Official European Football 2014-15 Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Re: Official European Football 2014-15 Regular Season Thread

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

I've changed my mind. Zombie is correct. FA Cup is shit, and I have NEVER actually cared about it.

:jaz:

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

^ What the hell happened anyway? Fucking Pulis has earned my respect since he left Mordor.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:^ What the hell happened anyway? Fucking Pulis has earned my respect since he left Mordor.
No idea. Worst I have seen them play this season. Pulis does have a good record against Allardyce, but I think it was just an off day. Horrible to watch after the effort expended in what will end up being 2 worthless points earned in league games against Manchester United and Saints.

:fail:

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Oh, Mario.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Did you all see the thing about the Chelsea fans in Paris earlier this week? Still front page news here.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

We did. I didn't think there was any more reason to hate Chelsea fans buttttttttt...
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comedy Quaddafi

Y@K can you comment on the racist history of Chelsea fandom and whether they are worse than other fans historically and today? I think I heard something about it here and there.

They def. couldn't get away with that shit on the tube in London I'm guessing?

That being said I'm not sure a few fat racists chanting in a train deserves quite that much coverage.

Some of the fans are in denial and making up the weirdest excuses in the media.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Obviously it's a terrible incident and it doesn't reflect as a whole on Chelsea or their fans (John Terry can do that) but if you read about it, the guy is milking it for everything it's worth. Personally, I don't know how you can hold the club accountable for a bunch of fat chavs in a situation like this but the club is doing the diplomatic thing, denouncing it and trying to treat the guy like royalty which is all well and good. Instead of accepting it graciously, he's talking about how he got a lawyer and might be suing the club and how he's afraid to ride the metro now. I mean gimme a fucking break guy.

And I cannot wait for Jose's interview after this Burnley draw. He probably need a couple of benzos.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Groan. Spurs are so poor right now. Nobody gives the ball away more spectacularly than lamela. Dembele also awful. Nice goal from kouyate. Pochettino better be tearing a strip off them in the room.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Welp.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Lol such an undeserved point

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Such a soft PK but what else is new.

zombie

Post by zombie »

I heard that after the racist video got a ton of media coverage, Chelsea fans bought that black dude a ticket to a game.

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Y@K can you comment on the racist history of Chelsea fandom and whether they are worse than other fans historically and today? I think I heard something about it here and there.

They def. couldn't get away with that shit on the tube in London I'm guessing?
They were notoriously racist back in day, but so were lots of other teams supporters. West Ham included. I don't think they're any worse than any other teams in the Premier League nowadays.

The thing is, away fans are pretty much always arseholes. I don't go to loads of away games, but you see a different side to any teams fans at away games. They're usually the guys who have been following the team since the 80s, aged 40-50, set in their ways, work in the building trade, wear Stone Island, drink Stella, like cocaine. Always a very different crowd to what you see at home games. Would they try the same thing in London? Probably. I remember seeing Manchester United fans smoking on the tube and loads of them ganging up on a bloke who was asking them to stop. They have this pack mentality and love intimidating people.

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

zombie wrote:I heard that after the racist video got a ton of media coverage, Chelsea fans bought that black dude a ticket to a game.
Pathetic. I'd tell them to stick the ticket up their arse.

Comedy Quaddafi

Top 3 to stay the same.

Anyone but United for fourth please.
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

It's looking good for Arsenal but still have Liverpool, Chelsea, and United to go through. They need at least 4 points out of that.

And Liverpool finding ways, I think it's theirs to lose.

zombie

Post by zombie »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:
zombie wrote:I heard that after the racist video got a ton of media coverage, Chelsea fans bought that black dude a ticket to a game.
yeah i think thats what he is doing. he is trying to sue Chelsea. Hiring a lawyer and all that shit .

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

zombie wrote:
Y@k Bollocks wrote:
yeah i think thats what he is doing. he is trying to sue Chelsea. Hiring a lawyer and all that shit .
It probably makes the fans feel better about the situation. If I was him, I wouldn't go.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

If you would have told me the season was going to go the way it has, there is no way I would think that with 12 games to go Liverpool would be 2 points out of 4th, and 3 out of 3rd. Definitely hitting stride at the right moment, and have it all to play for.

Emre Can has been a revelation. More physical players like him please. The difference between City, Chelsea and the rest of the league is the physicality they pair with their class.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

I love Emre Can. And Ibe is an absolute beast.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Coutinho, Can, and Sturridge...Lallana, Lovren, and Balotelli.

What's the difference?

About 30 million.

zombie

Post by zombie »

man city / barca game was interesting.

fan of both teams so either way is a win for me

still pretty bummed out that messi missed that pen

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

That Messi header was hilarious!

Pellegrini is a fucking idiot, how you start 2 strikers, and abandon the middle of the field is beyond me. They are lucky Barca didn't put 5 on them.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Haha, yeah where was he going with that??

Teams give Barca way too much respect. They sit back, let them pass it around, dribble with acres of space while their entire back line is in the opposition's own half. They're a bunch of midgets that can't handle physical play or set pieces and I would have told my guys to rough them the fuck up. I understand the risk of being exposed on the counterattack but I say it's worth it. I would close them out hard and fast all game and go down attacking instead of going down so passively. They played right into their hands and with 30' gone, the tie was basically over. I couldn't believe what I was watching.

zombie

Post by zombie »

before the game I was truly worried for barcas defense..

But lol at that.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Ozil is one of the worst transfers ever.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Shocking display by the Gunners.

Not ready to say it's over, but Monaco could lose at home 2-0 and still progress. Bleak would be an understatement.

WTF was the keeper doing on that first goal? I know it was deflected, but he didn't even try.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Yeah, it was totally embarrassing. It's not like they were playing fucking Madrid, they got hustled by fucking Dimitar Berbatov.

Time for a little raging:

GK - stop with these fucking stop-gap trash keepers. Paying 3m for Ospina was highway robbery, you can get guys like him from fucking Serbia for pennies who could do a comparable job. Go after Cech or someone legit and get it fucking sorted already.

DEF - for Chrissake, enough is enough. It's expensive to find a reliable CB but tough shit. Prior Arsenal contenders were built from the back with reliable defense and this team has none of it. Per should never start an important match again, I've had it with him. Kos is good for a couple of ridiculous brain-farts per match. Gibbs is another one of those "okay for week-to-week in the EPL" but he's not that good. They can't afford to make mistakes in the back (no club can) but they do it all the fucking time. That's who they are. Start Gabriel already, he can't be any worse than what they already have.

MID - I hate Mesut Ozil. I hate him. I hate his touch, his passing, his attitude, his alien mug. He's the worst transfer since Torres and he's not cut out for England. Santi is twice the player he is and whenever Ozil's out there, his play suffers. Pray that PSG or Barca or someone in Italy will pay half of you paid and cut your losses. He's not a fit and they're worse when he's out there. Ideally, they should work him into a swap for someone like Matuidi or Pogba (neither would ever happen) because guess what else they need? Someone to control the motherfucking midfield. Coquelin is a nice little guy for the week to week shit in the EPL but he's not good enough. Neither is fucking Arteta, Wilshere, or Ramsey. Personally I think they should cut ties with Wilshere (although I can't imagine who would be stupid enough to buy him) and Ramsey should be on a short leash as well. All this "potential" and none of it ever realized. Ox is the only one who looks to be direct and create chances or take on the defense and of course, he plays 20 minutes every 3 weeks. None of these players are good enough. No steel, no desire, no toughness. Maybe they're still waiting for Diaby to return to fitness?

ATT - Sanchez has been dynamite but has failed to show up in big games so far. He's been an excellent signing and maybe only player on this team that can be considered world class. Giroud has been solid as well this year but again, he's just pretty good...despite blowing a number of chances against Monaco. Welbeck was a complete waste of a signing and playing him out wide like Wenger does is even more asinine. He's fast...great. But look at his workrate! I don't give a shit, he's got the touch of a donkey. Walcott looks scared whenever he gets out there and has never been a clinical finisher, even less so ever since coming back. He's a shell of what he used to be...which was never that great to begin with.

Basically this team has absolutely no leadership and no steel and it's been the same for years. They're so goddamn laissez-faire about every fucking match. They have no ambition and no sense of urgency...no idea what it's like to raise to the occasion. Wenger deserves a lot of the blame. These are his fragile players and he's far too loyal to them despite their failings. The entire team should have been subbed at halftime, they were pathetic.

None of this will matter because they'll finish 4th...again. As an Arsenal fan, I know what this club is...and I'm ready for it to be something different. I believe in AW and he's done a lot of good but his stubbornness has been the biggest reason for the club's downfall. Get me Klopp or Simeone and get me someone who recognizes what a team needs and isn't afraid to do something about it. This is a team full of fragile egos and mental midgets and they need a culture change. Maybe they should start taking locker-room selfies after they get destroyed instead of when they just squeak out pathetic wins.

Comedy Quaddafi

GK: Chesney is going to be our number 1 for a long time and I'm ok with that for now because I think he can fix his attitude and become a top 5 gk in the next few years. Ospina is too short and timid. Chesney needs experienced competition.
LB: Gibbs and Monreal isn't that bad but not perfect. It's not a position which concerns me much.
RB: Bellerin is going to be great once Debuchy, who is solid for now, gets old.
CB: Kos is one of the best defenders in the world but needs someone better than Mertesacker beside him. Verdict is still out on Gabriel while Chambers is a solid young fourth choice who can deputize around other areas of the pitch.
DM: Happy that Coq extended and Arteta, Flamini, Diaby will all be gone in the summer so we just have to be patient. We will definitely get a new soon.
CM: Ramsey and Wilshere are both players I like but they are injured a bit much. We have some players who can do a job in this position though.
CAM: Özil and Caz are two of the world's best in this position but we struggle a bit defensively when Özil is playing through the middle. We should only play one of them.
WF: Sanchez, Wally, Welly, Ox is OK with me for now. Campbell and Gnabry are still options for the future too.
ST: Not sure how good Akpom and Sanogo actually are. Ideally I want someone better than Giroud in this position but I'm not sure it will happen.
Manager: Wenger will see out his contract.

DM is top priority. GK- and CB-issue can be solved internally but I wouldn't mind a new one of either. Big decisions have to be made about our attacking set-up. A top striker would sort us out up top IMO.
- MB