Best play I've seen in a long time, from any sport...

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

kracker

Best play I've seen in a long time, from any sport...

Post by kracker »

http://www.rh71.com/projects/ovechkin/vids/goal32.avi

Even if you don't like hockey (or know anything about it), this is incredible.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Ovechkin is sick. Rookie of the year for sure.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

absolutely. I saw this on SportsCenter and came here with the intent to start a thread if one hadnt been started already.

Unbelieveable

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

just pure insanity. wow...

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

if you could save it and yousendit it would be appreciated.

peacerz

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

or you could just right click and save.

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

Yeah, it wouldn't load for me...

kracker

Post by kracker »

s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0CVWQ6SIG0ST50OPP8YLHEN6JY

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

amazing.
he is the ROY.
Hey has nobody really to play with. crosby has some nice names, like recchi, LecClair, Palffy and Lemieux, but washington just blows and Ovechkin is still putting up the numbers.
The guys shot is ridiculous and he can throw around his body too.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

wait, the Pens don't blow?
don't they have like, the worst record in the league?

or is the Capitals record pretty bad too

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

Andvil wrote:wait, the Pens don't blow?
don't they have like, the worst record in the league?

or is the Capitals record pretty bad too
nah, I didn't mean in the standings. Both teams stink, but I think it's easier for Crosby to pad the stats than it is Ovechkin.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

i was just getting ready to ask if it was the one where he was on his back and scored...apparently it was.

it's great i can have the tv on all day long...i get to see the same highlights 12 times!

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

thats some Vince Carter dunk contest shit for-real.
its only a matter of time before Russian gangsters kill him.
already got the Caps rookie record for goals...

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

'Beautiful' Goal by Ovechkin In Victory
Capitals 6, Coyotes 1

By Tarik El-Bashir
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, January 17, 2006; Page E01

GLENDALE, Ariz., Jan. 16 -- Just when it seemed Alex Ovechkin had scored in every imaginable way, from every possible angle and in every kind of situation, the Washington Capitals' rookie managed to outdo himself Monday.

Even Phoenix Coyotes Coach Wayne Gretzky, a man who has seen and scored his share of memorable goals, was awed by Ovechkin's third-period tally, which capped a thorough 6-1 Capitals' victory at Glendale Arena.

The 20-year-old Russian was carrying the puck into the Phoenix zone when Coyotes defenseman Paul Mara dragged him down. As Ovechkin slid on his back toward the net, he reached out over his head -- one-handed, no less -- and whipped the puck past unsuspecting goaltender Brian Boucher.

It was the rookie's second goal of the afternoon, his sixth in three games, and likely will be replayed for years to come.

"That was pretty nice," Gretzky said. "He's a phenomenal player. He's that good. He deserves all of the accolades he's getting. It's going to be a tremendous race to see who wins that rookie of the year."

After the goal was replayed on the big screen hanging over the ice, Ovechkin got his second ovation from another team's fans in two games. He also was applauded in Anaheim, Calif., on Friday after recording his first career hat trick.

"That was lucky," said Ovechkin, who logged 10 shots on goal. "Best score, oh yeah. I just went down and try shoot and score goal. [Chris] Clark came to me and said, 'You scored,' and I said, 'Wow.' I saw replay, it was beautiful."

Mara said: "He was on his back and I don't even think he saw where the puck was and he took a swipe at it. That's why he is one of the premier players in the league."

Boucher, who faced 34 Capitals shots, added: "He made a heck of a play. That's why he's going to be a superstar in this league. It just adds insult to injury when it's the sixth goal in a blowout. But the fans certainly were excited."

As Ovechkin's remarkable season continues, the records are about to start falling. Monday, he equaled the franchise record for goals scored by a rookie -- 32 -- set by Bobby Carpenter in 1981-82.

Although it was Ovechkin who received all of the attention after Monday's game, it was far from a one-man show. Backup goaltender Brent Johnson turned aside 21 shots, two days after helping the Capitals beat the Mighty Ducks in overtime, 3-2.

Dainius Zubrus's second-period goal gave him 14 points in 13 games. Right wing Matt Bradley (goal and assist) had his first multipoint game since Oct. 13 to snap a 17-game pointless streak. Ben Clymer, meantime, ended a 13-game pointless streak with a goal and an assist.

"It's nice to see guys who work hard get rewarded offensively," Coach Glen Hanlon said. "They are so unselfish, so it's nice to see."

The Capitals found themselves significantly short-handed Monday because of injuries to defenseman Steve Eminger, center Jeff Halpern and left wing Matt Pettinger.

Eminger appeared to sprain an ankle in overtime Friday against the Mighty Ducks and has not skated since. Halpern is struggling with a nagging knee injury. Pettinger has been on injured reserve the past four games with an undisclosed medical issue.

Defenseman Jamie Heward joined that growing list of injured in the second period when he suffered a lower body injury. He did not return.

It didn't seem to hold the Capitals back, however. They equaled a season high for goals in a period with four in the second period, which turned a 1-1 game into 5-1 laugher.

Ovechkin also got the game's first goal, but through no direct effort of his own. Coyotes defenseman Zbynek Michalek redirected a pass by teammate Mike Ricci into the Phoenix net. Ovechkin, the last Capital to touch the puck, was awarded the power-play goal.

The Coyotes came right back with a power-play goal of their own, scored by Shane Doane, who redirected a long wrist shot by Keith Ballard to make it 1-1 at 17 minutes 53 seconds.

But it was all Capitals after that.

Clymer's goal, 30 seconds into the second period, put the Capitals ahead 2-1, and they never looked back. Zubrus scored 2:13 later to stretch the lead to 3-1. Sutherby and Bradley scored 2:02 apart midway through the middle frame to give them a four-goal lead.

Then came Ovechkin's self-described "best score" of his life.

"I told him that will be shown on highlights for the next 10 years," Capitals defenseman Mathieu Biron said.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

kracker wrote:s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0CVWQ6SIG0ST50OPP8YLHEN6JY
thanks for helping.

my comp still wont play the video though. it says "error downloading codec" i figured if someone saved it, it would work for me. oh well.

thanks again.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

jredd109 wrote:
thanks for helping.

my comp still wont play the video though. it says "error downloading codec" i figured if someone saved it, it would work for me. oh well.

thanks again.
itz the tiny play in bangerz sig, dude
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

wow

Move Free

Post by Move Free »

jredd109 wrote:
thanks for helping.

thanks again.
get VLC player

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

not sure which version I like more, Darren Pang's disbelief on the Coyotes broadcast: "we can't see this enough, I mean, we can because its the Phoenix Coyotes.."
or the Caps broadcast, "SIMPLY SENSATIONAL!" Craig Laughlin, "I thought he did it all the other night.."

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

T-Wrex wrote:
jredd109 wrote:
thanks for helping.

thanks again.
itz the tiny play in bangerz sig, dude
yep. but it is tiny.