Randy Moss Is Fooling People

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Randy Moss Is Fooling People

Post by Icesickle »

I'm not saying he intentionally said that he smokes weed to get publicity, but it could very well be true.

Sports radio is making this out to be a big blow to his career and his public image, but they're not factoring in that A)he plays for the Oakland Raiders, a team that prides itself on fielding anti-authoritative bad boys and B)he's playing in Northern California, weed capital of the US. This little stunt will probably bring him closer to his new fans rather than push them away; I guarentee jersey sales will go up for him this year.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

uhhh a black randy moss jersey, number 18 to boot -- that shit would be the number one jersey regardless...

I see the pandemonium about his weed-days as more of a dog days of August thing than anything else. It really shows how football obsessed this country is.

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

why did he choose no. 18?

i missed the boat on that one.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

"In an attempt to promote their dying network, they have maliciously couched his remarks in a manner that is confusing and leaves room for negative interpretation," DiTrapano told The Associated Press. "Randy is not in the NFL substance abuse program and has complied with all urinalysis required by the league, the team, insurance companies, endorsers, etc."

I thought HBO was doing better than ever when it came to annual revenue? Dying?

MD

Post by MD »

"Straight cash homie"

Nuke
I Hate Blacks & Jews

Post by Nuke »

I don't understand why he said anything at all. He may just be an occasional smoker, but now they're gonna make it a point to randomly test him. Of course, do they test for that in the NFL? I didn't know they did. NBA as well... I thought they didn't test for that, but I could be wrong.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

randy moss's image did not take a hit. if anything he's still one of the more popular players out there.

only way this affects him is when kids can't buy his jersey cause his parents are afraid he's influencing THE KIDS. MOSS LUH DA KIDS

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Nuke wrote:now they're gonna make it a point to randomly test him. Of course, do they test for that in the NFL? I didn't know they did. NBA as well... I thought they didn't test for that, but I could be wrong.
Robert Smith said on Mike and Mike this morning that they only test before the season starts.

alpha

Post by alpha »

i dunno why there is a test for weed, it doesnt really make anyone better.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

alpha wrote:i dunno why there is a test for weed, it doesnt really make anyone better.
seriously. & so many more players in the NFL smoke, too. it's not like it's just Randy Moss & Rickey Williams like the media assumes....

altho Iceickle's argument does make a little sense, I don't think Moss was tryin to make an attempt to be more down w/ his newfound Bay Area fans by his statement....but moreso just pointing out what alpha was sayin about how stupid the rule is. & by being one of the top recievers in the league, it makes a bold statement....

"using marijuana enhances many things....like colors, sights, & sounds. athletic ability, however....is not one of them." -Robin Williams

alpha

Post by alpha »

Allan Smithee wrote:
"using marijuana enhances many things....like colors, sights, & sounds. athletic ability, however....is not one of them." -Robin Williams
:lol: :lol:

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Allan Smithee wrote:
alpha wrote:i dunno why there is a test for weed, it doesnt really make anyone better.
seriously. & so many more players in the NFL smoke, too. it's not like it's just Randy Moss & Rickey Williams like the media assumes....

altho Iceickle's argument does make a little sense, I don't think Moss was tryin to make an attempt to be more down w/ his newfound Bay Area fans by his statement....but moreso just pointing out what alpha was sayin about how stupid the rule is. & by being one of the top recievers in the league, it makes a bold statement....

Yeah, I don't think he did that on purpose, but I'm saying it would of been a smart move had he did.

Saying you smoke weed isn't gonna lose you any fans in the Bay Area. It's not like he's playing for the Cornhuskers.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

pendiana jones wrote:why did he choose no. 18?

i missed the boat on that one.
84 was taken

and when he first came to MN he wore 18 in the preseason, I don't remember if it was his college # or why he changed it

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

Icesickle wrote:
Allan Smithee wrote:

Yeah, I don't think he did that on purpose, but I'm saying it would of been a smart move had he did.

Saying you smoke weed isn't gonna lose you any fans in the Bay Area. It's not like he's playing for the Cornhuskers.
word.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »