NBA Thoughts (Playoff Discussions)

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

hustler

Post by hustler »

paul pierce.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

i hope the warriors get a kick in the ass after last night's win.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Nl5H wrote:i hope the warriors get a kick in the ass after last night's win.
they certainly have been getting their asses kicked

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

2-0 vs. Pistons.

bitches

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Wade gets some calls just like all superstars do, but damn some of the calls Lebron was getting in the 4th quarter vs. the Heat were ridiculous.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

Toronto has a nice quartet of players in james, villenueva, bosh and peterson. they've been playing well together the last little while. if they keep them together for a few and add a few more solid players they'll be contenders.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Yeah that is a nice quartert. I really like Bosh. I think saying they'd be contenders is a bit of a stretch though. And James is gonna be 31 in a couple of months.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Psychosis wrote:Wade gets some calls just like all superstars do, but damn some of the calls Lebron was getting in the 4th quarter vs. the Heat were ridiculous.
It makes the game unwatchable. 28 attempts? Bullshit. We already know he's a good player, you don't need to go overboard on nationally televised games to make him seem god-like. He scored 47 points but it was probably the worst game played that someone scored that high. He played terribly especially the first half. It's on ABC so he goes out taking double-teamed fadeaways trying to up his rep some more. It's pretty amazing how he's changed so much in just a few years, going from more of a point-forward who can score when needed to becoming basically just a very good scorer. I think he's much better when he's finding other guys and creating for others.

The Cavs just aren't a very good team. I know part of it has to do with Larry Hughes being out but part of it is the fact that they're just not really smart. I was watching Z torch Shaq in the second quarter constantly. So what do they do? Obviously, they go away from him. And they gotta figure out this 4th quarter shit. I don't wanna hear this "young team" bullshit because they're not. They just get lacks with a lead and stop being agressive. It's not hard to figure out what's wrong when you're blowing leads consistently. You're not playing good defense and you're turning the ball over too much.

They don't have a PG, Drew Gooden is psycho, and they're bench is dogshit outside of Donyell Marshall. I'll be surprised if they win more than 2 games in the playoffs.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

jredd109 wrote:Toronto has a nice quartet of players in james, villenueva, bosh and peterson. they've been playing well together the last little while. if they keep them together for a few and add a few more solid players they'll be contenders.
They're some intense motherfuckers but they're fun to watch when they're clicking. T.Dot has a great home enviroment. They just need someone to compliment Bosh and a serious wing-scorer who can create his own shot to be playoff-bound.

an-also

Post by an-also »

In a recent published report, Marbary stated that he is now going to go back to playing like "starbury". lol

djm13

Post by djm13 »

i should get that exact quote because it's hilarious

djm13

Post by djm13 »

"I went into this year trying to do something, to put myself in a situation where we can win, Okay?" he said, "to help the team win games. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. So, what do I do now, as far as the way I play? I go back to playing like Stephon Marbury, aka Starbury. I haven't been Starbury this year. I've been some other dude this year."[/b]

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

djm13 wrote:"I went into this year trying to do something, to put myself in a situation where we can win, Okay?" he said, "to help the team win games. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. So, what do I do now, as far as the way I play? I go back to playing like Stephon Marbury, aka Starbury. I haven't been Starbury this year. I've been some other dude this year."

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

bringinoutbangerz wrote:2-0 vs. Pistons.

bitches
Word. Quality win for your boys. I was thinking about ya B.O.B. when we blew it in the 4th. :cry:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

djm13 wrote:"I went into this year trying to do something, to put myself in a situation where we can win, Okay?" he said, "to help the team win games. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. So, what do I do now, as far as the way I play? I go back to playing like Stephon Marbury, aka Starbury. I haven't been Starbury this year. I've been some other dude this year."[/b]
"If this was my contract year and I went to any organization, based on how I played this year, and asked for the max, tell me what they would tell me," .Marbury said in the interview. "They'd say, 'That ain't happening.' "

it wasn't happening even if you played like starbury too, idiot.

i want dolan to buy everyone out.

i've never been so depressed as a fan of a team.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Of all the NBA players that are actually skilled, Marbury is the one I'd least want on my team. The kid just doesn't get it.

djm13

Post by djm13 »

ALERT ALERT

jerome james has 11 points in the first 4 minutes of the game

SoulClap

Post by SoulClap »

Psychosis wrote:Of all the NBA players that are actually skilled, Marbury is the one I'd least want on my team. The kid just doesn't get it.
The "All NBA Skilled But You Don't Want Them On Your Team" Team

G: Baron Davis
G: Marbury
F: Antoine Walker
F: Zach Randolph
C: Erick Dampier
The game is a oxymoron; we sold free-base

djm13

Post by djm13 »

well, to be fair, what professional athlete isn't actually thinking that?

thing is, marbs is one of the few dumb enough to say it

...funny part is though...he's not complaining about that...he's actually saying that he's not worth his contract this year

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

SoulClap wrote:
Psychosis wrote:Of all the NBA players that are actually skilled, Marbury is the one I'd least want on my team. The kid just doesn't get it.
The "All NBA Skilled But You Don't Want Them On Your Team" Team

G: Baron Davis
G: Marbury
F: Antoine Walker
F: Zach Randolph
C: Erick Dampier
erick dampier is skilled?

djm13

Post by djm13 »

i think he's basing it on when dampier went out and tried...put together a good season

he's not so much skilled as "could be a pretty good big man with any effort"

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

djm13 wrote:...funny part is though...he's not complaining about that...he's actually saying that he's not worth his contract this year
This year and every year after his rookie contract.

djm13

Post by djm13 »

yup...thats the second funny part...that he feels he was worth it until now

an-also

Post by an-also »

Chris Kaman with 24 points and 23 boards. :ohsh: He's a solid player. Gets overlooked cause of guys like lebron, wade etc from his draft class.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

He's one of the few true centers left in the game and works hard. Doesn't need the ball to be effective.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

antione doesn't deserve to be up there with those guys

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

he needs a shave and a haircut.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

OMNI wrote:antione doesn't deserve to be up there with those guys
neither does erick dampier who's now getting the distinction of being skilled.

SoulClap

Post by SoulClap »

Hey man I had trouble trying to come up with a center in the league that has skills. Mark Blount maybe?

Why doesn't Antoine deserve to be there?
The game is a oxymoron; we sold free-base

djm13

Post by djm13 »

SoulClap wrote:Hey man I had trouble trying to come up with a center in the league that has skills
curry

i still dont think dampier was a terrible pick...he's not "skilled"...but he has the ability to put up much better numbers