2006-07 Official Fantasy Football Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

2006-07 Official Fantasy Football Thread

Post by Philaflava »

I'm making the "official" thread since there are many recent threads (mostly due to me) that relates.

This thread will be used for questions, updates and regular discussion.
Last edited by Philaflava on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Clinton Portis essentially ruled himself out of Monday night's game despite returning to practice Friday.

He didn't participate in full contact work at Friday's practice. "The way things look, bro, you'll probably be seeing 2-6 against Dallas," Portis said. "But who knows? If not, I should be ready for Houston. They want me to be 100 percent." Portis is targeting Week 2, so his owners should too. Sep. 8 - 3:55 pm et

-------------

T.J. Houshmandzadeh will be a game-time decision after missing a third straight day of practice Friday.

He will be a game-time decision. Housh returned quickly from a hand injury last year, but it will be tough for him to suit up Sunday. Plan on alternatives. Chris Henry, who would likely start in his place, is a great one. Sep. 8 - 3:27 pm et

-------------

Steelers signed RB Najeh Davenport.

The team cut Patrick Cobbs to make room. Davenport's presence immediatley makes Duce Staley expendable or useless. If Dookie can stay healthy, he could cut into Willie Parker's touches near the goal line. He's worth a roster spot in most fantasy leagues. Sep. 8 - 4:00 pm et

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

I'd start McNabb, Stallworth and everyone in the Cardinals offense.

They're all gonna have monster games on Sunday, including the Cards TE, Mark Pope, who's 6'8" :ohsh: . Motherfucker will be a magnet for red zone TDs.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Icesickle wrote:I'd start McNabb, Stallworth and everyone in the Cardinals offense.

They're all gonna have monster games on Sunday, including the Cards TE, Mark Pope, who's 6'8" :ohsh: . Motherfucker will be a magnet for red zone TDs.
I think it's too early for Stallworth.

The Texans can't possibly be as bad as last year, and Stallworth is still learning the offense. I think he's a couple of weeks away as a starter.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Sep 9 In a surprise announcement, coach Joe Gibbs said Saturday he thinks Portis (shoulder) will be a backup in the Redskins' Monday night opener against the Vikings, the Associated Press reports.
Recommendation: Portis has also been upgraded from questionable to probable on the injury report, although Ladell Betts remains set to start. "If I had to say, I think Ladell will start and Clinton will play a backup role in the game," Gibbs said. "That's the way I think it's going to go. I think that's what we've tried to accurately portray during the week." Although Portis stated otherwise earlier, he's changed his tune a bit and now says, "I'm about 93.9 right now," he said. "I've still got two more days to get to 100 percent. ... At the rate things have been increasing, it looks pretty good." There's still too many questions for our liking, so if you have even a decent option for Week 1, continue to use it over Portis, but if you absolutely were stuck for Week 1, it now looks like you might get something out of him.

the brow

Post by the brow »

It's Leonard Pope, grandma.
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I think Stallworth will be McNabb's #3 target, with LJ Smith leading the way and then 2nd year Reggie Brown.

Still not a bad option, but like Jam said it maybe too early. They gotta gel together first.

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

:lol:

i was gonna say, mark pope is in the nfl now??

hell of a player.

i think a ton of people are overrating stallworth now that he's in philly. he's still donte stallworth and he'll still do the frustrating 100 yds and a score one week, 2 catches for 20 yds the next.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Maroney & Dillion will be the best 1/2 punch in the league this year.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Philaflava wrote:Maroney & Dillion will be the best 1/2 punch in the league this year.
nah

McAllister/Bush is a better vet/rookie combo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Philaflava wrote:I think Stallworth will be McNabb's #3 target, with LJ Smith leading the way and then 2nd year Reggie Brown.

Still not a bad option, but like Jam said it maybe too early. They gotta gel together first.
rt e

boy was i wrong

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Philaflava wrote:
Philaflava wrote:I think Stallworth will be McNabb's #3 target, with LJ Smith leading the way and then 2nd year Reggie Brown.

boy was i wrong
Yeah, me too.

Still, the Texans make a lot of players and teams look good.

FreshShabazz

Post by FreshShabazz »

Yeah Stallworth had a monster game today.

Kurt Warner had an excellent first half, but only hit Boldon once... at least it was for a TD.

"the hardest thing is to forgive, but God does/ even if you've murdered and robbed, yeah it's wrong, but God loves/ take one step towards him, he takes two towards you/ even when all else fails God supports you."

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

jamrage wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

boy was i wrong
Yeah, me too.

Still, the Texans make a lot of players and teams look good.
yeah i wouldnt get to excited about today
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

man I hope LT has a monster game tomorrow

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Andvil wrote:man I hope LT has a monster game tomorrow
Yea, I need one... bad.

Frank Gore looks like he will end up being a good pick.

Lance Goodthrust

Post by Lance Goodthrust »

So Trent Green was my starting QB. Not who I wanted in the first place, but who I ended up with. Some asshole in my league just e-mailed me "Looks like you need a QB" with this proposed trade. Drew Bledsoe for Larry Johnson and Marvin Harrison. I want to go slap him in the face for thinking I'm some retard.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

i'm happy i got holt and maroney for bush and jurevicious, lookingat the browns i dont think they'regetting any TD's to their receivers

maroney had a big game

bush was nice but i don't see him getting too many TD's
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Peeping Tom wrote:i'm happy i got holt and maroney for bush and jurevicious, lookingat the browns i dont think they'regetting any TD's to their receivers

maroney had a big game

bush was nice but i don't see him getting too many TD's
Bush>Maroney both overall, and in fantasy

but Holt is a top WR so I think you get the best of it

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Devin Hester = MONSTER

Gore looks like the best RB out of the U in the past 10 years, well last night he did.

A__TRAIN

Post by A__TRAIN »

I have Deon Branch on my team should I drop him? or wait till the hold out ends?

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

A__TRAIN wrote:I have Deon Branch on my team should I drop him? or wait till the hold out ends?
traded to seattle like seconds ago...
everything is coming up milhouse, huh?

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

A__TRAIN wrote:I have Deon Branch on my team should I drop him? or wait till the hold out ends?
he got traded to the seahawks for a first rounder today, so obviously hold on to him.

especially since darrell jackson constantly misses time with injury, branch could be the default #1 with a really good qb at the helm.

burleson owners can't be happy.

A__TRAIN

Post by A__TRAIN »

That seahawks roster is really becoming a total powerhouse

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

A__TRAIN wrote:That seahawks roster is really becoming a total powerhouse
no O-Line=No time for Hasselback

they couldn't do anything against a mediocre Detroit D
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

i have deion branch, and i'll be watching to see how he fits into the offense...

that said, i was playing my brother in week 1 this week, which makes it an obvious rival game...

score going into tonight, i'm up, 43-42.

i have the redskins d going, who end up with 1 lousy point, a meaningless sack...

make that 44-42.

and he has lamont jordan in the late game.

LOL.

11 carries, 20 yards, thank you for playing...

what makes it all the more sweeter are the several phone calls/shit talking text messages we exchanged over the course of the night..

last text i got was 'fuck', and then he didn't answer his phone the rest of the night...

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Ok so who should i start as my 2nd RB this week. My primary is Ronnie Brown.

Dunn Vs TB
D Foster Vs Min
F Taylor Vs Pit
M Bell Vs KC

Im leaning towards Dunn or Foster.
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Foster and the Panthers line looked terrible this week. I would stay away until they showed it was a case of Atlanta's defense being that good.

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

Prophecy wrote:Ok so who should i start as my 2nd RB this week. My primary is Ronnie Brown.

Dunn Vs TB
D Foster Vs Min
F Taylor Vs Pit
M Bell Vs KC

after week 1 i think you gotta go with dunn.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

uh zip zoom wrote:
Prophecy wrote:Ok so who should i start as my 2nd RB this week. My primary is Ronnie Brown.

Dunn Vs TB
D Foster Vs Min
F Taylor Vs Pit
M Bell Vs KC

after week 1 i think you gotta go with dunn.
even tho tampa always shuts down the ATL ground game. TB's d usually has trouble with down hill power runners not guys that are speed and bounce guys as the Tampa d's strength is its sideline to sideline speed