LOL Bogut chirps kobe

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

nah I think Bogut will be alright.
He won't be an Ostertag.

He seems like he has a good attitude about the game and certainly looks more menacing than Darko. (yes I know Darko doesnt get mins).

Bogut will be a 10 pt 10 rebound guy to start and improve from there

He'll never be a great center but he'll be worthy of a starting role

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

stupidregister wrote:The guy is a flat out basketball player. Position doesn't really matter anymore in the league. You got Stoudemire playing center, 6-6 guys playing point guard...if he can play, he can play. Besides, what centers is he going to go up against in the East anyway? Shaq, Eddy Curry?

Right now he reminds me of a Raef LaFrenz who doesn't shoot as much from the outside.
He got domainted by kentucky. None of the wildcats big men are NBA prospects.

So you really want to take a Raef w/ the first pick, when you have Paul, Williams, and Green waiting.

Some GM is really, really going to regret this...

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

OMNI wrote:None of the wildcats big men are NBA prospects.
Randolph Morris and his reps would disagree with you.

TomRollin

Post by TomRollin »

OMNI wrote:He got domainted by kentucky. None of the wildcats big men are NBA prospects.
Kentucky plays great team defense, and lets be honest he didn't really have anyone to pass the ball to.

Randolph Morris will be a good role player for some NBA team./\/\/\/\ beat me to it.

If I had the pick Id go green but even if he's only as good a Vlade then some team will get a great addition.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Do you think Amare, Shaq, Yao, Jermaine O'Neal, and Duncan would have gotten dominated by Randolph Morris?

If you don't think Bogut will be as good as those guys, then why take him number 1. Its like the candy man all over agin.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

OMNI wrote:
stupidregister wrote:The guy is a flat out basketball player. Position doesn't really matter anymore in the league. You got Stoudemire playing center, 6-6 guys playing point guard...if he can play, he can play. Besides, what centers is he going to go up against in the East anyway? Shaq, Eddy Curry?

Right now he reminds me of a Raef LaFrenz who doesn't shoot as much from the outside.

So you really want to take a Raef w/ the first pick, when you have Paul, Williams, and Green waiting.

Some GM is really, really going to regret this...
Williams sucks a fucking dick. Fuck that bamma ass motherfucker and that whole softbatch, bitchmade, sissy-color sporting team.

...bitches. :ironmike:

SoulClap

Post by SoulClap »

OMNI wrote: Its like the candy man all over agin.
It won't be that bad. Bogut at least shows some heart.
The game is a oxymoron; we sold free-base

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

OMNI wrote:

evidence one of Omni not knowing what the fuck he's talking about when he has a preconceived notion in his head.

bogut finished the game with 20 points and 12 rebounds. randolph morris was in foul trouble the whole game and only played 5 minutes (yeah Morris SOOOOOOOOOOOOO dominated bogut). the backup centers for the wildcats were picking up fouls left and right too. take it from someone who actually watched the game. Bogut was not dominated. he didn't play his best game but he still played well considering there is no one on his team that provides legit support.

and alleyne is a NBA prospect as a big man for kentucky. in a couple years, he will be at least a top 10 pick.

i'm convinced omni knows nothing about the college game. if i see him talk about any college related sports, i will automatically blind myself with a pair of scissors.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

I admit tthat college sports is not my forte

But I know I'm right about Bogut, let's increase the stakes of our bet.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

OMNI wrote:I admit tthat college sports is not my forte
the rest of your post doesn't even matter.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

emeka okafor will have had a better rookie season than bogut will have in his career

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

tom you already admitted to not watching more then one bogut game before. so talking to you is useless.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
That's only been the last couple of years, because watching NCAA baseketball is like watching better HS basketball. But i still watch the tourney, and the big games through out the year.

Deep inside you know Bogut will bust (no homo) and that devastes you because you been hyping him for years.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

wtf

yeah im sure you know what i feel deep down inside.

DONT GO KALEL ON ME

i mean you have no basis for your statements. you HAVE no idea. how could i believe you over what i've seen?

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
OMNI wrote:

evidence one of Omni not knowing what the fuck he's talking about when he has a preconceived notion in his head.

bogut finished the game with 20 points and 12 rebounds. randolph morris was in foul trouble the whole game and only played 5 minutes (yeah Morris SOOOOOOOOOOOOO dominated bogut). the backup centers for the wildcats were picking up fouls left and right too. take it from someone who actually watched the game. Bogut was not dominated. he didn't play his best game but he still played well considering there is no one on his team that provides legit support.

and alleyne is a NBA prospect as a big man for kentucky. in a couple years, he will be at least a top 10 pick.

i'm convinced omni knows nothing about the college game. if i see him talk about any college related sports, i will automatically blind myself with a pair of scissors.
Listen to the man.

There's a lot of self-hate going on here, thinking the man's gonna bust just cause he's white.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
honestly, these days knowing college basketball doesn't mean a damn thing as to how well a player will do in the nba... players who dominate in college don't necessarily dominate in the nba. very seldom, in fact, does this happen.

poppabitch, in a way you are an idiot... the difference between athleticism and basketball skill is that you can teach basketball skill , u can't teach athleticism. and since the college game is nothing like the nba game (where everyone doesn't really start playing until the 3rd quarter) a newly donned nba player out of college more or less starts his basketball career over.

and bogut will have to put 16 and 10 against someone like shaq or duncan in order for me to get some love. hell, even brian grant can put up 16 and 10. bogut will not do that on a regular basis, he's not tough enough...and that's that.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Nl5H wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
honestly, these days knowing college basketball doesn't mean a damn thing as to how well a player will do in the nba...
yes it does. cause people who barely watched college basketball during the arkansas' prime probably thought scotty thurman was gonna be hot shit in the nba.

little did they know he barely had any lateral quickness to be able to guard oliver miller and would never beat anyone off the dribble.

if you watch college basketball, you not only see a players strengths but their weaknesses.

the type of person you are describing is someone who glosses over college basketball and just merely looks over someone's stat line.

if basketball skill can be taught, i see almost no instances of this in the nba. the average nba player relies on pure athletic ability to get by. why do you think the quality of the game has gone down? high schoolers want to make the fast buck and bypassed college sports (the arena that is better suited to teaching fundamentals) to do it. in a way can i blame them? no not really. but they have ruined the sport because in the nba, coaches don't have time to worry about teaching players cause they want to win now b/c of lack of job security. basketball skill CAN be taught but it isn't BEING taught, unfortunately.

so in that way, you my friend are the idiot.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Nl5H wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
honestly, these days knowing college basketball doesn't mean a damn thing as to how well a player will do in the nba...
btw, this comment is also stupid b/c you don't need to know college basketball. you just have to see the guy play a good amount of times. 95% of the people here have said they haven't seen him play more then one game. so most of you guys rely on watching clips, secondhand knowledge, and preconceived notions on how you feel about a player?

i mean most of you haven't seen gerald green's game besides the McDonald's weekend (which really isn't an accurate guage of a player's ability. no exhibition games are). the difference b/w me and some of the people here (not everyone) is that i'm not ready to call him a future superstar yet until i've seen him play more then one or two games.

i fail to see how most of you make general opinions about players without watching them first. it's beyond me.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

i'll tell you that green is more of a wash than bogut, and marvin williams is somewhere in the middle. the only guy i like in this draft is sean may, and that's saying a lot coming from a duke fan.

an-also

Post by an-also »

^^^You must be smoking crack

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Nl5H wrote:i'll tell you that green is more of a wash than bogut, and marvin williams is somewhere in the middle. the only guy i like in this draft is sean may, and that's saying a lot coming from a duke fan.
You spend this whole thread lecturing Pop about how athleticism is all that matters in the NBA and fundamentals aren't relevant, and then you say you think Sean May's the best player out of the draft? :wtf:

Sean May got shut down by a Center with two bum legs (Frazier). The only reason he's been climbing up the draft board is because of his play in the final against a team with zero inside presence.
Last edited by Icesickle on Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Nl5H wrote:the only guy i like in this draft is sean may
wow

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

I LOL at this thread title, everytime I see it....

Bogut chirps Kobe...

classic

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

may's ceiling is boozer at best.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:may's ceiling is boozer at best.
I don't even see him getting there. He's Danny Fortson with a basketball IQ.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Sean May in 5 years...

When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Dids wrote:A- He's right.

B- He's going to be a bust.

C- If he's lucky he won't play enough for Kobe to dunk on his ass.

This guy's high end seems to be Vlade Divac and I don't think he's that good or that athletic.
LOL @ the notion that vlade is/was athletic
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:Sean May in 5 years...

lol

oliver was 6-10 i thought, though
Nets 2022

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

no way sean may resorts to oliver miller status...

icesickle , you rate may badly based on one game? he's been dominating the entire year against serious competition...

just watch and wait...

i like pittsnogle too, cuz he's extremely versatile, but he's coming back to college...

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Nl5H wrote:you rate may badly based on one game? he's been dominating the entire year against serious competition...
He's been dominating serious competition because of his size. Once he hits the NBA, he'll find people who are his size and athletic, then he'll be in trouble until he gets a reliable 15 foot jumper, then he'll be slightly better than average.

i like pittsnogle too, cuz he's extremely versatile
Does he even have a post game? If by extremely versatile, you mean "the game of a euro with the tattoos of a Pantera fan", you're right.