2013 NFL Prediction Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Dwight Strawberry

2013 NFL Prediction Thread

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

AFC East

Patriots (4) – Neck and neck with Dolphins all year for AFC East title
Dolphins – Team is on the upswing. Wouldn’t be surprised if they did squeek into the playoffs
Jets – Geno Smith gets injured and Jets fans are faced with another season of the butt fumbler
Bills – EJ Manuel proves to be a good QB…For your fantasy football team

AFC North

Bengals (2) – Hardknocks really has me liking this team…and Andy Daulton’s wife.
Ravens (5) – Overcome the “Super Bowl Hangover” and continue their winning ways
Steelers – Who’s their RB? Can Big Ben and Antonio Brown really carry an offense?
Browns – Trent Richardson will have a special season

AFC South

Colts (3) – At the end of the season, Andrew Luck’s name will be mentioned along Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady
Texans (6) – The defense carries this team into the playoffs. Then gets punched in the face by Andrew Luck
Titans – CJ2K continues to be a very average RB.
Jags – This team would lose to FSU

AFC West

Broncos (1) – The planets and stars are aligned. They will fucking dominate despite the Von Miller suspension
Chiefs – Andy Reid gets this team on the map again. Jamal Charles and Alex Smith fall in love
Chargers – Phillip Rivers is a fucking tool bag
Raiders – RunDMC plays 16 games and puts up his best numbers to date

NFC East

Giants (4) – The DLine returns to 2011 performance and Easy Eli brings the boys back into the playoffs
Cowboys – Joe Buck will have 500 stupid things to say about Jerry Jones this season
Redskins – RGIII remains healthy, but regresses from rookie production. Finishes the season with more INTs than passing TDs
Eagles – No idea what to expect here. As John Travolta once said In ‘Look Who’s Talking,’ “Could be lunch meat, could be peaches”

NFC North

Packers (2) – Eddie Lacy is the RB they have needed since Ahman Green
Lions – This is my sleeper pick. I wouldn’t be surprised if they pulled a miracle and won this division
Bears – Jay Cutler always looks like his dog just died. Imagine what he would look like if Brandon Marshall died!?
Vikings – Adrian Peterson fucking rules! But they aren’t making the damn playoffs again this season

NFC South

Saints (1) – Sean Peyton is back. Brees is Brees. And this team is undefeated into December
Falcons (5) – Julio Jones will grace the cover of next years Madden
Bucs – Doug Martin will not hold up to his 1st rd fantasy value.
Panthers – Why does Carolina even have a football team? Same with Jacksonville…WTF?

NFC West

49ers (3) – Kaepernick’s jersey will be the most sold this season and the # of wiggers in our population will increase by 6.7% over 2012
Seahawks (6) – If Percy Harvin didn’t tear his vagina on a see-saw, then I would have picked them to represent the NFC in the big show
Rams – Sam Bradford looks like he should be licking Ryan Reynolds’s asshole
Cardinals – Are there even a lot of Cardinals in Arizona? This team should be called the “Cacti”

Playoffs

(3) Colts over (6) Texans
(5) Ravens over (4) Patriots

(6) Seahawks over (3) 49ers
(4) Giants over (5) Falcons

(1) Broncos over (5) Ravens
(2) Bengals over (3) Colts

(1) Saints over (4) Giants
(2) Packers over (6) Seahawks

(1) Broncos over (2) Bengals
(1) Saints over (2) Packers

Super Bowl

Broncos over Saints

MVP: Drew Brees
Defensive POY: Suh
Offensive ROY: Eddie Lacy
Defensive ROY: Ziggy
Coach of Year: Sean Peyton

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: 2013 NFL Prediction Thread

Post by Philaflava »

I agree with most of your picks. I don't see the Bengals being the best in the north. Ravens repeat even with the subtractions they've had.
Giants will win the East but that is only because the East is weak. G-Men are getting older and their d will show it the most this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see Redskins actually sneak past Philly and Dallas too.

AFC East
Patriots
Dolphins
Jets
Bills

AFC North
Ravens
Steelers
Bengals
Browns

AFC South
Colts
Texans
Titans
Jags

AFC West
Broncos
Chiefs
Chargers
Raiders

NFC East
Giants
Eagles
Redskins
Cowboys

NFC North
Packers
Lions
Bears
Vikings

NFC South
Saints
Falcons
Bucs
Panthers

NFC West
49ers
Seahawks
Rams
Cardinals

MVP: Drew Brees
Superbowl: Nola vs. Denver
Champions: Denver

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

lol at the sea lion and alex smith leading chiefs to a good record bozos
UBM CD COMING SOON

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

AFC East
Patriots
Bills
Dolphins
Jets

AFC North
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Browns

AFC South
Texans
Colts
Titans
Jags

AFC West
Broncos
Chiefs
Chargers
Raiders

NFC East
Redskins
Giants
Cowboys
Eagles

NFC North
Bears
Packers
Vikings
Lions

NFC South
Saints
Falcons
Bucs
Panthers

NFC West
Seahawks
49ers
Rams
Cardinals

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

AFC East

Patriots - Brian B & Tom B
Bills - new coach, great talent. it's the CJ Spiller show featuring EJ on backup vocals. EJ reminds me a lot of Daunte Culpepper
Fins - Tann to wallace? meh.. 6-8 win team. terrible franchise
Jets – I believe in Geno... other than that... not much to get excited about. show me JETS

AFC North

Ravens - still enough for them to win a very good division.
Browns - Weeden will be a top 15 QB this year. combine richardson and an elite defense and the Browns are relevant since the days of Kosar
Bengals – Typical tough guy North team, they are getting close but have some close losses
Steelers – Tomlin can make a bad team great but I think the Steelers trend downwards this year

AFC South

Colts – not a good defense but they only have to be average with Luck
Texans - Schaub is declining fast, hopefully not as fast as Foster
Titans – Locker is bad, the defense is meh
Jags – MJD is still great... hopefully Gabbert and Blackmon can flash...otherwise move this franchise to London

AFC West

Broncos - Decker & Thomas baby
Chargers – make or break year for phil rivers.. too bad he has noone to throw to or handoff too
Raiders - this team will gel and put together 5-7 wins.. GO SILVER & BLACK
Chiefs – One more year of suck before they usurp san diego

NFC East

skins – cousins-RGIII-morris is what gets it done
Cowboys – DEZATRON sets records up and down the box score.. a perceived bad draft will be justified
giants – everything will take a small step backwards... defense, running game will keep then around 7-8 wins
Eagles – will start 5-2 and lose the next 5 to fall out of sight

NFC North

vikings – best player in football with the ROY #84 Patterson..sprinkle in Greg Jennings mixed with two first round picks on an already top defense
Packers– Rodgers blindside will be filled by two undrafted players. a bad defense gets worse
Lions – the Lions will always be the Lions... but they will flash in a few games... but they are still the Lions
Bears – sorry bros.. new coach, loss of leaders... aging defense.. hopefully Cutler goes erik kramer out there

NFC South

Falcons –best offense in football... will dominate until the playoofs
Saints – not enough defense to get back to the top tier
Bucs – will be an amazing defense this year
Panthers – i love Cam and steve smith.. and kuchley... but i hate their chances

NFC West

49ers - they will earn it this year... greatness will be achieved
Rams- defense will make them resemble the 2000 ravens winning games 9-3
Seahawks – their QB will self destruct, no percy, rice is hurt... they are all way too gay to beat the mighty 49ers. fuck vikings west
Cardinals – larry fitz gets his money!!!!
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

ric

Post by ric »

AFC East

Patriots - no real explanation required
Bills - new coach, record breaking system, zone running, rookie qb who looks like he can execute the new shit
Fins - just behind bills
Jets – laughable franchise

AFC North

Bengals – the defense will surprise non-lookers; the offense will improve
Ravens - flacco is a bitch. d will be good though
Browns - new offense = weeden friendly. defense???
Steelers – haley is the biggest bitch in the league. antonio brown is our #1?
:owens: :owens: :owens:

AFC South

Colts – not a good defense but they only have to be average with Luck
Jags – the new spread shit and the new defense will surprise the fuck out of people
Texans - unless the passing game can be consistent it is over despite the defense
Titans – not great. well see how they build the offense

AFC West

Broncos - no explanations needed. too bad about Miller
Chiefs – only because the raiders and chargers blow but reid will have alex running in the pistol and pitching to charles which is dangerous if they can execute (not a given)
Raiders - at least there is SOME sort of direction here
Chargers – directionless. mccoy is a bitch. wisenhunt is too. too bad rivers is stuck here

NFC East

skins – multiback zone run option is gawdly; if rg3 can stay healthy theyll be tops; if not theyll be last unless pat white can pull out the black jesus act
Eagles – itll be tight but theyll end up 2nd due to chips first run and if vick gets injured long term theyll end up 4th
Cowboys – dez is a beast. witten is still doing it. romo is a bitch. murray probably still mr magoo out there
giants – everything will take a small step backwards

NFC North

Vikings – AP; Flash Patterson; good d; high quality coaching; new #1 wr? i like it
Bears – zone run with forte; bmarsh = $$$; d is full of skilled hungry vets; new pass/scheme heavy coach is big bonus for cutler and now we will finally see his promise materialized
Lions – adding reginald was a great move. they are really 5 wide in every set now because they are two backing with rbs but ultimately stafford needs to be quicker and the d probably still blows; tronsan is #2 wr in history probably
Packers – raj cannot carry the offensive line on his back; neither can eddie lacy/j franklin; d is obv problem

NFC South

Saints – payton is back with a vengeance. ryan takes 1/2 the year and theyll be vastly improved
Falcons – great skill players and oline; money says gonzalez & jackson will be injured though and despite having a great team last year they still had moments where they couldnt do shit
Bucs – defense is sweet and is well designed for what it is; freeman is a bitch though; martin is sweet though
Panthers – cam has never been consistent with ball placement. they cant spread it out. steve smith is not tronsan. defense blows HARD

NFC West

Seahawks – if the d can maintain they will be tops in the west. harvin being out isnt really a big deal as they are just the same team they were last year without him IF wilson can continue to play very well. not sure that he can but the system sure helps him out. marshawn finally has viable spell/backup/replacement in christine michaels
49ers - jacks of all trades masters of getting 10 guys to block well; d is money; that said it seems like a super difficult thing to stay dominant on both sides of the ball when bolden and vernon are the only legit receiving threats and vernon is really the only speed you have
Rams- they will be much better but they will not be top 2 this year
Cardinals – defense will surprise (not saying much); arians will do his thing and they might actually beat some teams this year and not get double fucking crushed every game

DLG

Post by DLG »

AFC East

Dolphins - they seem ready to make a move. they will need to win close games to win the division.
Patriots - too much offseason drama and problems to overcome. don't see gronk staying healthy once he comes back.
Bills - Defense needs to start playing up to potential. could make the playoffs in 2-3 years if they keep moving in the right direction.
Jets – Sanchez will start the season, Geno will finish it. they will be under .500 regardless.

AFC North

Bengals – Dalton will have a break-out year.
Ravens - Pretty Flacco looks more confident than ever, it will be close between them and the bengals.
Browns - Richardson will be this year's Doug Martin, which will make Weeden better but still not great.
Steelers – Ben will probably get hurt. Time to rebuild.

AFC South

Colts – what Kel said.
Texans - Defense needs to keep every game close, they will tire by the end of the season.
Titans – shit.
Jags – shit.

AFC West

Broncos - Manning is hungry, will take them to the SB.
Chargers – Kerry Collins >>> Phillip Rivers
Chiefs – I'm rooting for them to finish ahead of the Chargers, probably won't happen though. need more pieces.
Raiders - nah.

NFC East

Giants - everyone needs to stay healthy. David Wilson/Andre Brown combo will beast.
Redskins – RGIII will have an average/mediocre year, but Morris will continue to run mad.
Cowboys – Romo will find a way to fuck something up and lose close games.
Eagles – Offense will be much improved and fun to watch, defense will lose games for them.

NFC North

Lions – I think they are ready to make moves this year.
Packers– Rodgers will continue to get crushed and rushed, he'll be visibily frustrated by mid-season.
Vikings – would like to see them finish ahead of the Pack, but I think Ponder is still not ready to lead them.
Bears – Cutler will never be great, the offense will rest on Forte's shoulders. Defense will be mediocre.

NFC South

Falcons – Frightening offense, will choke in the playoffs as usual.
Saints – They will give the Falcons a good fight with Payton back, but there's still rust from last year they need to shake off.
Bucs – Freeman is the new Mark Sanchez. D should keep them in games though.
Panthers – Kuchley needs to play for the Giants.

NFC West

Seahawks – Wilson seems more poised than Kap. Defense will be excellent as well.
49ers - Kap will have a decent year, like RGIII, not enough weapons on offense to take the division.
Rams- I don't think I know anything about the Rams other than that their QB is Ryan Reynolds
Cardinals – Larry continues his legacy as the Barry Sanders of receivers.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

AFC East
Patriots (4)
Jets
Phins
Bills

AFC North
Ravens (2)
Bengals (5)
Steelers
Browns

AFC South
Texans (3)
Colts (6)
Titans
Jags

AFC West
Broncos (1)
Chargers
Chiefs
Raiders

NFC East
Cowboys (4)
Skins
Giants
Eagles

NFC North
Packers (3)
Vikings
Lions
Bears

NFC South
Saints (2)
Falcons (6)
Panthers
Bucs

NFC West
Niners (1)
Seahawks (5)
Rams
Cardinals

Playoffs
Texans (3) vs. Colts (6)
Patriots (4) vs. Bengals (5)

Packers (3) vs. Falcons (6)
Cowboys (4) vs. Seahawks (5)

Broncos (1) vs. Bengals (5)
Ravens (2) vs. Texans (3)

49ers (1) vs. Falcons (6)
Saints (2) vs. Seahawks (5)

Ravens (2) vs. Bengals (5)
49ers (1) vs. Seahawks (5)

Super Bowl
Seahawks vs. Bengals

MVP: Russell Wilson
DPOY: Aldon Smith
OROY: Tyler Eifert
DROY: Jarvis Jones
COY: Jim Harbaugh

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

ric wrote: Raiders - at least there is SOME sort of direction here
There is?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

To be fair, he doesn't specify which direction the team is headed

PEACE

alpha

Post by alpha »

naturalborn103 wrote:
There is?
there are teams outside of the east coast. get educated haters.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

alpha wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
There is?
there are teams outside of the east coast. get educated haters.
They have to be one of worst teams in the all of NFL and seem to have no direction or reason for optimism.

alpha

Post by alpha »

that's why I'm saying get educated.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

alpha wrote:that's why I'm saying get educated.
Not trying to be a jerk, but what is there to look forward to?

From my point of view all I see is a horrible O-line, a Qb who can't throw more then 25 yards, no WRs, a brittle Rb who hated the running scheme last year, one of the worst pass defending teams (25th in league in yards giving up/attempt), one of the worst pass rushings teams (31st in league in sacks), and a subpar run defense.

alpha

Post by alpha »

you have to tear shit down to build it up. the gm had to get rid of all those bad contracts year 1. year 2 has 2/3 the cap space most teams have work, ie dead money. Roster full of hungry players, playing on one year deals. When in year 3, we prob have a top 5 pick and the most cap space in the league. Team is building up the GB way, which works for me.
one of the worst pass defending teams (25th in league in yards giving up/attempt), one of the worst pass rushings teams (31st in league in sacks), and a subpar run defense.
another reason to point out that you need to learn more. theres like only two returning starters on D. all new corners, lb and pretty much the dline too.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

AFC East
Bills
Pats
Dolphins
Jets

AFC North
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Browns

AFC South
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers

NFC East
Cowboys
Giants
Redskins
Eagles

NFC North
Bears
Lions
Vikings
Packers

NFC South
Panthers
Falcons
Bucs
Saints

NFC West
Seahawks
49ers
Cards
Rams

Seahawks win the SB

MVP is Russell Wilson

DLG

Post by DLG »

ThaJim2 wrote:
NFC South
Panthers
Falcons
Bucs
Saints
really bro?

ric

Post by ric »

@alpha/naturalborn
agreed with alpha. the rebuilding process will take time but for what its worth i like pryor over flynn this year

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

DLG wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:
NFC South
Panthers
Falcons
Bucs
Saints
really bro?
You can call him crazy, but it's a crazy league.

I don't have as much a problem with picking the Panthers to win the south, because that whole division is a toss up and you could make a case for any team. I will say their front seven looked pretty mean with Beason back, Kuechly literally everywhere, Thomas Davis, Star Lotulelei in the middle, Charles Johnson off the edge.

but...the Bills to win the east?????!!???

really bro???

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

ric wrote:for what its worth i like pryor over flynn this year
I want to like Flynn cause I effs w/ Baton Rouge, but I gotta go w/ the Buckeye...

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

2014 Draft

Jets
Raiders
Carolina
Jaguars
Bills

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

VideoKilledThe wrote:
DLG wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:
NFC South
Panthers
Falcons
Bucs
Saints
really bro?
You can call him crazy, but it's a crazy league.

I don't have as much a problem with picking the Panthers to win the south, because that whole division is a toss up and you could make a case for any team. I will say their front seven looked pretty mean with Beason back, Kuechly literally everywhere, Thomas Davis, Star Lotulelei in the middle, Charles Johnson off the edge.

but...the Bills to win the east?????!!???

really bro???
Jim went to FSU. Connect the dots.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:copy:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

AFC East

Patriots (2) – 11-5
Dolphins 7-9
Bills 6-10
Jets 4-12

AFC North

Ravens (4) 10-6
Bengals (5) 10-6
Steelers (6) 9-7
Browns 6-10

AFC South

Texans (3) 11-5
Colts 8-8
Titans 6-10
Jags 2-14

AFC West

Broncos (1) 12-4
Chiefs – 7-9
Chargers – 6-10
Raiders – 3-13

NFC East

Giants (4) – 10-6
Eagles 10-6
Cowboys 8-8
Redskins 7-9

NFC North

Packers (3) – 11-5
Bears 10-6
Lions – 8-8
Vikings – 5-11

NFC South

Falcons (1) - 12-4
Saints - (6) 10-6
Bucs – 8-8
Panthers – 6-10

NFC West

Seahawks (2) – 11-5
Niners (5) 10-6
Rams – 6-10
Cardinals – 6-10

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Falcons vs seahawks

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Denver vs New England

Super Bowl

New England over Falcons

MVP: Matt Ryan
Defensive POY: Watt
Offensive ROY: Tavon Austin
Coach of Year: Marvin Lewis

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

I know people like to pile on the Jets because our QB is a turnover machine and our coach spews verbal diarrhea, but how exactly did they universally become accepted as the worst team in the league when franchises like the Raiders and Cardinals still exist? They won 6 games last year with one of the worst offenses ever. They'll probably win 6 or 7 again this year.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Until they figure out their QB situation the Jets will be considered one of the worst teams in the NFL. EJ Manuel > Geno.

The defense is competitive tho, I like Rex Ryan...as a DC

The Raiders...are the Raiders, but the Cardinals might surprise some people, they have some young exciting defensive guys, and Palmer threw for over 4000 last year with the Raiders...now he has Fitz.

ric

Post by ric »

@pesci
yeah what video said. but also; the offensive personnel is pretty much not sweet all the way around. its only exacerbated by the terrible qb coaching and selection. geno is not the guy you build a 'rough and tumble' franchise around. he had problems qbing in his own super awesome system in wvu last season; hes not the guy youre going to ground and pound with and make him throw to the wr who is putting a body on the db. then theres the rb selection. aside from lt2 the rbs have been failure (though shonn green might have made a serviceable spell to an actually gifted back). they signed chris ivory in the offseason and paid him millions of dollars. then theres the d. they get rid of revis (there is probably no single individual in the whole organization who really knows why) and draft milliner? revis can take a guy out of the game single handed. milliner probably cant (at least right now) and really hasnt ever even had the chance playing in a team concept at ua with the single most dominant club in college football maybe fucking ever

your head coach sucks at being head coach? just re-hire him and act like its a new situation.

i mean....its just the strangest/dumbest shit going on in the league at a time when every other team is taking advantage of the numerous offensive and defensive possibilities that have emerged. the raiders are headed in the right direction. the cardinals are headed in right direction and have a concept they really believe in on defense. rex still thinks he has the luxury of doing whatever he wants on defense and grinding out games with 200 total yds 1 td and 4 turnovers.

DLG

Post by DLG »

rex won't make it through the season. jets front office was sick of the circus last year and rex continues perpetuating it, you saw that press conference where he didn't want to talk about the QB situation and was trying to be wacky and turning his back to the reporters. that shit was cringeworthy, I'm sure he still thinks he's fun and quirky.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

AFC East:
Pats
Fins
Bills
Jets

North:
Bengals
Ravens
Steelers
Browns

South:
Colts
Texans
Titans
Jags

West:
Broncos
Chiefs
Chargers
Raiders

NFC East:
Giants
Eagles
Redskins
Cowboys

North:
Packers
Bears
Vikings
Lions

South:
Falcons
Saints
Bucs
Panthers

West:
Niners
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams

PEACE

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Marshawn Lynch leads the NFL in rushing.

Randall Cobb leads the NFL in receptions.

Reggie Bush either comes close to or breaks the records for most catches by a RB.

Drew Brees leads the NFL in passing yards. Matthew Stafford is close.

Tom Brady is NFL MVP.

Calvin Johnson leads the NFL in receiving yards.....again.

Jarvis Jones leads all NFL rookies in sacks.

The Atlanta Falcons regress. They were not as good as their record last year and everyone in the division improved. They will not win their division. Minnesota regresses as well. Sorry Kel. Frisco regresses by a couple games and Seattle wins their division.

Indianapolis does better than everyone else thinks. KC and Zona are good bets on improving their records over last season as well as New Orleans.

The Giants secondary sucks and so does Perry Fewell.

Brandon Marshall's hip cancer causes him to fall out of top 10 of fantasy WRs by the end of the season.

Larry Fitzgerald says "fuck you, this is what I can do with a QB".

Colin Kapernick leads all QBs in rushing yards. San Fran will lead all of the NFL in Rushing Yards.

Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Tony Romo, Carson Palmer, Michael Vick will turn out to be great fantasy values in your drafts.