New York Football Giants - 2006 Season

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Mannings = the most unclutch family in sports history.

Sir Loin

Post by Sir Loin »

Although the loss yesterday was painful i can now put this season into my own perspective. If you asked me before the season i would have said the giants would go 7-9 or 8-8 at best so 11-5 and an NFC East title is a big year for a team with a second year qb and a large amount of injuries on both sides of the ball especially LB. To all you cowboys and eagles fans ill give you the same treatment ive give the stupid red sox fans. No one cares about your past championships (or past championship failures in the eagles case)
WE WON THE DIVISION you did not make the playoffs so hate all you want your teams do not matter this season. As a giants and a yankee fan i can say any teams fans that measure success by the things they have done in the past or by the failure of another organization(sox,eagles,cowboys,skins fans) are a sad lot
the only thing that matters are super bowl wins this year. Now to the redskin fans you can talk all the shit you want until next season for all i care you guys made it further in the playoffs and you wont here any excuses from us giants fans about why we lost lets see if you can say the same when your bounced
just remember we still won the division and if you dont win the super bowl you failed worse than we did. :megaman:

djm13

Post by djm13 »

disgusting

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

ImageImage
ImageImage

djm13

Post by djm13 »

T-Wrex wrote:Image
i blame you

between you making us your playoff team and bill simmons picking us to beat the panthers we really had no shot

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

djm13 wrote:
T-Wrex wrote:Image
i blame you

between you making us your playoff team and bill simmons picking us to beat the panthers we really had no shot
im a professional sports jinx

stupidregister hired me to do it

$500 an i'll make the bears lose, gaurenteed or your money back..
ImageImage
ImageImage

MaskedTerror # 2

Post by MaskedTerror # 2 »

I feel this is the place for an over-obsessed Giant's fan to come and discuss something overly obsessive that is on his mind. The 2004 free agency class of the Giants. Reading over the roster analysis on BBI, I got to thinking about this crew. To think that two years ago the Giants made mistakes that are unthinkable in personnel, and now they are an 11 win team. Says something about the 05 class and also the state of the NFL. And Elijah, of course. Anyway, here is the list of FA's signed by the GMen in 04.

DT Fred Robbins (Signed from Vikings; 6-years, $20 million, $4 million SB)
Biggest bucks went to Fred, and I thought it was a good signing until I saw that he couldn't keep Willie Joe and Clancy off the field. What the fuck? Too fat? Too lazy? Lots of weird rumors. A lot of money for a solid back up tackle
SLB Carlos Emmons (Signed from Eagles; 5-years, $16.5 million, $4.5 million SB)
I thought this was a great signing. But it has been nothing great and with the dude getting older and less durable...probably not so good.
OC/OG Shaun O'Hara (Signed from Browns; 3-years, $5.4 million, $2 million SB)
Kinda sad when an average center from the Browns of all shitty places is your best FA pick-up. Not making me forget Bart Oates, but a good player.
WLB Barrett Green (Signed from Lions; 5-years, $13.25 million, $2.75 million SB)
Too injury prone. Also weird clashes with Coughlin and team medical officials. Might still get a shot next year, but as of now, a total and utter failure.
OT/OG Barry Stokes (Signed from Browns; 5-years, $4.685 million salary, $1.25 million SB)
I believe Barry tore his ass up (literally) and he has caught on as a starter elsewhere...still a negative move
DT Martin Chase (Signed from Redskins; 2-years, $1.3 million, $160,000 SB)
Well, stole him away from the Skins...I believe he hooked me up with extra sugar in my cofee today at Dunkin Donuts. MIA
CB Terry Cousin (Waived by Panthers; 3-years, $2.9 million, $900,000 SB)
Did we really sign TC to a three year deal? Really?
DE Lorenzo Bromell (Signed from Raiders; 3-years, $3 million, $300,000 SB)
I can't believe this shit.
OT Ed Ellis (Signed from Chargers; 1-year, $660,000, $30,000 SB)
Not big money or whatever, but this dude sucked.
DT Norman Hand (Waived by Seahawks; 2-years, $1.9 million, $340,000 SB)
Norm had a good year, actually. I liked the signing, but he was old and fragile and got cut right as the season ended. Lame.
PK Bill Gramatica (Not Tendered by Cardinals; 1-year, $455,000)
I hated this signing. Wasn't this the dude that tore up his leg celebrating the like one Carinals win? Didn't make it out of camp.
DT Glen Steele (Signed from Bengals; 1-year, $535,000)
Nothing. Liked him in college, but no impact on the Giants.
WR James McKnight (Waived by Dolphins; 1-year, $660,000)
Wow. Just a lot of trash. Not that this was more than a street FA signing, but still, just nothing to show for the money.
WR JaJuan Dawson (Signed from Colts; 1-year, $535,000)
See: James McKnight
FS Jason Doering (Not Tendered by Colts; 1-year, $455,000)
Remember this dude? Yeah, not wearing the Blue, but I remember him.
FS Brent Alexander (Waived by Steelers; 4-years)
Quality signing. Shouldn't have been so important to the Giants D, but what can you do?
QB Kurt Warner (Waived by Rams; 2-years, $9.5 million, $1.5 million SB)
I don't have a ton to say. It has been said. It was a fine signing, really. But has no current affect on the team.
OT Mathias Nkwenti (Tender Withdrawn by Steelers; 1-year) (Later Waived)
OK.
TE Joe Dean Davenport (Not tendered by Colts; 1-year)
Blech.

to be continued...

Masked Terror # 2- The Violent One

"The pleasure was yours"

MaskedTerror # 2

Post by MaskedTerror # 2 »

Here's some fuckers we lost in the 04 class:

OC Chris Bober (Signed with Chiefs; 5-years, $10 million)
I wasn't too bummed at the time, but the guy is starting tackle on the best o-line in the league. Not that I think he is that good even now, but yeah, we are not exactly loaded down with tackles.
SLB Brandon Short (Signed with Panthers; 3-years, $4.5 million, $1.5 million SB)
Again, I didn't think much of the player, but he is starting on a great D, and LB is so weak at the moment....I'm not saying I would have gone crazy trying to keep this fucker...but he could have come in handy.
WLB Dhani Jones (Signed with Eagles; 5-years, $12.5-13.5 million, $2 million SB)
See: Short. But I should add that I hate this dude. And his gay attempt to get noticed with the air guitar celebration. Douche.
DT Cornelius Griffin (Signed with Redskins; 7-years, $31 million, $8.3 million SB)
This one burns me up. And that signing bonus is what did it. Yeah, Griffin never played as well as he did his rookie year, but he had talent at the D-line. And now, you have to say he is one of the better DTs in the league. Gets me angry. Plays his best against the GMen. Fuck.

All right, I am done now, I am going outside.

Masked Terror # 2- The Violent One

"The pleasure was yours"

djm13

Post by djm13 »

interesting, especially on the ones we lost....would ANYONE prefer the ones we signed to the ones we lost?

and i dont think much of short or jones either

and bober totally blows imo....chiefs signed him to be the RT but they moved him back inside once they realized he sucks at tackle...he doesnt even start anymore

and yes bill grammatica is the injured while celebrating a fg guy

i agree...of all those players, griffin is the only one that really is a difference maker....at the time i thought we should release him based on the salary...but looking back..we probably would be better with him and without those lbs (again, i thought they made the right moves at the time)

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

STRAHANANOV!

"I'm like an emotional pillar"

Diggedy

Post by Diggedy »

Gotta keep this shit going...

I know it's only Week 1, and I know that the Giants are preaching "it's a marathon, not a sprint"..

But this loss has me looking at the schedule and thinking "this team might very well finish 8-8"..

The thing that bothers you the most, is the way they keep losing... It's the been the same thing year in, year out, since Parcells left..

How many times in recent years have you looked at the Pats and said "jesus what the fuck are you guys doing??"..It rarely, if ever, happens.

I have never seen a team shoot themselves in the foot as much as the Giants have, from Ray Handley all the way to Coughlin.. Doesn't matter who the players are...

And after seeing it last night, I'm just not convinced this team is going to shape up...

They HAVE to split these next 2...

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

I just now saw this resurrected thread.

I wish all my comments were in here.
hopps wrote:i also think mindbender wastes way too much time on this message board. i think he should never come here again. seriously, man.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

The defensive savior Arrington had a great night last night eh?
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

Prophecy wrote:The defensive savior Arrington had a great night last night eh?
none of the pass rushers on any team had any type of night.

you have to credit both o-lines and the mannings for getting the ball out quick and moving around in the pocket deftly.

Sir Loin

Post by Sir Loin »

im gonna come out and say something most non-giants fans may find crazy but i think brandon jacobs will run for around 1,000 yards and 12 tds this season. i will also say that thunder and lighting is back. that is all :megaman:

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Sir Loin wrote:im gonna come out and say something most non-giants fans may find crazy but i think brandon jacobs will run for around 1,000 yards and 12 tds this season. i will also say that thunder and lighting is back. that is all :megaman:
fuck oughta here

jacobs did good cus the colts rush D is pathetic, not even pathetic lower than pathetic

tiki will have a decent year but jacobs will get around 700 yards and maybe 10 TD's if he does alot of goalline work
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

Diggedy

Post by Diggedy »

Sir Loin wrote:im gonna come out and say something most non-giants fans may find crazy but i think brandon jacobs will run for around 1,000 yards and 12 tds this season. i will also say that thunder and lighting is back. that is all :megaman:
I don't think this is too far fetched (save for the 12 td's)..

They're definitely going to look to give the ball to Tiki a little less, to keep him oven fresh for the whole season...

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

YESSSS!!! Now that's what I'm fucking talking about.
hopps wrote:i also think mindbender wastes way too much time on this message board. i think he should never come here again. seriously, man.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Jennie C wrote:YESSSS!!! Now that's what I'm fucking talking about.
what, being down 14-7 at halftime?!?!

dumb broads
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

Peeping Tom wrote:

dumb broads
Can you tell time, you fucking douchebag?

That was first drive fool.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Jennie C wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:

dumb broads

so eli got your panties wet with that first drive did he?
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

Peeping Tom wrote:so eli got your panties wet with that first drive did he?
You need to get laid or something.

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

I am in shock right now. I didn't think they'd pull it off.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Peeping Tom wrote:
Jennie C wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:

dumb broads

eli's game today > anything phillip rivers does this whole season.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

well they snuck out of there with a win, a big win because being 0-2 with your next game vs Seattle is a good way to have your season over before it gets going

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

eternalreflection wrote:well they snuck out of there with a win, a big win because being 0-2 with your next game vs Seattle is a good way to have your season over before it gets going
Snuck is the key word.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:
Jennie C wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:

dumb broads

philip will win his division

eli won't make the playoffs

arab bastid
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Peeping Tom wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:
Jennie C wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote: what, being down 14-7 at halftime?!?!

dumb broads

philip will be carried by a very good supporting staff to a division title

eli will win his division, i'm just bitter cause the chargers could've had him

arab bastid
there i fixed it for you. no one is that stupid.

Diggedy

Post by Diggedy »

The fucking hits keep on coming..

Jesus christ.

Amani's out for the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2654278