Official European Football 2009/2010 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Dogging two Gunners CQ, that's hardly like you. Walcott made it. I think they both deserve spots, not starters but a place on the team. France took Yann M'Vila, Mathieu Valbuena, Jimmy Briand, who are these guys? But no Nasir or Benz...foolish.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Disillusioned I guess. The heavy Buffon links is screwing with my brain.

You watching the final right now? I'm gonna put it on and see what happens, it just started.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Yep, pulling for Fulham, wanted to see Dempsey in the 11 but hopefully he comes on in the second half.

Comedy Quaddafi

Fulham just took advantage of Atleticos sort of naive gung-ho style. Perea not looking good.

A Guru is truly phenomenal to watch.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Come on Fulham!

Having to watch this online with Russian announcers. :lol: Oh well, at least i get to see the game, but it's shameful this isn't on Comcast SOMEWHERE. There are about 5 soccer channels and noone is carrying the game.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

extra time, Fulham clearly look the lesser of the two sides, but anything could happen.

edit: and it's over, it was fun Fulham.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Bah, poor Fulham. Having to play 3 games in a week didn't help them I'm sure.

Athletico was the better team, but Fulham defended really well, and they had some chances with their counterattacks.

Up next: Chelsea vs. Portsmouth in the FA Cup final on Saturday

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

jamrage wrote:Bah, poor Fulham. Having to play 3 games in a week didn't help them I'm sure.
So did Atletico.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Stoned Starks wrote:
jamrage wrote:Bah, poor Fulham. Having to play 3 games in a week didn't help them I'm sure.
So did Atletico.
:copy:

Comedy Quaddafi

Stoned Starks wrote:
So did Atletico.
Fulhams side against Arsenal didn't have any starters from yesterday's game (I think)

Glad to see the more attacking side winning and being rewarded for their attitude.
- MB

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

God Mourinho is such a prick. I really hope he does coach Real just to see the shitstorm in the Madrid press when he packs ten in the box and still loses to Barca.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Toure has 90% chance of leaving Barca - agent

By Soccernet staff

May 13, 2010

* Comment
* Email
* Print

The agent of Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure says that there is a 90% chance that the midfielder will leave the Nou Camp this summer as he has not played enough games.

Yaya Toure

GettyImages

Yaya Toure is one of Europe's best defensive midfielders

Arsenal and Manchester United have both been linked with a move for the Ivory Coast international, but Dimitri Seljuk said that Arsenal are in pole position.

"The player has a 90% chance of leaving Barcelona this summer," Seljuk said. ''Unfortunately, this season, Toure has not played what he would have liked. I think that this is due to a clause in his contract renewal. He has a major financial bonus if he plays more than 60% of official matches of the season."

Seljuk claimed that Toure is the best defensive midfielder in the world and would command the interest of most European clubs if he were made available.

"Toure is the best player in the world in his position. He can play in defence or as an attacking midfielder, which he showed at Monaco, where he played in five different positions in five games," he added.

"He is happy in Barcelona but I think most clubs in Europe are interested in the services of Yaya Toure. In any case, Arsenal are interested in him and I think we can do something with the club of Arsene Wenger."

Toure was really complacent this year. Busquets was consistently better than him and I'm not really a fan of Sergio. Yaya's passing was incredibly sloppy and he made some really ill-advised 40 yard shots that had no chance. Still, I think maybe the English game would suit him better and it seems like he would do well with Arsenal. Thoughts from the Gunners' faithful?

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Stoned Starks wrote:God Mourinho is such a prick. I really hope he does coach Real just to see the shitstorm in the Madrid press when he packs ten in the box and still loses to Barca.
As if people didn't have enough reason to hate either Jose or Real. Is there a better match?
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dan

Post by Dan »

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/27iQdCffxFk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/27iQdCffxFk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Comedy Quaddafi

Not a single transfer-window goes by without Yaya being linked to Arsenal. I'm not even kidding, EVERY window. If we want to keep the 4-3-3 steez then hes the one that could make it all work. Song could be pushed back even further Yaya would add the steel besides Fabregas in a box-to-box role, where Nasri, Denilson, Rosicky and Diaby all failed to implement themselves (Ramsey was designated for that role but of course he had to have his leg snapped in two by a brute). If they want any deal involving Fabregas they can go fuck themselves though, I'm sick of their unsettling tactics and making the newspaper lie for them, really an unclassy club in that regard - once the election heats up it's gonna be worse so I'd rather not negotiate with them at all. I can't see what Manu would do with him though.
- MB

Comedy Quaddafi

stupidregister wrote:
Stoned Starks wrote:God Mourinho is such a prick. I really hope he does coach Real just to see the shitstorm in the Madrid press when he packs ten in the box and still loses to Barca.
As if people didn't have enough reason to hate either Jose or Real. Is there a better match?
I watched this and had a good laugh @ the irony. "They didn't play football, they just defend and kick the ball away"... sounds like a champions league semi-final I saw recently.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FnfaeszteBw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FnfaeszteBw&hl=da_DK&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
- MB

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

LOL @ Boateng's terrible penalty for Portsmouth.

Then Drogba scores on a beauty and it's pretty much all over.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Fucking soul-less, money grubbing, blue faggots. Fuck that double.

The_Kernel

Post by The_Kernel »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Fucking soul-less, money grubbing, blue faggots. Fuck that double.
:roll:

What is wrong with wembley? Ever game I see there the pitch is fucked up somehow. This time it was ridiculously slow

mud

Post by mud »

Drogba was robbed for the Player of the year in England. That goal tally, without taking penalties is insane.
"Catch me in the corner not speaking"

Req

Post by Req »

mud wrote:Drogba was robbed for the Player of the year in England. That goal tally, without taking penalties is insane.
gtfoh, Rooney was clearly a better player than Drogba this year. When Drogba was throwing hissy fits at not being allowed to take penalties and generally acting like a mong towards teammates, Rooney was busy setting up goals for his players while knockin in 33 himself.
F.U. MOOLAH

mud

Post by mud »

Req wrote:
mud wrote:Drogba was robbed for the Player of the year in England. That goal tally, without taking penalties is insane.
gtfoh, Rooney was clearly a better player than Drogba this year. When Drogba was throwing hissy fits at not being allowed to take penalties and generally acting like a mong towards teammates, Rooney was busy setting up goals for his players while knockin in 33 himself.
Busy setting up goals?

He had 3 assists all season. Horseshit.

Not only did Drogba score more and create more, his range of goals were much better. 90% of Rooney's goals were fucking tap-ins.

Yeah Rooney was clearly better, get the fuck....

mud

Post by mud »

And how many times did Rooney act like a mong towards Nani?

Req

Post by Req »

mud wrote:
Req wrote:
Busy setting up goals?

Not only did Drogba score more and create more, his range of goals were much better. 90% of Rooney's goals were fucking tap-ins.

Wind yer fuckin neck in, Rooney is clearly a more efficient team player than Drogba, ANYONE would know this if they actually watched both sets of games this year. Nor was Rooney actin like a mong towards Nani, he was snappin him back into line. Look at how much better Nani plays after someone gets on him about being lazy. Rooney unquestionably makes his team better and drags them up to his standards. Drogba bitches, whines and throws his toys out the pram when he doesnt get his way. You're trying to seriously compare leadership to being a selfish prima donna?

Again G-T-F-O-HHHHHHHHH, you're about as fair and balanced when it comes to discussing Rooney as I am when it comes to Ballack. Chelsea would swap Drogba for Rooney without extensive deliberation, whereas MUFC would hang up the phone before you'd even get to your second sentence.
F.U. MOOLAH

Dan

Post by Dan »

Don't forget that Drogba missed a month due to the Africa Cup of Nations tournament. BUT, and I say this as a Chelsea fan, I do believe Rooney was the deserved winner.

Without Rooney, I don't think Man U finish 1 point behind Chelsea. In April when Chelsea had 2 matches in which they scored 7 in each, Drogba didn't score any. That shows that they are capable of winning without him showing up on the score sheet.

Drogba had the better season, but Rooney meant more for his team.

mud

Post by mud »

Req wrote:
mud wrote:
Req wrote:
Busy setting up goals?

Wind yer fuckin neck in, Rooney is clearly a more efficient team player than Drogba, ANYONE would know this if they actually watched both sets of games this year. Nor was Rooney actin like a mong towards Nani, he was snappin him back into line. Look at how much better Nani plays after someone gets on him about being lazy. Rooney unquestionably makes his team better and drags them up to his standards. Drogba bitches, whines and throws his toys out the pram when he doesnt get his way. You're trying to seriously compare leadership to being a selfish prima donna?

Again G-T-F-O-HHHHHHHHH, you're about as fair and balanced when it comes to discussing Rooney as I am when it comes to Ballack. Chelsea would swap Drogba for Rooney without extensive deliberation, whereas MUFC would hang up the phone before you'd even get to your second sentence.
You're no fair and balanced when it comes tp discussing Drogba or when it comes to talking about Man United.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

As someone who doesn't really have a dog in this fight I too would rather have Rooney than Drogba.

They're about equal in talent, but Drogba's sulking is fucking terrible. What happened at Wigan on the last day of the season when he wasn't allowed to take that first PK was disgraceful. What an incredible player, but dude needs to get his head on straight.

Drogba is Chelsea's version of Terrell Owens.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Comparing anyone to TO is just not fair, dude is on an other worldly asshole level all by himself. Where as Drogba, far from a stand up guy, is just a diving, prima dona.

I too would take Rooney over Drogba. There was a stretch this year, before he got hurt, where he was being considered in the best player in the world discussion. He never quite re-found that form, mostly because he's never been close to fit. Still I'd rank him #3 behind Messi, and Ronaldo.

elohim

Post by elohim »

Pretty disappointed Leonardo's leaving Milan after just one season. They never gave him a team that could win Serie A or CL, but he did well with what he had. Despite the fact that it was a trophyless season, I actually enjoyed watching Milan play again this year unlike the last couple years under the Ancelotti regime.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0Qr9tH_YRY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0Qr9tH_YRY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

PEACE, GAWD.

:icedit: How is this guy not playing in the WC?? I mean, I can sorta understand Dunga's line of reasoning, but there's no way Dinho doesn't deserve to be a super sub at the very least.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l46CkS-EDvQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l46CkS-EDvQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Comparing anyone to TO is just not fair, dude is on an other worldly asshole level all by himself. Where as Drogba, far from a stand up guy, is just a diving, prima dona.

I too would take Rooney over Drogba. There was a stretch this year, before he got hurt, where he was being considered in the best player in the world discussion. He never quite re-found that form, mostly because he's never been close to fit. Still I'd rank him #3 behind Messi, and Ronaldo.
Yeah i think I would rank him around there as well from what I've seen.

I think the Drogba/TO comparison is pretty apt. They both sulk when they feel like they don't get the ball enough, and neither is really considered a team leader despite being an elite talent. Drogba is more than a diver, he's potentially a hugely divisive player on the team if he doesn't feel like he gets the ball enough.