ridiculous.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^^

also pb the kings announcers are top 3 worst homers fo sho
Nets 2022

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

It's their job to be homers... they follow one team across the country for 82 games. What do you expect them to do? I will never understand people who complain about local broadcasters being homers.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I don't agree that it's impossible for broadcasters to call a fair game while working for an organization. But that's beside the point, because I was praising the guys in Sac for their dedication to the art of homerism. It takes a special brand of asshole to be confronted by the truth, and then repeatedly elect to ignore it because it doesnt reflect well on your team. That is pretty impressive, really.

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Denver-Portland is a fun game that features some pretty great match ups: Lawson/Lillard, Iggy/Batman, Athlete/Manimal and Javale/Javale

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

You have league pass you fat fag Hayzoos? If so then you know there are many different levels of homerism, and Kings announcers are near the worst.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

naturalborn103 wrote:You have league pass you fat fag Hayzoos? If so then you know there are many different levels of homerism, and Kings announcers are near the worst.
:epic:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Hayzoos wrote:It's their job to be homers... they follow one team across the country for 82 games. What do you expect them to do? I will never understand people who complain about local broadcasters being homers.
first of all ya dumb fuck, "homer" is a pejorative term. it's not something good you idiot. the best local broadcasters are real fans, not homers. that is they actually critique the team honestly...yes they praise the team when they do well and the announcer gets more volume and excitement for highlight plays by his team, but when they fuck up blatanlty or on a bad run they will, you know, be honest and descriptive, not delusional and HOMERish

you are the dumbest motherfucker alive.
Nets 2022

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Lol dude why do you get yourself so worked up over my posts?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

damn lakers' second unit even worse with earl clark starting
Nets 2022

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

So I'm new to League Pass this year, and have noticed some awesome homer announcing. Who are you top homers? I never remember names just the teams. Here's my faves.

Utah. Harpring I do remember cause he's ridiculously blatant. Yells at the other team at times.

Sacramento. There's things they choose to ignore, like PB's example. Although they do notice the bad calls Cousins gets, because of his rep as a ball of emotions.

Boston. The night Rondo got into it with Humpries, they were at the top of their game. The went out of their way to defend KG and Rondo, even tho they were the ones being dicks. One of the Nets shouldn't have been ejected, but they failed to notice.

San Antonio. Sean Elliot. Makes Reggie seem good.

Clippers. I remember PB talking bout them saying some questionable shit about Haddidi. When the Wolves were playing they called Shved, "Shed". Then explained that it's a silent v. I swear it was something out of fuckin Anchorman. They honestly didn't know a thing about him. It was mind bottling.

Please add.
Buy my mixtape.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

T Rav wrote:So I'm new to League Pass this year, and have noticed some awesome homer announcing. Who are you top homers? I never remember names just the teams. Here's my faves.

Utah. Harpring I do remember cause he's ridiculously blatant. Yells at the other team at times.

Sacramento. There's things they choose to ignore, like PB's example. Although they do notice the bad calls Cousins gets, because of his rep as a ball of emotions.

Boston. The night Rondo got into it with Humpries, they were at the top of their game. The went out of their way to defend KG and Rondo, even tho they were the ones being dicks. One of the Nets shouldn't have been ejected, but they failed to notice.

Clippers. I remember PB talking bout them saying some questionable shit about Haddidi. When the Wolves were playing they called Shved, "Shed". Then explained that it's a silent v. I swear it was something out of fuckin Anchorman. They honestly didn't know a thing about him. It was mind bottling.

Please add.
:rofl:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

when was the last time monta ellis went 3 for 9 from the free throw line?
Nets 2022

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

My real favourite announcers may be the Cav's guys.
Buy my mixtape.

Brokewax

Post by Brokewax »

Reason wrote:damn lakers' second unit even worse with earl clark starting

I don't think I've ever seen a worse back up PG line up than Duhon/Morris. :err:

Oh well, I'm glad to see Earl Clark's getting minutes. He really seems to have turned shit around since da gawd George Karl picked him to shoot that tech. :lol:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

T Rav wrote:
THIS.
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

T Rav wrote:So I'm new to League Pass this year, and have noticed some awesome homer announcing. Who are you top homers? I never remember names just the teams. Here's my faves.

Please add.
Drexler is comedy for the Rockets.

I like how Breen does knicks games.

Boston has Tommy Heisnson, probably the biggest homer of all. The only thing that make it a little better is that he is the ultimate Celtic and was great player who won chips playing and coaching Cs, so he has earned right to be a homer. Everyone else, including Mike Gorman, the other announcer, know he is a huge homer and make fun of him for it. Brian "white mamba" Scalabrine does most of away games for C's since Heinson is old as shit and he is one of the best local play by play there are.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I really only watch Clippers games(not really but more than any other team) and the announcers are the worst.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Reason wrote:
T Rav wrote:
THIS.
yup

would have also accepted mario elie
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Hawks suspend, fine forward Josh Smith
Jeff Zillgitt, USA TODAY Sports11:49a.m. EST January 16, 2013

(Photo: Brad Mills-USA TODAY Sports)
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Hawks penalize Josh Smith for "conduct detrimental to the team."
Atlanta is struggling, losing seven of their past nine games, after a 19-9 start.
Smith apologized to his teammates and fans for missing Wednesday's home game vs. Nets.
The Atlanta Hawks suspended forward Josh Smith one game and fined him an undisclosed amount for "conduct detrimental to the team," the Hawks general manager Danny Ferry said in a statement Wednesday.

Smith will miss Wednesday's home game against the Brooklyn Nets.

"Josh and I discussed the issue and he understood and accepted this course of action," Ferry said. "We are confident that he will respond positively, learn from this experience and come back with a renewed sense of purpose to the team moving forward."

The Hawks (21-16) are struggling, especially offensively, in their past nine games, seven of which were on the road. The Hawks were 2-7 in that stretch, losing four in a row and have lost to the Detroit Pistons, Minnesota Timberwolves, Cleveland Cavaliers and Washington Wizards.

Before the losing seven of nine games, the Hawks were 19-9 and had the third-best record in the Eastern Conference. Two weeks into January, Atlanta is in sixth place, just a game ahead of the surging Boston Celtics.

The low point might have been Monday when the Hawks were beaten 97-58 by the Chicago Bulls in a game in which they scored five points in the second quarter and 20 in the first half.

"Clearly I am competitive and was frustrated by our recent losses," Smith said in a statement. "I understand and respect the team's actions and just want to get back on the court to do whatever is necessary to help my teammates. I apologize for letting them down and apologize to our fans for not being available for tonight's game."

Smith is averaging 16.5 points, 8.3 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 2.3 blocks and 1.3 steals this season.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Reggie Miller's voice is sooooo grating though.

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

naturalborn103 wrote: Drexler is comedy for the Rockets.
I just caught a game this week, and you're absolutely right. I only stuck around for 5 mins.
Buy my mixtape.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

and i gotta say, re: mike breen, i agree with nat. he can be very critical of the team when they're being stupid, and he doesn't downplay highlights by opposing players...but his knick die-hard fandom is obvious
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i know joe pesci and i are the only ones who watch nets games but ian eagle is easily a top 5 play-by-play guy for nba team announcers and jim spinarkle is pretty good too...their chemistry is off the charts
Nets 2022

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Reason wrote:i know joe pesci and i are the only ones who watch nets games but ian eagle is easily a top 5 play-by-play guy for nba team announcers and jim spinarkle is pretty good too...their chemistry is off the charts
I watch them occasionally and I would agree. They're good AND fair.
They also have the two most retarded names ever.
Pronouncing "Ian" Like "Ion" makes me :owens: for some reason. his parents were assholes.