Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

VideoKilledThe

Re: Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Positive A wrote:And right on cue he fucking misses. What a fucking asshole...
:lol: :lol: :lol: he was so nonchalant.

JOE COLE after the sitter.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

What made Scott Parker wake up this morning and think he's Pele? When the fuck did that happen? He's dribbling around the middle of the park like its going out of style...

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Gylfi Sigurdsson. He of the divine right foot. Can score from outside the box. From dead ball situations. THAT is how he gets his first goal for Spurs. But I'll take it...

Req

Post by Req »

worst defending evar :lol: :lol: :lol:
F.U. MOOLAH

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Holy

Fuck

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

DDDAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNNNYOOOOO

Req

Post by Req »

outstanding, but i have no fucking idea why they keep standing 5 yards off him within that range.
F.U. MOOLAH

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Req wrote:outstanding, but i have no fucking idea why they keep standing 5 yards off him within that range.
Week in, week out (during this unreal stretch) he's had time and space to get that left foot off. Late in that match, Lennon had the ball deep in the right corner and 4 West Ham players smothered him. That didnt' happen with Bale ONCE.

I've never seen a stretch like this from a Spurs man.

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Great victory, but man, NY Hammers are SUCH bad losers.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Fucking Bale. Pains me to say but dude is the best in the league, and possibly in the world, at the moment.
Fucking Bale. Keebler elf looking motherfucker.
Fucking Bale. The only solace I have is that he won't be on Spurs come the summertime.

FOYS.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

stupidregister wrote: Fucking Bale. The only solace I have is that he won't be on Spurs come the summertime.
If Spurs miss Champions League, you are right, and Tottenham will fall into an ungodly amount of money. If they do make Champions League, he will be with Tottenham next season.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Positive A wrote:
stupidregister wrote: Fucking Bale. The only solace I have is that he won't be on Spurs come the summertime.
If Spurs miss Champions League, you are right, and Tottenham will fall into an ungodly amount of money. If they do make Champions League, he will be with Tottenham next season.
I agree although I think he's staying either way for now. Bale IS Tottenham and they've been building something there for a few years now, I can't see him abandoning ship just yet especially with the CL so close. I think they'll make the CL so it's probably moot and I think he'd at least wanna see out his first campaign with them but maybe I'm being naive about it. Spurs have a brutal stretch coming up...and well, they are Spurs so falling out is more likely to happen than not.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

If we make Champions league, smartest thing Levy can do is just give Bale the new TV money since right now, he's pretty much the only player on that team worth watching. Actually Lennon has been pretty fucking good too, but I mean Adebayor look like he would rather be playing in the Revolution versus looking like he was in it. Courcuff goes to Newcastle for change and has already scored like 3.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

b0mbs_of_death wrote:he's pretty much the only player on that team worth watching
GYLF SCORED A STUNNER TODAY, BRO

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Gareth Bale is running shit.

Game shouldn't have been that close even with Tottenham playing uninterested ball for most of the match. Still, I felt bad for Hammers fans, Jaskelainen was playing out of his mind and they didn't even get a point out of it.

Someone else needs to step up for Tottenham though. Dempsey and Defoe are hurt, Adebayor is stealing money, and Gylfi hasn't really done shit all season long. Lennon has had a good season, but he needs to be a bit more consistent.

Spurs officially in third place with the Arsenal game at home next week. It's all there for the taking.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Fuck Barca!

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Anyone else find it funny that Gus Johnson is doing the play-by-play for Fox Soccer now? He's actually not as bad as I would have expected given his limited knowledge of the players/game.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

jamrage wrote:Anyone else find it funny that Gus Johnson is doing the play-by-play for Fox Soccer now? He's actually not as bad as I would have expected given his limited knowledge of the players/game.
They're prepping him for the World Cup.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Anyone else watching Bayern v. Dortmund in the German Cup?

Really impressed with Dante.

Guun

Post by Guun »

Dante has been outstanding this year. Well deserved to be called up to the Brazilian national side. Bayern has been a little shaky on D the last few years aside from Lahm. I really think this is the best Bayern side I've seen in years. I'd love to see Barcelona-Bayern face off in the champs league at some point.

Also, Robben's goal was really nice. Hopefully he keeps it up, maybe Heyneckes should bench him more often to lite the fire under his ass.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Yeah, Dante and Martinez have added a real solidity to that team. At this point, with Kroos' development, I think they're the best team in Europe. Looks like Guardiola picked a good time to head to Bavaria. :owens:

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I don't really like Pep going to Bayern, they are far and away the best team in Germany (with all due respect to Dortmund who are very, very good), where is the challenge in that? It's pretty much CL + multiple domestic trophies or bust. Bayern is already stocked full of world class talent. I would have much rather seen him build up a club on the cusp of greatness, then takeover one that is already there.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

VideoKilledThe wrote:I don't really like Pep going to Bayern, they are far and away the best team in Germany (with all due respect to Dortmund who are very, very good), where is the challenge in that? It's pretty much CL + multiple domestic trophies or bust. Bayern is already stocked full of world class talent. I would have much rather seen him build up a club on the cusp of greatness, then takeover one that is already there.
He's just biding his time until the United or Arsenal jobs open up. If you're gonna coast, why not coast winning titles in a top-flight league with guaranteed semifinal CL appearances every year?

Also, Benitez is such a fucking tool. How long did he last at Inter before he alienated the entire club, like 3 days? And then he gets pissy when he's on the outs for struggling with Chelsea? Do you remember who fucking hired you? What exactly is surprising about this whole thing? The only reason you got picked was as a last-ditch effort to help Torres regain his form so it didn't officially become the worst transfer of all-time. But he couldn't do that, although I can't really fault him there, Torres has been irrelevant for what, the last 4-5 years now?

Wegz4life.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

:lol: at Ramos immediately shaking the ref's hand after the Valdes red card.

Clearly a pk, but Fuck Barca.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Unthinkable. Won't happen.

Stoked for this derby. Will be the defining moment of the season. Debating whether I should watch it online live but in shitty quality versus waiting a couple hours and downloading a replay.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Req

Post by Req »

oh dear dear dear
F.U. MOOLAH

Positive A

Post by Positive A »