2014-15 NBA Off-Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Re: 2014-15 NBA Off-Season Thread

Post by Blockhead »

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:ohhh: :face:

if he can learn to handle the rock he's gonna be great
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

alpha

Post by alpha »

Not that he didn't well at KU, but that athleticism is built for the NBA. 'Bron gonna make sure he works hard.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Exum out here breaking people's ankles.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

The step back jumper Wiggins has shown in summer league is also a major upgrade.

Bron needs to get him on that meal/weight room plan, and that will take his game to another level.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

it's not like bron can take his talent and give it to wiggins. lebron aint a coach, why are people so focused on bron being responsible for wiggins' develoment?

i doubt any missing element of wiggins' NBA game is gonna be provided by lebron, its gonna help playing with the best player in the world but lets not act like all he has to do is sprinkle some king james dust on him and suddenly he's KD

alpha

Post by alpha »

its gonna help playing with the best player in the world
that's the point dun, you think scottie doesn't become scottie without MJ? but it's gotta be a big motivator to a guy like Wiggins to play with Bron and impress him. Whereas he ends up in Minny all he's playing for is his next contract.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I agree, but I thought it was stupid to compare today's players to MJ? Thats what i was told last page

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

These exum highlights are getting my dick hard

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

C'mon Kel.

Just the single fact that Wiggins will be practicing against Lebron on a daily basis will elevate his game.

Any advice, leadership, tutelage, LBJ can give him as a former #1 pick to help his development is only butter on his biscuits.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

VideoKilledThe wrote:C'mon Kel.

Just the single fact that Wiggins will be practicing against Lebron on a daily basis will elevate his game.

Any advice, leadership, tutelage, LBJ can give him as a former #1 pick to help his development is only butter on his biscuits.
Of course, but l've heard folks (nobody here) say that playing along bron will instantly turn him Into a star. I didnt see him much in college, but after SL i have a few questions, mainly ball handling. For the record, i love him and would trade love/rubio for him. Playing aside LBJ doesnt automatically change anything instantly, there will be growing pains

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Growing pains for sure, ball handling needs improvement esp his left hand, as well as his jumper shot...but

make no doubt about it, he is a star.
Last edited by VideoKilledThe on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alpha

Post by alpha »

just the work he's put in on his jumper since March is pretty telling. Kid rates out as a plus defender in the long run. Coming home to Kyrie and a player who might be just as good. This was a no brainer from a bball standpoint.

How come noones brings up the fact that Bron will get Kyrie to D finally? at least I'd guess he's gonna try.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I was surprised to hear that Poppabitch does not rate Kyrie.

Dude is one of the best ball handlers in the league.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... d-overseas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bombshell and good for him. He'll be in the NBA next year for real.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

VideoKilledThe wrote:I was surprised to hear that Poppabitch does not rate Kyrie.

I don't think it's so absurd. Kyrie is for sure one of the best at his position, but I would say Love is one of the top players in the league.

Trading Wiggins for Love is getting a sure thing no doubt. But trading a player who's fun to watch for Love and keeping a potential franchise player to build your future team around? Seems obvious.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Also LeBron isn't getting younger, you could say the need to win now is even greater but what are the Cavs when James loses his step and Love and Kyrie are all that's left? The Timberwolves?

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Ramen wrote:
VideoKilledThe wrote:I was surprised to hear that Poppabitch does not rate Kyrie.

I don't think it's so absurd. Kyrie is for sure one of the best at his position, but I would say Love is one of the top players in the league.

Trading Wiggins for Love is getting a sure thing no doubt. But trading a player who's fun to watch for Love and keeping a potential franchise player to build your future team around? Seems obvious.
Kyrie sucks on defense and has made NO ONE better. It's your job as a point guard and a #1 overall pick to help your teammates look better. People hate on Melo but suck off Kyrie's dick for the same reason.

He is a top 5 ball handler in the NBA if he isn't the best though.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Gregg Popabitch wrote: Kyrie sucks on defense and has made NO ONE better. It's your job as a point guard and a #1 overall pick to help your teammates look better. People hate on Melo but suck off Kyrie's dick for the same reason.
the hate on kyrie is overrated just like the hate on melo

bottom line we put them on pedestals and then homed in on their weaknesses when they disappointed us/got exposed and we won't let it go b/c we hold them to this standard of "superstar"

when in reality we should just accept the fact that there have probably been players in the past whose defense was equally suspect but whose teammates picked them up and hid such deficiencies (or similarly in melo's case, we say he can't be a playmaker but in reality he's never really had the teammates or asked to fill that role by coaches to be in such a mode), for example, though true heads noted iverson's actual overall defensive issues, the vast majority of fans would not remember iverson's faults and even the opposite, would probably call him a good defender (them steals :-p), whereas mutombo/ratliff/young raja bell/mckie who was literally in only for his defense/eric snow/etc. hid iverson's faults and let his brilliant part of his game (offense) shine that much more.

let irving have lebron and wiggins making up for his defensive inefficiencies and all of a sudden in five years nobody but us nerds are talking about irving's poor defensive effort.

and yes obviously having two defenders who can cover as much ground as wiggy/bron will make defense/defensive spacing better for irving leading to more opportunities for the counting stats
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

Don't get me wrong.....espn and SI, when they did their player rankings, had him in the top 10-12 players in the NBA when they did their player rankings at the beginning of last season. When I did my rankings for players, it was closer to top 20-25.

Even though I think Irving is overrated, I feel like Irving will actually help Lebron a lot. He needs someone to take the pressure off of him in terms of bringing the ball up and initiating offense. Irving is already the best PG Lebron has ever played with.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Boobie Gibson!!!!

an-also

Post by an-also »

lance to the hornets

Gregg Popabitch

an-also wrote:lance to the hornets
I think it's interesting as hell that Stephenson wanted a shorter deal.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Meanwhile Washington quietly cooking.

Gregg Popabitch

Ramen wrote:Meanwhile Washington quietly cooking.
The Dejuan Blair move and signing Humphries? meh. It's a good move for depth but they don't have a stretch 4 or stretch 5 and they will go into the year with Otto Porter as their starting SF.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

capable_keL wrote:These exum highlights are getting my dick hard
Dawg. Fwill...so insane. Can not WAIT to see him on that purple n gold.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
The Dejuan Blair move and signing Humphries? meh. It's a good move for depth but they don't have a stretch 4 or stretch 5 and they will go into the year with Otto Porter as their starting SF.
Is Pierce hurt? Cause, otherwise, pretty sure he's gonna start for the Wiz.

Gregg Popabitch

Blockhead wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Is Pierce hurt? Cause, otherwise, pretty sure he's gonna start for the Wiz.
Oh shit. Good call. I completely forgot about that.

It's going to be interesting to see how he fits as the starting SF though. He's older and not as good on defense as Ariza was. If Otto Porter upgrades his game to be Ariza lite off the bench though, they'll be okay.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Throughout his career Ariza has proved he plays very well during contract years.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Why wouldn't the Pacers offer 3/30 and be done with it? If the guy wants 3 instead of 5, what's the big deal? That's less of a risk for you too, why have such a hard-on for the longer contract to the point that he actually walks away from it. Now they have a gaping hole at SG and still have George Hill (making $8m/yr) as your starting PG. I guess I shouldn't expect logic from this team considering the max deal they gave Roy Hibbert.

Enjoy taking a step back, suckers.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;