NFL Power Rankings

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

NFL Power Rankings

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

Thinking about doing it again this year. maybe it'll be more successful.

anyone down to do this?

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

lets do the damn thang. off the top no 1= ravens no2= bears no3=atl
how does it work a poll?

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

i'll pick 5 people to do it with me every week.

these 5 people would have to rank the top 15-30 teams in the nfl.

i'll compile all of them mathmatically.

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

pm me today or tomorrow, i'm on this for you greg...

IF, you start heading into the betting thread and post your lock of the week in bold..(read my last post there)

i'll do the power poll anyway obviously...

eris

Post by eris »

ripweblo wrote:lets do the damn thang. off the top no 1= ravens no2= bears no3=atl
how does it work a poll?
The Chargers look better than Chicago and Atlanta.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

eris wrote:
ripweblo wrote:lets do the damn thang. off the top no 1= ravens no2= bears no3=atl
how does it work a poll?
who the hell has san diego played?

oakland and tennessee?!?!?! GTFOH. those are 2 of the top 5 worst teams in the NFL.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
eris wrote:
how does it work a poll?

oakland and tennessee?!?!?! GTFOH. those are 2 of the top 5 worst teams in the NFL.
but Chicago's schedule is tougher? GB and Detroit aren't exactly good

Atlanta's look pretty impressive thats for sure, since they were winning teams last year, and Atlanta controlled the games, and ran all over them

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

eternalreflection wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
eris wrote:
how does it work a poll?

but Chicago's schedule is tougher? GB and Detroit aren't exactly good
if you look at the NFL thread, i made fun of people who were hyping chicago by pointing out they played cupcakes so far.

THANKS BILL JAMES

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

i guess me, rip, wiper, and BOB will do it for this week.

i'll pm y'all this afternoon.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

where's my PM?

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

fuck your pm, cracka

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

1. Colts
-Beat a decent G-men squad at the ג€˜lands in a game you may have heard about, if you like 6ג€™5ג€ quarterbacks with laser rocket arms.
2. Bears
-Two straight spankings in their bunk division. Got the north locked now, but what happens when someone lands on Rex?
3. Falcons
-Mexico electing to throw less and grind it out a la Nebraska back in the days is paying dividends, as is enlisting a disgruntled John Abraham.
4. Ravens-Defense refuses to show age. This is what a competent quarterback looks like huh? Last time they had someone who didnג€™t screw up 50% of the time, they won the whole goddamn thing. Fucking Ballmer
5. Jaguars
-Another rad fucking D. Tore down the Bledsoe statue and gave Roflsburger a Malkin-like treatment. Matt Jones, who?
6. Patriots
-Tom is looking more human, have been alarmingly close against two division bunk-houses. Lawrence Maroney, will he steal Reggieג€™s shine this year?
7. Bengals
-Carsonג€™s female-ankle-knee is still holding up, as is Chadג€™s magnificent cut. Giving to ball to Rudi (140+, two touches) will continue to be key.
8. Chargers
-Shawne Merriman, holla at Southeast. However, they have been upending some serious dogs, lets see if ג€œLights-outג€ can generate some electricity against a decent front. Couldnג€™t be in a better position with the Broncs looking vulnerable.
9. Giants
-Pulled out a number one stunna victory, causing many-a wife to get beat in South Philly. Can Eli last if these beatings (8 sacks) continue?
10. Steelers
-A Roflsburger gut-check is needed here as the qb looked bedridden against the Jags. They always start slow.
11. Vikings
-Offensive line looks truthful, making Brad Johnson and Chester Taylor both look competent.
12. Eagles
-A stinker of a loss at home, but softy sched. (@9ers, then home v. woeful Pack) ought to cool the nerves of 70,000 drunken-hooligans
13. Seahawks
-Eked out that 2-0 start. Shaunג€™s Ankle is swelling up. Madden continues the reign of terror. I think ג€˜hawks fans would be more excited if Hutch was suiting up Sunday instead of Deon Branch
14. Cowboys
-Defense is humming, Glenn is running routes and the line is healthy. But for how long? They've got to cut back on those flags (most penalized team in the league).
15. Saints
-Beat two teams on the downswing, but you got to believe that there is a driving force behind this team that lies deeper than the gridiron. (thatג€™s my Sports Reporters closing thought)
16. Broncos
-Shanahanג€™s experimentation is yielding little results. Snakeג€™s time under center is ticking. Running backs donג€™t actually grow on trees (or in undrafted free agency).
17. 49ers
-Small-hands looks sharp, as does Antonio Bryant and Frank Gore. If they beat the iggles, get ready for hype-city.
18. Cards
-Got pieces, but couldnג€™t get the puzzle together in a statement game against the ג€˜hawks. They have a lot to prove in my eyes
19. Panthers
-WTF at that reverse Punt return. Who knew a tiny wideout meant so much? All of these Merriman-merry men (myself included) need to take a look at #90. Anyone see the clip Peppers had last week? (3 sacks, 2 blocked kicks, touchdown) ho-lee-shit
20. Redskins
-Will bounce back with Clinton returning. Depending on him last year lead to a five game winning streak and playoffs. But damn if Mark Brunell isnג€™t fucking awful.
21. Rams
-The offense isnג€™t there, the defense is prone, but things look malleable, especially in that division
22. Jets
-Jericho Cotchery. Jericho Cotchery. Jericho Cotchery. I love how everyone knew Culpepper would bounce back, but Pennington gets laughed at. Show em what chyou got kid.
23. Bills
-Surprisingly to all, they arenג€™t sucking. Can they keep this up (doubtful)?
24. Browns
-Kellen Winslow: Quotation Machine. Muhfuckas like that need to stay away from the tape recorder. I wonder if they can lose another key player to injury (McCutcheon, Droughns, etc)?
25. Lions
-John Kitna is the quarterback and Kevin Jones is averaging like 2 yards a carry. So much for Roy boyג€™s guarantee. Got to keep that defense together though.
26. Chiefs
-Speaking of Quotations, how long before Herm launches into some tirade about whatever? Oh wait, it already happenedג€¦ I didnג€™t know Damon Huard still played footballג€¦
27. Dolphins
-Yeah, Culpepper actually sucks. Remember? At least the skins arenג€™t the only 0-2 teams to disgrace their fanbase. Joey may have to put the comb down and pick up a football before the season is dunn. Yes, the Jets are better than them.
28. Titans
-Fisher gets heated about dealing Billy-freaking-Volek. I think he is scouting real estate in Detroit/Virginia/Oakland/Phoenix right this second.
29. Raiders
-LOL
30. Bucs
-Wha happened? Apparently, facing to quarterback eating Defenses have exposed these fakers.
31. Packers
-Brettג€™s ג€œtalentedג€ squad loses in many ways. Smart to come back with that shit O-line in tact. Brady Quinn, get ready.
32. Texans
-Rolled by the Colts in their annual ג€œPeyton-makes-direct-TV-commercialג€ game. I am not saying they could have used Reggie Bush, but Ron Dayne is likely to start Sunday.

an-also

Post by an-also »

^^^ How are the raiders better than anybody let alone 3 teams?

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

an-also wrote:^^^ How are the raiders better than anybody let alone 3 teams?
I gave them a break because they played two pretty damn decent squads. Pretty much all of the bottom-rung teams equal out in the end.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

i like how the niners are in the top 20, deservingly so.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

bob, i wanted you to pm it to me, you illiterate redskin fan

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Gregg Popabitch wrote:bob, i wanted you to pm it to me, you illiterate redskin fan
lol

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

bringinoutbangerz wrote: 24. Browns
-Kellen Winslow: Quotation Machine. Muhfuckas like that need to stay away from the tape recorder. I wonder if they can lose another key player to injury (McCutcheon, Droughns, etc)?
of course they can, they're the browns.

and on winslow, he's only saying what everyone else is thinking. i may be the only person (maybe 1 or 2 other browns fans here) watching their games, but he's absolutely right. why wouldn't you have him in on 3rd downs? he's far and away our best receiver.

and why the fuck wouldn't we start throwing the ball downfield? there's no argument against it...what? frye might get intercepted? we might lose? been there and done that shit...

it's fucking brutal having to watch them every week. not only because of how bad they are, but because their playcalling is SO FUCKING CONSERVATIVE. we're down 17 and throwing 4 yard outs to the fullback...

bless him for saying what everyone in northeast ohio is thinking..

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Chargers are better than any NFC team

IF saints are top 20 no way pack are lower than the Raiders, Titans, Bucs or even the Dolphins who look just as atrocious
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Peeping Tom wrote:Chargers are better than any NFC team
Shut the hell up, PLZ. Your overhyping of the Chargers is going way too far.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

he is the biggest homer on this board in terms of football.

bar none.

they play the titans and raiders and he is gassed beyond belief.

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

Wiper - Do you foresee Braylon Edwards getting fucking INVOLVED in this offense?

(He's a WR on my fantasy team) and not really by choice

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Gregg Popabitch wrote:he is the biggest homer on this board in terms of football.

bar none.

well its true they played bad teams sure, but they absolutely crushed them

play .500ish vs playoff caliber teams, win all the rest, thats the way to a 12-4, 13-3 record

Denver and Indy I believe where the only teams that were above .500 vs playoff teams last year

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

eternalreflection wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:he is the biggest homer on this board in terms of football.

bar none.

well its true they played bad teams sure, but they absolutely crushed them

play .500ish vs playoff caliber teams, win all the rest, thats the way to a 12-4, 13-3 record

Denver and Indy I believe where the only teams that were above .500 vs playoff teams last year
thing is i feel bad for whoever loses to oakland. thats how bad they are. and the titans.....well the titans lost to the jets.

rest of their schedule is not easy. 10 wins.

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

pendiana jones wrote:Wiper - Do you foresee Braylon Edwards getting fucking INVOLVED in this offense?

(He's a WR on my fantasy team) and not really by choice
short answer - no.

long answer...maurice carthon is not the type of offensive coordinator that will let braylon shine...what do you remember of him at michigan?? catching 60 yard bombs, right? the way he calls, everything is either a 4 yard slant, or a hitch/stop pattern. winslow will grab the majority of balls like that...

that said, there's starting to be a LOT of talk on local radio/tv that if carthon doesn't open it up soon, he'll be gone. and that's all winslow was saying..'look, we're 0-1, we're down 17 to a team with a great offense, and we're running the ball up the middle on first and second down, and throwing a tight end out on 3rd down..'

he's right.

braylon also dropped about 3 or 4 perfect passes sunday. he's always had sketchy hands (i'll always remember the ball he dropped against ohio state on 4th and 2), but i'm thinking he thinks that he has to make a huge play every time they throw to him...

so yeah, unless the entire offense is changed sometime soon, he's looking 600 yards and maybe 3-4 td's right in the face...why would he be any different now that i think about it...he's a top 3 pick that the browns drafted...when have we EVER picked a solid player in the top 10??

p.s. pendy...who are your backups?? :lol:

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

wiper, where's your power rankings.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:wiper, where's your power rankings.
wheres rip's power rankings? he told me he sent it to you.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Philaflava wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:wiper, where's your power rankings.
wheres rip's power rankings? he told me he sent it to you.
rip sent them in.

i'm going to combine them and put it up today and put up rip's as well. THANKS ALOT WIPER FOR NOT COMING THROUGH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

the Wiper wrote:braylon also dropped about 3 or 4 perfect passes sunday. he's always had sketchy hands (i'll always remember the ball he dropped against ohio state on 4th and 2), but i'm thinking he thinks that he has to make a huge play every time they throw to him...
woah, what? sketchy hands? not saying that braylon hasn't dropped a few balls, but he's he best UofM wide receiver since anthony carter, and drops have never been a big problem. he just hasn't been able to get into a groove in the nfl yet, with his knee injury (explosiveness is the last thing to come back) and playing in an anemic offense. you think the browns haven't been willing to open up the offense as much because their qb is charlie frye?? either way, braylon is not just a deep threat.

droughns hasn't been doing them any favors either. and winslow is a joke. "let's air it out! let's run the ball!" you haven't proven shit and it's not your place to speak up. think he said that shit to carthon?? nah, he just ran in front of the cameras to call his coaches out. i'd sit his ass on the bench.

browns are a mess. ravens win 28-0 from 14 safeties.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

PF's Power Rankings

1. Indianapolis Colts- BOB's pick for #1 Overall

2. Baltimore Ravens- RipWeblo's pick for #1 Overall

3. Jacksonville Jaguars- Popa's pick for #1 Overall

4t. Atlanta Falcons- Don't keep Vick in the pocket. Mora's letting him loose. (Pop)

4t. Chicago Bears- Two straight spankings in their bunk division. Got the north locked now, but what happens when someone lands on Rex? (BOB)

6. Cincinatti Bengals- Carsonג€™s female-ankle-knee is still holding up, as is Chadג€™s magnificent cut. Giving to ball to Rudi (140+, two touches) will continue to be key. (BOB)

7. New England Patriots- did not look too strong in first 2. (RIP)

8. New York Giants- Pulled out a number one stunna victory, causing many-a wife to get beat in South Philly. Can Eli last if these beatings (8 sacks) continue? (BOB)

9. San Diego Chargers- very weak 1st 2 opponents, but they handled their biz (RIP)

10t. Seattle Seahawks- D is nice, offense will disappear against a good D. (RIP)

10t. Pittsburgh Steelers- ben was shakey, fuck a willie parker buddy is a bumb. (RIP)

12. Minnesota Vikings- daute who? (RIP)

13. Philedelphia Eagles- what a choke job. offense looking nice though. (RIP)

14. Dallas Cowboys- Defense is humming, Glenn is running routes and the line is healthy. But for how long? They've got to cut back on those flags (most penalized team in the league). (BOB)
%only 0-2 teams to disgrace their fanbase. Joey may have to put the comb down and pick up a football before the season is dunn. Yes, the Jets are better than them. (BOB)
25. Kansas City Chiefs- I told y'all herman Edwards sucks (POP)

26. Tampa Bay Bucs- Gruden's going to have chucky face all fall LOL (POP)

27. Detroit Lions- -John Kitna is the quarterback and Kevin Jones is averaging like 2 yards a carry. So much for Roy boyג€™s guarantee. Got to keep that defense together though. (BOB)

28. Green Bay Packers- Brettג€™s ג€œtalentedג€ squad loses in many ways. Smart to come back with that shit O-line in tact. Brady Quinn, get ready. (BOB)

29. Cleveland Browns- Wiper wouldn't do power rankings cause the Browns suck (POP)

30. Oakland Raiders- OH! SO THIS WAS HOW BAD ART SHELL IS? I ALMOST FORGOT (POP)

31. Tennessee Titans- Play Vince already. Why would anyone consider playing kerry collins? (POP)

32. Houston Texans- How Many #1 overall picks will they get in the next few years? (POP)
Last edited by Gregg Popabitch1 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.